9.20 Public Test

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 13046 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Please leave any feedback on the vehicle rebalances here. To make your feedback clear for us to understand please make sure to preface feedback on a specific tank with its name.

For example:

Block Quote

Object 140

• Needs more gun depression
  • Colour options are too limited

leggasiini #2 Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12251 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Type 4 Heavy and Type 5 Heavy

Both guns on Type 4 Heavy and Type 5 Heavy needs tweaking. The guns are the bigger issue than the armor, with the most critical issue being the clear p2w issue on the howitzer gun, as well as the premium rounds of 15cm having bit too excessive damage output.

• 14cm gun needs higher penetration (~255-260 mm on standard and ~300 mm on premium ammo) and either slightly better accuracy or slightly better DPM. 
  • 15cm howitzer's premium ammo shouldnt be directly superior version of regular ammo like it is now. Either give the normal ammo an advantage over the premium HE or just remove the premium HE shell. 
  • The HE damage on 15cm needs to be dropped a bit. Howitzer gun's disadvantage should be overall slower damage dealing ability than regular gun, unless it manages to penetrate the shells. This is not the case on the Type 5 Heavy, which has only 2 sec slower reload than 14cm gun with almost same effective damage output. 

Do either of these for the 15cm gun:

1. Remove premium HE (or nerf damage to 1100 and buff splash radius). Increase rate of fire, but not too much.
  2. Remove the 15cm howitzer entirely. Refund with XP. Would be the best option but it likely will never happen.

I will test the armor changes. After I have tested the armor and new "weakspots", I will edit this post and give my feedback.

Edited by leggasiini, 04 August 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Berto72 #3 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57701 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

If Patton need to be rebalanced, M60 need the same.

craig_arnie_byrne #4 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [BOLOX] BOLOX

played quite a few games in the foch and foch b.

Foch B weakspots are too big and the armor sucks compared to the foch.

foch is much more bouncy.

Foch B please make weakspot smaller and maybe up the armor 10mm

T10 chinese TD very very bouncy, very dificult to pen unless you can get close enough to hit the LFP.

Tommetie #5 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10154 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

IS-7:

Dear WG,

I am not an expert at the game as I am still learning after ever battle but I do feel the IS-7 rebalance is misplaced.

Compared to the recent rebalances and new tanks the IS-7 needs more armor and health pool, not a gun handling upgrade. For example; compared to the obj. 252 it has less or equal frontal armor and that is not even tier for tier. Now I know that IS-7 is not meant as a super heavy but in this state it cannot hope to flank or withhold most heavies unless it is hull down with sufficient backup fire. And I am not talking about the fact they will be flushed out by arty at some point with nowhere else to go but exposing a too weak hull armor. With the current armor, camping in a hull down spot until you are overrun/flushed out or until the game is already won is basically a given (no flanking). The lack of armor is especially the visible in competitive clan battles (advances and games of the sort) where you'd, in most cases, much rather use other heavy tanks. Currently it feels like it's a 'heavier' medium tank with a indestructible turret but way worse DPM / gun handling and in a lot of situations to little gun depression to compensate for it's missing strength(s).

(Proposal 1) Regardless of the gun rebalance I feel like the IS-7 needs better frontal hull armor and some health to go with it.

However (Proposal 2), If you want to maintain the 'pure' IS-7 feeling as it is now (rushing to hull down spots), atleast give it more gun depression and slightly better hull armor so you can use the gun when poking over the hill, instead of being able to aim it in the air only and getting your front and sides penetrated by almost every tank that does have a bit of decent gun depression.

I hope some other players will correct me where I am lacking the experience but I hope this a first step towards a more viable IS-7 in clan battles and more competitive random battles.

Kind regards.

asari79 #6 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30840 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

Obj 140

* it is already a good tank and do not need the buffs. It just makes some other tier X meds left behind when the obj is better then them in every way.

Foch B

* The autoloader is way to stong. In many games I played it just go in and kill a tank so easy and the enemy tank bounce of it often. It ofc have weekspots but alot of players

do not seems to know it.

obj 268

The buff it got do not make a big change. It is still the worst td in the game. It need better armour or better gun handling.

blicklie #7 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45260 battles

Foch B

P E N E T R A T I O N?

Seriously? Just did quick check on all tier X TDs. 257 mm of penetration at tier X is insanely low. 

Most of tier X TDs have over 300. Lowest at the moment being for Grille 15 - 279 mm of penetration BUT with the most accurate gun of them all.

What exactly (apart from using premium ammunition) can Foch B do in tier X battle?

Should I flank with tank destroyer?

Please change penetration to at least 290 mm to make this gun competitive at tier X battles.

domnulrazvan #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23005 battles
  • [BADD] BADD
So no chinese buffs ? t 34 3 ?  we need to wait another 2 3 months for it ? 

Bambodos #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21072 battles

Maus

- You do need to nerf the Hull side armor behind the Trackwheels. Its just wrong for us to decide whether we want to track or damage the damn thing. IT SHOULD DO BOTH

vish #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16897 battles

Foch B

- 257mm of penetration is absolutely pathetic @ T10 for a TD. The LFP of T10 heavies is yellow @ 100m straight on. This renders the vehicle very undesirable again.  

- If you think 257 is enough than at least up it's armor and especially mobility. 

- Weakspots *sigh*

- Accuracy feels worse then the numbers suggest. Same goes for aim time, to a limited extent. 

- Kinda sluggish. Especially bad in combination with the bad penetration.

+ Gun arcs and elevation and depression... especially the gun arcs. Nice!

+ Reload time between shells is nice as well. 

IS 7

+ Health buff. Appreciated, still on the lower end.

+ Gun buff. It's still bad though ;)

--- Why get an IS-7 if you can get a WZ-111 5A? Comparable armor, much better gun handling, accuracy, mobility, premium ammo, dpm, gun depression... it's not even funny. 

OBJ 268

+ Improved gun arcs make this one so much more enjoyable. The beast is back. If this goes live, i rebuy mine instantly. 

+ Finally feels like an upgrade over the OBJ 704.

- Still pretty sluggish. Can't it get back the 2 degrees of traverse you took away from it long ago?

Nebelberg

Awesome! Very nice work from my experience so far. 

Edited by vish, 03 August 2017 - 11:58 PM.

Bambodos #11 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21072 battles

Type 4

- REMOVE PREMIUM HE!

Type 5

- REMOVE PREMIUM HE!

Deadly_Shot_ #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12607 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

IS-7

• Engine buff slightly noticable, still sluggish and cant accelerate above 35km/h therefore it is still the same
  • Cannon buffs are welcome even though not seemingly improving it way to much
  • HP pool buff is good

ScottishJunky #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3928 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

AMX CDC:

• Make it smaller (if possible??)
  • Increase soft gun stats
  • increase terrain res

Krupp-Steyr

• Still feels quite slow, it's a really small tank please make it faster
  • Slighlty more alpha

I appreciate you reaching out to the community and asking what they want ;)

Grippin #14 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 54336 battles
  • [LS] LS

Type 59, T-34-3, Type 59 Patton:

- Add the buffs to them, since they were teased for this patch

FV4202, Centurion Action X, Centurion 7/1:

- Add the buffs to them, since they were teased for this patch

Foch B:

- Improve penetration

- Remove 2 shells

IS-7:

- Improve penetration

Edited by Grippin, 03 August 2017 - 10:58 PM.

Bambodos #15 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21072 battles

View PostGrippin, on 03 August 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

Foch B:

- Improve penetration

- Remove 2 shells

THIS 

Edited by Bambodos, 03 August 2017 - 11:08 PM.

cr007michal #16 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28994 battles

French tier 6 and 7 TD's also need buffs,their guns are not reliable and they are very bad for their tiers.Maybe they need autoloaders as well to be different from the other TD's but remain competitive.

AMX AC 48 needs a better reload time from 34 s to 28 s.

AMX 50 Foch also needs a better reload from 34 to 30 s and penetration buff from 257 mm to 270 mm.

AMX 50 Foch B needs penetration buff from 257 mm to 290 mm.

These three tanks also needs a non-penetrable frontal armor to have effective armor at least 350 mm to not be penetrated even by gold ammo because they have MASSIVE weak spots at top and weak lower plate so that enemies have to think where to shoot these tanks not to right-click and penetrate frontal armor wherever they want.

btw please buff forgotten premium tanks such as T25 pilot 1,AMX CDC, T26E4, FV4202, 59-Patton,FCM 50T etc.

Edited by cr007michal, 04 August 2017 - 12:10 AM.

ScottishJunky #17 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3928 battles
  • [D_G_M] D_G_M

View PostGrippin, on 03 August 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Type 59, T-34-3, Type 59 Patton:

- Add the buffs to them, since they were teased for this patch

FV4202, Centurion Action X, Centurion 7/1:

- Add the buffs to them, since they were teased for this patch

Foch B:

- Improve penetration

- Remove 2 shells

IS-7:

- Improve penetration

Off topic but hey John Locke, man loved that guy.

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15417 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

M24 Chaffee

• Please, return its previous speed or at least increase it somewhat. While I can comprehend the rebalancing upon light tanks, the only advantage it had was its mobility, now that view range and gun-handling have been negatively affected. This would not be a problem if the vehicle had a clear advantage. In the past, that was speed.

AMX ELC bis

• Same as above. This used to be the Chaffe's counterpart. The 5km/h removed do make a difference.

Type 5 Heavy

• Consider removing the Premium shell for this vehicle's top gun, the 15cm. There is no reason to get the other gun when the premium shells will simply output more damage, at the expense of higher credits

Light Tanks in general

• Give them an advantage in view range.

T92 Light

• Please, release this premium vehicle.

Self-Propelled Guns/Artillery in general

• Please, if you do not intend to remove the class, state it so more clearly. The job on the class is almost completed and all your efforts on it are commendable. Kudos, WG.
  • Rework the Personal Missions. Some of they are difficult to achieve due to the recent changes.
  • Consider introducing Premium Self-Propelled Guns/Artillery for all Nations that have a branch for it.

Chinese Tank Destroyers in general

• Their Alpha damage and penetration seem too high, even for their Class. Consider changing this to make them more balanced.

Krupp-Steyr WT

• Consider increasing the top speed of the vehicle to 40km/h and improve its specific power. Right now, it is too slow and sluggish.

FV215b (183)

• Increase the ammunition count to 15 shells. This would help its drivers to get a chance of engaging all 15 enemy players before running out of ammunition (when the situation presents itself).

Bat.-Châtillon 25t

• Introduce the gun you were planning to it as an alternative gun, that is, without removing any of its current guns.

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

• Consider putting the vehicle on sale less often.

T95E2

• Improve combat characteristics of this vehicle. As it is now, it is very underpowered and otherwise not competitive enough for its tier

T-34-3

• Improve penetration on its standard ammunition.

Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai

• Improve combat characteristics of this vehicle. It has no relevant difference from its in-tree counterpart, besides the premium vehicle benefits.

SU-122-44

• Consider improving accuracy on this vehicle. Mainly, the dispersion.

T28 HTC

• Improve the armour and hitpoints of this vehicle. Especially the miniturrets. They are difficult to conceal and are easy targets. A suggestion would be making them penetrable only on the gun slit or their dead center. And also improve the gun's penetration.

M56 Scorpion

• Consider putting this vehicle on permanent sale.

Kanonenjagdpanzer

• Consider putting this vehicle on permanent sale.

FelixJG #19 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15993 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

AMX 50 Foch (155) & AMX 50 Foch B

The news post "Vehicle rebalances in update 9.20" stated these tanks would be receiving buffs to the side AND frontal armour but from what I've seen the frontal armour hasn't changed, was this cancelled?

_ghst_ #20 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22721 battles
I wanted to make a comment about what they should do with several tanks, but I've realised WG doesnt care about our opinions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users