Jump to content


Do we have an official statement from WG for the t8 issue?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Emeraldweed #1 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

^ title 

 

* attempts to scribe runes in the ground to summon an official statement or link * 

 

 

PS: i know there was a thread asking the same question but i cant find it :< 



Toni112007 #2 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9876 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
No. And there will prolly never be one.

Edited by Toni112007, 26 July 2017 - 07:39 AM.


Emeraldweed #3 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

My issue in a nutshell

 

 Posted Image

 

time to call it quits?


Edited by Emeraldweed, 26 July 2017 - 07:47 AM.


Junglist_ #4 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37168 battles
  • 1,351
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

It is from a month ago but that's all I could find

Gepard_PH, on 27 June 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

We are monitoring how matchmaker works very closely and actually it is nothing like what you described. I just checked in what battle levels Tier 8 tanks end up and all across the board it's 30ish % for each: T8 (so on top), T9 (so mid-tier) and T10 (so as bottom tier).

 

One-tier battles are not bad, but they are not as interesting from gameplay perspective as 2- or 3-tier battles. I'm sure there are players who don't mind facing vehicles of the same tier all day long, but there are also many players who simply enjoy being on top (against lower tier tanks), and that comes at a price of playing against higher tier tanks from time to time. 

 

 As you can see, it's all working as intended and it's all just our imagination

 

 

 



Gremlin182 #5 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 48873 battles
  • 8,171
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

MM is still in the testing stage and probably the number of players currently using SPGs and Light tanks has changed drastically.

 

If I have it right we did ask for changes ;)

Well we got them some say its better some worse, I'm with the its certainly very different.

We are used to having a reasonable number of heavy tanks slugging it out while smaller numbers of other tanks support them and fight their own type of battle around them.

That ideal is well gone and its messing up so many games.

 

Its especially bad in assault mode.

Take the Karelia map. the assaulting force is separated at opposite ends of the map, with a team made up of say 6-10 heavy and medium tanks backed up by some TDs SPGs and Lights you probably have a reasonable chance of pushing both flanks, esp when it was common for a team to have 3 or more top tier heavies.

This is no longer the case and the attacking force now pretty much has no chance of pushing either flank in effect they are having to defend as well.

Its just a 10 minute game where one side is split in two widely separated groups and the other are all in one spot.

 

Sorry WG it doesn't work.

Even if we do have the same number of Heavies and mediums in a team they are no longer top tier Heavies and mediums so cannot push as the lights TDs and SPGs in their way are often 2 tiers higher.

 

The balance is off it will be fixed or at least changed and then changed again until it gets more or less back to normal.

 

 

 



qpranger #6 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32524 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

I have psychic powers.

As I gaze into my crystal balls,

I see a post appearing on this thread very soon,

and it reads: "This thread has been closed due to being unconstructive".



anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #7 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018

http://forum.worldof...6#entry14556116

 

"As players, Viktor and I share the same passion about community – listen to them and their needs are our top priority when creating games"

 

 

They have been "lissuning to the community" since 2010...   :trollface:



Suurpolskija #8 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18692 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View Postqpranger, on 26 July 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

I have psychic powers.

As I gaze into my crystal balls,

I see a post appearing on this thread very soon,

and it reads: "This thread has been closed due to being unconstructive".

 

BURN THE WITCH!!! :izmena:

DracheimFlug #9 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostSuurpolskija, on 26 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

 

BURN THE WITCH!!! :izmena:

 

It could be witches, some evil witches, which is ridiculous cause witches they were persecuted and Wicca good and loved the Earth and woman power and I'll be over here. :hiding:

Emeraldweed #10 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Postqpranger, on 26 July 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have psychic powers.

As I gaze into my crystal balls,

I see a post appearing on this thread very soon,

and it reads: "This thread has been closed due to being unconstructive".

 

Although you made the best effort to derail it i can foresee the future aswell!  I can foresee WoT-WG dying if they keep not listening to the players and shove everything under the carpet !

Edited by Emeraldweed, 26 July 2017 - 08:41 AM.


qpranger #11 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32524 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostEmeraldweed, on 26 July 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

 

Although you made the best effort to derail it...

 

No, my best effort would have been to post a hot pic of Miranda Kerr.

imendars #12 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10983 battles
  • 1,086
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014

View PostEmeraldweed, on 26 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

 

Although you made the best effort to derail it i can foresee the future aswell!  I can foresee WoT-WG dying if they keep not listening to the players and shove everything under the carpet !

 

The fun part is they ARE listening to comunity... Just not to the loud ones apparently...

Some say they mostly listen to RUS community. Duno. Perhaps admins send them regularry info from main threads.

 

View Postqpranger, on 26 July 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have psychic powers.

As I gaze into my crystal balls,

I see a post appearing on this thread very soon,

and it reads: "This thread has been closed due to being unconstructive".

 

Either admins are having a coffee break or you really have to check your crystal balls... :trollface:



Emeraldweed #13 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Postimendars, on 26 July 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Either admins are having a coffee break or you really have to check your crystal balls... :trollface:

I totaly did not buy them said coffee....



Aikl #14 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostJunglist_, on 26 July 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

(...)
 

Gepard_PH, on 27 June 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

We are monitoring how matchmaker works very closely and actually it is nothing like what you described. I just checked in what battle levels Tier 8 tanks end up and all across the board it's 30ish % for each: T8 (so on top), T9 (so mid-tier) and T10 (so as bottom tier).

 

One-tier battles are not bad, but they are not as interesting from gameplay perspective as 2- or 3-tier battles. I'm sure there are players who don't mind facing vehicles of the same tier all day long, but there are also many players who simply enjoy being on top (against lower tier tanks), and that comes at a price of playing against higher tier tanks from time to time. 

 

 

As you can see, it's all working as intended and it's all just our imagination

 

WG's logic is that single-tier battles equals being top tier. In a sense it does, but you're "never" on top.

 

As I've said before, a monkey with a calculator could figure out that it was a bad idea to have 3-5-7 as a primary pattern. Math/statistics don't check out. It is nice for creating the rare game where you are top-tier and can roflstomp the enemy team. Many players live on managing one great battle a month - which even casual checking of battle results suggest is possible for even lesser skilled players.

 

Analysis of my current replay folder (post-9.19) suggests that my T8s, PMM included, are put in nearly 43% T10 games. Drawing from the 'top-tier' number and the tier spread indicator, I'm apparently on top against lower-tier tanks 12,3% of the time. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

 

 


Edited by Aikl, 26 July 2017 - 09:12 AM.


Emeraldweed #15 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostAikl, on 26 July 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

 

WG's logic is that single-tier battles equals being top tier. In a sense it does, but you're "never" on top.

 

As I've said before, a monkey with a calculator could figure out that it was a bad idea to have 3-5-7 as a primary pattern. Math/statistics don't check out. It is nice for creating the rare game where you are top-tier and can roflstomp the enemy team. Many players live on managing one great battle a month - which even casual checking of battle results suggest is possible for even lesser skilled players.

 

Analysis of my current replay folder (post-9.19) suggests that my T8s, PMM included, are put in nearly 43% T10 games. Drawing from the 'top-tier' number and the tier spread indicator, I'm apparently on top against lower-tier tanks 12,3% of the time. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

 

 

 

Wg's logic would be totaly fine BUT: 

 

t8 premiums that people paid real money to get, have hard time to play against t10's  since most of them are half stock tanks ( not counting the opshit prems) so if they wanted to change the mm the way it is now then they should  buff ALL OF THEM  in order to be competitive. but nooooo they had to bring the patch upfront  and then buff them one by one in aspects that don't need buffs ( see FV).

 

So now people complain about not being able to enjoy their tanks and mods shove everything under the carpet to silence them. Which makes me wonder, do the devs have such a short memory or do they even play the games they create? and if we say that indeed they made a mistake then why not ROLLBACK the mm changes and buff the premiums before releasing the mm patch again? 



Hedgehog1963 #16 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51287 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostEmeraldweed, on 26 July 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

My issue in a nutshell

 

 Posted Image

 

time to call it quits?

 

Time to get a grip more like.  You never see more than three Tier X in any battle.  Hardly "only" Tier X.

ZlatanArKung #17 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
This MM whine thread is still alive and kicking

malachi6 #18 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49938 battles
  • 3,478
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

I think the problem is people insist they are never top tier.  While evidence suggests a minimum of top tier 15% of the time.  While yes this is less than the expected 20% minimum.  The evidence I saw was from a relatively small sample size across tier 6,7,8.

 

 If people could couch their arguments in more reasonable terms.  WG may take them more seriously.  Obviously, they have full access to the data. Seeing the hyperbolic whining on these forums is not going going to make them take you seriously.


Edited by malachi6, 26 July 2017 - 09:32 AM.


Emeraldweed #19 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 26 July 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

Time to get a grip more like.  You never see more than three Tier X in any battle.  Hardly "only" Tier X.

 

You gotta understand that people who actually can carry games often have to face those t10's with incompetent t8 premiums 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29242 battles
  • 2,288
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

Usual bull. I'm in a tier 10 MM so I have to fight tier 10's.

 

No, you don't. It's 3-5-7 so at the absolute worst you have 3 tier 10 you may *possibly* have to fight but why are you even fighting the tier 10 and expecting it to be fair fight? There's 12 other tanks you can go fight that are not tier 10, go fight them instead.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users