Jump to content


So what's up with XVM right now?

xvm

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Svenmpa #1 Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16756 battles
  • 36
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014
I have it enabled, but no values are showing up in game. AFAIK there has not been an update of XVM since July 20th.
Anyone know what's up?

ThebaldEagle #2 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 750 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Maby xvm gave up knowing that it is not a WG product. And thanks good for that.

 

EDIT. maby try to find the xvm forum and ask there.


Edited by ThebaldEagle, 02 August 2017 - 11:02 AM.


Joggaman #3 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22542 battles
  • 5,828
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostSvenmpa, on 02 August 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I have it enabled, but no values are showing up in game. AFAIK there has not been an update of XVM since July 20th.
Anyone know what's up?

 

XVM found out players probably perform better without the stat-part, so they removed the feature. 

DurtiArry #4 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 55592 battles
  • 277
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L
  • Member since:
    11-27-2012

View PostJoggaman, on 02 August 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

XVM found out players probably perform better without the stat-part, so they are enhancing removed the feature. 

 

That's probably the reason............:teethhappy:



commer #5 Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38080 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
They realized it's used by arty scum to focus others and they killed the stats. Finally!

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14332 battles
  • 1,736
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Postcommer, on 02 August 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

They realized it's used by arty scum to focus others and they killed the stats. Finally!

 

Are you talking about yourself?

Suurpolskija #7 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16653 battles
  • 1,207
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
Was working just fine yesterday.

Homer_J #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSuurpolskija, on 03 August 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Was working just fine yesterday.

 

Rats, that's killed all hope that XVM decided to do the decent thing.

malachi6 #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48655 battles
  • 3,092
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
You have to activate services every 14 days I believe.

Svenmpa #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16756 battles
  • 36
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014
Problem solved. For some reason I had to go again to the mod-xvm webpage and activate it again, although the webpage said 11 days left.
Well well, guess XVM still lives ;)

commer #11 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38080 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 03 August 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

 

Are you talking about yourself?

 

??? I don't even use XVM stats. It's demoralizing to see an obvious loss so I'd rather be ignorant about it since from time to time you pull those upset wins.

SlyMeerkat #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15036 battles
  • 1,705
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
I dont know, i dont use mods ;)

Kozzy #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38543 battles
  • 2,328
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 03 August 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

 

Rats, that's killed all hope that XVM decided to do the decent thing.

 

Surely you would want WG to do the 'decent' thing? As if XVM stopped, someone else would just pick up and scrape WG's API?  I think WG should prevent displaying of stats in-battle (even the player names) until after the battle has finished.

Homer_J #14 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

Surely you would want WG to do the 'decent' thing? As if XVM stopped, someone else would just pick up and scrape WG's API?  I think WG should prevent displaying of stats in-battle (even the player names) until after the battle has finished.

 

I do keep checking my profile page to see if they have added the same option we have for WoWS.  I don't think that would kill off XVM, they could start collecting their own data via users but I don't know if that would be too much effort for them.  It would show that WG want to do something about it though.

HeidenSieker #15 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,423
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

 I think WG should prevent displaying of stats in-battle (even the player names) until after the battle has finished.

 

I agree with that - for the opposing team members.

Kozzy #16 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38543 battles
  • 2,328
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 03 August 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

 

I do keep checking my profile page to see if they have added the same option we have for WoWS.  I don't think that would kill off XVM, they could start collecting their own data via users but I don't know if that would be too much effort for them.  It would show that WG want to do something about it though.

 

I'm not sure what WG's stance is on it all, other than displaying an apparent apathy on the matter?  What do WG stand to gain from XVM showing in-battle stats?

 

View PostHeidenSieker, on 03 August 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

 

I agree with that - for the opposing team members.

 

I'm not sure, I still think some players would use it (stats, not player names) as a trigger for whining - "not enough blue/purples we lose!!!" kind of thing.


Edited by Kozzy, 03 August 2017 - 12:27 PM.


Homer_J #17 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

 

I'm not sure what WG's stance is on it all, other than displaying an apparent apathy on the matter?  What do WG stand to gain from XVM showing in-battle stats?

 

 

They don't like it but they know that a large part of the playerbase do so they put up with it.



CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35200 battles
  • 3,565
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 03 August 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

 

They don't like it but they know that a large part of the playerbase do so they put up with it.

 

XVM and the stats it displays at least give you something to do while you're losing game after game after game after game ........

PUNISHER989_EU #19 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3155 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013
XVM overall stats and win chance is just garbage. its a useless feature that is totally inaccurate. 

Edited by PUNISHER989_EU, 03 August 2017 - 12:38 PM.


CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35200 battles
  • 3,565
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostPUNISHER989_EU, on 03 August 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

XVM overall stats and win chance is just garbage. its a useless feature that is totally inaccurate.

 

Translation - reroll is going REALLY badly.





Also tagged with xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users