Jump to content


Thank you for the "realistic" damage, WG!


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

rado84 #1 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18541 battles
  • 295
  • [BGSF] BGSF
  • Member since:
    08-23-2012

152mm gun with direct hit on full health tanks deals this damage! Considering these thick guns used to be ships' guns before and during WW2, that's a very realistic damage, so, thank you very much, WG, for making the game so much fun for me to play that such damage makes me look at other games more and more often...

 



JuliusCheddar #2 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27941 battles
  • 564
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

IKR, when soldiers in navy saw a 150mm gun they screamed OH MY GOD, ISN'T THAT 910 DAMAGE COMING? 

Also, stop playing arty 



Swoopie #3 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27994 battles
  • 2,526
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    01-15-2011
That is still 6 damage too much.

Unforgiving_Destiny #4 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48344 battles
  • 489
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
Play normal tanks with 152mm gun and you will do more damage.

qpranger #5 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30682 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
OP, if you cannot do well in powerful rasha arta, where can you do well?

rado84 #6 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18541 battles
  • 295
  • [BGSF] BGSF
  • Member since:
    08-23-2012

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 28 July 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

IKR, when soldiers in navy saw a 150mm gun they screamed OH MY GOD, ISN'T THAT 910 DAMAGE COMING? 

Also, stop playing arty 

 

The person who's gonna tell me which vehicle to play with wasn't born yet! If you don't like arty, stop camping!

HundeWurst #7 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 67549 battles
  • 4,160
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012
So how many HP do real life ships and tanks have?

Keyhand #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 57351 battles
  • 4,510
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
around 69

Balc0ra #9 Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62747 battles
  • 14,348
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
1 nd 5? Even with the nerfed HE pen that's not even "easy" to do unless you hit modules. As in the tip of their barrels head on etc.

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
According to old M4 Sherman veterans, they knew they could take 1 penetrating hit from a Tiger I, but their tank would probably get knocked out by the 2nd coming 5.6 seconds later. So they had those 5.6 seconds to get around the Tiger and pen him.

Some eve loaded CHeat ammo when they used the 105mm gun, which did ~400 dmg. So they only needed 4 penning hits to kill a Tiger I.

laulaur #11 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46450 battles
  • 986
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

According to old M4 Sherman veterans, they knew they could take 1 penetrating hit from a Tiger I, but their tank would probably get knocked out by the 2nd coming 5.6 seconds later. So they had those 5.6 seconds to get around the Tiger and pen him.

Some eve loaded CHeat ammo when they used the 105mm gun, which did ~400 dmg. So they only needed 4 penning hits to kill a Tiger I.

 

So the americans shot gold in WW2 ??

 No skill gold spamming wallet warriors.... pls report :trollface:

 



Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 6959 battles
  • 3,457
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
Yeah, spaced armour sure is amazing, isn't it?

Matcorr #13 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22510 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    04-24-2013
Just stop playing arty, it's not worth it, you have to be really lucky just to oneshot other SPGs, it's ridiculous.

malachi6 #14 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48570 battles
  • 3,081
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

You honestly think a real HE shell dispersing shrapnel  is going to do anything to a tank if it does not directly hit it?

 

 You realise why tanks were built right?  To mitigate artillery fire.  The light shields around most SPG's are to protect against shell fragments.  That is how little protection is needed to protect form arty splash.  In reality.


Edited by malachi6, 28 July 2017 - 10:46 PM.


DracheimFlug #15 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8920 battles
  • 3,694
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postmalachi6, on 28 July 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

You honestly think a real HE shell dispersing shrapnel  is going to do anything to a tank if it does not directly hit it?

 

 You realise why tanks were built right?  To mitigate artillery fire.  The light shields around most SPG's are to protect against shell fragments.  That is how little protection is needed to protect form arty splash.  In reality.

 

Tanks were not built to mitigate artillery fire. No WWI era tank (the first tanks) could have withstood even shrapnel. They were ok against small arms, but not much better. The main purpose was to be an all terrain vehicle capable of advancing into and across no man's land. That mostly meant resisting small arms.

 

And just because arty has light armour against shell fragments does not mean that said armour was sufficient for that purpose. The western allies were convinced that artillery was completely useless against armour, distrusting Soviet reports to the contrary and dismissing them as propaganda. It was not until well after the war that they tested it and found otherwise. Shrapnel from artillery was easily able to penetrate lighter armoured tanks such as a Chaffee. They concluded that even tanks that would have been otherwise driveable after such a near miss would have dead crews.

 

And the OP is talking about a direct hit. A direct hit could destroy even decently armoured tanks. Not merely cripple but smash them open.



Suurpolskija #16 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16443 battles
  • 1,164
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I shot a kv4 with mah good ole Hummel for 0 and 14 dmg. Dead on hits on the ufp.

M'kay. Stronk.

Edited by Suurpolskija, 28 July 2017 - 11:30 PM.


IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35597 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
In real life the Type 5 would do 1,000,000 hp of damage with its premium ammo. So the game version is actually UP.

Mike_Mckay #18 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16593 battles
  • 998
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015
I don't know if that's really "that" bad tbh, whats really nuts is when you peek a few inches over the crest of a hill, get hit in the cupola and are tracked and have your engine damaged


That's taking a concept like RNG jacking it up on LSD and waiting till its hallucinating before allowing it to decide what the result of a penetrating shot should be

ZlatanArKung #19 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 29 July 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

In real life the Type 5 would do 1,000,000 hp of damage with its premium ammo. So the game version is actually UP.

 

According to a tissue Hitler had while his time in prison.

He claimed that the Tiger II would have 965 642 352 hp.

But apparently the Committee for Balanced Tank Combat, it would be unbalanced and they decided to introduce a global HPS calculator all nations where forced to use in order to create order within the tanking industry.

Hitler was of course furious and this is what ignited his will to take over France where he believed the founders lived.  



Mike_Mckay #20 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16593 battles
  • 998
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 July 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

 

According to a tissue Hitler had while his time in prison.

He claimed that the Tiger II would have 965 642 352 hp.

But apparently the Committee for Balanced Tank Combat, it would be unbalanced and they decided to introduce a global HPS calculator all nations where forced to use in order to create order within the tanking industry.

Hitler was of course furious and this is what ignited his will to take over France where he believed the founders lived.

 

I wondered what they used to create the Maus stats :D




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users