Jump to content


@VMX locking topic


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

geoff99 #1 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 37191 battles
  • 173
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

Dear Mr/Mrs/Other VMX moderator,

 

I was enjoying reading the thread on nerving tier 9 LTs and was planning to contribute to it. But then you locked it, without explanation. I'd have thought it good practice for mods a. to only get involved if really necessary and b. to provide an explanation if you do take any action.

 

Any chance you could explain why the thread was locked? I'd be happy to re-open the topic in a new thread but won't if you're going to lock it immediately.

 

thanks

 

Geoff99



ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Some might remember old BBV.
This guy is similar imo.

SilentFear #3 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25020 battles
  • 3,145
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostZlatanArKung, on 30 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Some might remember old BBV.
This guy is similar imo.

 

Oh who can forget BBV .... on BBC :trollface:

But yeah the new overzealous moderators (Aclepsis ?) are been weaponized by the masses. You dont like something you read ? Report it. Report it plenty and at some point i will work.



ExclamationMark #4 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 30 July 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Some might remember old BBV.
This guy is similar imo.

 

BBV was far worse. He would hand out bans for the most diminutive things.

Folau #5 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15254 battles
  • 2,560
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

BBV loved the BBC.

 

VMX is almost as bad. 



Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20515 battles
  • 10,537
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostExclamationMark, on 30 July 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

BBV was far worse. He would hand out bans for the most diminutive things.

Maybe it wasn't just from one small thing but many small things and looking at many useless whine posts it's understandable. 



qpranger #7 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31449 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

We have moderators?

Personally, I've never noticed.



ExclamationMark #8 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostEnforcer1975, on 30 July 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Maybe it wasn't just from one small thing but many small things and looking at many useless whine posts it's understandable. 

 

Well I said the dreaded C-word, often used to refer to clickers, once on my alt account, got perma ban without warning. :|

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,784
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011
It was a pointless, useless garbage thread created by someone who shouldn't even be allowed to create threads anymore. I for one am glad that moderators are junking all those garbage threads, especially from those creating several useless threads a day.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,493
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 July 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

It was a pointless, useless garbage thread created by someone who shouldn't even be allowed to create threads anymore. I for one am glad that moderators are junking all those garbage threads, especially from those creating several useless threads a day.

I'm not at all a friend of the utterly lazy and incompetent moderation on these forums, but closing those threads before they take off is a good thing. If our dear mods would then add a single short sentence describing the deeper problem with the thread (Especially when it's a tinfoil thread or similar nonsense and not just "closed because it's against the rules".), the moderation quality would already rise from 2/10 to 3/10.


Edited by Jigabachi, 30 July 2017 - 07:50 PM.


geoff99 #11 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 37191 battles
  • 173
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012
Alice and Jiga

I don't think that t9 lights should be nerfed but I am interested in a discussion of how they could/should be played. I see many t9 lights acting as spotters when top tier, when imo their best role for the team is as flankers or mobile defence.

The thread closed by vmx could have followed this line rather than fixating on the OPs suggestion that wn8 padding was driving bad gameplay.

Spurtung #12 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61582 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postgeoff99, on 30 July 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Dear Mr/Mrs/Other VMX moderator,

 

I was enjoying reading the thread on nerving tier 9 LTs and was planning to contribute to it. But then you locked it, without explanation. I'd have thought it good practice for mods a. to only get involved if really necessary and b. to provide an explanation if you do take any action.

 

Any chance you could explain why the thread was locked? I'd be happy to re-open the topic in a new thread but won't if you're going to lock it immediately.

 

thanks

 

Geoff99

 

Try sending him a private message instead of this pathetic way of getting in contact with him.

This is like inviting a friend over for dinner through a newspaper ad.



Spurtung #13 Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61582 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostExclamationMark, on 30 July 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

BBV was far worse. He would hand out bans for the most diminutive things.

 

Asklepi0s is the same, tbh. Handed both of my warnings, over pretty petty things, and couldn't even tell me which rule was broken. Going up to his supervisor got the same results.

 

Pretty sad, that Jahrakajin and VMX are so alone in actually moderating while not trying to kill the forum.


Edited by Spurtung, 31 July 2017 - 06:56 AM.


AliceUnchained #14 Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,784
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postgeoff99, on 30 July 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Alice and Jiga

I don't think that t9 lights should be nerfed but I am interested in a discussion of how they could/should be played. I see many t9 lights acting as spotters when top tier, when imo their best role for the team is as flankers or mobile defence.

The thread closed by vmx could have followed this line rather than fixating on the OPs suggestion that wn8 padding was driving bad gameplay.

 

Then by all means start a thread about those Tier IX Light tanks here in the game-play section, rather than complaining about moderators closing another thread barely touching on that subject (which as far as I am concerned should get the exact same treatment). If you want to have a meaningful discussion, then open a thread here and provide us with your insights, views, etc. The other thread was garbage and deserved to be junked straight away. Trying to steer it away from that and towards something useful is fine and all, but utterly useless where the likes of the thread starter are concerned; they're not looking for an interesting discussion. 

SilentFear #15 Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25020 battles
  • 3,145
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 30 July 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

 

Asklepi0s is the same, tbh. Handed both of my warnings, over pretty petty things, and couldn't even tell me which rule was broken. Going up to his supervisor got the same results.

 

Pretty sad, that Jahrakajin and VMX are so alone in actually moderating while not trying to kill the forum.

 

Same. Almost go an year ban from him. Well i got it. But the thing i got banned for was not even carrying the meaning he decided to give it. Had to talk whit 3 different people to lift it. And they still gave me a month ban couse you know "Someone might get offended"....

 

So yeah. I dont mind moderation - but the way its going i feel lack of any moderation would be better. 



Spurtung #16 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61582 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSilentFear, on 31 July 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

 

Same. Almost go an year ban from him. Well i got it. But the thing i got banned for was not even carrying the meaning he decided to give it. Had to talk whit 3 different people to lift it. And they still gave me a month ban couse you know "Someone might get offended"....

 

So yeah. I dont mind moderation - but the way its going i feel lack of any moderation would be better. 

 

It's possible to keep the forum cheeky and non offensive without the need to ban anyone, by just editing what needs to be edited.

 

Just as an example, I've had the word "crap" edited by Asklepi0s, when that word itself is an automatic censoring word replacing something else. How pathetic is that?

 

 

I mean, my first warning was for writing this:

"It's kinda cute you're still waiting for it. If you're under 6yo, that is.

After that it becomes pathetic. Just like believing in Santa."

about someone still expecting compensations for the Mutant (mind you 4 months have passed and there's another thread about it...). I read that, and I wonder how there's still a forum, when comparing that to other things I read here.


Edited by Spurtung, 31 July 2017 - 07:00 AM.


TankkiPoju #17 Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

It's the end of month, so moderators need to do complete their monthly quota of admin stuff.

 

Mainly by locking threads randomly.



Asklepi0s #18 Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 5715 battles
  • 839
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017
Spurtung and slientfear i understand your frustration but you guys get use to say whatever you want,whoever you want.
That's not a option anymore.You can criticise me as much as you want that is not a problem.

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

  • Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated
Thread is closed.
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users