Are playing less and spending less than you used to? Say why here.

spending less playing less crap specials milking EU power creep dumbing down weak spots no discounts

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Clearways #1 Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40053 battles

So I find my interest in WoT waning, to the point where I don't even buy Premium Account any more. This should not be happening, and would not if it wasn't for the poor service we get on the EU server.

Last year, tired of seeing lines like "only existed in blueprints" in the wiki, I decided to make a collection of all the tanks in the game that actually existed irl. I had a frustrating wait for about a month before I could really start, but as soon as the garage slot discount came up again, I was away. I immediately bought 40 slots at half price as I knew I'd need them. My buying habits were dependant on the discounts we were getting, and WG EU was constantly discounting not only premium tanks, but also regular tanks, one weekend British meds, another weekend tier VIIs, etc. Crucially, there were also ALWAYS discounts on things like camo, crew retraining, equipment, consumables, so what I'd do is keep a list by my PC of the tanks that needed these things, and whenever those discounts came up I'd buy what I needed. I could not have increased my garage from 80 to 180 tanks without these discounts.

However, in about October things changed. The discounts were no longer automatic, so I was unable to keep expanding my garage. To begin with I wasn't too concerned, as I knew Christmas was coming, and sure enough things were good again throughout December, but since then? Despite buying fewer tanks than before my lists usually run to about a dozen tanks, whereas before they would usually run to about 4 or 5 before the relevant discount came up again and I could cross those tanks off my list. For example at this moment I have 13 tanks waiting for crews and 7 tanks waiting for camo, and there would be 3 more if I hadn't decided to use the 2500 free gold they let us have earlier this month (a plus for WG EU in my book) to train up crewmen at full price for once.

So this lack of discounts has seriously knocked my interest in the game. Add to that the poor state of higher tier games at the moment, with the reliance on gold ammo, the disappearance of weak spots, the heavy armour etc, and I am barely playing the game nowadays.

How about you? Are you more or less inclined to play under the current regime? Let us know below.

krismorgan #2 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32322 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
yep spending nothing(standard acc for 3 weeks now) and playing less games,the reasons are the obvious ones-mm/one sided games/stupid teams etc

SuperDuperOtter #3 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15097 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

Playing less and consenquently spending less because the tier I liked the most ( Tier 8) got trashed by stupid premium tanks both in Random Battles and SH (Patriot, Liberté, Defender, Chrysler K). And the current MM at Tier 8 in Random Battles is crap. The previous iteration with more all-same-tier battles was way better.

CoDiGGo #4 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14997 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
Playing less because one sided rigged games

Igor_BL #5 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39672 battles
  • [GX] GX

After i've done all personal missions, LT and MT even with honours, i dont have any goal to play random... if i play, then i farm credits, which is annoying as f.

First, tierX by default. Second - defender, patriot, crysler, liberte, skorpion...

Hammerhead20 #6 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

I'm actually never spent "real" money on this game.

Just some small Gold numbers with SMS payment system for demounting equipment...

And yeah, I remember those times when I was playing much more battles.

And now? Game is not fun anymore, grinding new tanks is boring and actually painful...

Thanks for "improved" Matchmaking and for all those broken updates by WG...

Junglist_ #7 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37168 battles

Barely playing anymore.

CW dead, SH killed with skilled MM and full prem setups, T8 and T10 killed with new MM, garbage super heavy corridor meta and platooning that also got killed with the new amazing MM.

Don't know maybe HD maps or if they'd introduce the 1st iteration of the frontline mod then that might make me play the game a bit more again

Edited by Junglist_, 24 July 2017 - 04:51 PM.

Joggaman #8 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24010 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm still a trusted donator. 

Playing as much as I can, as I always have. My wife keeps me on a short leach, so my interest in the game is still as great as when I started in 2011. Maybe I'm one of a kind, but I don't have much issues with the tiers I mostly play. 

mani_GGr #9 Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13947 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostJunglist_, on 24 July 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Barely playing anymore.

CW dead, SH killed with skilled MM and full prem setups, T8 and T10 killed with new MM, garbage super heavy corridor meta and platooning that also got killed with the new amazing MM.

Don't know maybe HD maps or if they'd introduce the 1st iteration of the frontline mod then that might make me play the game a bit more again

Tl;DR the game has become *Edited. WG know they have no competition atm so they keep ruining the game.

Edited by Nohe21, 25 July 2017 - 07:20 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Igor_BL #10 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39672 battles
  • [GX] GX
I never had problem being bottom tier... I played LT very much, and didnt mind +3 MM...

But now, it is always +2 with tier8... ofc, not always. sometimes, you are top tier... but you forget it really quickly, after 6-7games in tierX...

And farming credits with 183/200 pen in tierX is also so much fun!

CptBarney #11 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

im just bored with it too be honest, plus I want to play other games that I never get a chance to anyways. I play in bursts too be honest a few games here a few games there but nothing big, if events come a long I might increase my playtime but otherwise I don't bother.

I haven't spent money on this game for ages as well.

Bucifel #12 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31013 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

never paid and due to WG behavior i never will !

playing less because WG again...ruining all what was fine and didnt repair what was broken and still is.

Gold ammo, stupid OP premium tanks wich ruin MM and balance in consequence, removing weakpoints (increasing goldspam), ruining rewards (CW, Tournaments..etc) and simply ignoring comunity.

1ncompetenc3 #13 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles

Recently I've actually been playing more than I have for quite some time, but that's mostly because I'm doing MM experiments, which aren't a whole lot of fun so I'm trying to power through as quickly as I can.

That said, it's not unusual to play a game less over time than you did when you just found out about it. Things that are new and exciting are better at grabbing and holding our attention, and that doesn't just apply to vidya gaems.

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51287 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Playing tanks less because playing ships more.  Premium is premium.

Enforcer1975 #15 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
On a break and therefore not spending a cent because of the unbalanced state of the game. I might drop by to test the next patch and maybe even play a bit if i find it playable enougj but not going to spend a cent until they get over it and balance the tanks regardless if they are premium of not.

lord_chipmonk #16 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Playing about the same and spending about the same as ever. 

Element6 #17 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I play and spend less at the moment, but only because it's summer since I spend more time outdoors.

JuliusCheddar #18 Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29804 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
Most people do since WG shot it's knee swallowed a hand grenade in form of new improved matchmaking. 

CaptainThunderWalker #19 Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18937 battles

Actually, why are people whining so much about the MM?

Low to mid tiers became so much more playable. Sure 3-man platoons are never top tier anymore in +2/-2 matches, but rightfully so (imagine 3× Defender...).

I feel the MM has been a major improvement and I think Wargaming did a good job on both the MM and Arty.

However, the combination of recent OP Premium tanks, the gold spam reliance and the maps are grating on my nerves and as a result I am playing much less than I used to, and this means Wargaming is not receiving any money from me anymore either. Also, since most of the issues I have with World of Tanks are much more prevalent in the higher tiers (more OP premium tanks / premium ammo required, and the maps don't feel as small on the lower tiers), I put the grinding towards Tier IX and X practically on hold. Outside of the T67, Tier IV-VI are very playable right now, even moreso once the Marathon craze dies down, and Tier II-III is a lot of fun in its own right.

Strangely, the fact that I play less does make me enjoy the game more when I actually do play, so I suppose it's a good thing :) .

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 24 July 2017 - 06:11 PM.

ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Spend nothing right now, and play less aswell. Only really play if a toon mate is online.

Simply due to:
New T8 premium tanks which are better then regular T8 tanks.
New matchmaker which just reduces Top tiered and mid tiered battles.
Unbalanced T10 (Maus, Type 5, objects 907).

And arty is still annoying if there are 2 or more of them. Not really think new arty is better then old one by any significant margin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users