Why do you buy Premium Tanks?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

jack_timber #1 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

I was just looking at another post guy was complaining that his premium tank wasn't as good as when he first bought it. 

So why buy premium tanks in the first place? Personally I find the cost expensive, even though I can afford them I won't buy them, mind u I did buy one a couple of years ago a Matilda BP it now sits in the garage gathering dust....

If I need another tank I will grind it out, to me that's part of this games appeal.

So why do u buy these?

BTW I do spend real money with WG I run a premium account.

enu_ #2 Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22576 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
i don't buy anymore. last bought was FCM50t and now it's dogshit with this new MM, and new T8 premium tanks. so no more money from my wallet. you can burn on fire only once.

Plasma_Fire #3 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles

Ive got a Premium tank, a PzIVS. I bought it with gold I earnt while playing games on here.

I wouldnt buy a premium tank, its not that they are expensive, they are not, not in the least, Im sure we all have other hobbies that involve us buying things were are more expensive than a prem tank in  this game. I wouldnt buy one because the tanks are not worth it in regards to the tank itself in the game.

People buy them because they want to easy mode their way through the game collecting silver and exp to get the tanks they do want while playing a tank that trolls other players or just makes collecting silver faster.

So far in this game Ive never spent a penny on it, and Ive unlocked all but 9 of the German tree and for the most part Ive enjoyed every minute of it. And one of the reasons why Ive enjoyed it is because I dont pay for it. If I had bought this game in a shop I would take it back for a refund, because in the UK you can expect something to be of merchantable quality when you buy it, so far with all the tweaks and changes, WG have shown in action that the game didnt work and still doesnt...

Why would you buy something when its own manufacturers have shown in action it doesnt work properly?

The whole economy of this game is based on the fact that it really doesnt work and constantly needs changing.

People buy a Prem tank to get more silver and exp, the exp comes as free exp and locked exp, it costs money to convert free exp.

People will always take a short cut to get to where they want to be, in this case its a faster route to the tank they want to play, So they use Prem ammo which costs more silver (remember how earning silver is linked to spending money), they buy prem consumables because the normal consumables are only a taste of what the prem consumables can do for you in your quest to race up the tiers.

So while prem ammo, consumables only cost silver silver keeps you playing the game and keeps you spending real money to get it.

Balancing tanks is also linked to the game economy.

Toni112007 #4 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9813 battles
I have T34, JT88, T26E4 and T54 mod 1. I don't buy them anymore. If I need credits JT88 is a way to go. Albeit boring but works.

Edited by Toni112007, 30 July 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I tend to get spendy after a couple beers. :(

I've got many premiums and some of them are very fun to play while some aren't.

catorc #6 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27333 battles
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
Obv You buy premium tanks to use their premium qualities.  Credit farming and crewtraining. My first was the type 59 and latest was the strv s1. IF you Ski only morons dont use skiwax

Bludsuager #7 Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11852 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
Wife likes treating me:) dont play as much as i use to but the wife buys me a prem every now and again.

brumbarr #8 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
I buy prem just to have another tank to play I might like, dont care for crewtraining or credits.
I mostly 3 mark them and then never touch em again.

Dundato #9 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26302 battles
To waste money

Browarszky #10 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostDundato, on 30 July 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

To waste money

Sadly.. the most logical answer.

Element6 #11 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I buy them because they serve multiple purposes. The provide variety, which is good for a player like me that usually can't stand playing a few tanks over and over for days on end. You might argue that there are more than enough tanks in the tech trees for that, but there are not that many left that I have not grinded through, and most of the tanks that I do not have yet are T9 and T10. I am less able to run a profit in T9, so I need something to help with income. Since most tanks that I don't have are higher tiers, the running cost of buying them is going up as my battle count goes up. It's not that hard if you are on T5 on several lines, because those tanks do not cost that much.

So premium tanks provide variation, income and crew training when the tech tree tanks no longer do that for me. One of the reasons for this is that once I have unlocked for example a T9, I sell the preceeding T8, no matter how good or bad I did in it, or how much I enjoyed it. I only have a handful of tanks in the garage that I have grinded through in the past. The overall end goal is to try and get all T10 tanks, and I will probably need to get a ton of garage slots to have room for sub-T10 tech tree tanks to provide this variation that in the end doesn't give me more crew training nor more credits.

So it's most effective with premium tanks.

Cannes76 #12 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66471 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
To grind credits and crew skills ofc.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't buy anything, but I'd be more interested in unique tanks that are fun to play. And which look cool. The reward bonus would just be... a bonus.

Buying and playing tanks I don't like just because they farm more credits? Hell no. What is this? A job?

Edited by Jigabachi, 30 July 2017 - 07:32 PM.

Cannes76 #14 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66471 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

View PostJigabachi, on 30 July 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

I don't buy anything, but I'd be more interested in unique tanks that are fun to play. And which look cool. The reward bonus would just be... a bonus.

Buying and playing tanks I don't like just because they farm more credits? Hell no. What is this? A job?

It is permitted to have fun while blowing up tanks.

Sessine #15 Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The usual excuse was crew training and the low tier ones are dirt cheap at sales too. The T-127 was a really nice tank for this. And the Churchill III is good too. Some are not that nice like the T14 but then again i like the diversity in tanks.

Then some have special reasons.

I bought the T2 LT after a tier 2 battle on Malinovka. We spawned south and he went up to the hill and down from there then he went past the enemy cap and back via the water. "Lap 1 complete" he typed in chat while driving through our base. And back he went to the hill. He got to 2 laps and we ran out of enemies during his third.

So then i wanted one.

Also the Tetrarch. It was a gift tank from the past and not for sale but then it appeared as a free gift added to a Löwe with some gold and 3 months of premium time. So i have i Löwe because i wanted the Tet. :)

Lycopersicon #16 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
To train crews basically. Some that I own (e.g. FCM 50t) are there for their uniqueness and for being fun to play, but most just sit in lines where I needed a crew trainer.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 30 July 2017 - 08:14 PM.

EnglishBob_ #17 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 478 battles

3 reasons why I buy Premium Tanks here, NA and Asia 

1. Sexehness

2. Sexehness

3. Crew training .. to get Sexeh Crews

Also I like to collect ..   :honoring:

HidesHisFace #18 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17830 battles

I bought my premium tanks (FCM and couple of lower tier ones) for a single purpose - to grind money - but with current state o MM, this is becoming more and more tedious and not really cost-efficient.

Preferential MM actually hampers you more than it helps - take FCM for example - this thing is basically a more mobile, but otherwise WORSE version of a Tiger. In a direct slugfest it loses to a a Tiger - a TIER 7 TANK, and loses against both equal tier mediums and heavies. It can BARELY win directly against some LOWER tier medium, and only because of slight hitpoint advantage.

Yet, thanks to "improved" MM it sees Tier 9 tanks almost all the time and simply can't hold the handle to new, overpowered premiums without preferential MM.

In all honesty - my best premium tank is Pilot 1, and simply because it isn't worse than Pershing. But when will it hit by a powercreep like FCM was? Can't tell, and I don't care anymore.

I got premium tanks simply for one purpose - to earn bloody credits. I don't play regularly enough to justify wasting money on premium account that would get wasted every time I take a break - premium tanks at least stay in your garage and never run out.

The thing is - running higher tier tanks and buying new machines is so absurdly expensive these days, that premium tanks barely even help - I end up playing them almost exclusively simply, because the earnings can't really keep up with the expenses. 

unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18092 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

To train crews

To earn credits and XP

Because I like some of them

Because some are fun to play

I also have some that were gifts or missions.

The one thing I do not do is buy a tank because I think it might be OP. I never expect premiums to be better than normal tier tanks, even if there are a few that are. That is just a bonus.

Steeleye_Spam #20 Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28653 battles
I bought one T8 premium as a credit maker and that's it.  I'm not interested in spending another £30 on a pixel tank just so I can have an advantage over other players - and there are so many tech tree tanks to research and play, which give the variety to keep the game interesting, so I have no incentive too buy another. The fact that the game seems to becoming more and more world of premium tanks is another story, but if it comes to it that I'm not enjoying it any more playing standard tanks, I'll stop playing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users