Jump to content


Wrecks of tanks Do Not absorb HE shells

HE splash wrecks

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Uebergewicht #1 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,035
  • [ATD] ATD
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015

Hello there,

 

Just a short fact I´ve discovered and which I´d like to share with you. I have, by now, from a few sources heard the statement that, when an explosive shell hits the wreck of a tank, the shell is completely absorbed - most importantly Quickybaby has just again claimed this to be the case in his latest video (10:32).

 

However I have noticed a few times that I witnessed what seemed like HE shells hitting a wreck and still doing splash damage to nearby tanks, but was never quite sure. Today I managed to save a replay from such a situation and I´m pretty sure it debunks this statement.

In this replay, at about 11:10 you can see the shell I fired hitting the wreck of a tank - and even making the distinctive "pling" sound - yet the M103 right next to it still receives (minor) splash damage. I don´t have free cam, so I am not 100% sure, but feel free to check for yourselves.

 

I don´t know wheter the statement "wrecks absorb HE" has always been false or if it was changed recently... introduction of physics or artillery rework are likely candidates which could have caused such a change. However I just want you eager players to know that next time when you´re low HP and hiding behind a wreck, arty can still splash you through it.

 

 


Edited by Uebergewicht, 21 July 2017 - 01:47 PM.


Cobra6 #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,550
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

You don't receive damage through the wreck, no.

 

However, if you are next to it on the side where the shell hits, you do receive splash damage afaik.

 

Cobra 6



HellHound_Bearer_OFDeath #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24392 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    11-15-2013
I have never experienced problems with wrecks not absorbing he.  I do not think it is a major problem to the game that affects gameplay.

Uebergewicht #4 Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,035
  • [ATD] ATD
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015
I dont say it´s a major problem. I´m just saying it´s another neat little trick you should know about (or, know that it doesnt work like that anymore).

AIph #5 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 52240 battles
  • 39
  • [BMBLE] BMBLE
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

once the replay is processed you can watch the video of it here...

 

https://wotrepmachin...replay/3717829/


Edited by Alph_45, 21 July 2017 - 08:54 PM.


ClassicFrog #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 44194 battles
  • 2,981
  • Member since:
    04-05-2012
It's been like that for what, 3 years?

Balc0ra #7 Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,457
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostUebergewicht, on 21 July 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I dont say it´s a major problem. I´m just saying it´s another neat little trick you should know about (or, know that it doesnt work like that anymore).

 

HE shells can damage you behind wrecks... if the splash radius is big enough. But since the arty balance, some of them got a way bigger splash to compensate for the damage and pen loss. So it's more noticeable. As before most would only damage your tracks if they hit a wreck you stood behind.

theSwedishTankDriver #8 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23621 battles
  • 950
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013

View PostUebergewicht, on 21 July 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hello there,

 

Just a short fact I´ve discovered and which I´d like to share with you. I have, by now, from a few sources heard the statement that, when an explosive shell hits the wreck of a tank, the shell is completely absorbed - most importantly Quickybaby has just again claimed this to be the case in his latest video (10:32).

 

However I have noticed a few times that I witnessed what seemed like HE shells hitting a wreck and still doing splash damage to nearby tanks, but was never quite sure. Today I managed to save a replay from such a situation and I´m pretty sure it debunks this statement.

In this replay, at about 11:10 you can see the shell I fired hitting the wreck of a tank - and even making the distinctive "pling" sound - yet the M103 right next to it still receives (minor) splash damage. I don´t have free cam, so I am not 100% sure, but feel free to check for yourselves.

 

I don´t know wheter the statement "wrecks absorb HE" has always been false or if it was changed recently... introduction of physics or artillery rework are likely candidates which could have caused such a change. However I just want you eager players to know that next time when you´re low HP and hiding behind a wreck, arty can still splash you through it.

 

 

 

The shot in the video clearly didn't hit the wreck, as our beloved QB clarifies.

gpalsson #9 Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 22134 battles
  • 8,117
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View PostAlph_45, on 21 July 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

once the replay is processed you can watch the video of it here...

 

https://wotrepmachin...replay/3717829/

 

I like it when OP hits his own HT in the back.

Arty doing what arty does.



Uebergewicht #10 Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,035
  • [ATD] ATD
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015

View Postgpalsson, on 22 July 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

 

I like it when OP hits his own HT in the back.

Arty doing what arty does.

 

Yup that was shitty aim by me combined with a heavy tank rushing forward in a suicidal manner. Still, feel free to blame me for that one.

 

 

What I was going to say, for some reason the replay ended up on youtube. Here´s the link to the scene where I hit the wreck and still do splash damage.

Spoiler

 

 

And this statement was the reason for me to make this thread in the first place.

Spoiler

 


Edited by Uebergewicht, 22 July 2017 - 06:34 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users