Is the Premium Account 50% Credit Bonus too Good?

Premium Account Credits

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium Time (103 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What is the main reason you buy Premium Account time?

1. Additional Experience (27 votes [26.21%])

Percentage of vote: 26.21%

2. Additional Free Experience (1 vote [0.97%])

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

3. Additional Credits (64 votes [62.14%])

Percentage of vote: 62.14%

4. Additional Crew Experience (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I wont ever buy a premium account (11 votes [10.68%])

Percentage of vote: 10.68%

Would you pay for Premium Account time without a Credit Bonus?

1. Hell No, Make it rain (86 votes [83.50%])

Percentage of vote: 83.50%

2. Sure, Credits are beneath me (8 votes [7.77%])

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

3. I still wouldn't buy it anyway... (9 votes [8.74%])

Percentage of vote: 8.74%

Do you think Premium Account time with a Credits bonus is pay to win?

1. Yes (14 votes [13.59%])

Percentage of vote: 13.59%

2. No (89 votes [86.41%])

Percentage of vote: 86.41%

Vote Hide poll

Deprival #1 Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23534 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been asked/ discussed, but I can't seem to find it...

A while back, after playing the game for free for ages, I purchased an annual premium account subscription as I wanted to grind through tech trees faster. Mainly to get them shiny tier X tanks asap. After playing for a year with a premium account I came to the conclusion that the 50% credit bonus was overpowered. Tanks I once never made credits in, I'm looking at you t-54, suddenly was able to make credits, and fire premium ammo. And because of that, my win rate started to increase... 

In world of tanks, we have several different types of currency; Credits, Experience, Free Experience, Crew Experience and now Bonds. Credits is the only currency you can lose in a battle. Making it so that paying customers can change a credit loss game into a credit positive match seems to be damaging to this game. And ultimately, in my opinion, makes it on average, pay to win. You simply can't consistently play making a loss. I'm here wondering if some people think the same, hence the poll.

I think there are couple of ways the Credit economy could change to help the situation:

• Premium account could change so that you make twice what a standard account would make on a credit positive game, or half for a loss making game
    • A loss is still a loss, but less so, a gain is still a bigger gain & clearly the values could be whatever is best I guess
  • There could be a separate credit bonuses for the various types of medals we get, Note the premium account credit bonus doesn't add +50%.
    • Example: 10k for a high calibre at tier 10, 9 at tier 9, etc... some medals could be worth more, and some less, whatever...
    • This makes the credit gain from premium account less than 50%
  • Reduce the credit bonus on a Premium account to a smaller number than 50%
    • Makes it less OP, but maybe doesn't solve any issues?
  • Change the premium account so that it doesn't provide any gain to Credits whatsoever
    • True "free to win" game at this point, maybe?
  • Any other suggestions go for it this is not an exhaustive list...

To confirm, I'd pay for a premium account that didn't affect the credit income. Clearly I'm not saying they couldn't increase; Experience, Free Experience, Crew Experience and now i guess Bonds* to some degree or other. *Maybe depends on if at some point in the future one can get Bonds per battle I guess.

Waffle over, leave comments if you like, 

Enjoy!

P.s.
In case people need it explaining...

If you get a 40,000 credit battle, without a premium account, with 30,000 worth of repairs & ammo, the net you make is 10,000 credits. If you had a premium account you would have netted 30,000 credits. If my maths services me rights, that's a 200% increase, not 50%. Clearly these numbers can change, but ultimately, the net credit gain will always be more than 50% with the current premium account.

Edited by Deprival, 29 July 2017 - 07:09 PM.

thiextar #2 Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15416 battles
Yes, which is what premium account is mainly for, it makes the higher tiers playable without having to drop down to t5 or whatever to make money to finance your higher tier vehicles... I did reach t10 waaaay before i got a premium account back when i was a noob, so if i could do it as a total dingus, its not impossible to play without premium acc. The big issue is prem ammo, which now needs to be spammed at everything

roachex #3 Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Credit income is the most significiant reason why someone actually bothers to buy premium time. It gives 50% bonus, but because brutto income cames close to all expenses with standart acc, it could feel a lot more with premium acc in %.

The game is playable with free to play below tier 8 easy. Sweetspot tier 6. Majority will grind credits here, so the game has healty mid tier gameplay.

Everyone who play the game free to play mode (without prem acc or gold tanks) are the Product for the customers (people who pays for stuff).

I dont like that premium tanks have their income crippled several times in the last years, and older smm tanks does not feel 40€ worth, but they still earn credits fast enough for tier X gameplay.

Company needs to earn money.

Aikl #4 Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25536 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Even if you use minimal premium ammo, credits remain the primary grind at the moment. Not XP. Removing the credits bonus would mean you're still stuck with the same grind. Can't see how that would increase profits for WG.

Premium ammo, while a consequence of the credit boost, will likely be rebalanced at some point. The removal of that credit drain will either force a readjust to a XP-based grind or readjusting expenditures - it should be costly to decide that the best way to utilize an IS-7 in a 3-5-7 game is to camp with arty... without any arty actually being there.

Ulicum #5 Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39597 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

Yes, lets just remove premium shop and make one donation-button and lets see how long you free 2 play people have game to play.

Beltalowda #6 Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61943 battles
I go for premium account because my garage looks nice and clean.

Deprival #7 Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23534 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Yay, thanks for all the comments, I thought I might have created a loner thread!!

Just to re iterate, I've stopped paying for premium time, because of my feeling towards the credit making aspect, I would be happy to pay for it with out the credit bonus, thus still paying for the game development and upkeep etc... Also, I'd rather have free exp, to skip tanks and not have to sink credits into buying tanks, all the additional modules and equipping them. 

I also like to try and play this game for fun & reward. I feel way to strong in a lot of tier 6-7 games, just because the player base isn't as advanced in tiers 4-6. For me, the most rewarding games normally come from tier 9, I'm too much of a noob/ r tard for tier 10.

Most tier 9 tanks I make credits/ break even (except that pesky t-54!). And for tier 10 my IS-7 is about break even. All other tier X tanks I net lose.

sgtYester #8 Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54377 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

or logic about 50%/200% increase is ....:facepalm:

so.. u want to nerf income? rly? 

THE biggest problem ppl have in wot is not the grinding for xp but for credit. so many tanks to grind with only so little credits to buy new ones.

without extra credits from prem acocunt the game would lose players fast.  it would take u 10 years to get (buy) all the tanks.  noone is gonna do that. and when goals become unreachable ppl go to games were they can be gotten on a reasonable timescale.

the only problem in the game right now is arty.. remove it or rebalance some more

and prem ammo, which is the REAL p2w factor in this game.   

Bucifel #9 Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30911 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

no...prem. account is not P2W..is just best way to make money 

other prem. things are P2W...like ammo and some stupid new tanks..wich both RUIN game balance !  :facepalm:

Wrinkly #10 Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45411 battles
Main reason I have payed for a premium account and the purchase of premium tanks is to support the game.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've had a premium account ever since I started to play when this game was released and never had lack of credits. It is shitty to think though that free players get punished for playing while I as a paying customer are having a great time.

But that is the cost of running a F2P game, the money has got to come from somewhere and that somewhere is psychological abuse of your "free" players. Because that is what it basically is and boils down to, psychological abuse.

Cobra 6

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Well, I don't think premium account is too good, but I do thing they should buff the credit income for f2p.

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51274 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
This is astonishingly stupid.

SABAOTH #14 Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostDeprival, on 29 July 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

• Reduce the credit bonus on a Premium account to a smaller number than 50%
    • Makes it less OP, but maybe doesn't solve any issues?
  • Change the premium account so that it doesn't provide any gain to Credits whatsoever
    • True "free to win" game at this point, maybe?
  • Any other suggestions go for it this is not an exhaustive list...

To confirm, I'd pay for a premium account that didn't affect the credit income. Clearly I'm not saying they couldn't increase; Experience, Free Experience, Crew Experience and now i guess Bonds* to some degree or other. *Maybe depends on if at some point in the future one can get Bonds per battle I guess.

Waffle over, leave comments if you like, 

Enjoy!

The only reason why someone would spend (a lot) of money on premium account is credits.

• To save time in grinding modules/tanks
  • To be able to play above tier 6 with a profit and play their top tier without spending hours on massing credits on low tiers.

All the rest is nice but irrelevant. :girl:

You did not really believe people spend money to make you play for free in exchange of a clean garage? :coin:

suvicze #15 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
Heh with all the crap they added over the years to force us to spent more credits during the game like the combination of premium ammo for credits + tanks which cant be penetrated with regular ammo, they should increase the credit bonus on premium account lol not the other way around. It is the main reason people buy it. Extra xp are nice and all but essentially useless if you cant afford to buy the tank you grinded xp for or use it in battle for extensive amount of time without going back to lower tiers.

Unknown_Lifeform #16 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27425 battles
If your main objection to boosted credit income is that it allows you to buy more premium ammunition, surely the solution is to find a better balancing mechanic for premium ammo than ability to afford it rather than to nerf credit income?

Aim_Away_From_Face #17 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26 battles

So you're saying that people who pay shouldn't get the bonuses that they pay for? Then what would there be to pay for? This is not pay to win, this is pay to alleviate the grind a bit. 

You don't pay, you don't get - you do pay, you do get. 

How is that not fair?

SlyMeerkat #18 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16409 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
No, i dont think the game is pay to win at all :)

Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTrewSx, on 29 July 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

I go for premium account because my garage looks nice and clean.

A mod costs you exactly zero.

Timmber #20 Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23509 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

View PostEnforcer1975, on 30 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

A mod costs you exactly zero.

Also tagged with Premium Account, Credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users