jerk report moderater fine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PositiveWaves #1 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2630 battles
  • [FUNSD] FUNSD

(I originally posted this in the wrong forum - I hope the devs will read this and respond)

WoT is just too toxic for me to play anymore and I found I was becoming like the rest so I uninstalled (like many others) but I would really like to be able to play.
Your automated reporting system does not work at all. The jerks make the good players get punished by provoking them into shooting. Some clans are famous for just being assholes and ruining games just for fun. They are running wild and WoT is becoming famous for this. SOMETHING needs to be done.
Here's an idea: add a paid moderated reporting service:

Make it so you can report someone for 500 gold, and moderators check it out. If they see no case, end of story, but if he broke the rules, you get back your 500 gold, and the jerk gets banned until he pays real money for the moderators' time: £10 fine. If he pays, the victim gets 300 gold. Add the new options in the terms and conditions of the next update. This way, Wargaming make money out of jerks, and people don't uninstall like I did because the game is so painful.

Responses to original forum topic feedback:
@Cobra6 "So players who play for free will never be able to report": you don't have to use the moderated service if you don't want to - stick to the free reporting. If you'd like a report response, buy 500 gold just once, then you can report to the moderators for ever.
@BalcOra "people would spend gold on that?": it's returned to you, and usually with profit.
@BalcOra "sure way to kill the population": of play-for-free only jerks who give WG nothing anyway: people who have invested will find the £10 worthwhile
@BalcOra "the "victim" gets 300 gold? Yeah that won't be abused": you can't abuse it - £10 spend for the 300 gold...
@Homer_J "500 Gold ... won't pay for much of an investigation": read again. £10 pays for the investigation. 1 moderator reviewing 6 battles per hour (5 min viewing of offence section), if just 33% pay £10 that covers the cost. The 500 gold is to stop frivolous reports.
@malachi6 "that would be called extortion": This new term does not break the current terms and conditions: break the rules, get banned. This new term is an option of spending £10 to unban.
@_EXODUZ_ "you need to keep the fun side going": nice one :) - the fun side went down with the jerks. I uninstalled WoT and now I've got my fun back.
@Real_Rommel "game checks the mod folder": I'm talking about jerk behaviour.
@wEight_Tanker "WG is greedy enough so not needed": you have it exactly back to front - WG need to make money, that's why it IS needed. This idea gives WG profit and a nicer game for us.
@DracheimFlug "someone steals or borrows an account and goes on a reporting spree with the gold": with malicious motives they can spend the gold a 100 different ways. If your point is the reports will flood the moderators, just limit the number of reports one person can do to a reasonable amount (if 500 gold per report doesn't limit enough already)

An added idea: the rule-breaker can buy 25% chunks of the fine, ie £2.50, to play immediately for 31 days per chunk, until he has bought back the whole fine. If another offence is commited while the fine is being bought, he is banned on top of that and now can buy both fines back to play for 31 days from date of payment, until the whole fine is bought:
.........xBANxxx£2.50....31.days.......xxx£2.50.......31 days..........xxxx£5.00 paid up
                                                                     +   xBANxxx£2.50..........31 days.......£5.00......62 days......£2.50 paid up
= ......XXXXXX.................................XXX..............XXXXXXX.........XXXX...........................................................................

Or another way: the rule-breaker must play premium account for a spend of over £10 in order to be able to play while under fine, until the player has spent over £10 on the premium account. If they get banned again duiring this time, they remain banned until an additonal £10 has been paid, then resume paying premium on the first fine.

Another idea by Claus Kellerman is if someone gets a high frequency of reports against them, colour them for a month and do not punish other players for team damage on them.

Please do something. It's a great game, become spoilt.

Spartan_93 #2 Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22937 battles
  • [-IDC-] -IDC-
You know, you can turn off toxic by turn off chat?

G01ngToxicCommand0 #3 Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36755 battles

View PostSpartan_93, on 22 July 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

You know, you can turn off toxic by turn off chat?

You can turn of toxic players blocking you, pushing you out from bushes and shooting you exactly 2 times? - nice.

PositiveWaves #4 Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2630 battles
  • [FUNSD] FUNSD
It's not just chat! It's shoving into the open to get me spotted, or over cliffs to crash, or into water to drown, or upside-down to burn out... it's shooting my track at a bad time... it's obstructing my path or blocking my shots all game... it's whatever the hell goives them their kicks, and believe me I'm a polite and friendly player - or at least I used to be, until someone starts doing this to me.
But on your point anyway, I tried turning off chat in my ELC. I got team killed on two occasions within about 20 games for not obeying orders I never heard (but they clicked on the map where they wanted me to go, you see). So I gave that up too.
Hey, since the game is stuffed and WG don't care to fix it I'm thinking of coming back purely to playing anti-jerk police. Might be fun. Stuff the stats, stuff the jerks, stuff the bans, let's go to war on jerks. Worth it? Maybe. Satisfying? Definitely. Thinking...

Edited by PositiveWaves, 24 July 2017 - 09:39 PM.

Bleep_You #5 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 109 battles

It's adorable that you think this is a good idea.  They can just make a new acct and be done with it.  If their intent is to just troll people, then it's useless.  The way to stop this is to either stop paying WG for premium time or premium tanks, or stop playing altogether.  That way, when the money stops coming in, WG will be forced to find out why and you'll have your opportunity to tell them.  Simple enough.

As the old adage goes,  "Money talks...."

Edited by Bleep_You, 30 July 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9515 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I cant see how this would work tbh

As with any other paid snitch lines they tend to attract people who go for the shotgun approach and report everyone they can for anything that "might" be construed for an infraction hoping that a percentage will pay off

They also attract the same kind of people who are attracted to false insurance claims who WILL try to find ways to "create" a situation that might have a chance of looking convincing

At the same time however, considering the quite immense profits WG makes I really don't think its unreasonable for ACTUAL moderation of complaints when contested IF that doesn't already happen, but so far I have only been fobbed off with the "its an automated system" when its been an incorrect penalty, perhaps, and I do realise free players might whinge about this, paying customers, those who have premium time or premium tanks should have an avenue for an actual person to look at such things as their wages obviously cost money. But extending the same thing to free players isn't really viable I don't think when you consider more people play for free than pay to play so it would be more of a "premium service" (pun intended)

PositiveWaves #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2630 battles
  • [FUNSD] FUNSD
@Bleep_You "They can just make a new acct" You are condescending and wrong. If you have create anew account and buy a new premium tank every time you play like a jerk, it's gonna cost you too much, both in time and money.
@Mike_Mckay "report everyone they can for anything" at 500 gold a time, that's a profit to Wargaming

Edited by PositiveWaves, 02 October 2017 - 06:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users