• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

TheScrubLord #1 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

Hello Fellow tankers,

Just wanted to get some insight as i've never had this problem in WoT before, recently several of my accounts had been penetrated (gmail was hacked) and a lot of unauthorised payments occured on my paypal which I had cancelled (including one from WOT) my account is now suspended? Having contacted support they seem rather  clueless and respond with the usual copy paste jargon.

Is there anything I can do to escalate it. I would like to continue usiny my account obviously but I am not willing to pay for something I did not ask for or want in the first place so I am a little peeved.

Any help would be appreicated.

TheScrubLord

Kozzy #2 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
How would having your 'gmail hacked' lead to your PayPal account being compromised leading to people logging into WoT and buy things?  

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27555 battles

View PostKozzy, on 31 July 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

How would having your 'gmail hacked' lead to your PayPal account being compromised leading to people logging into WoT and buy things?

If they have access to Gmail they have access to the root account where all your password reset requests would go. They also have a pool of emails to read thru to determine what sites you visit and a lot of sites, paypal being one, use your email as login ID.

In other words, turn on two-factor authentication in gmail and make sure you use it.

Drone81 #4 Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20235 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD
keep contacting Wargaming trough social media like facebook, twitter, etc . . ., dont spam them every second, but on a regular basis (every couple of hours)

i did it when my WG account was hacked and the matter was resolved within 24 hours

TheScrubLord #5 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

I have been keeping up contact with Wargaming expressing how it has happened and how papal have awarded all the transactions fraudulently made on my account back to me,

The support team will not listen however and have now closed my case, So I am at a bit of a loss, All they seem to do is copy and paste responses :/.

Apparently the in-game item purchased which from the transaction details is a Rhm Skorpion, Has been "used" (Wasn't aware digital items came second-hand or used?) And therefore cannot be removed from the account, So I am suspended until I pay them?!

This all just feels like some bad joke, Do WG seriously expect me to pay for something I never agreed to purchase on my account? 

DracheimFlug #6 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostTheScrubLord, on 31 July 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

I have been keeping up contact with Wargaming expressing how it has happened and how papal have awarded all the transactions fraudulently made on my account back to me,

The support team will not listen however and have now closed my case, So I am at a bit of a loss, All they seem to do is copy and paste responses :/.

Apparently the in-game item purchased which from the transaction details is a Rhm Skorpion, Has been "used" (Wasn't aware digital items came second-hand or used?) And therefore cannot be removed from the account, So I am suspended until I pay them?!

This all just feels like some bad joke, Do WG seriously expect me to pay for something I never agreed to purchase on my account? 

But why exactly would someone hijack your paypal information, then use it to buy things on your WoT account (rather than some account of theirs)? Or otherwise transfer funds to a holding account of theirs?

And is there a police report you can use as proof for WG?

From WG's perspective, they only have you having reversed some transactions. Also, the situation is a little tricky for them. If your account is compromised to the degree you state, they can't even be sure that you are you, or that this will not immediately happen again.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 31 July 2017 - 05:08 PM.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24417 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Here is the low down OP pay for the tank or lose the account it really is that simple. Also beef up your security as it is way to lax

Bludsuager #8 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11815 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-

Unfortunetly it looks like you are the brand new owner of a RHM Scorpion!

(To get your account back you will have to buy/give back the money WG thought they had, there was a time when one had to be careful accepting gifts as as soon you took them the offender would reverse charge and you would lose your account until you paid off what you got...))

TheScrubLord #9 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

As far as I am aware it is somebody that I have known and trusted for a long time in my own clan that has accessed my account (He has access to my email address, however no password information was ever shared) and done these things, To spite me as recently he has been removed from our clan for his disgusting and down right deplorable behavior towards other players,

No I have not felt it neccessary to take it to the police, They would likely not do anything about it. Ironically like WG.

I understand completely WG's position on it, I just feel a bit abused by the system I suppose, As I haven't really done anything wrong, I am simply refunding the transactions that are fraudlent on my PayPal surmounting around £300/400 which I could not dream of paying in my current financial position.

I've been a paying playing member for such a long time, I am so shocked that support can't let it slide just this once, Or even remove the items/value of assets to the so called "debt".

I just want to play the game I love playing, But as time goes on more and more problems arise, Maybe its time to throw in the towel eh?

Bludsuager #10 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11815 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-

View PostTheScrubLord, on 31 July 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

As I haven't really done anything wrong

Incorrect, sharing your account (directly or indirectly) is where you went wrong unfortunetly. I'd be hesitant to bring up that it was a clan mate (or former i should say) who did this to your account as they might as well perma ban you for that violation alone.

Pay the them what is owed and take it in your stride as a lesson painfully learned as that is more than likely going to be the only way you get your account unlocked/back

wsatnutter #11 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24417 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

If they let it slide for you then they set a precedent and the floodgates would be opened. 

You have two choices pay or lose account 

Bludsuager #12 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11815 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 July 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

If they let it slide for you then they set a precedent and the floodgates would be opened. 

You have two choices pay or lose account 

yup and unfortunately we or WG have nothing to prove that it was indeed a hack or whatever the case may be except that the charge was reversed. God knows how many kids stole their parents credit cards to buy a tonk and then the parents reverse the charge.

Or even adult knowingly click the buy and regret the buy instantly.

Without proof there's not much sympathy in helping you as i am sure WG is viewing this as theft at this point

TheScrubLord #13 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

View PostBludsuager, on 31 July 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Incorrect, sharing your account (directly or indirectly) is where you went wrong unfortunetly. I'd be hesitant to bring up that it was a clan mate (or former i should say) who did this to your account as they might as well perma ban you for that violation alone.

Pay the them what is owed and take it in your stride as a lesson painfully learned as that is more than likely going to be the only way you get your account unlocked/back

On the contrary I never stated that my account was ever shared. Merely that our clan operates a Facebook group chat by which participating members could see each-others Facebook accounts/email addresses so that is likely where it was obtained. I have never shared my password with anybody so I am unsure as to how that was obtained.

Unfortunately the withdrawals from my PayPal alone has drained all my finances available, And as the payments are pending I'm stuck for now.

Plasma_Fire #14 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles
There is nothing at all you can do, they will not unlock the account until the money is paid to them.

CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35856 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If you haven't played it WG might refund it if you ask.

TheScrubLord #16 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 31 July 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

If you haven't played it WG might refund it if you ask.

According to support: "I can understand your frustration but unofrtunately, we cannot remove the premium goods bought on an account if they have been used which is the case"

I haven't had access for at least a week to this game so I have no idea what was purchased and if it was used or not, According to support it has.

Bludsuager #17 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11815 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-

View PostTheScrubLord, on 31 July 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

On the contrary I never stated that my account was ever shared. Merely that our clan operates a Facebook group chat by which participating members could see each-others Facebook accounts/email addresses so that is likely where it was obtained. I have never shared my password with anybody so I am unsure as to how that was obtained.

Unfortunately the withdrawals from my PayPal alone has drained all my finances available, And as the payments are pending I'm stuck for now.

Then i retract what i said and ask for forgiveness for assuming too much. But in my defence i have seen clans that ask for account details etc so they can "borrow" the account when they need another player.:unsure:

Well best of luck to the reverse charges! but atleast it isnt the worst tank that could've bought!

TheScrubLord #18 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

View PostBludsuager, on 31 July 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Then i retract what i said and ask for forgiveness for assuming too much. But in my defence i have seen clans that ask for account details etc so they can "borrow" the account when they need another player.:unsure:

Well best of luck to the reverse charges! but atleast it isnt the worst tank that could've bought!

No worries, I completely understand.

Very true, Looking at my wotlife they had 4 very fun games in it by the looks of things!

Screenshot (746).png

Alabamatick #19 Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostTheScrubLord, on 31 July 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

That means the tank has been used in at least 1 battle (by you (if you're saying the tank is on your account and not hack / gifted to another)) therefore you don't have a leg to stand on

unless you're saying someone else used your account to play that game(s)

TheScrubLord #20 Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19487 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

View PostAlabamatick, on 31 July 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

That means the tank has been used in at least 1 battle (by you (if you're saying the tank is on your account and not hack / gifted to another)) therefore you don't have a leg to stand on

unless you're saying someone else used your account to play that game(s)

Yes, That is what I am saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users