WOT nr.8 top grossing game in June 2017

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Zoltan1251 #1 Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Ok so i was reading TAP and WOT is at nr.8 and everyone in comment section is painting doomsday scenarios... "its because MM.... playing in the past was more enjoyable...".... all im saying, no you are wrong, it was always like this and it was always as fun as you made it to be yourself... and MM is better now, not without problems but waaaaaaaaaaay better

but one thing is true.... MAPS... for some reason maps started to disappear and no new ones appeared.... i think there is easy way to kickstart new era in WOT.... make LOT of new maps, open, few buildings somewhere, few hills, few bushes and you have perfect map.... it would add much needed freshness to the game... sometimes i want to suicide or turn the game off because WG have mission "spot someone and stay hidden" and then you have 5 corridor maps in a row making you question why is viewrange and camo a thing in the game...... its EASY to make maps.... just do it

Y_O_L_0 #2 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19802 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED
I would love to see a list on the items that WG sell (premium time, premium tanks, etc.).

I would also love to see a list on what players buy with their in-game gold (premium time, permanent camo, etc.) and what they spend their credits on (gold ammo, repairs, consumables, etc.)

clixor #3 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles
The maps thing was already explained, team is working on HD maps and no new maps will be released. But you also have to take into account that the majority of the playerbase don't really know the current maps as it is. So releasing a lot of new maps isn't a  particularly good idea in terms of quality of the battles. Same with corridor vs open maps, corridor maps funnel players into certain positions, combined with lackluster map knowledge open maps are only a disaster for gameplay.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Top grossing in june because of this calendar thing.

Basically selling tanks that have no actual physical value so even at a discount they are pure profit as they require no resources to build.

Cobra 6

clixor #5 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Basically selling tanks that have no actual physical value so even at a discount they are pure profit as they require no resources to build.

Cobra 6

According to the list, WOT actually went from 7 to 8 compared to previous month. So it's not the summer sales. What it does show though that it's a consistent cash cow.

LaManche #6 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19289 battles

It only fell by one position due to PlayersUnknown's Battlegrounds. Mind you, that is a new game and I don't think it has micro transactions (yet) so it will probably drop by the time they make another one of these rankings.

EDIT: Friend on Steam feed said that PUB will have $2.50 micro-transactions while it's still in EA. Damn, they might go higher in that ranking then.

Edited by LaManche, 26 July 2017 - 07:58 PM.

Zoltan1251 #7 Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Cobra 6

calendar was in July... it will be fun to see how well WOT did with this crap calendar

View Postclixor, on 26 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

The maps thing was already explained, team is working on HD maps and no new maps will be released. But you also have to take into account that the majority of the playerbase don't really know the current maps as it is. So releasing a lot of new maps isn't a  particularly good idea in terms of quality of the battles. Same with corridor vs open maps, corridor maps funnel players into certain positions, combined with lackluster map knowledge open maps are only a disaster for gameplay.

yeah, we all know about HD maps... but do anyone really care?.... no.... and what do you mean by "knowing current maps"?.... are you one of those players that think that mediums should go to certain spot on certain map and that lights should spot, TDs should wait in bush etc?.... thats what im talking about, its boring, i play my light with heavy tanks and its fun, i go with my TD on frontline and its fun.... making new maps is the only way how to make things exciting again, Call of duty is basically just new maps all the time and it works

clixor #8 Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 26 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

yeah, we all know about HD maps... but do anyone really care?.... no.... and what do you mean by "knowing current maps"?.... are you one of those players that think that mediums should go to certain spot on certain map and that lights should spot, TDs should wait in bush etc?.... thats what im talking about, its boring, i play my light with heavy tanks and its fun, i go with my TD on frontline and its fun.... making new maps is the only way how to make things exciting again, Call of duty is basically just new maps all the time and it works

How about no respawns? Without respawn you learn maps way less fast than if you have 'another chance' if you get killed. Then, even playing the same tier, it makes a huge difference if you are bottom/mid/top tier. The overall meta gameplay is just different, but also the individual one, for instance it's not a particularly good idea to brawl with a MAUS if you are a tier8 heavy. The problem what you get is, because players don't know the maps that well (or actually, alternative tactics for their  particular situation in that game), they DO go to that heavy spot and die uselessly. Or they DO camp in their TD in boesh, because they just don't know what to do else.

Part of the yolo behavior is also caused by that, players know one play on a certain map, and if that fails their mind shuts down and they just rrrrrr.

Knowing a map means learning fallback positions, spotting places (and where you can be spotted from), ridges etc.etc., and the overall meta thngies i explained above. This just takes playtime on each map to get this, and that multiplied by each map in the game. 

Edited by clixor, 26 July 2017 - 05:08 PM.

Tinbawx #9 Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

According to the same source WoT was rank 5 in 2016.

Spoiler

The graph shows WoT at Rank 4 because it only lists F2P titles, so WoW is missing.

Here´s another graph, revenues from january to april 2016

Spoiler

What´s interesting ist that WoT is for the moment behind DOTA2. WoT made about 35% more ravenue than DOTA2 last year and more than 35% more in 2015. What happened? Sudden surge in DOTA2s popularity?

Note, I´m note an economist, it´s perfectly plausible that that´s just the impact of the Steam summer sales, but Fantasy Westward Journey Online II (Yay, asian MMO names) is also ahead atm and that´s not on Steam.

Anyhow it´s just one month, we´ll when there are statistics available that cover a larger time period.

Edited by Tinbawx, 26 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Source for the top 8 position?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
I agree with the OP that we need new maps and if they say that HD maps are a priority then we all know that autism is hard! The argument that most of the players doesn't know the current maps well enough isn't and argument against making new maps it's an argument for educating new players about map positioning, that's a job for WOTreplays or YT i guess. If you played Himmelsdorf for like 5000 times and you still don't know how to position your tank then you need to stop playing and do something about that, if you played these battles in Himmelsdorf and WG expect you to still enjoy that task in HD quality then again autism is sooo hard and finally if you still enjoy Himmelsdorf yourself after that huge number of battles in it then it is your prerogative to continue doing that though i don't get the point. One more thing, they didn't seem to have this stagnation adding more tanks to the game both standard and premium ones!

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21507 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

The maps are not just being changed to HD. They are ALL being reworked (keyword) into HD. It will pretty much be like wargaming releasing 35+ brand new maps at one time.

I saw the video with the (then current) rework of the Abby map and it looked completely different.

I for one am excited about it but hey...

Zoltan1251 #13 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostRamRaid90, on 26 July 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

The maps are not just being changed to HD. They are ALL being reworked (keyword) into HD. It will pretty much be like wargaming releasing 35+ brand new maps at one time.

I saw the video with the (then current) rework of the Abby map and it looked completely different.

I for one am excited about it but hey...

thats the exact problem... its only kinda "rework"... and its actually pretty scary what is going on in WG right now.... i bet they are pouring resources there and noone will appreciate it..... so much money, so much work and time just to have HD map that noone will use.... i would love to know how much of player base actually plays in HD.....

while new maps would draw actual players back to game to see what is new... constant stream of new maps would stop players from leaving so quickly... its clear as a day and always has been

this is what happens when you have big company that is divided to departments..... they invent marketing and market research department full of people who never played video games and their meeting goes like this "graph shows that most game sold today are in HD so lets just make everything HD".... correlation and causation mistake again and loosing touch with core game idea... do they really think that DOTA or LOL are played for HD graphics?????

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21507 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostZoltan1251, on 26 July 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

thats the exact problem... its only kinda "rework"... and its actually pretty scary what is going on in WG right now.... i bet they are pouring resources there and noone will appreciate it..... so much money, so much work and time just to have HD map that noone will use.... i would love to know how much of player base actually plays in HD.....

while new maps would draw actual players back to game to see what is new... constant stream of new maps would stop players from leaving so quickly... its clear as a day and always has been

this is what happens when you have big company that is divided to departments..... they invent marketing and market research department full of people who never played video games and their meeting goes like this "graph shows that most game sold today are in HD so lets just make everything HD".... correlation and causation mistake again and loosing touch with core game idea... do they really think that DOTA or LOL are played for HD graphics?????

You misunderstand what they mean when they say HD REWORK.

The maps are being changed, even those who don't play in HD will have 35+ completely reworked maps to relearn.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostZoltan1251, on 26 July 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

do they really think that DOTA or LOL are played for HD graphics?????

Exactly, or did war thunder died cause WOT got better graphics?

BTW i've seen Abbey HD video and.....it's Abbey!!!

qpranger #16 Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So no Golden Joystick for WOT this year?

CmdRatScabies #17 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 July 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Exactly, or did war thunder died cause WOT got better graphics?

BTW i've seen Abbey HD video and.....it's Abbey!!!

They'd probably start to look dated if they didn't keep improving the graphics.  Old videos of WoT look very old but can only be a few years.

Zoltan1251 #18 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostRamRaid90, on 26 July 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

You misunderstand what they mean when they say HD REWORK.

The maps are being changed, even those who don't play in HD will have 35+ completely reworked maps to relearn.

well yeah, a bush change place, on hill will be added other removed.... so what.... it will still be the same freaking map.... tell me honestly do you jump up and down like "woooooooow did you guys see that elevated hill on malinovka?... so awesome, this will make me play game for another year".... noone cares about this

suvicze #19 Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 26 July 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

They'd probably start to look dated if they didn't keep improving the graphics.  Old videos of WoT look very old but can only be a few years.

Well the game looked dated when it got released and still looks that way 7 years later. Honestly I dont really mind that much as long as I enjoy the gameplay. I still play games like fallout 1/2 even though they are almost 20 years old.

What I hate the most which is also related to how WoT or any other game look is the relationship between HW making companies and SW ones. Games are made to have higher and higher HW requirements so companies making HW have profit despite the fact that they could run maxed on 7-10 years old computers without issue if the developers really wanted. Take Crysis for example. One of the best looking game still to this day beaten by a few new games only in minute details you hardly notice unless you look carefully and you could run that maxed on good dual core CPU and 2x 8800GTX in dx10 on crap windows vista. Now we have games like WoT which look like crap except for tank models and you need way better PC than that to run it in full hd with decent detail.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21507 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostZoltan1251, on 26 July 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

well yeah, a bush change place, on hill will be added other removed.... so what.... it will still be the same freaking map.... tell me honestly do you jump up and down like "woooooooow did you guys see that elevated hill on malinovka?... so awesome, this will make me play game for another year".... noone cares about this

Maybe try looking at the released videos of the new version of Abby.

The map, as I said before, is completely different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users