Jump to content


Lights are on, but nobody's home


  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

DracheimFlug #1 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

Why do so many light players either hide in the back or dive into the nearest city?

 

'Whee! We have mobility and view range, how best should we use these? I know! Lets find a part of the map where our advantages are least useful! YEAH!'

 

Seriously, any players who do this able to shed some, er, light on why they do so?



clixor #2 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51483 battles
  • 3,058
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 July 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Why do so many light players either hide in the back or dive into the nearest city?

 

'Whee! We have mobility and view range, how best should we use these? I know! Lets find a part of the map where our advantages are least useful! YEAH!'

 

Seriously, any players who do this able to shed some, er, light on why they do so?

 

Bolded the important part, you have to know the maps pretty good to make lights work. And a lot of players don't. So they either get one/two shot by 'invisable haxxors' (who are at the same places each and every battle), or they camp. 

 

Also you can't take for granted everybody is playing with excellent crew-skills, i'm sure there are light players without SS.



lord_chipmonk #3 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33952 battles
  • 10,251
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

Because a lot of these players only got the lights as they were the new thing and haven't got the faintest idea about some of the basic concepts of the game, so they do the same thing in every single tank, so take their LTTB to the same spot they'd take their IS-3 and do the same thing, regardless of the fact that this is a moronic idea and then when they die they just jump into another battle without first engaging their brain to try and work out what went wrong?

 

Just a guess. 



thestaggy #4 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14906 battles
  • 1,939
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 July 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Why do so many light players either hide in the back or dive into the nearest city?

 

'Whee! We have mobility and view range, how best should we use these? I know! Lets find a part of the map where our advantages are least useful! YEAH!'

 

Seriously, any players who do this able to shed some, er, light on why they do so?

 

So much easier to pad stats in lights now, so people just tend to play them as damage dealers now. Scouting is secondary.



DracheimFlug #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postthestaggy, on 28 July 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

So much easier to pad stats in lights now, so people just tend to play them as damage dealers now. Scouting is secondary.

 

I am not talking about not scouting. Crippling their mobility (by camping in the back or by diving into a city) limits their guns too. 

PUNISHER989_EU #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4075 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 28 July 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Because a lot of these players only got the lights as they were the new thing and haven't got the faintest idea about some of the basic concepts of the game, so they do the same thing in every single tank, so take their LTTB to the same spot they'd take their IS-3 and do the same thing, regardless of the fact that this is a moronic idea and then when they die they just jump into another battle without first engaging their brain to try and work out what went wrong?

 

Just a guess. 

 

Ya you kinda nailed it there, its just ignorance or players truly bad

Frostilicus #7 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

    Major

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • 2,869
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
I'd put it down to a severe case of people are people, expect the worst of everyone, then be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen :)

DracheimFlug #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
Even to the extent people are people, why even play lights then? Why spend your time working on a line that you are not going to play any differently than any other line?

Frostilicus #9 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

    Major

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • 2,869
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
that's exactly the point, we may never know - don't hurt your head thinking about these things, some mysteries are best left alone :)

DracheimFlug #10 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostFrostilicus, on 28 July 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

that's exactly the point, we may never know - don't hurt your head thinking about these things, some mysteries are best left alone :)

 

My head thinks about these things whether I want it to or not :hiding:

theSwedishTankDriver #11 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24291 battles
  • 952
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013
  1. They are just bad.
  2. They are good and realise that the maps suck, so they have to play for damage.
  3. ARTAAAAAAAAAAAA


JuliusCheddar #12 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29747 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Even more astonishing event, heavies going field on city map with 3 arties present

qpranger #13 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32512 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
When I see that nearby team mates ignore the enemies spotted by me, I don't bother anymore and just do my own thing. 

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 28 July 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Even more astonishing event, heavies going field on city map with 3 arties present

 

Yeah, that is hard to explain too, lol.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postqpranger, on 28 July 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

When I see that nearby team mates ignore the enemies spotted by me, I don't bother anymore and just do my own thing. 

 

And this is different from your normal play how? Do you normally do someone else's thing? Whose, exactly? :unsure:

qpranger #16 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32512 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 July 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

And this is different from your normal play how? Do you normally do someone else's thing? Whose, exactly? :unsure:

 

At first I always try to play for the common good.

Crow_Eschatologist #17 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23096 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    08-13-2012

View Postqpranger, on 28 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

 

At first I always try to play for the common good.

 

Don't do that. You'll only get taken advantage of - at best.

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postqpranger, on 28 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

 

At first I always try to play for the common good.

 

The House of Commons thanks you for your loyalty and dedication. :honoring:

 

View PostCrow_Eschatologist, on 28 July 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

 

Don't do that. You'll only get taken advantage of - at best.

 

Exactly! ;)



hjorte #19 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14022 battles
  • 150
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

Lights are blamed for numerous issues with this game, ranging from other players incompetence, other players current mental state or level of medication, to poor map design. If the enemy is smart and uses smart strategy, the lights are blamed for that too. They are constantly given orders or receives insults in game chat and post battle chat. They have to light up the enemy, but stay alive. Within 10 seconds of spawn, the first orders ticks in, your team mates expecting the entire enemy team to be perma-spotted at this point. Skorpion G: -Don't camp bush - do something! You know what? I will just shoot you once, so you know I mean business (removing 50% of the scouts health). If the entire team goes town and leaves the other flank empty, the lights are blamed for the fatal outcome of that too. I could go on.

 

Not all light players are unicoms and knows exactly what the best move is. Not all light player knows how to quickly read the battle and react. But they must. Even when enemy medium tanks have better view range than your light tank(s).



ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Because sometimes the 'light tank area' are completely useless. Like.

South spawn on Ruinberg when enemy has more medium tanks.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users