Failure too cap base results in team losing.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Gangerr #1 Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19871 battles

They have many occasions were my team and the enemy's team can win the match by simply capping the base.  But for some unknown reason the player(s) capping the enemy base simply leaves the cap to go, find and destory the last remaining tank on the other side of the map then gets killed and loses the match for the rest of the team.

I see this too many times in battles, I understand people want exp from damage but isn't winning more important, its a team game after all.  I still fail to understand this, I can only understand leaving the cap if they alot more of you against their last tank(s) but really, I seen my team of 5 tanks get hammered by 2 of theirs when we could of easy won by capping.  Plus it take more time too go out and find the last tanks(s).

DurtiArry #2 Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55530 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

Thats the beauty of 'Randoms'.

Every game offers a different disappointment suprise

Sir_Bad #3 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44037 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
You don't really expect random players to be able to judge, when it is useful to cap or to kill the remaining enemies, when most of them have trouble figuring out the concept of using WASD to move their tanks, do you?

shishx_the_animal #4 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30181 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSir_Bad, on 31 July 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

You don't really expect random players to be able to judge, when it is useful to cap or to kill the remaining enemies, when most of them have trouble figuring out the concept of using WASD to move their tanks, do you?

He clearly does :)

qpranger #5 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30751 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What is base?

jack_timber #6 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31214 battles
Especially if all 5, in your example go singly. Like the lambs to slaughter...

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18637 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

There are just way too many variables to pass comment on capping situations. Capping is a strange thing really in the sense that it is the correct thing to do and also the incorrect thing to do but knowing when to and when not to comes with experience and is a case by case, or battle by battle basis with times when capping is definitely the correct choice, times it is a sad a noob choice, and then there are those 50/50 cases where regardless of experience it's still a tough choice.

The game rewards winning and winning is the main objective outside of some PM's but also damage caused so.. capping early and winning is a win, which is good, but can be literally pointless since you didn't cause any damage. For some players it's a case of " a win's a win" take it, forget about it and move on to the next battle with a win under your belt but for others they may also be on a pm or play to extract the maximum possible from each battle in terms of damage caused and xp.. even though this can sometimes lead to a loss. The thing about capping early with no damage is that it still registers as a black stat battle, no damage no nothing.. that can be a problem for some players that like to keep their wn8 and such looking healthy

Slyspy #8 Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGangerr, on 31 July 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

They have many occasions were my team and the enemy's team can win the match by simply capping the base.  But for some unknown reason the player(s) capping the enemy base simply leaves the cap to go, find and destory the last remaining tank on the other side of the map then gets killed and loses the match for the rest of the team.

I see this too many times in battles, I understand people want exp from damage but isn't winning more important, its a team game after all.  I still fail to understand this, I can only understand leaving the cap if they alot more of you against their last tank(s) but really, I seen my team of 5 tanks get hammered by 2 of theirs when we could of easy won by capping.  Plus it take more time too go out and find the last tanks(s).

While we all like winning more and hate it when our team mates let us down (while ignoring the moments when we let them down) don't value capping too highly. 

alienslive #9 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82923 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

And there are battles where your team doesn't need to cap but they do.

Like this battle (time 4:35, score: 12:5)
http://wotreplays.com/site/3734145#stats

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

... and there's games where your team throws the game by sitting in the cap.

So, Failure too cap base results in team losing. Bad situational awareness and bad decisions result in team losing.

Browarszky #11 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14906 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

It's best tp try to keep tabs on how the battle is going. Sometimes teams can have a clear lead and the numbers but still end up loosing. In those situations it's hard to say if you should have capped or not. Other times you can see that the teams are fairly even, or that your team is actually losing. The latter is fairly easy, you should definitely cap. I had a game like this yesterday at Pilsen. Starting from south we flanked the enemy on the right, reached their cap and.. that's when I realized they still had most of their heavies left so I called for cap. What remained of our team managed to pin down and hold the enemy off and we won the round.

As a general rule, if you got a tank that is low on HP's and are close to the cap, better start capping early. You can always break off later on if your team is clearly winning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users