Jump to content


Low tier battles


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Edgaruxa #1 Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25043 battles
  • 3
  • [BRO_] BRO_
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

Hi! I know some people around here play WOT not only for rank just like me. I personally enjoy playing lower tiers from time to time, since there is more WW2 legendary tanks there, but, since the last update, low tier battles became unberable. Some low tier light tanks now can get into top of the matchmaking and utterly rape anyone in the battle. Example: the battle is only tier 4 and Luchs can completely destroy a whole team of other tier 4 tanks (meds and heavies included). That ruins low tier game for any other player who does not uses the light tank.

 

The light tank issue is actually quite annoying it higher tiers - a T54 can be Edited by AMX 13 90 in close combat nowadays, because the light tank has too much hitpoints and cannot be killed quickly. What do you think?


Edited by Asklepi0s, 28 July 2017 - 09:16 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks


Ankara_Aatu #2 Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31640 battles
  • 562
  • [RIOD] RIOD
  • Member since:
    04-11-2015
The Luchs is ridiculously OP, and should be nerfed (if WG cared about low tier balance). In high tiers light tanks are far from OP. If you get  your [edited]kicked by a 13 90 in a T54, I think it's entirely your own fault.

cro001 #3 Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27878 battles
  • 1,888
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012
There is something wrong with what you do in T-54 if 1390 "Edited " you. He can't clip you on top of that he can't reliably pen you. Not sure about low tiers tho.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 28 July 2017 - 09:17 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks


Sams_Baneblade #4 Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16236 battles
  • 1,183
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

Balance at lower Tiers has always beens disastrous. And it became even worse since the already awesome M5A1 and Luchts stopped landing in Tier 7 battles, without any form of rebalance.

 

Now they only grow the ranks of the btoken stetped machines, along with Hetzers, Matildas, T-28E and those from the other Tiers.



Tyrgrim #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

WG dosent give a Edited  about low teirs. They should, since they loose alot of potential costumers with all the T2-3 statpadders who like nothing more than to Edited  new players.

 

I wonder how many new players they lost on that crap?

WG never stopped and wondered why no other company does this?


Edited by Asklepi0s, 28 July 2017 - 09:18 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks


jabster #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTyrgrim, on 28 July 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

WG dosent give a Edited   about low teirs. They should, since they loose alot of potential costumers with all the T2-3 statpadders who like nothing more than to Edited  new players.

 

I wonder how many new players they lost on that crap?

WG never stopped and wondered why no other company does this?

 

Unless it's changed recently, up to battletier III there's a system commonly know as newbie protection which means players with less than 2,500 battles are far more likely to be put into battles only with players in the same category. As a non-newbie it's entirely unobvious this is happening as I don't believe there is a concept of battles that exclude newbies i.e. a non-newbie will not see games without newbies included.

 

That doesn't mean it's perfect of course but there is something in place.


Edited by Asklepi0s, 28 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.


Tyrgrim #7 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:09 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View Postjabster, on 28 July 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

 

Unless it's changed recently, up to battletier III there's a system commonly know as newbie protection which means players with less than 2,500 battles are far more likely to be put into battles only with players in the same category. As a non-newbie it's entirely unobvious this is happening as I don't believe there is a concept of battles that exclude newbies i.e. a non-newbie will not see games without newbies included.

 

That doesn't mean it's perfect of course but there is something in place.

 

Well not many players actually play T2-3 so the chance of you actually getting the same players over and over again is quite hight. Noticed that recently, the number of people playing low tears just to PWN noobs is higher than you might think.

 

Nothing makes you love a new game like getting slaughtered over and over by obvious statpadders am i right?



jabster #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTyrgrim, on 28 July 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

 

Well not many players actually play T2-3 so the chance of you actually getting the same players over and over again is quite hight. Noticed that recently, the number of people playing low tears just to PWN noobs is higher than you might think.

 

Nothing makes you love a new game like getting slaughtered over and over by obvious statpadders am i right?

 

The pont I was making was that what a newbie sees is quite different from what a non-newbie sees at those tiers.



Tyrgrim #9 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View Postjabster, on 28 July 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

 

The pont I was making was that what a newbie sees is quite different from what a non-newbie sees at those tiers.

 

I would not be so sure it actually works like it was intended. Especially when some people get new accounts and do this. At least thats what i am seeing, meeting the same people with less than 2k matches over and over. Not on high time, but still. I am not impressed.

jabster #10 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTyrgrim, on 28 July 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

 

I would not be so sure it actually works like it was intended. Especially when some people get new accounts and do this. At least thats what i am seeing, meeting the same people with less than 2k matches over and over. Not on high time, but still. I am not impressed.

 

Again that's not what I'm saying. The point I was making is that that you as a non-newbie, more than 2,500 battles, don't get to see all the battles which only contain newbies. 

Tyrgrim #11 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View Postjabster, on 28 July 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

 

Again that's not what I'm saying. The point I was making is that that you as a non-newbie, more than 2,500 battles, don't get to see all the battles which only contain newbies. 

 

Yes i do. I did check it,as i pointed out earlier.

Just bring up your team list and type a players name in to some stat-site and check it. Like i said the T2 and T3 games have so few players that its not uncommon to meet the same players over and over. The game is not as popular among new players as it was in 2013. And i dont see the sealclubbers helping with new players experience.

 

Would you have fun in SG2 if you happend to get 5 gold-diamond league players in a row? Probably not. Blizzard on the other hand knows how to bring in costumers. Is it surprising they have several games in the top 10 list of online games?

 

I remember this game in 2013, it was alot more noob friendly. And it all came down to balance, no noob protection was needed.



jabster #12 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTyrgrim, on 28 July 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

 

Yes i do. I did check it,as i pointed out earlier.

Just bring up your team list and type a players name in to some stat-site and check it. Like i said the T2 and T3 games have so few players that its not uncommon to meet the same players over and over. The game is not as popular among new players as it was in 2013. And i dont see the sealclubbers helping with new players experience.

 

Would you have fun in SG2 if you happend to get 5 gold-diamond league players in a row? Probably not. Blizzard on the other hand knows how to bring in costumers. Is it surprising they have several games in the top 10 list of online games?

 

I remember this game in 2013, it was alot more noob friendly. And it all came down to balance, no noob protection was needed.

 

Again that's not what I'm saying. If you're playing on the same account you're posting from the you don't get to see the newbie only battles so checking the team rooster doesn't mean anything.

Tyrgrim #13 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View Postjabster, on 28 July 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

 

Again that's not what I'm saying. If you're playing on the same account you're posting from the you don't get to see the newbie only battles so checking the team rooster doesn't mean anything.

 

What is it your not understanding, seriously?

I checked. Hard to understand? Few players = newbs with experienced players, = not working.



Danny_Zuko #14 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20185 battles
  • 88
  • Member since:
    10-28-2013

I can confirm what Tyrgrim is saying as I have a friend who just started playing 2 weeks ago and when I went to visit him he said there were a number of players in certain tanks dominating games.

So I showed him how to check players service records after the battles and we found there are players with 10-60k battles being put with total beginners in tiers 2-3

One guy had 28k battles in a PZS35.

I think something is a bit crook with the whole MM.



Crow_Eschatologist #15 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23021 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    08-13-2012

Cruiser MkII derp, fair, fun, engaging and guaranteed to relieve stress :trollface: 

 

p.s. And even funnier for PzII Jelly HEAT 1-shots :justwait:



jabster #16 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTyrgrim, on 28 July 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

 

What is it your not understanding, seriously?

I checked. Hard to understand? Few players = newbs with experienced players, = not working.

 

Because that's how the system works. It doesn't say that newbies and non-newbies won't have battles together it says that it's biased towards creating newbie only battles. As a non-newbie you don't get to see those battles so all you're checking is that yes indeed it does create mixed battles. You can't check that it creates newbie only battles unless you are yourself a newbie which your battles played says you're not.

 

If there are less players available will a newbie get into more mixed battles, probably but again you need to be a newbie to see that.



jabster #17 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,705
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostDanny_Zuko, on 28 July 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

I can confirm what Tyrgrim is saying as I have a friend who just started playing 2 weeks ago and when I went to visit him he said there were a number of players in certain tanks dominating games.

So I showed him how to check players service records after the battles and we found there are players with 10-60k battles being put with total beginners in tiers 2-3

One guy had 28k battles in a PZS35.

I think something is a bit crook with the whole MM.

 

Yes and as already said that's how the system would seem to work, at least when I used a newbie account and XVM to record the results. Newbie protection is not an absolute but instead a bias.

Edited by jabster, 28 July 2017 - 08:03 AM.


qpranger #18 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30722 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostAnkara_Aatu, on 27 July 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

The Luchs is ridiculously OP, and should be nerfed (if WG cared about low tier balance). 

 

They would nerf it if it was tier 8, but tier 4 ... who cares :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users