Jump to content


Insane lag on EU2 server

lag delay

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

B_Roy #1 Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28573 battles
  • 119
  • [HARB] HARB
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

Hi guys,

 

Specially since last month I have insane lag on EU2 server.

 

Whenever I tired to play on EU2 i have mini shutters it is unplayable, Then immediatly I change to server EU1 and everything perfect.

 

Do you guys have any idea ?



Staalkugler #2 Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17571 battles
  • 220
  • [S-O-O] S-O-O
  • Member since:
    07-21-2011

I got the same thing going on, sort of for like a month. I say sort of because it's not like it's lagspiking for me but the last month I have had +20ms Latency on EU2 and I still have that. And I certainly did not change anything on my end. Could ofc. also be my isp but I hear other people like the OP having similliar issues recently.

 

Ps. Maybe It is actually also lag spiking for me lately. Have had a lot of cases where my tank suddenly takes a turn to the left or any direction really when I am just trying to go in a straight line.


Edited by Staalkugler, 02 August 2017 - 07:57 AM.


Homer_J #3 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,124
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

 

Do you guys have any idea ?

 

Yes.



B_Roy #4 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28573 battles
  • 119
  • [HARB] HARB
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

 

Yes.

 

:) and ???

Sir_Bad #5 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45141 battles
  • 495
  • Member since:
    10-08-2011

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Do you guys have any idea ?

 

In these cases, it is always adviseable to first run PingPlotter to the resepective logins of EU1 and EU2. It could just be a problem with the routing to EU2. In this case, neither you nor your ISP has to have a problem, but you still might get lags on EU2, because there might be some packet-loss at some point of the routing. (Telia routing points [I don't even know if this is the correct term] were notorious for these kind of problems in the past for example)



Hedgehog1963 #6 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51290 battles
  • 7,475
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

 

:) and ???

 

Homer has decided for all of us for all time that there is no lag.  

Hellmut34 #7 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16558 battles
  • 12
  • [TFVS] TFVS
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

Yes indeed.

But for me it's both servers sometimes and to the point where I actually feel like jacking it all in.
I Love this game, and my brother and I have put in a lot of time into it in the last year and a half. 
But it's come to the point now where there are so many irritating things going on that it's just not fun anymore.

1) Stun Mechanics
2) New awful MM for platoons
3) Micro Stuttering and Lag

4) APCR and HEAT spam due to armour power creep.
5) Constant bickering and whining in chat even before the game has got going.

Oh dear.



Homer_J #8 Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,124
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

 

:) and ???

 

Oh, you actually want to know any more.

 

Most people just want to blame WG and aren't interested in proving it.

 

point pingplotter at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu and let it run while you play a couple of rounds.  Note if you get lag during that time.

save the trace as an image file and attach it to the forum.

 

View PostHedgehog1963, on 02 August 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

 

Homer has decided for all of us for all time that there is no lag.  

 

Wrong.. I accept that lots of people get lag for lots of reasons.  I would like to find out why.  But I realise most people here don't care for facts.

B_Roy #9 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28573 battles
  • 119
  • [HARB] HARB
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

Oh, you actually want to know any more.

 

Most people just want to blame WG and aren't interested in proving it.

 

point pingplotter at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu and let it run while you play a couple of rounds.  Note if you get lag during that time.

save the trace as an image file and attach it to the forum.

 

 

Wrong.. I accept that lots of people get lag for lots of reasons.  I would like to find out why.  But I realise most people here don't care for facts.

 

I will get pingplotter logs tonight and share them in here.

 

Thanks.



japtank #10 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27619 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

 

But I realise most people here don't care for facts.

 

Dude, the only fact that matters to people posting here is that they have lag and, wherever the trouble might be, it's WG IT specialists' job to investigate the problem and have a little chat with the people in charge.

You've already been ridiculed yesterday for spouting nonsense about this, so stop being a jerk and thank you for the bumps I guess :P



jabster #11 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,457
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

I will get pingplotter logs tonight and share them in here.

 

Thanks.

 

It's probably worth having a read of this article as well as it explains how to look at the results.

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/461


Edited by jabster, 02 August 2017 - 09:09 AM.


Homer_J #12 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,124
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postjaptank, on 02 August 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

 

it's WG IT specialists' job to investigate the problem 

 

How do you work that out?

 

I've helped other people before when it's turned out to be their router which is causing the issue.  I find it best to eliminate the easy to spot, easy to cure, and most common cause of problems first.

 

Or do you change the engine on your car every time a bulb blows?

 

Quote

You've already been ridiculed

LOL to that one.


Edited by Homer_J, 02 August 2017 - 09:11 AM.


laachta #13 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 34421 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010
I usually join EU1 which has been running just fine for me for good few weeks since I started playing again. The other night I accidentally joined EU2 and the rather horrible lag struck me almost immediately forcing me to switch to EU1 after one game.

jabster #14 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,457
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

 

How do you work that out?

 

I've helped other people before when it's turned out to be their router which is causing the issue.  I find it best to eliminate the easy to spot, easy to cure, and most common cause of problems first.

 

Or do you change the engine on your car every time a bulb blows?

 

Quote

You've already been ridiculed

LOL to that one.

 

He's got a point though shouldn't WG be responsible for problems with your router?



Homer_J #15 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,124
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postjabster, on 02 August 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

 

He's got a point though shouldn't WG be responsible for problems with your router?

 

I hold them completely responsible for problems with my router, fridge, washing machine, vacuum cleaner.....

jabster #16 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,457
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

 

I hold them completely responsible for problems with my router, fridge, washing machine, vacuum cleaner.....

 

The strange thing is people complain with the advice you give and how WG should look at it yet the first thing CS will do is tell you to follow the same advice as you give.

Edited by jabster, 02 August 2017 - 09:22 AM.


Homer_J #17 Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,124
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postjabster, on 02 August 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

 

The strange thing is people complain with the advice you give and how WG should look at it the first thing CS will do is tell you to follow the same advice as you give.

 

That's another repetitive forum theme, they never believe WG CS but for some reason their ISP CS are perfect.

B_Roy #18 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28573 battles
  • 119
  • [HARB] HARB
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View Postlaachta, on 02 August 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

I usually join EU1 which has been running just fine for me for good few weeks since I started playing again. The other night I accidentally joined EU2 and the rather horrible lag struck me almost immediately forcing me to switch to EU1 after one game.

 

Same as here. Joined stronghold(EU2) cant play cause of lag/shutters. Returned back EU1 , everything perfect..

jabster #19 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,457
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostB_Roy, on 02 August 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

Same as here. Joined stronghold(EU2) cant play cause of lag/shutters. Returned back EU1 , everything perfect..

 

That's all well and good but unless you run pingplotter WG aren't going to help you.

Edited by jabster, 02 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.


B_Roy #20 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28573 battles
  • 119
  • [HARB] HARB
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View Postjabster, on 02 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

 

That's all well and good but unless you run pingplotter WG aren't going to help you.

 

I will dude as soon as tonight when ı go home ..





Also tagged with lag delay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users