The Polish Poodle.. Panther.. VK 30.02 M Thingy.. And The HT no. VI

What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20589 battles

Hey guys just how many did of them did you put down today and wow are they easy to kill! Has anyone bought one? I fell off a ladder and been out of action for a few days so I've missed out on all the WoT action but no long term injuries apart from my pride and I finally got some home broadband today so got a few games just now playing only the T34-85M and so I encountered these new stolen German tanks that's supposed to be a Polish tank and a Polish Panther but tbh it's just the German VK 30.02 M with some slap on it.

That said, I had a VK 30.02 M a while back and since it got a buff it was actually a really decent tier6 medium and was in truth the closest we could get to a fully upgraded tank that still looked like the iconic Panther we see so often in war docs so comparing the two they are pretty much identical in every way however the Polish Puddle(of tears from crying from what I saw) took an early shower in the 9 battles or so I was in a short while ago, the 34M just had the edge on it. Now is this an unfair assessment? Is the Poodle all bark and no bite or was it just a case of me happening to encounter some tomatoes that bought a new toy? If you bought a Pudle how have you found it? to be fair it's a really cheap premium.. it ain't free cheap like the 85M lol.. but cheap anyway so maybe you feel it's worth the few bucks? Is it a worthy addition to a players tier6 premium collection? We have all seen Polish flagged tanks in battle on a regular basis so was this just a cheap throw together to tap into the Polish player market? Is it actually a more of a Rottweiler than a Poodle?

Also on a separate note, again bear in mind I had no broadband and missed the game for almost a week, I notice there's an EXPERIENCE CHALLENGE in place and appears to have a heavy tank to win, is this another marathon so soon? To get that Japanese Heavy tank, another German tank come to mention it, a Tiger1 no less, which is always a pretty cool tank even if the Japanese are using it, one must finish first on the team in terms of experience and to the tune of 50k.. seems a tough challenge but is that Heavy tank worth the effort? or perhaps it's deceptively easy? I really can't call it just now..  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 August 2017 - 11:44 PM.

_b_ #2 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54990 battles

Bought it and played it while grinding more on foch ... gave up on the foch and just freeexp the last 110k exp to foch 155 (which is also horrible and I hate it ...yet being so bad it's kinda fun too ..!? ...)

The pudle is a stock panther that anything pens ... those I've met that have done good have mostly played it safe. That is more a bit back and not total frontline .. something that doesn't work very well ... but it sort of fun :)

But good thing is that while doing grinds and playing premiums I've done the first 3 and just need the 50k exp on top on wins to get 1.5 mill silver for the jap tiger.  Do NOT recommend using Pudel for that :teethhappy:

GekkoGordon #3 Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4001 battles
  • [-VUK-] -VUK-
Pudel is just proof that idiots will play anything WG makes into a premium, bet you 500 gold 90% of Pudel owners never touched the VK 30.02 (M)

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35708 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Think of it as not a tank, but a Berlin crew for the upcoming Polish tank line.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGekkoGordon, on 02 August 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

Pudel is just proof that idiots will play anything WG makes into a premium, bet you 500 gold 90% of Pudel owners never touched the VK 30.02 (M)

And now they don't have to as this makes more credits. It's slower on the power to weight and ground resistance. But that 10mm extra side armor is gonna make a lot of difference when top tier vs it.

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 August 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

seems a tough challenge but is that Heavy tank worth the effort?

Depends on your style. It's a box with 100mm flat armor that even tier 5 tanks can pen. It's a support HT with high ROF. it was crap when it came. And I've not played it much since, but they buffed the AP and APCR pen a while back. So it's not 100% useless in +2 games now.

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 August 2017 - 02:21 AM.

Suurpolskija #6 Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Yes, there was plenty of Puddles around today, yet they seem to perfectly blend in. Didn't play tier 6 that much but the few games I did, Skoda T40 and Churchill 7 proved to be far superior. :) I don't really mind this "re-painting" tech tree tanks into premiums. At least it doesn't break balance.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #7 Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 486 battles

Recently took the Panther out for a spin (2 games) and it's a surprisingly good tank now. Can rape tiers VII and VI with extreme ease, especially on open maps.

-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 August 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Hey guys just how many did of them did you put down today and wow are they easy to kill! Has anyone bought one? I fell off a ladder and been out of action for a few days so I've missed out on all the WoT action but no long term injuries apart from my pride and I finally got some home broadband today so got a few games just now playing only the T34-85M and so I encountered these new stolen German tanks that's supposed to be a Polish tank and a Polish Panther but tbh it's just the German VK 30.02 M with some slap on it.

That said, I had a VK 30.02 M a while back and since it got a buff it was actually a really decent tier6 medium and was in truth the closest we could get to a fully upgraded tank that still looked like the iconic Panther we see so often in war docs so comparing the two they are pretty much identical in every way however the Polish Puddle(of tears from crying from what I saw) took an early shower in the 9 battles or so I was in a short while ago, the 34M just had the edge on it. Now is this an unfair assessment? Is the Poodle all bark and no bite or was it just a case of me happening to encounter some tomatoes that bought a new toy? If you bought a Pudle how have you found it? to be fair it's a really cheap premium.. it ain't free cheap like the 85M lol.. but cheap anyway so maybe you feel it's worth the few bucks? Is it a worthy addition to a players tier6 premium collection? We have all seen Polish flagged tanks in battle on a regular basis so was this just a cheap throw together to tap into the Polish player market? Is it actually a more of a Rottweiler than a Poodle?

Also on a separate note, again bear in mind I had no broadband and missed the game for almost a week, I notice there's an EXPERIENCE CHALLENGE in place and appears to have a heavy tank to win, is this another marathon so soon? To get that Japanese Heavy tank, another German tank come to mention it, a Tiger1 no less, which is always a pretty cool tank even if the Japanese are using it, one must finish first on the team in terms of experience and to the tune of 50k.. seems a tough challenge but is that Heavy tank worth the effort? or perhaps it's deceptively easy? I really can't call it just now..  

The Japanese heavy is on itself worth it—It's a good tank. (Something different to being worth enough to do this particular mission. Only you can say whether it is.)
The Polish premium looks very decent too. Premium tiers VII and VI seem much more appealing than tier VIII nowadays, on the measure of price / quality alone. The good / broken tier VIII ones are very expensive so tanks like this Pudel are very good entries to the game. (And a very sexy tank too.)

The British Firefly should still be the king of the category but the Pudel shouldn't come too short of it.

Spurtung #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61575 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 August 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Think of it as not a tank, but a Berlin crew for the upcoming Polish tank line.

Precisely.

-

View PostGekkoGordon, on 03 August 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20589 battles

View PostLegioCenturion, on 03 August 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

The Japanese heavy is on itself worth it—It's a good tank. (Something different to being worth enough to do this particular mission. Only you can say whether it is.)
The Polish premium looks very decent too. Premium tiers VII and VI seem much more appealing than tier VIII nowadays, on the measure of price / quality alone. The good / broken tier VIII ones are very expensive so tanks like this Pudel are very good entries to the game. (And a very sexy tank too.)

The British Firefly should still be the king of the category but the Pudel shouldn't come too short of it.

This is true, they're priced nicely and while tier5 is known as the money tier I've always found tier6 to be just as good for credit grinding but with notably better tanks so these premiums are good value I think for making tier6 credit building even better than a standard tank. As mentioned tier8 premiums are very expensive and that entire tier is a bit of a mess so I guess I see these tier 6 premiums as a good addition, many of which are just an existing tank turned into a premium and renamed for another nation which of course gives alternative camo etc while turning many of our favourite tier6 tanks into much better credit makers with their premium status.

I enjoy playing the Hellcat and would like to see a premium version of that brought out to build credits with a tank I really enjoy. That said, I'm really enjoying the T34-85M right now, saving up for a Jumbo which is a tank I've always found interesting but was a tank line I never got back to.. maybe WG will have a discount on tier6 US tanks this weekend? :great:

qpranger #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Played one battle, won one battle, top tier.

Did not manage to do much

because of mistimed KV-2 reload, 

got one-shotted like a schoolboy.

250swb #11 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The Japanese Tiger is pretty good, a solid tank for it's tier, the Pudel less so but the point of it is to be ready with trained crews for the Polish tech tree. If you want your Polish MOE's early when they are easy don't be caught flat footed with tomato crews.

Kozzy #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
The cynic in me thinks the T34-85m mini-marathon, the release (now) of the Pudel and the Tiger mini marathon (all tier 6 tanks) have been timed to 'flood' the matchmaker with tier 6 tanks.  To temporarily ease tier 8 or to test the matchmaker in some way...

brumbarr #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
Been playing the m4a3e8 , and the t3485ms and pudels have been a pain , they need gold to pen reliably, and battles are full of them.

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

The cynic in me thinks the T34-85m mini-marathon, the release (now) of the Pudel and the Tiger mini marathon (all tier 6 tanks) have been timed to 'flood' the matchmaker with tier 6 tanks.  To temporarily ease tier 8 or to test the matchmaker in some way...

Probably. Not that I mind the freebies. 

There's a hint, though in this current "marathon" that suggests, they don't want the beginners getting this premium.

Which is a shame, because I got a friend who could actually use another premium and he's not likely to get it while I don't really want nor need this HT6 but will likely get it anyway. 

Edit: could it also be that they want more players playing Japanese super heavies and spam prem HE and get other players shoot more prem ammo at them? 

Edited by Suurpolskija, 03 August 2017 - 08:40 AM.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20589 battles

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Surely WG have learned some tough lessons from the shitfest that is tier8 and won't turn tier6 into a replica tier8?? So far so good though.. I don't think there are any laughably OP premiums at tier6 and if WG are keen on not ending this game they'll not do that.. unless they want everyone playing either tier9-10 or tier1-3 instead

malachi6 #16 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49216 battles

View PostGekkoGordon, on 02 August 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

So basically you are saying that if I decide to spend the money I have earned on something you disagree with.  Then I am an idiot?

Can I have your email address; so as you can tell me if this pair of trousers I have been looking at are not "idiotic"?  

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20589 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 03 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

Probably. Not that I mind the freebies. 

There's a hint, though in this current "marathon" that suggests, they don't want the beginners getting this premium.

Which is a shame, because I got a friend who could actually use another premium and he's not likely to get it while I don't really want nor need this HT6 but will likely get it anyway. 

Edit: could it also be that they want more players playing Japanese super heavies and spam prem HE and get other players shoot more prem ammo at them? 

Of course this marathon is experience based so the idea from WG would also be to make sales through customers purchasing premium accounts.. what better way to complete these missions than through a premium account in which we get 50% more XP.. unless only base XP is counted?

adameitas #18 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61770 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
dunno on paper it looks quite good i mean it is more or less same m-10 just one tier lower so vs some t4 or t5 its armor can work. What a bit confuse me is that pudel has more vr then m-10.. wtf..

MrEdweird #19 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19348 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2
VK 30.02 M and the T-34-85M are my two favourite tier 6 tanks, both have good armor and excellent guns with decent mobility, basically all you need in a medium.

qpranger #20 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKozzy, on 03 August 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Also tagged with What do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users