• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

I_DiD_ #1 Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1462 battles
  • [PGGY] PGGY

Ok, now this is way to stupid !  

6,6k damage, 2192 base exp in Lowe, and i got 190k with SH bonus wtf WG? 

Its just me or they nerfed a lot the credit earn?

Balc0ra #2 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's not a flat credit payout pr damage point. It's rather situational. And the more damage you do, the bigger the difference can be between games, as assists steals 50% of it. Even if you brawl in a group at close range, there is always one that can steal some credits by getting assists from you. Nor has XP anything to do with it. So no point bragging about that.

I've played like 10 games in my Lowe the past 3 years. So not really much to compare it to recently. But my more commonly used tier 8's atm is more or less the same give or take as last year according to some of my old replays and screens vs even one I had today with 3K.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 July 2017 - 11:03 PM.

Homer_J #3 Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 July 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

It's not a flat credit payout pr damage point. 

It is though.

But.

View PostI_DiD_, on 28 July 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

Its just me 

Yes.

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
The credit payouts seem to have shrunk in the year or so since I started playing

What I don't think is right either with the way its balanced is the difference between winning and losing teams

I've had some of my best games but where I was on the losing team with quite high damage, a decent amount of penetrating shots and in some cases 4 or 5 kills only to look at the stats and see the lower tanks on the winning team with no damage, no kills, no assisted damage and in some cases no distance travelled earning 2 and even 3 times the silver and base XP I got for the game

Although I agree that the winning team should get more for the same damage and kill values than the losing team as a win bonus I don't agree that the disparity should be anywhere near as much as it is. In some games I have seen winning team players with zeros across the board get more XP than the top player on the losing team with several kills and a healthy amount of damage done under their belt which is just ridiculous

Realistically the top players on the losing teams XP should overlap with the XP on the winning team I reckon, maybe something like if a player on each team does the exact same things, same shots, same damage, same assisted etc etc etc the winning player should only be getting 24-50% more base XP and silver whereas in some games there seems to be several hundred percent difference which is ridiculous especially for the zero contribution players who will often get more XP than players on the losing team who had a moderately decent game and did actually do "something"

Matcorr #5 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles
I think they need to rethink how credit earnings work, you can play really well, like 10x as much damage as anyone on your team and still lose and then you get crapon in the credit earnings. They put too much on winning the game when most of the time it's impossible. It's the same with Top of the Tree, I completely gave up on it because no matter how well I played I could not win. Just make it so you have to be in the top 10 in exp across both teams instead of having to win aswell, or something like that. In a game with 14 other players on your team deciding if you win or lose they put too much emphasis on winning rather than playing well. I thought Dota 2 was bad and that's only 5v5 and I gave up on that completely after 3200 hours played, only do bot games now because they're so much more fun than dealing with complete morons messing up a game on purpose.

RamRaid90 #6 Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21432 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Credits earned now are the same as they were in patch 9.0. I proved this in another thread yesterday.

Noo_Noo #7 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21646 battles

Lowe is one of the few tanks I've seen recently that has marginally improved stats in the recent patch. Average damage is down though which is typical of what has happened since 9:18 and 9:19

Most others have had a credit drop recently due to MM and buffs etc. 

http://www.vbaddict..../heavy/lowe-212

light84 #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15027 battles

Is WOT a free to play game? I'm starting to feel that without investing a serious amount of money each month there is no chance to be competitive and enjoy tier X tanks. How is possible in a tier X match to give 3929 damage, to win the battle, be the second rank at damage from both team, escape with the tank in one piece with half HP, playing with standard amo , and the credits received are -815. 
Is it possible to play tier X matches and not loosing credits (at least when it's a win)?

WARGAMING support guy response:

Thank you for contacting us and taking the time to write us your feedback. We always appreciate this, as we want to give our players the best experience from playing our games.

I would highly advise you to give our developers this constructive feedback on our forum, as our developers look into it and actually can take into account the best of the opinions. Remember, the more the issue is touched upon, the bigger the chance is that they just might do something about it:

<http://forum.worldof...ame-discussion/ >

I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

John Smith

Wargaming.net Customer Service Representative

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21432 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postlight84, on 03 August 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Is WOT a free to play game? I'm starting to feel that without investing a serious amount of money each month there is no chance to be competitive and enjoy tier X tanks. How is possible in a tier X match to give 3929 damage, to win the battle, be the second rank at damage from both team, escape with the tank in one piece with half HP, playing with standard amo , and the credits received are -815. 

It is only possible if you wasted a lot of ammo by missing a lot of shells.

Other than that, it isn't possible. So i call bull crap.

Zorbiitti #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19382 battles
Just got 116k in maus and it was a defeat. Yes I run food in it, profit was like 60-70k, don't remember correctly.

So no idea 'bout earnings. But, in close combat, always track those bastards so you make little extra..

Keyhand #11 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61367 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Replay?

Edit: also, what tier is your boost building?

Edited by Keyhand, 03 August 2017 - 08:20 PM.

Aikl #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlight84, on 03 August 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Is it possible to play tier X matches and not loosing credits (at least when it's a win)?

(...)

It's a good idea to censor the name of the employee, unless you did that already.

First off, it's not like 'free to play' implies that you can enjoy every aspect of the game without limitations. Spending money is a way to minimize/eliminate the limitations, namely grinding credits at T5/6 - the idea is to populate these tiers. If most people could play T10 endlessly, you'd have a ton of people complaining about all-T10 battles (while I understand their point, it makes little sense to complain about it).

Frankly, if you could earn credits by playing T10, winning and dealing roughly your own HP in damage (if that), there would be minimal incentive to pay for premium account or vehicles for roughly half of the playerbase. I could argue that playing consistently really crappy should come at a cost in terms of credits (which would go towards the ones doing well) - but there are already enough T10 tanks around to break T8 MM and forcing the introduction of T10-specific gamemodes to keep them away from T8s.

Last, but not least, I get that some people are proud that they don't spend a dime on pixels, but I don't get why the same people are complaining about it. It's like being proud of saving money and complaining that your crisp bread taste bland.

It's €10/month for, in your case, playing 25 hours a month. Name one source of (arguably) good entertainment or other luxury that costs less than €0,40 per hour (and €0,33 per day). :rolleyes:

As for the 'paying for pixels' argument, I'd rather pay for pixels than something that literally gets turned into feces in the matter of 24 hours (at least the KV-5 took about three years to become crap). 

Edited by Aikl, 03 August 2017 - 08:33 PM.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I don't think its as simple as paying/not paying, like the earlier player has noted I DO use a premium account and have had games where I have been in the top 5 damage dealers of both teams racked up several kills and had high hit rates and pens along with not using skill rounds and still got less than players on the winning team who did no damage, no spotting and obviously got no kills

The argument (for many at least) is that silver and XP shouldn't be so heavily stacked to the winning team because as we often see many people ON that winning team contributed nothing whatsoever to the win to begin with. So the idea that they will still get more than a player who in many cases did better than most and in some cases ALL of the winning team is a complete joke

​There should be some degree of overlap on both silver and XP where just winning alone doesn't have as big an impact on the pay outs as damage done, assisted and kills does

​and to be completely honest, why does someone who did absolutely nothing in a game whatsoever get anything different regardless of whether they were on the winning or losing time? Someone with zeros across the board should get the same payout whichever team they are on. That alone would be likely to make many people put at least "some" effort into a game. Although that will still be offset with crap matchmaking like we have now where you would have to be an idiot to waste time on a game that is a complete forgone conclusion in the other teams favour before a single shot has been fired if you are running PRs

​In those instances I fully understand someone just driving straight down the middle of the battlefield to get killed as soon as possible so they can get to the next game rather than wasting PR time on a game with crap matchmaking balance and I have no problem admitting I have done it myself several times when the enemy team has had several purples, several greens and then mostly oranges and yellows whilst my team has had nothing but oranges and reds

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 03 August 2017 - 09:22 PM.

HunterXHunter8 #14 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33424 battles
wg has recently admitted that credit earning are off and they will look into them. 

Sfinski #15 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31704 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostHunterXHunter8, on 03 August 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

wg has recently admitted that credit earning are off and they will look into them. 

Link?

HunterXHunter8 #16 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33424 battles

View PostSfinski, on 03 August 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Link?

dont have it on me but it was on rita's blog, you'll have search for articles in the past 1-2 month range. 

Sfinski #17 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31704 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostHunterXHunter8, on 03 August 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

dont have it on me but it was on rita's blog, you'll have search for articles in the past 1-2 month range. 

Probably the one where they said Ranked battles had problem with economy. Haven't seen anything else about credits been said.

Emeraldweed #18 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10427 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Credit earning is the same, it's your need to shoot gold  on superheavies-op premiums and the  t8 broken matchmaking, 

Being botom tier  ( mostly for t8) -> shoot more gold and or do less dmg = less credits 

Funny enough i get more credits as t7 - t9 than t8 atm 

Aikl #19 Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 03 August 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's obvious that you lack any kind of competitive spirit if you aren't even willing to try to win games. That alone makes you as much as a problem as the players you're complaining about.

Oh, and, I looked up your stats. While it's not entirely called for, I got a bit suspicious.

Turns out, you're exactly the kind of player you complain about getting on your team. Your winrate suggests that you do very little to no actual contribution to a battle.

Your average damage is better than what the winrate suggests, which together with average vehicles spotted tells me that you're essentially redline sniping a lot. Your complaints support this, you're feeling that you do allright in many lost games because you're one of the last tanks on the field (and such do a fair amount of damage) and should be rewarded for it. 

Now, sod off.

(I don't care if people aren't very good at the game, but this is just the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.)

Edited by Aikl, 04 August 2017 - 11:09 AM.

ExclamationMark #20 Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View Postlight84, on 03 August 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

WARGAMING support guy response:

Thank you for contacting us and taking the time to write us your feedback. We always appreciate this, as we want to give our players the best experience from playing our games.

I would highly advise you to give our developers this constructive feedback on our forum, as our developers look into it and actually can take into account the best of the opinions. Remember, the more the issue is touched upon, the bigger the chance is that they just might do something about it:

<http://forum.worldof...ame-discussion/ >

I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

John Smith

Wargaming.net Customer Service Representative

REEEE, I CAN'T PLAY END-GAME TANKS WITHOUT MAKING A LOSS

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users