The new age tier 8 premiums infuriate me.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Dammonar #1 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles
Fighting them in randoms is fine.. most of the times  however they have made tier 8 stronghold unrecognizable they have really done it and destroyed my favorite part of the game. I see no way of fixing this unless they buffed normal tier 8s hard.. Sloppy work WG  

xx984 #2 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50828 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Another one of these threads :3

Dammonar #3 Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles

View Postxx984, on 23 July 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Another one of these threads :3

Im back in wot after a very long break, If you dont find my posts interesting dont waste your time to reply.

_EXODUZ_ #4 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDammonar, on 23 July 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Im back in wot after a very long break, If you dont find my posts interesting dont waste your time to reply.

Dude, cause it sounds like a whine thread... hard to believe you can't fight Defenders in your IS3. Tier 8 SH's are worse now, no crap. But it's not that bad.

Coldspell #5 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18583 battles

He kind of has a point and its not just tier 8.

Tier V- the LEFH is just ridiculously OP the dam TD arty hybrid that can go over max view range in a tier 5 arty..... using coated optics.

Tier VI- the Type 64 nuff said... 

Tier VII- E25, Type 62, AMX 13 57F no non premium tank can stack up to these tier for tier....... hell even the Panther M/10.... IS2 (prem) bury a fair amount of non prem counterparts.

Tier VIII- Defender, Patriot, AMX chausser, Blackdog, Mutz, CDC etc. etc. etc...... Prem tanks are top in class for lights, meds and heavies.

Prem tanks have clearly gone from things that could be competitive too things that are dominating tier for tier.

Edited by Coldspell, 24 July 2017 - 02:15 AM.

Browarszky #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
While I don't think it's a good thing that premium tanks are superior to the same tier regular tanks, I never really understood the logic of them being weaker either.

Sir_Bad #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44035 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostBrowarszky, on 24 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

While I don't think it's a good thing that premium tanks are superior to the same tier regular tanks, I never really understood the logic of them being weaker either.

Even if they are only on par with normal tanks, it could still mean that someone could just buy into the game and can be as competitive tankwise, as someone that worked their way up the techtree. That is just bad design imho while even neglecting the fact, that the the new premiums are blatantly better than techtree tanks.

I liked the idea of the old premium tanks. The tank was better than stock tanks of that tier, but weaker than fully upgraded ones. So you had a trade-off between either having the strongest possible tank or earning some sweet extra credits. Now there is literally no reason to play an IS-3 over a Defender, if you are not grinding your way to the T-10.

Browarszky #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostSir_Bad, on 24 July 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Even if they are only on par with normal tanks, it could still mean that someone could just buy into the game and can be as competitive tankwise, as someone that worked their way up the techtree. That is just bad design imho while even neglecting the fact, that the the new premiums are blatantly better than techtree tanks.

I liked the idea of the old premium tanks. The tank was better than stock tanks of that tier, but weaker than fully upgraded ones. So you had a trade-off between either having the strongest possible tank or earning some sweet extra credits. Now there is literally no reason to play an IS-3 over a Defender, if you are not grinding your way to the T-10.

Well I understand your point since it will lead to players playing more and more on premium tanks and normal tanks like IS-3 becoming rarer and rarer. It's been suggested that we should have an option to turn regular tanks into premium tanks, and that solution would only work if they were on par with each other.

There would be an easy solution to keep new players from getting into high tier premiums by requiring them to be unlocked by reaching the equivalent tier/nation in game.... but that will never happen cause it would hurt WG sales...:hiding:

Cobra6 #9 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah the Defenders especially really screwed over skirmishes. But they are not the only problem though, the thing that also screwed over skirmishes in a major way is that failed "skill based matchmaking" that they still insists skirmishes need.

People play skirmishes to relax and unwind while still being able to play in a coordinated fashion. They don't play skirmishes to only have to take tryhard setups and basically play what amounts to clanwars without any of the rewards.

Cobra 6

Tinbawx #10 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14707 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

R.I.P. T8

12.04.2011 - 18.11.2016

+

Dammonar #11 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 24 July 2017 - 01:55 AM, said:

Dude, cause it sounds like a whine thread... hard to believe you can't fight Defenders in your IS3. Tier 8 SH's are worse now, no crap. But it's not that bad.

I can,  but do I want to? Hardly.. I have to.  And yes I've been playing company / skirmish /cw whatever since 2011 and  it has never been worse, even 2012 TD meta has been better than this joke. Worst of all there is nothing I can do to change it or avoid it and I am way too lazy to start a new game. I hope they buff regular tier 8s to bring them back from severe obsolescence (not VK). So all we can do is hope and wait..  btw I will not buy defender if its ever on sale.

_EXODUZ_ #12 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDammonar, on 24 July 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

I can,  but do I want to? Hardly.. I have to.  And yes I've been playing company / skirmish /cw whatever since 2011 and  it has never been worse, even 2012 TD meta has been better than this joke. Worst of all there is nothing I can do to change it or avoid it and I am way too lazy to start a new game. I hope they buff regular tier 8s to bring them back from severe obsolescence (not VK). So all we can do is hope and wait..  btw I will not buy defender if its ever on sale.

Well then that's your choice. I bet you still have a nice WR in SH's. I totally agree that it was much better before, you could make more credits, you could play CDC's and whatever you wanted, etc. It's just all these topics were discussed here plenty of times already, if you're curious on what people think it's just easier to use the search function.

What is it you're offering after all? Buff IS3's? Really? LUL

If not, what kind of Tier 8's you want to get buffed and how?

Your post is mostly emotional, I don't know what kind of discussion you want to get out of it.

imendars #13 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10939 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostColdspell, on 24 July 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

Tier V- the LEFH is just ridiculously OP the dam TD arty hybrid that can go over max view range in a tier 5 arty..... using coated optics.

Tier VII- E25, Type 62, AMX 13 57F no non premium tank can stack up to these tier for tier....... hell even the Panther M/10.... IS2 (prem) bury a fair amount of non prem counterparts.

Tier VIII- Defender, Patriot, AMX chausser, Blackdog, Mutz, CDC etc. etc. etc...... Prem tanks are top in class for lights, meds and heavies.

Prem tanks have clearly gone from things that could be competitive too things that are dominating tier for tier.

HEY, you forgot Scorpion G and Liberte. Its allways fun to run into Liberte that knows what he is doing in a right time (for example, rushing him would cost extremly, so you have to kill him frontally but he is sniping and moving so its impossible to hit cupola...)...

At start i hated Scorpion G, now i love that thing. such a good movement, superb snap shooting for a td and GOOOOD damage for tier 8 td (with no reload or accuracy penalty...).

Edited by imendars, 24 July 2017 - 11:44 AM.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostColdspell, on 24 July 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

Tier V- the LEFH is just ridiculously OP the dam TD arty hybrid that can go over max view range in a tier 5 arty..... using coated optics.   Panzer V/IV: Max viewrange, great DPM, effective armour and good mobility

You forgot my favourite Tier 5 tank :)

Cobra 6

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19620 battles

I think tier 8 premium are totally balanced. As proof I present HT-15 for T-55A done with honors... in T26E5.

http://wotreplays.co...ankkipoju-t26e5

Zodiac1960s #16 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
Good..  good.. Let the hate flow through you,

Dammonar #17 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 24 July 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well then that's your choice. I bet you still have a nice WR in SH's. I totally agree that it was much better before, you could make more credits, you could play CDC's and whatever you wanted, etc. It's just all these topics were discussed here plenty of times already, if you're curious on what people think it's just easier to use the search function.

What is it you're offering after all? Buff IS3's? Really? LUL

If not, what kind of Tier 8's you want to get buffed and how?

Your post is mostly emotional, I don't know what kind of discussion you want to get out of it.

I am proposing buffs according to statistics and popularity. Caernarvon NEEDS a massive buff, tier 8 TVP is a joke even among its peers king tiger is completely obsoleted by lowe and so on I could go on to wright a wall of text but that's not the point.. Yes IS3 is no pushover like caern but its not a terror like defender. I swear to god the only 3 tier 8s that pose a real  threat  when im playing my fully decked 907 with 6 skills food and ranked equipment are scorpions, defenders and sidescraping chryslers that shoot gold (as they should be) they all have 1 thing in common you gotta pay to get them.

Long story short WG cannot nerf those tanks that imo have really driven a wedge into the game for me, but it can be countered in 2 ways a conventional and an unconventional.

-Buff all normal tier 8s so they are competitive as they should be.

-Nerf the current tier 8s and drop em to tier 7 while introducing new tier 8s that are competitive.

The decision to stop the sales was not a solution, now players that have em have an unbelievable advantage that cannot be matched and imo is pay to win and not fair.

Browarszky #18 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostDammonar, on 24 July 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I am proposing buffs according to statistics and popularity. Caernarvon NEEDS a massive buff, tier 8 TVP is a joke even among its peers king tiger is completely obsoleted by lowe and so on I could go on to wright a wall of text but that's not the point.. Yes IS3 is no pushover like caern but its not a terror like defender. I swear to god the only 3 tier 8s that pose a real  threat  when im playing my fully decked 907 with 6 skills food and ranked equipment are scorpions, defenders and sidescraping chryslers that shoot gold (as they should be) they all have 1 thing in common you gotta pay to get them.

Long story short WG cannot nerf those tanks that imo have really driven a wedge into the game for me, but it can be countered in 2 ways a conventional and an unconventional.

-Buff all normal tier 8s so they are competitive as they should be.

-Nerf the current tier 8s and drop em to tier 7 while introducing new tier 8s that are competitive.

The decision to stop the sales was not a solution, now players that have em have an unbelievable advantage that cannot be matched and imo is pay to win and not fair.

Yeah, I want a Defender, too. :child: (Even if Cobra 6 disapproves, but don't tell him I said that) :hiding:

Edited by Browarszky, 24 July 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Tinbawx #19 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14707 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

View PostDammonar, on 24 July 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

I am proposing buffs according to statistics and popularity. .......tier 8 TVP is a joke even among its peers............

Are you insane?

TVP VTU is as good as Defender already.

qpranger #20 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTinbawx, on 24 July 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Are you insane?

TVP VTU is as good as Defender already.

It is even better actually, once you learn to play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users