My opinions on what some changes should be done to World of Tanks

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

BigloBot #1 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles
Hey, just wanna add my opinions to what they should do to the game to make it a better and more enjoyable experience to the player.

• Remove the derps from the Type 4 and Type 5 heavy and nerf armour to the amount already planned by WG. Tier 10s should not be a PURE RNG fest.
  • Nerf gun handling on Maus, it doesn't need pin point accuracy on the move without vertstabs and follow through on the other changes WG want to make to it
  • Either buff the turrets or buff the DPM of the french medium tanks - not both
  • Dont make another WT E100 with a french autoloader with a 2400 Clip potential
  • Nerf the following premiums; Patriot, Defender, Obj 252U, Skorpion.
  • Change the characteristics of the ChryslerK GF (make it profitable as u have to fire gold and so you don't have to gold spam the front of it so its armour then becomes useless)
  • Amx 50 100 doesn't need a buff - This in general is a problem. Tanks don't HAVE to be good on every single map. This results in crappy maps such as Paris as they try to make them "useful" to every tank class but it ends up being the same battle, which removes dynamic gameplay
  • Tier 10 is a massive money hole for non-premium tank players. Players should at least be able to break even on credits without a premium account.
  • Rethink Premium account - it's OP for a "Free to Play" game
  • Remove ranked battles and its currency. Improved equipment is idiotic cause who doesn't like making the best players better increasing skill gap, Yay!
  • Don't remove all climbs. This is a skill based activity. Remove the sacred valley climb of course - that's completely broken, but mines? They need some rework, but don't remove them as they add more dynamics and angles.
  • Add some old maps back into the game - the one's that weren't straight corridors.
  • Revert arty changes. This is going to be VERY controversial I would presume - but old arty was more enjoyable. Less shell spam around you and no stun. Fine if I got one shot. Also think about it, if they made maps less corridor based, then it would be harder for arty to preaim chokepoints as well as making more angles of attack and arty can then go back to being more of a Anti-camp Class
  • Acknowledge tanks like the AMX 50 100 are more of a team tank than a random tank in the regards that in randoms it isn't the best, but that is okay! No need to buff them so they're even better than they have to be
  • Either change the blackdog to tier 9 or completely rethink the high tier tanks. This is idiotic, having a tier 9 tank at tier 8 while having tier 7 tanks at tier 8 - Logic?
  • Make T8 Light tanks more like the old RU251, and the T8 mediums more like the old T54LW, this would encourage more tanks to be used at tier 8 instead of the old T54LW/IS-3 Meta in SH/CW
  • Rethink the global map system to make it a more unique and more like it was in the past. Add tank locking back to tier 10, it makes it more useful to grind more tanks but if you want to make t8 more accessible don't add tanklocking here. Constantly shifting battles on a tier 10 front would be HIGHLY enjoyable.
  • MM is hating on tier 8 right now. Why are tier 8s ALWAYS having t10 if ur in a platoon? and RARELY are top tier even when on their own. This needs addressed.

These are just some of my opinions. Feel free to address any of the points I have made below or suggest more I have as I probably have missed some. I would love to hear other people's opinions too, and please don't start bickering as I only want constructive criticism to help make this game fun again :)

BigloBot #2 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles
One more thing, maybe add a suggest section to the forum?

ApexED #3 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9433 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
Good job for a bot!

leggasiini #4 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14152 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Copypasted list of my changes from Reddit. Wont bother to rewrite, too long.

Wall of text in spoiler, behold!

Spoiler

Edited by leggasiini, 29 July 2017 - 02:57 PM.

BKatt #5 Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32944 battles

Insta-gib from arty NO thank you! Theres already enough FVs and JGPZE100s.

Also in what way is premium account "OP" vs free to play? Thats the most retarded thing ive heard since women wanted votingrights. :girl:

BKatt #6 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32944 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 29 July 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Copypasted list of my changes from Reddit. Wont bother to rewrite, too long.

Wall of text in spoiler, behold!

Spoiler

The only thing i agree with on your list, is in the map section.

lord_chipmonk #7 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
You weren't kidding when you said wall of text...

SilentFear #8 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25359 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I do agree whit a lot of this - but some things are pure stupidity ...

I will touch only on things i dont agree.

Block Quote

Nerf the following premiums; Patriot, Defender, Obj 252U, Skorpion.

Skorpion needs nerf ? Care to elaborate ? Yes its the best medium at tier 8 - but thats more to do whit every medium at that tier been trash.

Block Quote

Rethink Premium account - it's OP for a "Free to Play" game

No thanks. If you dont want more OP premiums - then dont touch the one thing that makes WG the most money. Better if they focus on making the economy a bit more forgiving.

Changing premium ammo to a normal ammo price while reducing its damage - would be a good step in the direction.

Block Quote

• Remove ranked battles and its currency. Improved equipment is idiotic cause who doesn't like making the best players better increasing skill gap, Yay!

From what i have seen - it was not the best players or at the very least not that many that got to the top 10%. Mostly it was people whit loads of free time. Ranked battles dont need removing - needs rework. And arty should be removed from the mod.

Block Quote

Don't remove all climbs. This is a skill based activity. Remove the sacred valley climb of course - that's completely broken, but mines? They need some rework, but don't remove them as they add more dynamics and angles.

Skill based ? You joking right ? Its in 90% of the time a pure stupidity and some bot gets himself out of the battle. In the remaining 10% its annoying as hell. 

Block Quote

• Revert arty changes. This is going to be VERY controversial I would presume - but old arty was more enjoyable. Less shell spam around you and no stun. Fine if I got one shot. Also think about it, if they made maps less corridor based, then it would be harder for arty to preaim chokepoints as well as making more angles of attack and arty can then go back to being more of a Anti-camp Class

Yeah - how about HELL NO. The easy mod toys should have limited effect on the combat. Better yet just remove arty.

Block Quote

Either change the blackdog to tier 9 or completely rethink the high tier tanks. This is idiotic, having a tier 9 tank at tier 8 while having tier 7 tanks at tier 8 - Logic?

What are you on about ?

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #9 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

Nerf premiums tanks? This is not even legal so don't be stupid... and get old arty's back? I think i can speak on the behalf of most people and say..

..fk off.

I really doubt a player from QSF L knows what is good for this game...

oh and climbs aren't skill based at all, most climbs are straightforward for noobs and there is even mods out there that shows exactly what to do (heard about it yesterday and couldn't believe it, but it is true, i checked) oh and tier 10 doesn't sink money unless you are a try-hard in ranked battles, i have a friend that spent 20 euros in his entire life on this game after 31k battles, with like 20 tier10s, so the problem isn't with premium accounts, the problem is the players that suck too much and cant make profit at tier 10.. and yeah that might be ironic after looking at my name but that's just for troll.

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 29 July 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Spurtung #10 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBigloBot, on 29 July 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

• Nerf gun handling on Maus, it doesn't need pin point accuracy on the move without vertstabs and follow through on the other changes WG want to make to it
  • Nerf the following premiums; Patriot, Defender, Obj 252U, Skorpion.
  • Change the characteristics of the ChryslerK GF (make it profitable as u have to fire gold and so you don't have to gold spam the front of it so its armour then becomes useless)

I didn't even read all of your points, I got to the one about Chrysler K and went to check your account. I was not surprised.

Maus does not have a pinpoint accuracy, you'd know that if you had one. Its gun stabilization is a logical consequence of how a slow moving platform shouldn't affect the aim too much. I find the Obj. 140's accuracy on the move a lot more shocking, but since you have that one, got no comments?

Again, you ask to nerf all those premiums, of which you have exactly 0. However, you basically ask for a buff to the Chrysler. Big surprise, that one you got. So, how much of a hypocrite do you think you are? From 0 to Trump.

I'm curious about your opinion before the arty "nerf". I'm pretty sure you didn't think all was ok and just leave it as is.

Edited by Spurtung, 29 July 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Spurtung #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postleggasiini, on 29 July 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Arty

• Remove the entire class.
  • All of the equipment will be send into depot. The Arty gun rammers will be replaced with regular versions, depending on caliber size.
  • All crews will be send to the barracks and retrained 100% to tier 1 tank of that nation.
  • XP that was used to research modules or better arties will be partially refunded with free XP (not full amount, imagine people getting like 800k free XP per each arty line). XP gathered on elite arties that wasnt used to accelerate crew training will be moved to tier 1 tank of the nation.
  • Full gold refund from premium arties (Lefefefe and Sexton I)

I've been asking for this for a while. Despite being an arty player, I'm not against the removal of the class as a whole. The how is what concerns me.

I agree with the equipment.

I obviously can't agree with the crew "solution". If someone already has all the tanks they want, and therefore have no need for crews, that would basically create redundant crews, not to mention the skill set they have that could be tailored for arty and not work so well in other classes. If anything, erase the crews too and have each of the crew member's XP divided by 5 and added to the free XP pool (so when used to retrain others there's no loss or gain).

What you think should happen to the XP is laughable, at best. Someone spends time grinding the class that earns the least XP, get them removed and in the end can't even get back the full amount of XP earned? Yes, I can imagine someone getting 800k XP for each arty line, as that's what they got from playing it. I agree with solution for the XP that wasn't converted, though: if it wasn't used for training when the tank was elite, it shouldn't be converted for free.

Gold refund...I guess it's acceptable, even though the Lef was in a costly bundle. You forgot to mention the garage slots, as there's a possibility people won't have any use for the ones remaining, and should get an option for refunding those as well.

Frostilicus #12 Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Not sure why people bang their head on the Remove Arty wall - WG see it as an integral part of the game, but I suppose it's harmless enough :)

Great wall of text though, some very thought-provoking points - well done

BigloBot #13 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 29 July 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

I didn't even read all of your points, I got to the one about Chrysler K and went to check your account. I was not surprised.

Maus does not have a pinpoint accuracy, you'd know that if you had one. Its gun stabilization is a logical consequence of how a slow moving platform shouldn't affect the aim too much. I find the Obj. 140's accuracy on the move a lot more shocking, but since you have that one, got no comments?

Again, you ask to nerf all those premiums, of which you have exactly 0. However, you basically ask for a buff to the Chrysler. Big surprise, that one you got. So, how much of a hypocrite do you think you are? From 0 to Trump.

I'm curious about your opinion before the arty "nerf". I'm pretty sure you didn't think all was ok and just leave it as is.

• I did not say I wanted a Chrysler buff. Possibly a wrong choice of words, but It needed changed. I would call it overpowered, but gold shells make it not in comparison to a defender. It needs a rework is what I should have said.
  • My opinion before the arty "nerf" was that it was a nessicary evil. I disliked being one shot - but it helped in other areas in the game. When I first heard about the rework on the sandbox - was it a year ago? - I absolutely hated it.
  • As for the Maus, i'm not asking for it logically, as if that were the case I would ask for complete arty removal cause arty was NEVER used like this in history. This is for balancing.
  • My thoughts on the 140? It doesn't need buffed like WG are trying to do. It's idiotic, but I thought that wall of text was enough. Didn't want to blabber on for aeons. <3

BigloBot #14 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 29 July 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Nerf premiums tanks? This is not even legal so don't be stupid... and get old arty's back? I think i can speak on the behalf of most people and say..

..fk off.

I really doubt a player from QSF L knows what is good for this game...

oh and climbs aren't skill based at all, most climbs are straightforward for noobs and there is even mods out there that shows exactly what to do (heard about it yesterday and couldn't believe it, but it is true, i checked) oh and tier 10 doesn't sink money unless you are a try-hard in ranked battles, i have a friend that spent 20 euros in his entire life on this game after 31k battles, with like 20 tier10s, so the problem isn't with premium accounts, the problem is the players that suck too much and cant make profit at tier 10.. and yeah that might be ironic after looking at my name but that's just for troll.

For a start, it is very legal. In fact, WG can ban every single account in the game and it would be legal. If you check the EULA you accept every new patch they state that they OWN your account. So yeah, those premium tanks you "own" are property of WG

Also, Climbs are more skill based that a lot of things in this game. Climb up to E2 on mountain pass to break camps, climb up the south of mines, all are useful and can be countered by other areas of the map. One thing for sure - they're more skillful than pressing 2 and make the maps more dynamic so that's at least some improvement. Also one question. As for that - I would like to thing i'm not a complete idiot at tier 10 with the lowest winrate tank at tier 10 being around 55% and I can't make a profit without a premium account.

Edited by BigloBot, 29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM.

Spurtung #15 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBigloBot, on 29 July 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

• As for the Maus, i'm not asking for it logically, as if that were the case I would ask for complete arty removal cause arty was NEVER used like this in history. This is for balancing.
  • My thoughts on the 140? It doesn't need buffed like WG are trying to do. It's idiotic, but I thought that wall of text was enough. Didn't want to blabber on for aeons. <3

What?! You did ask for Maus to get a gun handling nerf, no? And I only mentioned the Obj 140 to point out how ridiculous that was: Obj 140 moves faster and has a better aim on the move than a stationary Maus rotating only the turret.

BigloBot #16 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles

View PostSilentFear, on 29 July 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

I do agree whit a lot of this - but some things are pure stupidity ...

I will touch only on things i dont agree.

Skorpion needs nerf ? Care to elaborate ? Yes its the best medium at tier 8 - but thats more to do whit every medium at that tier been trash.

No thanks. If you dont want more OP premiums - then dont touch the one thing that makes WG the most money. Better if they focus on making the economy a bit more forgiving.

Changing premium ammo to a normal ammo price while reducing its damage - would be a good step in the direction.

From what i have seen - it was not the best players or at the very least not that many that got to the top 10%. Mostly it was people whit loads of free time. Ranked battles dont need removing - needs rework. And arty should be removed from the mod.

Skill based ? You joking right ? Its in 90% of the time a pure stupidity and some bot gets himself out of the battle. In the remaining 10% its annoying as hell. 

Yeah - how about HELL NO. The easy mod toys should have limited effect on the combat. Better yet just remove arty.

What are you on about ?

• I will admit the Skorpion is the least OP of the recent premiums that WG has released, however I do believe it was the one that started this power creep and I included it as a powercreep. I feel that it's just too versatile having very good DPM and maneuverability. Another solution would be to fix the mediums but just a solution
  • With a premium account compared to a standard account you are capable of grinding tanks far too fast in my honest opinion. After using both I just found the extra credits and exp too much of an advantage. I'm not saying to outright stamp on the premium account but add a small nerf to it. Again, just my opinion.
  • 10% of the time its more skillful than pressing 2
  • I always have prefered the old arty. I wasn't a massive arty player but I always thought that it was a fundamental mechanic which enhanced the capability to break camps. I prefer getting one shot than stunned every 30 seconds for 25 seconds
  • As for the light tanks. They straight up just changed the MM for the blackdog to that of a standard t8 from a standard t9 medium. So effectively calling A T-10 a IS-3. Then they buffed tier 7 light tanks to the equivalent of a tier 7.5. So how can this compete with a Blackdog? I probably should have worded this better in hindsight. 

BigloBot #17 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 29 July 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

What?! You did ask for Maus to get a gun handling nerf, no? And I only mentioned the Obj 140 to point out how ridiculous that was: Obj 140 moves faster and has a better aim on the move than a stationary Maus rotating only the turret.

I did ask for a Maus gun handling nerf. I find it too overpowered to be able to snipe 140s on the move from the other side of steppes. But not because it's "realistic" cause then I would be playing War Thunder, but because it would be more balanced.

Spurtung #18 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBigloBot, on 29 July 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

I did ask for a Maus gun handling nerf. I find it too overpowered to be able to snipe 140s on the move from the other side of steppes. But not because it's "realistic" cause then I would be playing War Thunder, but because it would be more balanced.

Please provide a replay where a Maus did that.

Do you even comprehend how ridiculous you sound? Obj 140's gun handling is fine by you, it's the Maus that needs the nerf. top kek

It's quite funny watching you being a knight for balance, but only the tanks you don't own need a nerf, yours are all fine.

Edited by Spurtung, 29 July 2017 - 05:45 PM.

BigloBot #19 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18271 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 29 July 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Please provide a replay where a Maus did that.

Do you even comprehend how ridiculous you sound? Obj 140's gun handling is fine by you, it's the Maus that needs the nerf. top kek

saying it regularly happens in our advances, no I don't sound stupid. They WAY overbuffed the Maus' gun. Now they should fix it, and i'm just saying that they arn't nerfing it hard enough IMO.

Spurtung #20 Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBigloBot, on 29 July 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

saying it regularly happens in our advances, no I don't sound stupid. They WAY overbuffed the Maus' gun. Now they should fix it, and i'm just saying that they arn't nerfing it hard enough IMO.

I said ridiculous, but now that you mentioned it, yes, you sound stupid.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users