Players taking advantage of bad terrain design.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

L0n3Gr3yW0lf #1 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41842 battles
  • [_BWR_] _BWR_

I have noticed lately that more and more players are taking advantage of bad terrain design on some maps to have an unfair advantage over other players. It happens most often with light tanks but some really fast and small TDs can do it as well (especially when they are boosted by other tanks).

Now I know that it's WG's fault for combining new physics and light tanks with unchecked and balanced map design, if it's an exploit that players can find then they will be used it, that is to be expected. When could we see a fix for this problems because it's becoming worse and worse to play on those maps and no amount of skill will save you if you don't have the right tank. Either bad accuracy or not enough gun elevation to counter that position, being outflanked or forced into the open to be shot by the flanker or the enemy team. It's becoming very frustrating and if light tanks in our team don't know how to go up there even one tank can dominate the entire match from such a position.

Achibot #2 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
Wargaming have said there will no more map changes until HD Rock graphics engine is complete. So, soon™.

Jimbodiah #3 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 9787 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF
Players using the terrain, and now you [edited]and moan about it? Please go play tetris.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostJimbodiah, on 24 July 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

Players using the terrain, and now you [edited]and moan about it? Please go play tetris.

I know your topic lacked clarification. But his was rather clear on what the issue was. But reading is hard I suspect.

As for OP... It's only a big annoying issue on one map. And I won't be forced out into the open if they want to sit up there. I've had a few games on Scared Valley where my team noticed a Swedish TD or two on their 0 line. And we fall back outside their render range so he can't help his team unless he goes down, and we go on them when their team is dead. But I've had matches where my team still rush into them 1 by 1. On other maps it's less annoying. And most spots have plenty of blind spots to get around, or to ignore them. Windstorm is one of them. As you only see a TD camping the south hill there be effective 1 out 10 games, as he can't see anything to help unless they cross the middle bridge. He can't hit the other two crossings.

Will WG fix it? Well thing is that they are fixing it.. but in the HD versions of the maps. But when those arrive? Who knows. As they are doing all the maps in one go.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27518 battles
Clearly the solution to this problem is to buff arty. Let's see them try it then!

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 24 July 2017 - 09:30 AM.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah the climbing is getting a bit more annoying lately. Legions of tomato's spend longer climbing than actually trying to win the match, it's pathetic.

Cobra 6

DurtiArry #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57204 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

Taking advantage?

Its available to everyone as a mod - here is the topic 

LaManche #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18984 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS
WG said that some terrain "advantages" were meant to be there, whereas some were not. If I recall correctly, they also added that the "unfair" positions will be fixed in the HD map patch.

Coldspell #9 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18708 battles

View PostLaManche, on 24 July 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

WG said that some terrain "advantages" were meant to be there, whereas some were not. If I recall correctly, they also added that the "unfair" positions will be fixed in the HD map patch.

Essentially they are to lazy to do anything about it and if by coincidence some of the positions disappear in a future update they can pretend like they planned it.

Mountain goating is annoying to play with or against, playing with they usually waste to much time climbing contribute nothing to the game and don't even bother to reset if it means they might get hit once.

Playing against they usually hide when they are the last tank left and just deny your team exp.

muppetgirl #10 Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16024 battles
  • [JOX] JOX
That's what arty are for. Just spot for them and let arty shift those dug in buggers. 

Cobra6 #11 Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLaManche, on 24 July 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Fixed in 2019 if we are lucky yes, that still leaves 2 years of people abusing broken map spots.

These things could all be fixed in one patch with some invisible walls/rocks added where they belong. But no, it's too much effort yet again for WG to actually fix what's wrong with their existing game rather than focussing on unimportant things like graphics.

Cobra 6

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62792 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 July 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

It's only a big annoying issue on one map. And I won't be forced out into the open if they want to sit up there. I've had a few games on Scared Valley where my team noticed a Swedish TD or two on their 0 line. And we fall back outside their render range so he can't help his team unless he goes down, and we go on them when their team is dead. But I've had matches where my team still rush into them 1 by 1. On other maps it's less annoying. And most spots have plenty of blind spots to get around, or to ignore them. Windstorm is one of them. As you only see a TD camping the south hill there be effective 1 out 10 games, as he can't see anything to help unless they cross the middle bridge. He can't hit the other two crossings.

Sacred Valley climb can be quite annoying to deal with but the map with the biggest issue as I see it is Fjords, as that offensive mid spot available for the western team can have such a great impact from the first minutes on.

- Arty safe

- Hull down with conselement and cover

- Fire lines at north, mid and south

It's a farmers delight, I tell you. 

Izma_CZ #13 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12258 battles

View Postmuppetgirl, on 24 July 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

That's what arty are for. Just spot for them and let arty shift those dug in buggers. 

Man ... can u tell me how to do u wanna spot for arty when u have NO arty from begining? I played Sacred valley just now, we pushed hvy line and bled, but finaly 4 tier 9 and 10 hvy tanks pushed through ... just to get raped at base by single T49 on the hill where noone couldnt elevate their guns. GJ from WG, i tell u that. Now ppl that start playing this map and have seen enemy light tanks (at northen base ofc), goin off coz they dont want to get raped by 1 light tank. They get them stronger guns, so 1 on 1, hvy vs light, hvy lose and to top those uber super strong guns, they add spots at map where hvy have absolutly zero chance to get there, or even aim there! Hey ... when WG nerfed arties with aim, reload and dmg and made them paper tank with medium tank dmg but long ranged, i said "well ok, i do less dmg, but still do" But now when they practicaly put GOD MODE (at certain maps) at light tanks,im saying HELL NO! Since now, im playing light tanks and arties only. Not gonna repeat "this" sacred valley with hvy tank or TD ever again.

BP_OMowe #14 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostJimbodiah, on 24 July 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

I think you under-estimate the skill needed for tetris...

StuffKnight #15 Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28856 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
Mountain Goating is cancerous; it rarely pays off and just means one team's playing with one vehicle fewer because they saw someone do it on a stream where it worked. Morons.

Edited by StuffKnight, 25 July 2017 - 04:08 PM.

Unkel_Dolan #16 Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25494 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
it was already a map breaking issue when they messed with physics around 2013, but I guess they forgot about it and didn't bother testing it at all once again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users