Jump to content


At last Best Porsсhe Vehicles Chosen!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

HoboErectus #41 Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 23569 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    10-20-2010

View Posttristan07, on 05 November 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

Gogoashe +1.

And they put incorrect drawing to 3rd place - VK4991(P) from 2nd prize instead of Typ1012k. Where is drawing of Typ1012k?
They even didn't manage to make correct post?

WG -1.

Here is the pic. It is there in the first post but a bit messed up.
Spoiler                     


Frenzier #42 Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 62448 battles
  • 1,017
  • [GOP] GOP
  • Member since:
    06-30-2010
Gogoashe´s design its interesting but.... its says it weights 98 tons??? looool? it uses a modified Maus turret wich weights 58 tons that leaves not even 40 tons for the chassis????????? So its a tank physicaly impossible with that armour, not to mention it simply has way too mutch armour would be slower than maus, and since he goes into so mutch detail im sure wg specialists must have found other details that make it physicaly impossible. Im not saying it would not have been the one i would have chosen for winner, but still its just a good looking modified tank, thats it, +1 for the artist skills.

Gogoashe #43 Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21340 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostFrenzier, on 05 November 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Gogoashe´s design its interesting but.... its says it weights 98 tons??? looool? it uses a modified Maus turret wich weights 58 tons that leaves not even 40 tons for the chassis????????? So its a tank physicaly impossible with that armour, not to mention it simply has way too mutch armour would be slower than maus, and since he goes into so mutch detail im sure wg specialists must have found other details that make it physicaly impossible. Im not saying it would not have been the one i would have chosen for winner, but still its just a good looking modified tank, thats it, +1 for the artist skills.

Its smaller... in volume... than Maus... better armor... but less volume...

Chech this ENTRY and watch for differences in volume... its still a concept... it may wheigh in much more. It is overrated... thats the beauty of it... its ”a dream tank” :D - thats what they asked for... interpreted by me... :P

deltalab #44 Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8999 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    10-01-2011
Regarding the Ares I (VK7501 Ausf. A), a mighty great and well-bred tank, I would like to address a few words - in part to offer closure to it's mighty designer - and in part to continue my ongoing duty to serve perspective wherever I may lay my fingers. What I would like to show you is a directive written on 1947 VI 2 in Moscow, Top Secret. What follows is a translation (by me) of the articles 41 and 42 of the directive,

Special Directive for the Implanting of Communism in the KGB Empire

Moscow, 2. 6. 1974
Top Secret

41. The rehabilitation of those sentenced in political trials must be prevented. If this rehabilitation becomes unavoidable, it will proceed only with the condition that the case be declared an error of the jury; the case will not be judged again and the jury will not be invoked again.

42. The leaders, put into position by the Party, who during their activity have provoked losses or dissatisfaction to their subordinates, should not be called to the court of law. In drastic cases they will be withdrawn from function and named in a similar - or higher - position. In the end they must be put in leadership positions and kept on evidence for any further need of subsequent change.


So you see, it was an error of the jury and they can't do anything even if they wanted to... and the Vk2848 (P) and turret-permutations are worthy examples to be followed, reflecting the true nature and attitude of the Porsche design (and German people).

Ok, this may be funny, or less so... The truly sad thing is that almost half of Europe suffered this, "live," for half a century...

:Smile_honoring:

Shootingstarr #45 Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30814 battles
  • 1,093
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostGogoashe, on 05 November 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Its smaller... in volume... than Maus... better armor... but less volume...
actually no
the dimensions are pretty much the same :P

even though you said that the tank would be smaller in describtion here are the figures

maus dimensions:
length 10,09 m
width 3,67 m
Height 3,80 m

ares dimensions:
length 10,2 m
width 4,85 m
Height 3,35 m

ares is actually quite a bit larger than maus, so I can understand the judges having difficulties with the weight of only 100 tons... given it's armour is even thicker than of maus

BlakesBully #46 Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5904 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011
Next time the forum-community chooses winners.

Why?

- more expertise
- more passion
- and FASTER!

WG, this was a real fail!

Congrats to all winners nontheless, it´s not your fault.

TigerTr #47 Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 28807 battles
  • 760
  • [MUZ] MUZ
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View PostGogoashe, on 04 November 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Wow... I have to say I am really dissapointed in the results.

I read on the site ”Lots of players have taken part in the competition, sending their ideas  and drafts to Wargaming.net specialists. Unfortunately, many of them  couldn't get to the top due to several reasons: some of them had no  Porsche patterns, others lacked realism and could never be produced  because of breaking the laws of physics, and the rest of them just  didn't meet the requirements of the contest; but each submitted work  that we have received was a real piece of art, regardless any its  drawbacks.” - its a DESIGN - a concept. The way the contest was formulated is faulty!

These are the questions you’ll need to answer when designing an ideal  tank of your own. The only limit for your imagination is the vehicle you  will design should use technologies available no later than December of  1945, contain design and/or details classical for Porsche and able to  be either mass-produced or produced for certain purposes in limited  quantity.” I know I didnt make the most realistic tank - but its a design (the concept of design) and not a tested machine.

I participated with this PROJECT and not even a mention of applause? I dont want to be rude but prize nr.7 & 8?!?!? Really?!?!?

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED!
+1 for you
this is really bad ass concept. I dont understand why wg did this decisioun.... disapointet too... by the way whic program you use for design this beauty?

Brabarto #48 Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5068 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011
It's so funny how WG works. They wont even explain themselves when people ask why theirs didnt get to the cut. I understand that you don't send everyone an email back like: this and this is a flaw.

But the people responding here, especially Gogoashe with an awesome design should get an explanation why he didnt get first place, or wasnt even mentioned at all.


So first WG takes AGES to answer. Then MY design gets taken into american contest (WTF). And THEN the best designs dont make it.
WG staff, i understand it's about taste of tanks/design etc. But this is just plain stupid. I can't even find logics behind it. We still don't know why some tanks were put into the american contest, and what happened.

Please explain yourself or loose alot of dedicated players :P

leorin #49 Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 32751 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    08-30-2011

View PostGogoashe, on 04 November 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:


I participated with this PROJECT and not even a mention of applause? I dont want to be rude but prize nr.7 & 8?!?!? Really?!?!?

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Thats why Russians are not called "Panzers". They prefer E.T things ;)

Arx205 #50 Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10053 battles
  • 591
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I wonder why all of the "winning" projects are computer-made. I'm sure many of the participating people sent handmade drafts (me for ex.) I don't think mine was perfect, but I'm pretty sure, that there were some better than mine and simmilar in form. Is that discrimination?

Black_Panzer #51 Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3790 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

View PostGogoashe, on 04 November 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Wow... I have to say I am really dissapointed in the results.

I read on the site ”Lots of players have taken part in the competition, sending their ideas  and drafts to Wargaming.net specialists. Unfortunately, many of them  couldn't get to the top due to several reasons: some of them had no  Porsche patterns, others lacked realism and could never be produced  because of breaking the laws of physics, and the rest of them just  didn't meet the requirements of the contest; but each submitted work  that we have received was a real piece of art, regardless any its  drawbacks.” - its a DESIGN - a concept. The way the contest was formulated is faulty!

These are the questions you’ll need to answer when designing an ideal  tank of your own. The only limit for your imagination is the vehicle you  will design should use technologies available no later than December of  1945, contain design and/or details classical for Porsche and able to  be either mass-produced or produced for certain purposes in limited  quantity.” I know I didnt make the most realistic tank - but its a design (the concept of design) and not a tested machine.

I participated with this PROJECT and not even a mention of applause? I dont want to be rude but prize nr.7 & 8?!?!? Really?!?!?

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED!
your project is wonderful! :o
that's what i would like to see in the game...

No need to use profane abbreviations.
Lia


dosasas #52 Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1226 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011
<removed> register and reach LVL 5 and you get premium acc for 7 days!

Off-topic spamming of advertisements for other games is a violation of the forum rules.
Naeron66


Kenzu01 #53 Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 14333 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    10-16-2010
I must say I am dissapointed as well.

WG what is upp with Vk2848 (P) getting mentioned at all?

If time was a limiting factor, how about admitting it and giving everybody who made a worthwhile (story, technical data, picture) entry an equal share of gold? Eveybody would understand and be happy.

How about we all post and show our work and then we can have a poll to see who we would choose as a winner?


Btw. This one was the only competition so far that has interested me. Me and my friends put some real time and effort into it (my entry was some 7 pages long), it was great fun.

Jager123 #54 Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 384 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View PostBlakesBully, on 05 November 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

Next time the forum-community chooses winners.

Why?

- more expertise
- more passion
- and FASTER!

WG, this was a real fail!

Congrats to all winners nontheless, it´s not your fault.

I agree and wy state the winner is unknown, it just incurred false spam to get the 15,000gold
I think they should choose another winner if he didn't bring important information!

FrankK2 #55 Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Veteran
  • 9893 battles
  • 330
  • [-LUP-] -LUP-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
WG style once again. The people whom chose the winners are total failers.

Bad job WG!




Awesome work Gogoashe!

mcmillis #56 Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 92897 battles
  • 272
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-12-2011
[quote name='Gogoashe' timestamp='1320437464' post='1035611']
Wow... I have to say I am really dissapointed in the results.

awesome work...u was not ranked, because your work is absolutelly out of their league.... :-)

btw...why everybody works on heaviest beasts??? why u didnt try also panther 3 more like MBT, respectivelly more realistic model in post war german engineering...

maniaXXL #57 Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 130099 battles
  • 188
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostGogoashe, on 04 November 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Wow... I have to say I am really dissapointed in the results.

I read on the site ”Lots of players have taken part in the competition, sending their ideas  and drafts to Wargaming.net specialists. Unfortunately, many of them  couldn't get to the top due to several reasons: some of them had no  Porsche patterns, others lacked realism and could never be produced  because of breaking the laws of physics, and the rest of them just  didn't meet the requirements of the contest; but each submitted work  that we have received was a real piece of art, regardless any its  drawbacks.” - its a DESIGN - a concept. The way the contest was formulated is faulty!

These are the questions you’ll need to answer when designing an ideal  tank of your own. The only limit for your imagination is the vehicle you  will design should use technologies available no later than December of  1945, contain design and/or details classical for Porsche and able to  be either mass-produced or produced for certain purposes in limited  quantity.” I know I didnt make the most realistic tank - but its a design (the concept of design) and not a tested machine.

I participated with this PROJECT and not even a mention of applause? I dont want to be rude but prize nr.7 & 8?!?!? Really?!?!?

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED!
+1 from me .... somebody has to be high when choose places ... this one is the best ....definitely ...no competition ... just another league  :Smile_great:

Gogoashe #58 Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21340 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostmaniaXXL, on 05 November 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

+1 from me .... somebody has to be high when choose places ... this one is the best ....definitely ...no competition ... just another league  :Smile_great:


THX for support guys...

Jopj #59 Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28287 battles
  • 244
  • [RSOP] RSOP
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
So the contest results have come in. The VK4502-C is my work, and damn, I'm surprised it won! That Ares is absolutely beautiful, much more so than my little VK. The only thing I can think of that it had over the Ares were the specs, they were much more down to earth. I got a bit carried away when thinking about the VK, and I actually even went to the trouble of checking how the guns would fit to the turret, and had to add that rear turret door for the dudes to get to their posts, as the turret was pretty cluttered by the armament..

Perhaps someone over at armchair generals just threw the Ares out after coming to some quick conclusions about it being equipped with helium filled barrage balloons to keep the apparent weight down  :Smile-hiding: . Even if that kind of stuff disqualified it, there at least should have been an mention. Well, I guess I wont complain.. ;)

Oh, and I know that it resembles the VK4502 Ausf.A way too much, that dawned on me pretty late as I was putting the model together. I didn't mean it to be quite that similar. Well, it's supposed to be in the same series, so perhaps I can justify that anyways! :rolleyes:

Brazilski #60 Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7189 battles
  • 1,116
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmcmillis, on 05 November 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

btw...why everybody works on heaviest beasts??? why u didnt try also panther 3 more like MBT, respectivelly more realistic model in post war german engineering...

I can awnser that: it had to be a Porsche designs, and one of the most characteristic features of known Porsche designs was that they were excessively large. The lightest Porsche in the current tech tree is the VK3001(P) and in size it is even larger than the Tiger(P), which is already a beast compared to other tanks. It may be contradicting to the direction tank development was taking and has headed post-war, but Porsche seemed to ignore "realism" by definition. Porsche made mad/genius advances in tank technology, not in tactical tank doctrine. He designed bigger and bigger tanks with ever more exotic technology. This is probably also why few if any of his designs passed the prototype stage. Even by the notoriously over-engineering Germans, his designs were generally considered too advanced.

Personally if the goal was to design a German tank, I might have designed a medium or a light, but not for a Porsche.

View PostJopj, on 05 November 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

I got a bit carried away when thinking about the VK, and I actually even went to the trouble of checking how the guns would fit to the turret, and had to add that rear turret door for the dudes to get to their posts, as the turret was pretty cluttered by the armament.

This is probably it. The thing is with past contests, when there were 'serious requirements' for submissions, the eventual winning entries turned out just some random ones which the jury liked with complete disregard to the contests' guidelines. Nothing wrong with that if you want my opinion, but it became what was expected. So with this contest, I guess most people did provide some arguments to support their dessigns, but didn't go all overboard like you did, figuring putting their time in a more fancy yet less practical design would make more sense. If WG then suddenly decides to go all serious, that works in your favour. In principal there is nothing wrong with that either, but it does make these contests completely random, as the contestants are nevere really sure on what terms their entries will be judged, and randomness is a shame for people that can put quit a significant amount of time in an entry.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users