lower than on screen

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

stetesla #1 Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42727 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the fact that the damage you cause in battle is not entirely entered into the damage indicator? i have noticed when you hit an enemy tank the damage displayed on the screen over the tank does not match what is registered and would like to know why? anyone out there crear this up for me or is it a glitch? thanks

Achibot #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
You can set your UI to combine hits, meaning if several shots from different sources hit at close to the same time they are combined onscreen. You can also set it to not do this if you don't like it.

stetesla #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42727 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
i am talking about damage you cause from a single shot. for instance i hit a grille15 in a battle the other day over the top of the tank it reported 560 dmg but only registered 450 on my score at bottom of screen. my next shot destroyed him and over the tank said 1100 i actually got 500 which was onlr 50hp more than the first shot even though the tank was destroyed. the grile has 1800hp how is it i only get 1010 damage from destroying him?

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21532 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

i am talking about damage you cause from a single shot. for instance i hit a grille15 in a battle the other day over the top of the tank it reported 560 dmg but only registered 450 on my score at bottom of screen. my next shot destroyed him and over the tank said 1100 i actually got 500 which was onlr 50hp more than the first shot even though the tank was destroyed. the grile has 1800hp how is it i only get 1010 damage from destroying him?

because you werent that only one to hit him.

If you fire at the tank at the same time as someone else the damage stacks. IE You hit him for 400, someone else hits him 0.5 seconds later for 300. It will display 700hp damage over the top of the tank.

stetesla #5 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42727 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

no you do not understand . i was the only player to hit him if you look at the damage caused next time you play you will see what i mean. over the top of the tank an amount comes up for the damage caused by the shot and in the centre and below is the amount you actually get. i have been looking through my replays and found 1 when playing arty , it was on mines attacking from bottom no other player could have got a shot on the tank i destroyed and i ammo racked him taking him out in 1 shot it reported 900 dmg but i got 600. watch the next time you play you will see this i have pnly noticed this from 3 updates ago

Edited by stetesla, 21 July 2017 - 02:16 AM.

Achibot #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

17,959 games and I haven't even suspected my damage to be mis-reported.

In your example above someone hit the tank shortly before you did doing 300 damage, you ammo-racked it for the remaining 600 for 900 total. This is overwhelmingly likely to be what happened and I would 100% need a replay before I would even debate it further. I honestly don't know why you would ask a question and then pretend like you know the answer is wrong. What sort of sense does that make?

Edited by Achibot, 21 July 2017 - 02:18 AM.

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21532 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAchibot, on 21 July 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

17,959 games and I haven't even suspected my damage to be mis-reported.

In your example above someone hit the tank shortly before you did doing 300 damage, you ammo-racked it for the remaining 600 for 900 total. This is overwhelmingly likely to be what happened and I would 100% need a replay before I would even debate it further. I honestly don't know why you would ask a question and then pretend like you know the answer is wrong. What sort of sense does that make?

Because the game is obviously cheaitng him out of damage.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29251 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 21 July 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

Because the game is obviously cheaitng him out of damage.

Seems the rigging goes deeper than we first thought. Not only does WG rig your game to decide how much damage your shots do but they also rig it to decide who gets credit for your damaging shots. /s

Tidal_Force #9 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

no you do not understand . i was the only player to hit him if you look at the damage caused next time you play you will see what i mean. over the top of the tank an amount comes up for the damage caused by the shot and in the centre and below is the amount you actually get. i have been looking through my replays and found 1 when playing arty , it was on mines attacking from bottom no other player could have got a shot on the tank i destroyed and i ammo racked him taking him out in 1 shot it reported 900 dmg but i got 600. watch the next time you play you will see this i have pnly noticed this from 3 updates ago

No. YOU don't understand. They already told you twice.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

No I've not noticed it. As with the damage taken indicator, they stack over a short time. Showing total damage taken/given recently. Not what you do or take right there and then. If you keep firing on an enemy tank, the tally shown above it is the total you have done, or he has taken the last few shots if they are within a short time of each other. Just like when you take hits, it won't show how much damage you did take, but how much he has done to you in the last few shots from the same tank.... Keep watch next time you play, you might notice the numbers adding up. Not showing wrong. It's been like that for the last few patches. So on your examples... some one, or you have hit him recently, or when you did. Thus it says 900 above him. Because some one hit him for 300 at the same time, or a few seconds before you. As again... the numbers above stack.. to show total damage taken recently. Not what you did on your one shot.

They did that since as you pointed out. You can see your total damage on your single shot dead center, and on the damage panel. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 July 2017 - 03:22 AM.

_snowfIake__ #11 Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26606 battles
And the "WoT Player of the Day" award goes to... stetesla! :medal:

DracheimFlug #12 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

I have noticed this, but put it down to damage from crits not counting (since the most obvious time I have seen it is after hitting an enemy ammo rack), although perhaps damage allocated to modules generally doesn't count? But often, when I hit a tank, the indicator will show one amount of damage but the record of damage done shows a lesser amount.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy to exist. It could also be a display error on the initial hit. And yes it is also possible someone else hit at the exact same time and it added their damage to mine on the indicator as if it was all one shot, however I would still call that a display error.

Spurtung #13 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63853 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind the fact that the damage you cause in battle is not entirely entered into the damage indicator? i have noticed when you hit an enemy tank the damage displayed on the screen over the tank does not match what is registered and would like to know why? anyone out there crear this up for me or is it a glitch? thanks

Because they display the combined damage you caused to or was caused by, a certain tank, in consecutive shots.

Eaglax #14 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles
how about a replay?

ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

No. You were not.

Which tank were you fighting in?

malachi6 #16 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49938 battles
Don't use the damage of the target marker.  Use your damage panel bottom left. damage stacks on the over target marker.  

Raffy5 #17 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

As other have said it, damage stacks up for a while.

If a guy gets hit in a short amount of time by 4 enemy tanks the value on top of him will be the sum of all damage those 4 guys did.

No1 is stealing your damage.

Dropman12 #18 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33802 battles

View Poststetesla, on 21 July 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

Question is how can you be so sure that you were only one to hit him. Its actually hard to find.

But generaly: If you were only one in team vs only one enemy, you hit him for 500 and game shows only 400 than its not possible. What you described looks very much like damage stacking, described by others.

If it happens alot to you, easiest you can do is post replay. In 99% cases it is players misunderstanding of game mechanics, not bug. Replay would show what really happened.

Phobos4321 #19 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

at least the tin foil fans are creative

right the game is bugged, thought just for you

and it cheats you off your merrits

and of course everyone not agreeing with you is a non understanding dimwit ...

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostEaglax, on 21 July 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

how about a replay?

http://wotreplays.co...lug-m24_chaffee

Seems to be a lag issue.

Second shot after I engage the O-I exp (around 12:50 is when I first engage the O-I exp), after the Hellcat has fired and done its damage. First shot damage registered normal, 108 damage to the O-I and 108 damage into the total damage done. Second shot though showed as hitting for approx 339 (indicator over the O-I), but the damage from the shot on the secondary indicator over my tank showed 219 (total damage done also shows 219). 

But when I slow it down to half speed, my second shot shows as only 111 damage for both the first two indicators, which is consistent with the total damage done. So due to lag, the target damage indicator seems to have shown the Hellcat's damage twice, individually as its own shot, then added it again to my shot. Then on the secondary indicator, it showed my total damage done including my earlier shot instead of the damage just for that shot (whereas slowed down, it showed the correct actual damage from that shot).

Significant display bug.

By the way this battle also shows the kind of lag I occasionally face. At full speed you can see that there is skipping. Makes it significantly harder to play. 

Edit: What I really don't understand is the mob screaming 'tinfoil' when the solution seems only clear on a slowed down replay. And keep in mind that it was doubling up on my own damage in my reply, too. Not just adding the Hellcat's.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 21 July 2017 - 09:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users