Jump to content


Commonwealth Tech Tree/Branch in UK tree PROPOSAL

commonwealth tanks commonwealth tech tree commonwealth branch australian tanks canadian tanks

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Commonwealth Tanks in WoT (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

If Commonwealth Tanks get added, how would you want them in?

  1. As a separate tree, considering there are enough tanks. The British have gotten enough anyway. (2 votes [13.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.33%

  2. As part of the British tree, it is not big enough (10 votes [66.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 66.67%

  3. I don't want them in (3 votes [20.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Hide poll

davidblader #1 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6627 battles
  • 236
  • [DRACL] DRACL
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

Hello. This is a proposal about Commonwealth tanks in WoT. (If you don't know what the Commonwealth is, - https://en.wikipedia...alth_of_Nations)

I did some research on their tanks and found out they can actually make a serious separate tech tree. The tree does partially have tanks that are similar to currently in-game tanks, but it is not a clone tree or anything like that.

I've made an image on it, and am planning to write a full article.

http://imgur.com/9vKIvNt

What do you think?



Mimos_A #2 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22221 battles
  • 1,848
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

Not to rain on your parade, but it apart from some nice (and quirky) stuff early on it's a lot of existing tanks in the game with minor differences. A modified Cromwell at tier 7 doesn't get me warmed up to be honest, if I want to play more Sherman derivatives there's enough options in the game already and more Centurions isn't exactly the height of excitement either.

 

I'd rather have devs put their time in doing some actual balancing than wasting time trying to give these vehicles any form of unique performance, which would be the only reason for putting them in the game to begin with.



IncandescentGerbil #3 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35666 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
Pish. We need at least another two branches of Russian mediums first. I hear there is a real life version of the t-54 with the fuel filler cap in a slightly different place. Can't believe the t-54ffcsdp isn't already in the game, frankly.

laulaur #4 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46460 battles
  • 986
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011


lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33268 battles
  • 10,215
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Given that we already have Commonwealth tanks in the British tech tree, I think include them as a part of that. If they were a separate tree though, I'd be ok with that. 

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Isn't a commonwealth tree just a tree with copied British tanks and another flag on them?

CaptainCombat #7 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25603 battles
  • 100
  • [BACKS] BACKS
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012
Me being a South African and seeing the Semel and Olifant, obviously you have my vote and I am sure all South African players would also say YES. We have been talking about this in the past among SA players, and would love this idea! Event hough I must admit this might remain a dream.

davidblader #8 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6627 battles
  • 236
  • [DRACL] DRACL
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Isn't a commonwealth tree just a tree with copied British tanks and another flag on them?

 

no

davidblader #9 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6627 battles
  • 236
  • [DRACL] DRACL
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 27 July 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Pish. We need at least another two branches of Russian mediums first. I hear there is a real life version of the t-54 with the fuel filler cap in a slightly different place. Can't believe the t-54ffcsdp isn't already in the game, frankly.

 

lol, here come the trolls

lord_chipmonk #10 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33268 battles
  • 10,215
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Isn't a commonwealth tree just a tree with copied British tanks and another flag on them?

 

Since when has that stopped WG in the past? I mean tiers 1-6 of the Chinese tech tree are a complete copy-pasta. Tier 7 med and light are a little different, but it is not until tier 8 that the tech tree actually has some originality, and even then the parallels with some soviet machines are strong. . 

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postdavidblader, on 27 July 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

 

no

The AC3 or AC4 already exist in game as brit premium tanks.

The T7 centaue is a Cromwell copy

The T8 semel is a Centurion copy

The T9 vijayanta is actually new.

The T10 olifant is a centurion copy.

The Grizzly 1 and Firefly are just Sherman tanks.

And below that I didn't really check. 

 


Edited by ZlatanArKung, 27 July 2017 - 01:53 PM.


ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 July 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

Since when has that stopped WG in the past? I mean tiers 1-6 of the Chinese tech tree are a complete copy-pasta. Tier 7 med and light are a little different, but it is not until tier 8 that the tech tree actually has some originality, and even then the parallels with some soviet machines are strong. . 

 

Which imo is better then the other way around. Unique T1-T6 and then copycats.



lord_chipmonk #13 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33268 battles
  • 10,215
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

 

Which imo is better then the other way around. Unique T1-T6 and then copycats.

 

There are enough higher tier copycats too, but hopefully you take my point. 

 

Honestly though, I don't really care if they're copies or not. If people would like to play them, then sure. 



ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 July 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

There are enough higher tier copycats too, but hopefully you take my point. 

 

Honestly though, I don't really care if they're copies or not. If people would like to play them, then sure. 

 

Yes.

 

But needing more (copycat tanks) while fun and so on, is not really where I believe WG should spend their development resources.



lord_chipmonk #15 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33268 battles
  • 10,215
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

 

Yes.

 

But needing more (copycat tanks) while fun and so on, is not really where I believe WG should spend their development resources.

 

Understood, but if I have learned anything from playing this game for some years now it is that WG very rarely spend their resources where I believe would be best for the game. So, assuming that isn't going to change anytime soon, I'd be happy to have a new tech line. I'd rather that than a new bunch of OP premiums for example (both of which would be new content).

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 27 July 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

Understood, but if I have learned anything from playing this game for some years now it is that WG very rarely spend their resources where I believe would be best for the game. So, assuming that isn't going to change anytime soon, I'd be happy to have a new tech line. I'd rather that than a new bunch of OP premiums for example (both of which would be new content).

 

Agreed. New OP premium tanks is like the last thing I want to see in this game.



davidblader #17 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6627 battles
  • 236
  • [DRACL] DRACL
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

The AC3 or AC4 already exist in game as brit premium tanks.

The T7 centaue is a Cromwell copy

The T8 semel is a Centurion copy

The T9 vijayanta is actually new.

The T10 olifant is a centurion copy.

The Grizzly 1 and Firefly are just Sherman tanks.

And below that I didn't really check. 

 

 

AC3 is not in-game

AC4 isn't either, it's just its experimental version

Centaur uses a very different gun

Semel is modified

Olifant is also very modified
Grizzly and Grizzly Firefly might be made after the Sherman, but Canada can't be excluded from the Commonwealth
The others are not copies



davidblader #18 Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6627 battles
  • 236
  • [DRACL] DRACL
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 July 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

Agreed. New OP premium tanks is like the last thing I want to see in this game.

 

Thank you.....everyone should stop buying these

Mimos_A #19 Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22221 battles
  • 1,848
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View Postdavidblader, on 27 July 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Centaur uses a very different gun

 

If you mean the howitzer, it's pretty close if not the same to the gun you can already mount on the Cromwell. Same goes for all other guns the Centaur was ever equipped with.

 

In general, this tech-tree just doesn't really add any interesting aspects in terms of gameplay apart from the Schofield. It's nice that some people can be happy that a certain flag is now sported on the side of a tank, but other than that it's pretty redundant. I prefer development resources to be spent on improving the game or adding actual new features, not tanks that are pretty much the same as a ton of other tanks you can already play. I mean really, what's the point of adding another Sherman who's main distinctive feature is the number sprocket teeth and was produced across the border.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users