16 replies to this topic

wEight_Tanker #1 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7538 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

O-Ho Opinions:

- Never see mid/top tier

- Vehicle repair costs too much (either survive and do something bad to bad tanks or lose some more credits), impossible to do so nowadays, because of "*changes avatar to one of those big nosed creatures* no, your fault, l2p"

- Play with ancient players who know the ropes of the game more than you, but still that doesn't mean that you'll get balanced teams

- Tank model looks really nice

- Howitzer most accurate than other oi's especially when playing the howitzers gets in your bloodstream and reloads the fastest

- Absolute frontal and turret armor, can bounce a tier 10's gold ammo when angled in noob proof

- Ammorack too vulnerable

Tidal_Force #2 Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
No, your fault, L2P.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 31 July 2017 - 10:17 PM.

wEight_Tanker #3 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7538 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostTidal_Force, on 31 July 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

No, your fault, L2P.

Offtopic: What/Who is that anyway? I'm a newb to this wonderful and loving community no :hiding:

Enderman21 #4 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

View PostTidal_Force, on 31 July 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

No, your fault, L2P.

kek

qpranger #5 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32397 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Who cares about tiers in OHO.

Just derp, dude.

Aikl #6 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25530 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 31 July 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

(...)

- Howitzer most accurate than other oi's especially when playing the howitzers gets in your bloodstream and reloads the fastest

(...)

Sounds like you've got the disease already. If you told your doctor this, he'd throw you into an isolation ward before you could say 'superheavies are a fun part of the game'.

wEight_Tanker #7 Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7538 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View Postqpranger, on 31 July 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Who cares about tiers in OHO.

Just derp, dude.

I don't mind facing a Panzer VII, but srsly... too much for repair when ohoochan gets wrecked...

View PostAikl, on 31 July 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

Sounds like you've got the disease already. If you told your doctor this, he'd throw you into an isolation ward before you could say 'superheavies are a fun part of the game'.

Superheavies are the fun and best part of the game imo, don't you agree?

Tidal_Force #8 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 31 July 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Offtopic: What/Who is that anyway? I'm a newb to this wonderful and loving community no :hiding:

Seal.

It's a 4 year old forum-inside joke. As linked thread explains, it originates from IDEAL clan forum, but it took to EU WoT forum like a wildfire. I was a forum neophyte when seemingly over course of one day, all the usual avatars got replaced by those creatures. Usually, replacement avatars were visibly based on original one. Example I find most memorable is kpt_strzyga, he was using grumpy cat as avatar until suddenly cat turned into a seal.

At first I was baffled, seals were everywhere. They came out of game (sealclubbing means playing low tiers as experienced player, thus new players got dubbed seals) and invaded forums. Seals were everywhere. Later on, seal avatar became somewhat of a symbol. I didn't consider myself hardcore enough back then to ask Bowser for seal. When I finally decided that I am part of this game and forum enough to be worthy of using seal avatar, Bowser was already on long hiatus. My dream was crushed, but as luck would have it, not forever.

He briefly returned year ago. I asked him for a seal to call my own, and I found myself lucky enough to be among the chosen few.

Finally 2 years after I dared to start dreaming of seal avatar, the dream came true. Since then, on WoT related fora I am represented by Gordon Sealman.

Today, seals are a relic of the times long gone. Times before WG decided that maps should be bush-less like Brazilian beach. Times before OP premiums (with massive exception of Hype 59). Times when spotting system meant something. Times when MTs reigned supreme. But also times of KV-1Sport and Hello-Kitty. Times of OP arty. Times of unbalanced HEAT derps. These days only forum dinosaurs wear seals, those who for last 4 years were active both in game and on forums. You can still see some velociraptors scuttling here or there, or you may see a mighty triceratops slowly trod between threads, but it feels that seal bearers are a dying species, displaced by filthy casuals. I remember how the forum was 3 years ago, anti-balance and anti-skill attitudes were never as bad as they are today. Sure, stat denial was always a thing, but there was much stronger reaction to it, there were entire shitstorms aimed at statdenying noobs. These days you will barely get a sarcastic remark... I liked the General Discussion forum of old, but it's not how it used to be.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 01 August 2017 - 01:06 AM.

sulo_bb #9 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20228 battles

View PostTidal_Force, on 31 July 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

No, your fault, L2P.

He has 4k games, so can count him as a newbie in WOT... So why you react like a bastard? Be friendly and supportive against others.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49483 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postsulo_bb, on 01 August 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

He has 4k games, so can count him as a newbie in WOT... So why you react like a bastard? Be friendly and supportive against others.

cause he is one and there are plenty of them where this one came from but that doesn't change the fact that they are just...

Tidal_Force #11 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsulo_bb, on 31 July 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Balc0ra #12 Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Don't matter if you are top tier or bottom tier. It's equally worthless and useless in most scenarios. Tho in the next patch, the AP gun gets gold ammo finally. So it might be more viable as a more reliable in +2 games.

JocMeister #13 Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23173 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You reached tier 8 and do 900 damage per game and expect to actually make credits? I don´t think that will be enough even with with Premium account.

You have three options.

- Drop down the tiers to a tier where repair cost are lower.

- Grind credits with a Premium tank or at a lower tier to fund your tier 8 games.

- "Git gut L2P". Do more damage. 900 DPG is really what you should be doing at Tier 6 or 7.

Zodiac1960s #14 Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38443 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
I actually prefer to be bottom Tier in my Derps, most of the time.

But the O-Ho is terrible because of the frontal turrets. I'm not saying remove them completely, but either short em down 2 degrees or make only one turret in the middle.

Historical accuracy in this case is sertainly not important..  

wEight_Tanker #15 Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7538 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostTidal_Force, on 01 August 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Seal.

It's a 4 year old forum-inside joke. As linked thread explains, it originates from IDEAL clan forum, but it took to EU WoT forum like a wildfire. I was a forum neophyte when seemingly over course of one day, all the usual avatars got replaced by those creatures. Usually, replacement avatars were visibly based on original one. Example I find most memorable is kpt_strzyga, he was using grumpy cat as avatar until suddenly cat turned into a seal.

At first I was baffled, seals were everywhere. They came out of game (sealclubbing means playing low tiers as experienced player, thus new players got dubbed seals) and invaded forums. Seals were everywhere. Later on, seal avatar became somewhat of a symbol. I didn't consider myself hardcore enough back then to ask Bowser for seal. When I finally decided that I am part of this game and forum enough to be worthy of using seal avatar, Bowser was already on long hiatus. My dream was crushed, but as luck would have it, not forever.

He briefly returned year ago. I asked him for a seal to call my own, and I found myself lucky enough to be among the chosen few.

Finally 2 years after I dared to start dreaming of seal avatar, the dream came true. Since then, on WoT related fora I am represented by Gordon Sealman.

Today, seals are a relic of the times long gone. Times before WG decided that maps should be bush-less like Brazilian beach. Times before OP premiums (with massive exception of Hype 59). Times when spotting system meant something. Times when MTs reigned supreme. But also times of KV-1Sport and Hello-Kitty. Times of OP arty. Times of unbalanced HEAT derps. These days only forum dinosaurs wear seals, those who for last 4 years were active both in game and on forums. You can still see some velociraptors scuttling here or there, or you may see a mighty triceratops slowly trod between threads, but it feels that seal bearers are a dying species, displaced by filthy casuals. I remember how the forum was 3 years ago, anti-balance and anti-skill attitudes were never as bad as they are today. Sure, stat denial was always a thing, but there was much stronger reaction to it, there were entire shitstorms aimed at statdenying noobs. These days you will barely get a sarcastic remark... I liked the General Discussion forum of old, but it's not how it used to be.

Cool story and neat idea. Gordon Sealman is my favorite!

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 August 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

Don't matter if you are top tier or bottom tier. It's equally worthless and useless in most scenarios. Tho in the next patch, the AP gun gets gold ammo finally. So it might be more viable as a more reliable in +2 games.

That's good news, for real.

View PostBlind_Hate, on 01 August 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I actually prefer to be bottom Tier in my Derps, most of the time.

But the O-Ho is terrible because of the frontal turrets. I'm not saying remove them completely, but either short em down 2 degrees or make only one turret in the middle.

Historical accuracy in this case is sertainly not important..

Idk why ppl wouldn't shoot those miniturrets (as far as I played), They often seem to pen and bounce my front plate and "gun cheeks". Even those experienced who aim for my ammorack when they can.

leggasiini #16 Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14120 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hightier tanks have high repair costs for a reason. Making hightiers expensive to run encourages majority of premium account players to play tier 7-8, F2P players tier 5-6. This is actually quite a smart move because it makes people play all tiers. If tier 9-10 would make credits reliably (without) premium account, most people would play them, creating unbalance among tiers when it comes to player amount.

That being said, do more damage and you dont lose as much credits with O-Ho. I can make credits with O-Ho quite constinently even without premium account, and with premium account I earn on average like 20-25k profit with the tank.

ExclamationMark #17 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
My first T8 superheavy was the 252.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users