AgingJedi raging about WG and their cheating policy

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Totieso #1 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42573 battles

Abstract: People sends lots of replays to AJ to make him comment them. Many of that replays have "cheats inside". He sends that replays to WG. WG answers with bot responses as "We don't see replays. Our system will ban that people automatically if it finds something". AJ is upset (as many of us when we write to WG to get the same sh*t), and because their system doesn't seem to work enough as he continues to get cheating replays everyday.

More controversial, he ask from WG for big youtubers as they are/were contributors, for more credibility than the rest of players. Fair? I don't think so about this.

Edited by Totieso, 03 August 2017 - 09:10 AM.

qpranger #2 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36801 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
If even this mild-mannered and good-humoured streamer has reached a boiling point, then this is indeed a damning indictment of Wargaming's shameful unwillingness to keep their game clean.

Kozzy #3 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41163 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

"Epidemic"

_EXODUZ_ #4 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37436 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I say it's a clickbait topic to get more viewers. This has been discussed ages ago.

Kozzy #5 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41163 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 03 August 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

I say it's a clickbait topic to get more viewers. This has been discussed ages ago.

Also gives people who are hopeless at the game yet another excuse for why they don't do as well as they think they should be doing...  I tend to find a correlation between the belief that 'hacking' and cheating is rife and the ability of the player who believes it.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #6 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

WTF are you talking about, there are no cheaters in WoT?!?

There can't be ANY cheaters in WoT because it's a server-sided game.

(In reality, WG doesn't give a foch...see my avatar)

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 03 August 2017 - 09:30 AM.

uglycousin #7 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47272 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

What I got from that was that he had clear evidence that some people cheated after he watched some replays. And WG did nothing about it. And he is a little upset about it.

Been there myself after I came across a replay uploaded on the forum by an idiot where he was obviously using an aimbot and tried to report him. The response from WG support was identical to the one AJ got.

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 03 August 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

(Inreality, WG doesn't give a foch...)

Not true, they are banning every now and then players and they did set up an automated system witch should detect said cheaters.

However, they also do have an image problem by appearing indifferent.

Edited by uglycousin, 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM.

Lil_Dimitry #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
  • [URMUM] URMUM

Not even showing the replay on youtube while blocking the name suggests to me that's a clickbait title just to farm some views from baddies.

At the same time I have no idea who the guy is so I might be wrong.

In all honestly I've played around 18k games now and had no trouble with "aimbot users" and even tough I know there are people out there using the mod I don't really think it's as bad as this youtuber makes it out to be, in 18k games I haven't seen a single person that I could say for sure that he's aim botting.

What I do see is barely green/yellow/red monkeys being experts at detecting if other people cheat, now that I see every game.

LaManche #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [3EGS] 3EGS

In my clan they like saying that "if you buy premium time with premium tanks, you become a premium consumer so WG will go easy on you". Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think it's true - I know two players who used the same cheat and only one of them got a seven day ban... the one who never paid a penny to WG.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 03 August 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

What I got from that was that he had clear evidence that some people cheated after he watched some replays. And WG did nothing about it. And he is a little upset about it.

Been there myself after I came across a replay uploaded on the forum by an idiot where he was obviously using an aimbot and tried to report him. The response from WG support was identical to the one AJ got.

Not true, they are banning every now and then players and they did set up an automated system witch should detect said cheaters.

However, they also do have an image problem by appearing indifferent.

They don't care about ANY of the issues brought up in the almost 7 year history of the game.

Every statement they make about issues is "alternative facts"  (TOXIC playerers, news/contests/events presented properly and on time, cheaters, riggers (proven riggers still enjoy their T26 (or whatever that impossible to get tank was), stiffling MM conversations (which are about issues only indirectly connected to the MM), tanks not EVER being availlable again (even verified that statement in a forumpost, 4 years after the event) etc. etc.

They are a bunch of liars, deceivers and con-artists... who still think that "OG Smoke and Mirrors" is a viable way to treat/adress customers.

Spurtung #11 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 71463 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTotieso, on 03 August 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

More controversial, he ask from WG for big youtubers as they are/were contributors, for more credibility than the rest of players. Fair? I don't think so about this.

How is that controversial? If WG won't watch replays (and mind you, people must send them by the thousands) to save manhours and these guys will, why wouldn't WG capitalize on the free labor? 

jack_timber #12 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38267 battles

If he hasn't the 'ear' of WG  what chance do others have?

Out of all the WoT YouTube streamers there are I reckon this guy speaks a lot of sense and I like his laid back style. So when he is getting hissed off there must be a problem.

The biggest problem is we don't know 4 sure if an opposing player is using this mod or not, let's face it we don't even know if a teammate is using it. Dunno about yourselves but it seems some hits I receive seem a little 'iffy' but just put it down to luck, bad that is for me....

Edited by jack_timber, 03 August 2017 - 10:02 AM.

uglycousin #13 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47272 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

WG is a corporation witch employs many. Some of their employees are players just like ourselves and they do care about the game. They really do. And it is quite hard to please everyone.

But hey, it`s hard to defend the ones trying their best when you are getting bot-like responses from other WG employees. :|

And I am not even going to touch the subject of broken promises made by WG ... that is a completely different mess.

View Postjack_timber, on 03 August 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

If he hasn't the 'ear' of WG  what chance do others have?

Out of all the WoT YouTube streamers there are I reckon this guy speaks a lot of sense and I like his laid back style. So when he is getting hissed off there must be a problem.

The problem is that the automated system is not perfect. Even after ban waves some people still install aimbots and are dumb enough to send them in replay contests. And when he points out the cheater ... nothing happens.

I believe he did not show the replays with the aimbots because "name&shame" and not wanting to fuel the tomatoes thinking that every game where they get bested was full of cheaters.

commer #14 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38280 battles

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 03 August 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

WTF are you talking about, there are no cheaters in WoT?!?

There can't be ANY cheaters in WoT because it's a server-sided game.

(In reality, WG doesn't give a foch...see my avatar)

You are wrong. The argument is there are no HACKERS but there are cheaters. When people accuse you of hacking because you are invisible or have some superpower they are wrong. All there is are illegal mods which give you an advantage though you don't win battles by being a super aiming pro but by map awareness and positioning so an aimbot helps bad players a lot but good players only very little.

Lil_Dimitry #15 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2318 battles
  • [URMUM] URMUM

View PostSpurtung, on 03 August 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

How is that controversial? If WG won't watch replays (and mind you, people must send them by the thousands) to save manhours and these guys will, why wouldn't WG capitalize on the free labor?

1. Taken from wot.wiki

Client vs Server編輯

When you fire a shot, your shell trajectory is first calculated based on the data the client has. It is later updated with the data confirmed by the server. If the difference was big, then you may see shell tracers leave your barrel at an angle or change flight path mid-trajectory.

It is unclear whether only the aiming point or also the dispersion of the trajectory around this center point is corrected based on server data. At least in v0.7.1, if you watch a replay, you can notice that each time you play it, your trajectory will be slightly different. This indicates that either dispersion is not synchronized between client and server, or that it is during a battle but that data is missing in the replay files. In any case, currently replays cannot be used to find out where your shot went exactly. 

2. I doubt the guy in question is as good as he thinks he is at spotting cheaters.

jugilismaani #16 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22504 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

e: nevermind I guess there was more to it after continuing to watch it..

Edited by jugilismaani, 03 August 2017 - 09:53 AM.

commer #17 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38280 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 03 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

WG is a corporation witch employs many. Some of their employees are players just like ourselves and they do care about the game. They really do. And it is quite hard to please everyone.

But hey, it`s hard to defend the ones trying their best when you are getting bot-like responses from other WG employees. :|

And I am not even going to touch the subject of broken promises made by WG ... that is a completely different mess.

The problem is that the automated system is not perfect. Even after ban waves some people still install aimbots and are dumb enough to send them in replay contests. And when he points out the cheater ... nothing happens.

I believe he did not show the replays with the aimbots because "name&shame" and not wanting to fuel the tomatoes thinking that every game where they get bested was full of cheaters.

To be honest I found that every company over a certain size contains 45% idiots, 50% people who are unmotivated by those idiots and 5% people who drag the thing for the other 95%. So WG is no different than any other company I worked for. 

uglycousin #18 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47272 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostLil_Dimitry, on 03 August 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

1. Taken from wot.wiki

Client vs Server編輯

When you fire a shot, your shell trajectory is first calculated based on the data the client has. It is later updated with the data confirmed by the server. If the difference was big, then you may see shell tracers leave your barrel at an angle or change flight path mid-trajectory.

It is unclear whether only the aiming point or also the dispersion of the trajectory around this center point is corrected based on server data. At least in v0.7.1, if you watch a replay, you can notice that each time you play it, your trajectory will be slightly different. This indicates that either dispersion is not synchronized between client and server, or that it is during a battle but that data is missing in the replay files. In any case, currently replays cannot be used to find out where your shot went exactly. 

2. I doubt the guy in question is as good as he thinks he is at spotting cheaters.

You have no idea how an aimbot works and looks like when watching a replay, do you now? :)

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28391 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Well unfortunately if nothing is done about then like most things in life it becomes a case of "If you can't beat em join em!" in which case everyone starts downloading aim bots etc since WG don't give damn, do nothing about it seemingly and we all want to fight with as much parity to the next player as possible.. I won't btw but..  but if it's that rampant and if it's really of little interest to WG which I doubt, then I understand why players would download aimbots and the likes. 

It would be REALLY bad for business if WG let these cheat softwares go by unchecked however, money is money and it wouldn't make business sense for WG to not take the matter very seriously. These things lead to other money costing softwares which I'm sure you all know and see on the likes of GTAV online where there are a ridiculous amount of mods spawning vehicles, money, you name it.. 

Medics_Gun #20 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62655 battles

The days of WoT are numbered so don't expect to see "customers" banned. Like it or not, the company is not going to damage its own wallet.

Merge of servers EU1 and EU2 is coming on March 2018 and the future is same as the NA server.

The game is broken (unbalanced, unfair with lame mm), unfriendly for new players and full of cheaters.

I'm still here just to watch the final fall and hear the big bang. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users