Ru 251 almost full HESH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #1 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Has anyone experimented with this? I've been running my Ru with 30 HESH and 11 HEAT rounds recently, firing HESH as standard, with vents/optics/VStab as equipment. Even if I don't penetrate, I will often crit a target, tracking them in the process or taking out other modules. For example, I can hit the UFP of a Tiger II and take off its tracks with an autoaimed shot. The lack of needing to aim means I can focus more on staying mobile and alive. I've been able to rack up insane assistance damage this way, and paper targets get a very unpleasant surprise (**** Skorpions).

And yeah I know it's technically not HESH ammo but you get my point.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 28 July 2017 - 11:59 AM.

hjorte #2 Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14022 battles
How about adding Deadeye to maximize the impact?

PointZero #3 Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43438 battles

View Posthjorte, on 28 July 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

How about adding Deadeye to maximize the impact?

"The Deadeye Perk enables the Gunner to increase, by a fixed amount of 3%, the chance that a shot will critically damage enemy vehicle modules and crew with AP, APCR and HEAT shells. It does not work with HE shells."

View PostTr0gledyte, on 28 July 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Has anyone experimented with this? I've been running my Ru with 30 HESH and 11 HEAT rounds recently, firing HESH as standard, with vents/optics/VStab as equipment. Even if I don't penetrate, I will often crit a target, tracking them in the process or taking out other modules. For example, I can hit the UFP of a Tiger II and take off its tracks with an autoaimed shot. The lack of needing to aim means I can focus more on staying mobile and alive. I've been able to rack up insane assistance damage this way, and paper targets get a very unpleasant surprise (**** Skorpions).

And yeah I know it's technically not HESH ammo but you get my point.

My loadout has been for a while 26 APCR, 4 HEAT, 11 HE where I'll load HE first to counter/scare away any enemy scouts I might encounter in my first active spotting run. Dead crew/modules or getting tracked is a great deterrent against people who might want to yolo over a ridge and chace after you. Depending on the amount of spots I can get I will eventually try and flank with the mediums where the APCR comes more handy while switching back to HE if I spot Skorpions/waffles etc lurking around the enemy base.

Edited by PointZero, 28 July 2017 - 01:49 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #4 Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostPointZero, on 28 July 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

"The Deadeye Perk enables the Gunner to increase, by a fixed amount of 3%, the chance that a shot will critically damage enemy vehicle modules and crew with AP, APCR and HEAT shells. It does not work with HE shells."

My loadout has been for a while 26 APCR, 4 HEAT, 11 HE where I'll load HE first to counter/scare away any enemy scouts I might encounter in my first active spotting run. Dead crew/modules or getting tracked is a great deterrent against people who might want to yolo over a ridge and chace after you. Depending on the amount of spots I can get I will eventually try and flank with the mediums where the APCR comes more handy while switching back to HE if I spot Skorpions/waffles etc lurking around the enemy base.

Try going full HESH, only loading HEAT for certain enemies. I think the results will surprise you. At first I thought it was a gimmick but the Ru really is playable this way, you won't carry teams but it's extremely useful as support on a lot of maps. Pretty much every enemy you snipe will get tracked in place, possibly lose some other modules (aim for the gun!) and there are actually a lot of enemies you can pen.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 28 July 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61542 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 28 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Try going full HESH, only loading HEAT for certain enemies. I think the results will surprise you.

Isnt that the same gun and stats on the blackdog ? Would be even more fun a tier lower.

Aikl #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Interesting idea, I can imagine it works fairly well against many light tanks as well.

Been somewhat successful in loading a fair bit of HE in my Type 62 (30/5/12), typically even a non-pen on most light tanks will deal ~100, plus tracking them in the process. Skorp G and CDCs, on the other hand, cry every tiem. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users