Jump to content


Extra Lies: D-Day


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,443
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
A special episode from our friends at Extra Credits dedicated to the Invasion of Normandy series.

The full text of the news item

Boodler #2 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23533 battles
  • 43
  • [F--U] F--U
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015

I only forwarded in the video and I happened to land at 10:32, I see this:

Forget it, I can't insert screen shot picture.

 

So they are saying about 400 gallons is about 800 liter.

Nice.

 

 



TheKroo #3 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostBoodler, on 01 August 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I only forwarded in the video and I happened to land at 10:32, I see this:

Forget it, I can't insert screen shot picture.

 

So they are saying about 400 gallons is about 800 liter.

Nice.

 

 

 

Hi,

 

Thanks for checking out the video.

 

Richard says 400 gallons are about 18 hundred (1,800) liters. For a mental conversion it is relatively close to being spot on (1818,4303392087 liters).

The English Captions (subtitles) do have a mistake where it says 800 liters. A digit must have slipped out during  the subtitling process. We will correct that. Cheers for the nudge.



Homer_J #4 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27020 battles
  • 27,657
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Yeah, looks like someone confused it with kg to lb conversion and got it the wrong way round.

 

I see it's just the subtitles.


Edited by Homer_J, 01 August 2017 - 04:18 PM.


Boodler #5 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23533 battles
  • 43
  • [F--U] F--U
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015

View PostTheKroo, on 01 August 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

 

Ah, ok, good.

 

I watched like 5 seconds without sound to see what the video is like.

Glad the sound is spot on.

 

By the way, the guys is spot on if it is UK (Imperial) gallon.


Edited by Boodler, 01 August 2017 - 04:29 PM.


TheKroo #6 Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostBoodler, on 01 August 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Ah, ok, good.

 

I watched like 5 seconds without sound to see what the video is like.

Glad the sound is spot on.

 

By the way, the guys is spot on if it is UK (Imperial) gallon.

 

You're right indeed. Richard is British, thus makes sense he was referring to Imperial Gallons. As the American Gallons would be around 1500 liters.

Bucifel #7 Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27727 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

great title and very representative for WG 2017 !

"Extra Lies"

:teethhappy:

 

anyway, like for video.

at least here we can see some history..if in game is not possible..


Edited by Bucifel, 01 August 2017 - 07:40 PM.


superfly2000 #8 Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76554 battles
  • 1,468
  • [SFLY] SFLY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011

Didn't watch the whole videos but comon...two blokes having an overly long chat...

 

Enjoyed the last history video much more. It was completely different.



SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14992 battles
  • 1,686
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice

Skunk_workz #10 Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 50987 battles
  • 157
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
  • Member since:
    04-12-2012
Richard, it was Hungarian-born engineer Nicholas Straussler who developed the collapsible floats for the DD tanks, not Hobbart and first installed on a Valentine.  In fact amphibious tanks were first developed in WW1

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35172 battles
  • 3,538
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
Reminded me of "Sheldon Cooper presents Fun with Flags" :)

laceleste #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40964 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

 

It was nice to hear the emphasis put on the human cost of war and the wish to resolve conflicts without violence. When that happens human kind will have achieved great progress.

War should be confined to fiction as in games where it becomes a sorts of sports rather than mass killing.



TheKroo #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Postsuperfly2000, on 01 August 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Didn't watch the whole videos but comon...two blokes having an overly long chat...

 

Enjoyed the last history video much more. It was completely different.

 

Glad you had liked the previous series.

The idea behind this was to record a conference between two authors discussing the points missed or raised by the community.

 

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 02 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Reminded me of "Sheldon Cooper presents Fun with Flags" :)

 

ummmm!

 

View Postlaceleste, on 03 August 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

It was nice to hear the emphasis put on the human cost of war and the wish to resolve conflicts without violence. When that happens human kind will have achieved great progress.

War should be confined to fiction as in games where it becomes a sorts of sports rather than mass killing.

 

Glad you liked it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users