Jump to content


Does arty now have preferential MM?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

qpranger #1 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32466 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
When I play my S-51, I am mostly top tier, sometimes middle tier, but I cannot remember the last time I was bottom tier. Is it a bug or a feature?

HundeWurst #2 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 69911 battles
  • 4,337
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

I has the same feeling with the T92. Ok obviously I will always be top tier but I somehow never ended up in tier 10 only games. It has ALWAYS been 3 5 7 for arty for me.

 

I was wondering as for me that made little to no sense at all. Tier 10 arty should way more often play in the tier 10 only games. But who am I? Just some pleb wondering about Wargamings latest and greatest features.



jabster #3 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostWunderWurst, on 26 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

I has the same feeling with the T92. Ok obviously I will always be top tier but I somehow never ended up in tier 10 only games. It has ALWAYS been 3 5 7 for arty for me.

 

I was wondering as for me that made little to no sense at all. Tier 10 arty should way more often play in the tier 10 only games. But who am I? Just some pleb wondering about Wargamings latest and greatest features.

 

The same suspicion has been raised for LTs and it does seem a possibility that they way the MM works means that tanks that are balanced across teams are more likely to end up as top tier. Is their an easy way to extract top tier tank composition using say WoT Replay Analyser? 

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Do I spot another MM thread,go and post in pinned MM thread instead.

cro001 #5 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29529 battles
  • 1,920
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012
There are same rumors about LTs and TDs. Apparently the rule that there has to be equal number of those things on same side is likely the cause.

Kozzy #6 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postqpranger, on 26 July 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

When I play my S-51, I am mostly top tier, sometimes middle tier, but I cannot remember the last time I was bottom tier. Is it a bug or a feature?

 

I feel the same way for my M53/55 and even my Leffer.  Will have to actually start to record the MM spread to confirm.  Have you started to note down the games with the tier spread?

JuliusCheddar #7 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29632 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Yeah, it's quite logical. Clickers, lts and tds have separate queues from med/heavy queue. Their queues are much smaller, thus they land top tier basically all the time, while heavies and meds get rekt 

jabster #8 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 26 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Yeah, it's quite logical. Clickers, lts and tds have separate queues from med/heavy queue. Their queues are much smaller, thus they land top tier basically all the time, while heavies and meds get rekt 

 

I'm really not sure why you think that's logical. Can you please explain it more?

Edited by jabster, 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM.


qpranger #9 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32466 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostKozzy, on 26 July 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

 Have you started to note down the games with the tier spread?

 

What would be the point? It will be dismissed by smart alecs on here as usual, and as for developers, I think they know it even better than we do.

Browarszky #10 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,734
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 26 July 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Do I spot another MM thread,go and post in pinned MM thread instead.

 

You sound like you speak from experience.

JuliusCheddar #11 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29632 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

View Postjabster, on 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

 

I'm really not sure why you think that's logical. Can you please explain it more?

 Whole, 3/5/7 (flawed) concept creates bottom tier games by its nature. You have 3/15 slots on top, 5/15 in mid and 7/15 on bottom. You are more likely to be bottom than to be top. Now, separate smaller queues for lts, tds and spgs don't fill up slots so quickly, thus they get better MM. 

I really don't know how to explain it. 

Basically, the bigger your queue, the worse MM you'll receive. Lts, spgs and tds have smaller queues. 

I can't come up with better explanation, but it's a fact these 3 classes get top tier matches all the time. 

 



8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 66460 battles
  • 3,346
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Traditional support classes once had the weaker mm but it is now 2017 and WG got tired of the tankriarchy so they push them up while pushing the others down and call it equality. 

jabster #13 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 26 July 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

 Whole, 3/5/7 (flawed) concept creates bottom tier games by its nature. You have 3/15 slots on top, 5/15 in mid and 7/15 on bottom. You are more likely to be bottom than to be top. Now, separate smaller queues for lts, tds and spgs don't fill up slots so quickly, thus they get better MM. 

I really don't know how to explain it. 

Basically, the bigger your queue, the worse MM you'll receive. Lts, spgs and tds have smaller queues. 

I can't come up with better explanation, but it's a fact these 3 classes get top tier matches all the time. 

 

 

Still don't see it as the MM is trying to balance the throughput of classes so a smaller queue just means it gets less used than a larger one. 

 

As for the fact that they're top tier all the time, well no as my LTTB can show.



Browarszky #14 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,734
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 26 July 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Traditional support classes once had the weaker mm but it is now 2017 and WG got tired of the tankriarchy so they push them up while pushing the others down and call it equality. 

 

I have a better name for it, PITA.

jabster #15 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKozzy, on 26 July 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

 

I feel the same way for my M53/55 and even my Leffer.  Will have to actually start to record the MM spread to confirm.  Have you started to note down the games with the tier spread?

 

I did quickly go through the small amount (37) of replays I have for the LLTB using the WoT Replay Anaylsis tool and if I'm reading correctly I had 15 games with the top tier being VIII and of those 12 were 3-5-7 format. I also seem to have 2 games where the bottom tier was -1. Not sure what that's all about.

DracheimFlug #16 Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

This thread is interesting.... If they decided to merge it with one of the related stickies, will they put it under MM or under Arty? :D Or divide it in two in Solomon-like fashion and have going to each? :izmena::)

 

 

Again, has anyone actually looked at this formally to see if it is really a thing or just a rodent dream?



jabster #17 Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostDracheimFlug, on 26 July 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

This thread is interesting.... If they decided to merge it with one of the related stickies, will they put it under MM or under Arty? :D Or divide it in two in Solomon-like fashion and have going to each? :izmena::)

 

 

Again, has anyone actually looked at this formally to see if it is really a thing or just a rodent dream?

 

Haven't seen anything and I don't believe any of the stats site have the info although I think VBAddict has it for individual users.

Aikl #18 Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postjabster, on 26 July 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

 

The same suspicion has been raised for LTs and it does seem a possibility that they way the MM works means that tanks that are balanced across teams are more likely to end up as top tier. Is their an easy way to extract top tier tank composition using say WoT Replay Analyser? 

 

Shouldn't be a problem doing so, pretty sure the filter works for both tier and tank class (I believe you have to get separate data from each tier). Getting 'statistical relevant' data might be a problem, unless you find someone who has played hundreds of battles since 9.19 in the tanks you're looking for. 

jabster #19 Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,394
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostAikl, on 26 July 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

 

Shouldn't be a problem doing so, pretty sure the filter works for both tier and tank class (I believe you have to get separate data from each tier). Getting 'statistical relevant' data might be a problem, unless you find someone who has played hundreds of battles since 9.19 in the tanks you're looking for. 

 

I'll take a look to see what I can do.

JuliusCheddar #20 Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29632 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

View PostAikl, on 26 July 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

 

Shouldn't be a problem doing so, pretty sure the filter works for both tier and tank class (I believe you have to get separate data from each tier). Getting 'statistical relevant' data might be a problem, unless you find someone who has played hundreds of battles since 9.19 in the tanks you're looking for. 

You may want to look at HWK, LTG or other tanks added after new matchmaking came






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users