Jump to content


Is Tier8 Defender Superior To Tier9 T-10 And Even Tier10 IS-7?


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Hi guys,

 

As titled. Still without internet in new house but should be up and running soon so no need for a few lunch time moments of WoT at Work lol..

 

Anyway I have an IS3 which I'm horrendously bad with, just terrible lol! sometimes an ace round sometimes nothing at all and damned if I can explain how either result happened.. I don't play it anymore because it just got wrecked by everything that shoots it since it's always vs tier8-10 for some reason but I was thinking of treating myself to a T-10 since I have a few tier 9's now and found I don't lose money with them overall. That said, is there actually any point of me continuing with this particular HT line? I don't see any T-10's anymore whenever I take my tier8-9 tanks out for a run and a rarely see many IS-7.. when I do they don't seem to perform very well at all while I see Defenders all the time and they tend to always do well and top the sheets or close to it.. so am I just wasting my time taking on the T-10 to IS7 grind? Are these just inferior tanks nowadays compared to what's on offer and when I can just buy a Defender if I want to continue with that pike armour look Soviet HT?

 

Thanks



JuliusCheddar #2 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29774 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Read what you wrote one more time and answer your own question

Toni112007 #3 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9845 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
The answer is no, it's not better than T-10 or IS7. But it still doesn't mean it's not OP. But as you struggle with IS-3, Defender won't be much better.

Edited by Toni112007, 26 July 2017 - 12:11 PM.


scorpiontank1 #4 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26325 battles
  • 837
  • [ARG] ARG
  • Member since:
    10-12-2012
defender is indeed border line OP but not better than t10 or is7

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #5 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

Learn how to (reverse) sidescrape and go hulldown. This will safe your life in these soviet heavies. The Defender probably won't be for sale until Christmas.

 



qpranger #6 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32512 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Defender is weak.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,770
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Tier for tier, yes it's definitely better.

 

Also, it has better gun handling than the IS-7, very similar frontal hull armour, minute weakspots which are difficult to hit and it has very good mobility.

 

Cobra 6



TungstenHitman #8 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostTr0gledyte, on 26 July 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Learn how to (reverse) sidescrape

 

 

long time ago.. and no I'm not camping at the back like a bi*** I'm engaging another IS3 lol.. I would later move on after this engagement and probably get my backside served by that E75

View PostTr0gledyte, on 26 July 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

go hulldown. This will safe your life in these soviet heavies.

 

 

No go dep so heavily limited to where this can be done, also the Russians thought it was a good idea to make the turret an impenetrable ring of steel which is great yet used a biscuit tin lid to protect the roof so any clown with a HE round can do me a lot of damage should they simply aim anywhere above my slow loading gun :( 

 

View PostTr0gledyte, on 26 July 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

The Defender probably won't be for sale until Christmas.

 

 

I bet it's on sale really soon, find some Russian war commemoration date and it's gonna be back!!


Edited by TungstenHitman, 26 July 2017 - 12:41 PM.


qpranger #9 Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32512 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 July 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I bet it's on sale really soon, find some Russian war commemoration date and it's gonna be back!!

 

Well, the Kursk Battle anniversary came and went, doubt they will showcasing the liberation of Kiev in November in the current political climate, the next biggie would also be in November, Operation Uranus, and I suppose this OP tank would fit right into that one, no pun intended.



anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #10 Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

 

 

Also, it has better gun handling than the IS-7, very similar frontal hull armour, minute weakspots which are difficult to hit and it has very good mobility.

 

Don't mean to continue our previous discussion but this isn't true, the IS-7 has way better gun handling than the Defender. Better accuracy, better aimtime and much, MUCH better soft stats. The difference is night and day.  



RamRaid90 #11 Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21507 battles
  • 6,487
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Order like this:

 

T-10 > IS-7 > Defender/252u > IS-3 > IS-6



Dis4ster #12 Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27952 battles
  • 2,944
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 26 July 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Order like this:

 

T-10 > IS-7 > Defender/252u > IS-3 > IS-6

 

T-10 > IS-7 > Defender/252u > IS-3 > IS-2(Berlin) > IS-6

 

IS-6 is bad against other T8s but allways gets matched against them, while IS-2 meets T5 and is great against other T7 tanks and is as good as IS-6 against T8, with the new MM IS-2 meets max. 3 T9 tanks in battle, while IS-6 meets 5 of them in almost every battle.



StinkyStonky #13 Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28441 battles
  • 2,146
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

View PostDis4ster, on 26 July 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

T-10 > IS-7 > Defender/252u > IS-3 > IS-2(Berlin) > IS-6

 

IS-6 is bad against other T8s but allways gets matched against them, while IS-2 meets T5 and is great against other T7 tanks and is as good as IS-6 against T8, with the new MM IS-2 meets max. 3 T9 tanks in battle, while IS-6 meets 5 of them in almost every battle.

 

This is well explained and spot on.  It illustrates perfectly why the new MM has decreased the value of Pref MM tanks.

When the IS 6 was originally sold it could never realistically be in a tier 9/8 game (there would always be tier 7s as well).  It was always top or mid tier and there was always something for its measly 175 pen to shoot at.  Now it's regularly bottom tier and premium ammo is a must.

Pref MMs aren't worth the money any more.

 

Back to the OP.  There are rumours/talk that the IS7 is getting a buff.



OreH75 #14 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47897 battles
  • 2,137
  • [RANGR] RANGR
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 July 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

long time ago.. and no I'm not camping at the back like a bi*** I'm engaging another IS3 lol.. I would later move on after this engagement and probably get my backside served by that E75

Eeu sry, but reverse side scraping to snipe an enemy IS-3 at 445m is not really engaging imho..it's more camping like a b**** in the back s ;) 

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostOreH75, on 26 July 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Eeu sry, but reverse side scraping to snipe an enemy IS-3 at 445m is not really engaging imho..it's more camping like a b**** in the back s ;) 

 

Agreed, I knew that bs story was never going to fly.. I can't remember when why or what for tbh.. was probably smashed drunk on a Saturday evening.. that map annoys me in a HT also, all the HT's (who aren't camping like a b**** or being a stupid like the Emil ll, cram into the bottom of the map where both sides fall over each others teammates and exchange mostly unsuccessful shots that bounce or track.. not a big fan of Paris.. B4 and 7 can be fruitful in an LT.. again camping like a b**** but soaking up some nice dmg assist then getting in a cheeky shot or tracking whatever peaks over the opposite scout hill camp fest

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #16 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostOreH75, on 26 July 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Eeu sry, but reverse side scraping to snipe an enemy IS-3 at 445m is not really engaging imho..it's more camping like a b**** in the back s ;) 

 

Lol I didn't notice that. He is reverse sidescraping vs. an enemy that can't even spot him.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
So the general feeling is that the tier9 T-10 is the best of the Soviet HT bunch? interesting.. but also glad because I have that tank unlocked, like the look of it and since the IS3 is pretty much inferior to the Defender and the other newer OP HT tier8 gang, it wouldn't make me feel bad about selling my now average IS3 and for a superior tier9 tank that can slap those tier8 premiums about sometimes

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #18 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 July 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

So the general feeling is that the tier9 T-10 is the best of the Soviet HT bunch? interesting.. but also glad because I have that tank unlocked, like the look of it and since the IS3 is pretty much inferior to the Defender and the other newer OP HT tier8 gang, it wouldn't make me feel bad about selling my now average IS3 and for a superior tier9 tank that can slap those tier8 premiums about sometimes

 

The T-10 has pretty much the same armor as the IS-3 but a tier higher, it relies more on mobility and its gun, you'll get penetrated a lot. The only tank that can effortlessly slap those tier 8 premiums around would be the IS-7. But then you have tier IX and X opponents to worry about.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 26 July 2017 - 04:03 PM.


TungstenHitman #19 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostTr0gledyte, on 26 July 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

 

Lol I didn't notice that. He is reverse sidescraping vs. an enemy that can't even spot him.

 

and how do you know there isn't two stronk TDs camped in E7 and 8 pointing there guns right at me? ;) But in any case that's no place for my IS3 to be lol

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 4,073
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostTr0gledyte, on 26 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

The T-10 has pretty much the same armor as the IS-3 but a tier higher, it relies more on mobility and its gun, you'll get penetrated a lot. The only tank that can effortlessly slap those tier 8 premiums around would be the IS-7. But then you have tier IX and X opponents to worry about.

 

IS7 is a LOTTTTTTTT of grinding so if you're telling me the only gain with the T10 is mobility and possibly a better gun, which wouldn't really be hard since the IS3 has a medieval cannon then I might give the grind a miss, because tbh I am seeing the Maus, E100, Type 4 and 5 as the most forgiving and unapologetic noob proof HT right now, certainly a lot better than the IS7 for just fighting ugly and bouncing shots while plodding along without consequence or much concern to what's coming back at them.. not that I'd like that playstyle but it's certainly getting results 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users