9.20 Public Test

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

WoWs Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 13046 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Please leave any feedback on the SPG improvements here.

Hayte #2 Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38096 battles

Hi guys n girls

I am an arty man, the guy everyone loves to Hayte :)

1)   My first gripe for arty is crew skills !!!

SPG Loaders:-

Intuition skill for artillery loaders is non existent!! :-

A loader cannot change shell types between HE and AP shells when SPG's only have HE shells to choose from. My USA tier VI M44 has 2 loaders both with intuition skills which are worthless and a waste of time training in the first place.

SPG Driver skills:-

Controlled impact and smooth ride skill both of which are useless for SPG's

SPG Commander and radio operator skills :-

Recon and situational awareness skills both to extend view range both a waste of time for SPG's; as even when these skills are maxed out TD's are still able to see SPG's long before SPG's can see them. I would agree that SPG's use radio from other team mates to 'see' their targets; but when there is nothing left on the field and SPG's have to rely on their own view range it is hardly fair even when SPG's have maxed out these skills.

2) Shell types

I understand that SPG's are only allowed HE shells in the game now but

No gold ammo for tier VI or below!!!! come on guys, really?

USA Tier VII and above have gold ammo which admittedly only gives an extra meter or so to their burst radius (No extra penetration like the AP counterparts) but have you guys played the USA tier IV M37 recently???? I dont think so, with less than 2 meters burst radius of the HE shell combined with RNG game mechanics this SPG is almost useless. (personally, i'm lucky to get 1 hit in 6 or 7 rounds with this SPG. To be honest, I think i'm a pretty good SPG guy, but you now need a direct hit to cause any stun or damage at all with this little tank or those in tiers V or below)

3) Marks of Excellence

Really?  USA Tier VI M44 SPG

I hover between 75-88% toward 3 stars on my turret. I can be in top 3 damage and exp in every battle for months at a time without ever reaching even 90% and i'm still not better than 95% players in the same tank. Really? Please, after 13k games in the M44 and I'm still not good enough! Yet on 2 occasions I have seen 3 stars on the turrets of 2 other M44's with less than 5k games???

Oh wait, (sarcasm alert) those 2x  M44's with 3 stars were owned by high ranking (well known) clan members with friends working in the WoT offices......Hmmmmmm.......... :/ 

4) Gun traverse limits

You guys have just improved gun traverse limits for TD's so they are able to more easily hit moving targets over longer distances without moving. Have you guys tried to hit a moving target over a long distance with say the Russian SU-8 without  moving the entire tank and having to re-focus etc......jeesh, makes an arty unable to do the job of an arty when all it has is about 10-15 meters of focused target before it has to move.

You guys have nerfed SPG's almost out of existence by reducing speed of shells and removing AP shells etc, about time you gave us a little love back.

I am still convo'd regularly after a battle to be told me or my family need to go die of cancer and how I need to have sex with my mother; which shows I am still one of the best SPG players out there. You see, I rate my performance by my enemies tears, unfortunately not by the stars on my turret!

Regards

Hayte

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16616 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Cool

Statpadderer #4 Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24887 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Remove the class from game already!

The base mechanic is broken and can´t be fixed.

PointZero #5 Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43611 battles

And here I thought this topic was supposed to be about the feedback on SPG improvements by players who have tried them on the test server, not general random ideas and tinfoil hattery.

• Don’t worry about arty shells if the construction (destructible or indestructible) you use for cover is two or more meters thick and your tank stays completely hidden behind it. You’re safe there: if an SPG shoots, your tank won’t get stunned or damaged.
  • Tanks hiding behind a fence or a small house that are less than 2m thick will get stunned and receive the same amount of damage they would get if they were in the open.
  • There’s also a third scenario: while cover is thick (2+ meters), a vehicle isn’t fully hidden (think of any corner maneuver). In this case, the stun duration and damage depend directly on how exposed a tank is. Based on the sizes of the visible area, a vehicle can get: 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the total damage and stun time
  • Also, to provide you a full lowdown on your performance in a battle, the post-battle stats will now brief you on the total stun time you caused.

enrico7113 #6 Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49435 battles
  • [S3RPE] S3RPE
give us the option to play matches without arty please

Edited by enrico7113, 07 August 2017 - 04:55 PM.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16244 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostStatpadderer, on 07 August 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

The new patch says otherwise.

THe base mechanic isn't broken. It works as it is supposed to: strike area targets that have 2 mountains and a Pizza Hut in front of them.

I would suggest puttingcan put rants here: http://forum.worldof...anges-feedback/

This thread is for feedback.

Statpadderer #8 Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24887 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostWindSplitter1, on 07 August 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

THe base mechanic isn't broken. It works as it is supposed to: strike area targets that have 2 mountains and a Pizza Hut in front of them.

I would suggest puttingcan put rants here: http://forum.worldof...anges-feedback/

This thread is for feedback.

Juts because you don´t share my opinion doesn´t mean it´s not feedback.

The base mechanic is broken: every other vehicle in the game has to put itself at some risk when damaging or spotting enemies (= earning xp), arty doesn´t.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostStatpadderer, on 07 August 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

View Postenrico7113, on 07 August 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

give us the option to play matches without arty please

This /\ and this /\ /\ please.

PLEASE!

Face it, arty doesn't work. The class is used now to focus lightly armor tanks, instead of the heavies. Modification working as intended?

Just fire this department, give all these annoying arty players 10 credits for each arty in compensation and be done with it. Hell, throw in another 10 gold for the fckn LEFH craptanks and thats it.

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16244 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostStatpadderer, on 08 August 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Juts because you don´t share my opinion doesn´t mean it´s not feedback.

The base mechanic is broken: every other vehicle in the game has to put itself at some risk when damaging or spotting enemies (= earning xp), arty doesn´t.

That's the problem with your argument, thought you're correct when you say it doesn't mean it isn't feedback.

Nevertheless, the base mechanic isn't broken as it enables SPGs to do what it is supposed to. The mechanic is intended for that specific class.

Other vehicles have to expose themselves to some risk in those two situations? They are expected to since they were built for it.

>Lights have mobility, stealth and view range

>Mediums have some mobility, some armour, some firepower and some view range

>Heavies have armour and some view range

>Tank Destroyers have firepower and some stealth

While SPGs have one thing and one thing only: Firepower and shooting radius, which can be included in "Firepower". Like the above, there are some fluctuations but as a general rule, they have nothing else to go for when the SHTF.

Other vehicles have to expose themselves to some risk in those two situations? Artillery doesn't since it doesn't have to nor is it expected to do so.

Furthermore, they are support vehicles. Before, they did more than that. You could carry games in SPGs, certainly it won't be hard to find videos featuring T92s wiping the battlefields.

Nowadays, they can't even defend themselves, which is only fair, considering the advantages the mechanics designed for them give, in spite of the restrictions that are inherent with its use.

Other vehicles have different mechanics as they will see action in areas SPGs are less likely. The opposite stands true. If players use it towards other purposes, it's a community problem, not related to the Class, which in turn, can be said about all others and even specific vehicles.

All of which has already been said before, so it is not news for you either. If this is simply because it's "kewl" to bash on artillery, it's quite childish, though your comments didn't strike me as being based on that.

Another fact are two SPGs that have a shorter range than all other vehicles (~500m vs 720m). By that logic, all such vehicles, that exceed the range of others, should be removed as well.

As I'm sure the playerbase would be happy playing their favourite vehicles, including those who play SPGs, when coupled with the on-going efforts by WG to introduce HD models of SPGs, coding new mechanics and implementing then, which consume development team man-hours, that will not happen.

If anything I'd argue that Tier VIII Premium SPGs are more likely than its removal. Although this is much debatable.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 08 August 2017 - 06:50 PM.

Statpadderer #11 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24887 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostWindSplitter1, on 08 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Nevertheless, the base mechanic isn't broken as it enables SPGs to do what it is supposed to. The mechanic is intended for that specific class.

(...)

Other vehicles have to expose themselves to some risk in those two situations? Artillery doesn't since it doesn't have to nor is it expected to do so.

So what you are saying is, basically: "The mechanic isn´t broken because it is designed that way"?

That design of the class is exactly what is broken about the whole concept and it´s implementation in this game.

sebastianflorentin #12 Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31028 battles
  • [AC-RO] AC-RO
When you introduce the new arty you reduce them to maximum 3 arty per team and now you want to reduce to 2 arty per team i disagree because if we a mission which is to let's say for example to discover 3 artys and damage them how can we do that if we 3 artys on the enemy team.But i think you should improve SPG's by increasing their gun arc and some other statistics.I always hate when i am playing arty especially on a city map because there are some which you can shoot at all.

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Stop debating, start removing.

WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16244 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 09 August 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Stop debating, start removing arty haters.

There, fixed.

View PostStatpadderer, on 09 August 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

So what you are saying is, basically: "The mechanic isn´t broken because it is designed that way"?

That design of the class is exactly what is broken about the whole concept and it´s implementation in this game.

:facepalm:

It seems it is of no use to reason with you.

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 09 August 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Stop debating, start removing.

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 49208 battles

Indirect fire mechanic is worthwhile keeping in the game so yes to SPGs remaining.

Drop the splash area back to or close to original values The reduction in damage and pen with the addition of stun is ok maybe a few tweaks here and there but no big deal.

But the very large splash some have is too much.

The bit where SPGs became somewhat broken is when the lines were increased to tier 10.

The SPGs that could in theory have operated close to the front such as the bishop or FV304  work fine they do not have the range to cover an entire map they are support vehicles that could operate tactically.

Some of our SPGs would never even see a tank battle you are talking divisional support pieces typically firing at 10 miles or more.

Big mistake huge mistake should never have been added to the game 75mm 88mm maybe 105mm  but the 155 or the british  5 and even 8 inch guns and bigger nope

Anyway we are stuck with them now so have to work with what we have  

Abdulrahman_20 #17 Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36038 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME

لماذا لم يتم تحسين برج T110E4من حيث السقف

Barkoczi_Emanuel #18 Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26749 battles

Hi guys,

to telling the truth, I am not sure the arty mechanic can stay in the game.

Firstly, Looking at the results after the battles, I reckon, the stun damage quite useless against direct damage, esspecially if you are with a top tier arty. Last battle everywhere I shoot, my stun was supported by my mates, however I earned only the 5th place of experience. 5.6k stun dmg, with a little 850 dmg (which is indirect, dont forget) was not enough even to get into the top 3 place of experience. Change something guys please, as I am not able to do anymore the experience challenges because of that. Before this change you had the chance to complete it if you worked hard and used AP shells. Unfortunately you removed them, stealing the only help from artilleries to be able to get better results. I hope you boost the arties to be able to get more experience

Secondly, my favourite tanks were always the light tanks. But lets  think about the scouter's original friends, the arties. They are useless enough by nowadays to support and give as many spot damage as should be given. I bless the God I had got the 3th gunmark on m41 Bulldog before this mechanic came. So, what can you do with a spotter tank on Prokhorovka? You can bring down the stars from the sky, light the map like it would be a christmas-tree, but nobody can support him if an ugly hill is between the teams. What about the arty? Maybe they damage more than 300 HP into a LIGHT TANK(!!!), but it is impossible to enjoy spotting anymore. And that was one of the most suitable map for light tanks. I am beggin wargaming, dont improve the spotters guns, dont give them 500mm penetration. Give wider maps, or restore the arties ability.

Regards

Mani

NemShadow #19 Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25844 battles
  • [BEGOD] BEGOD

As said before by someone else, the basic mechanic of the artillery is completely broken, even more since their last "nerf". Cause yeah, making them skyspammers again isn't a nerf to me. And now even if the shells bounce, they stun the crew. WTF ??? A superheavy tank like the Maus or E-100 would protect his crew much better than other tanks for a simple reason : their weight ! A low caliber shell couldn't make them move a lot, so stun the crew ? Almost impossible. To make the game fair I agree there must be a stun but much shorter than if it hits a light or a medium. And btw, the spall liners all have the same stun duration reduction ? Seriously ?

The best thing to do would be to remove the arties from the game since now the light tanks are reaching the tier 10 and don't really need fire support anymore.

Takatane #20 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16496 battles
  • [D076] D076
One of the changes stated was the splash damage radius and that there would be no splash damage when hiding behind solid cover. On airfield there is a rock that does not protect you against splash damage. The rock was about 4 times wider than my tank and 3 times higher than my tank. the arty shell landed on the oposite side of the rock, but I still got crew stun and damage. I was artied the crap out of me. Seems that it does not work for all the hard cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users