Personal missions will I still be able to do the arty ones?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

So far I have completed all of the medium and heavy tank personal missions on the first set with honours, all but the last three light tank ones with honours and have just the last TD mission to go to complete the TD missions

Firstly someone said that you didn't have to do ALL the missions with honours to not have to do the arty ones, just the last ones in each set is that true?

Secondly, if I did whatever is required, either all of the LT, MT, HT and TD missions with honours or the last ones with honours would I still be able to work through the arty ones or do they become locked and you get booted onto the next set?

Just curious as I have barely touched any of my arty lines and have yet to complete a single arty mission as a result, but I would still like to plod my way through them for the rewards you can earn along the way. So if completing the other four sets removes that option then I will have to delay completing whatever is required whilst I crawl up the arty lines

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60787 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Correct. You only need to do mission 15 with honors to be able to skip one set.

And the arty missions will still be available. They always will be.

EggyTheGumGumChewer #3 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16312 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

You only have to do XX-15 with honours in order to get the extra token. Each completed XX-15 mission will give you 4 tokens, and if you complete it with honours you will get 1 token extra. In total you need 20 tokens, so that's either all XX-15 missions without honours, or 4x XX-15 missions with honours.

You will always be able to play the missions that you have not yet completed. Unlocking the next set will only give you more missions to choose from.

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 28 July 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

Correct. You only need to do mission 15 with honors to be able to skip one set.

And the arty missions will still be available. They always will be.

That's cool then cheers

I still plan to do all the missions in the other 4 with honours probably as I have some kind of OCD that's never been diagnosed lol, but just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose the chance to also do the arty ones if I met the criteria for earning the extra substandard positive discrimination hire soldier from the other four :)

Jumping_Turtle #5 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60787 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

That's cool then cheers

I still plan to do all the missions in the other 4 with honours probably as I have some kind of OCD that's never been diagnosed lol, but just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose the chance to also do the arty ones if I met the criteria for earning the extra substandard positive discrimination hire soldier from the other four :)

But you dont need to. You can always go back and do the honors later. You can go and improve any mission you want no matter where you are in the progress.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 28 July 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

But you dont need to. You can always go back and do the honors later. You can go and improve any mission you want no matter where you are in the progress.

Well that's sort of what I did so far, as I wanted the female crew members I just plodded through the medium and heavy tank ones till I did 15 then went back to do the honours. With light tanks which I hate playing almost as much as arty I got stuck on LT13, so I did the honours while I was waiting to feel like trying to do the rest.

But I just did want to risk doing all of the 15 missions with honours if that then locked out the first set and meant I could only work on the second set hence the thread to find out for sure

hson_hson #7 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6487 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 July 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Not completely true.

I have completed SPG-15 with honors and now I can't go back and try to complete any of 1-14 which I haven't completed with honors.

I just get a error message something like "unable to activate,please claim your reward"

PointZero #8 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42891 battles

View Posthson_hson, on 29 July 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Not completely true.

I have completed SPG-15 with honors and now I can't go back and try to complete any of 1-14 which I haven't completed with honors.

I just get a error message something like "unable to activate,please claim your reward"

Once you claim your reward, aka decide where you want the Girl crewmember, they become unlocked again.

clixor #9 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 50972 battles

View PostPointZero, on 29 July 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Once you claim your reward, aka decide where you want the Girl crewmember, they become unlocked again.

Which always struck me as bad.. Why do you have to decide there and then which tank/line/nation it goes into ?? (mostly the latter nowadays as you can reset tank/class but still). 

Plasma_Fire #10 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles
I didnt start them until after the arty nerf and had no problem at all completing the missions in arty.
In fact I would say mission 15 was the easiest to complete of all. The game I did it in everybody else performed so badly I had no choice but it pass it.
Unfortunatly I did not pass with honours so I didnt get the extra comendation point but as I intend on doing all it makes no never mind.

PointZero #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42891 battles

View Postclixor, on 29 July 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Which always struck me as bad.. Why do you have to decide there and then which tank/line/nation it goes into ?? (mostly the latter nowadays as you can reset tank/class but still).

Well the game does require quite a bit of forward planning if you don't want to waste your time. What line do I want play next? Do I want to play it all the way through or is the common agreement that the line turns bad after tier 8? What horrible stock grinds does that line hold and how much free xp do I need to have to skip grinding those modules? What do I spend my credits on? Is there a sale coming up? etc.

Usually when I'm playing up a line I find a couple of tanks I enjoyed playing so I decided to keep those. If I enjoy playing Cromwell so much that I decide to dedicate a girl crew in it I know exactly where the next 4 girls will end up going after my initial decicion so to me "having to claim the reward" has never been an issue. In fact it should be even easier now that BIA and SOS work together so to get the most out of your girls you should recruit most/all of them as commanders.

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostPointZero, on 29 July 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Well the game does require quite a bit of forward planning if you don't want to waste your time. What line do I want play next? Do I want to play it all the way through or is the common agreement that the line turns bad after tier 8? What horrible stock grinds does that line hold and how much free xp do I need to have to skip grinding those modules? What do I spend my credits on? Is there a sale coming up? etc.

Usually when I'm playing up a line I find a couple of tanks I enjoyed playing so I decided to keep those. If I enjoy playing Cromwell so much that I decide to dedicate a girl crew in it I know exactly where the next 4 girls will end up going after my initial decicion so to me "having to claim the reward" has never been an issue. In fact it should be even easier now that BIA and SOS work together so to get the most out of your girls you should recruit most/all of them as commanders.

​Now that the diversity hire crew members sisters of grumpiness skill works with the brothers in arms skill I don't think it makes as much sense to have all girl crews tbh

​As the commander will generally benefit from having more skills than the other members of a crew due to sixth sense and some other key commander skills plus all the standard ones I started just adding a female commander to crews and when I have finished training up some of the zero skill BIA crews I got with the tiger 131s I bought I will be retraining some of those to be commanders in crews so they will train quicker than the other members and on some of the others I will keep all the important crew members as a zero skill BIA crew member but swap out and retrain the radio operator to be a commander in another line or a tank I decide to keep

​I kind of regret giving my first two tier 8s which were the Swedish TD and heavy full female crews as that feels like 4 of the 6 are kind of wasted now. but at the time sisterhood of steel didn't work with BIA and although WG fixed that flaw it means I have kind of wasted at least 2 female crew members I could have placed in other nations as commanders

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 29 July 2017 - 11:15 AM.

PointZero #13 Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42891 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

​I kind of regret giving my first two tier 8s which were the Swedish TD and heavy full female crews as that feels like 4 of the 6 are kind of wasted now. but at the time sisterhood of steel didn't work with BIA and although WG fixed that flaw it means I have kind of wasted at least 2 female crew members I could have placed in other nations as commanders

It's not that big of a waste concidering that you could get 5 Girls with predetermined roles from the Holiday OP decoration missions and the tanks both have a crew of 3. More so when you've completed all the PM's before the change.

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostPointZero, on 29 July 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

It's not that big of a waste concidering that you could get 5 Girls with predetermined roles from the Holiday OP decoration missions and the tanks both have a crew of 3. More so when you've completed all the PM's before the change.

​Actually I think I have lost a female crew member somewhere lol

​I got all of the xmas ones, plus two from the personal missions. I have six in the Swedish lines and one in my Czech line as a commander. but didn't we get one for something else recently too?

PointZero #15 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42891 battles
So far you've been able to get 20 from Personal missions, 2 from Rampage/Steel Hunt and 5 from Holiday OP's.

Spurtung #16 Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 62602 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostPointZero, on 29 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well the game does require quite a bit of forward planning

It does.

But then they go and change the rules so BiA works with SoS, and those that planned ahead are now stuck with female radio operators and such...

Toni112007 #17 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9772 battles
I haven't even completed missions for Stug IV. Because I don't play spgs and light tanks.

TankkiPoju #18 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20080 battles

View PostToni112007, on 30 July 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

I haven't even completed missions for Stug IV. Because I don't play spgs and light tanks.

I recently got T-55A... haven't played a single game in arty.

The Object260 missions are pretty sweet because they give very nice credits.

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60787 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTankkiPoju, on 31 July 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I recently got T-55A... haven't played a single game in arty.

You do not mind missing out on three and later four girls ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users