Supertest Information - What Comes After 9.20?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Virusas #41 Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13366 battles
  • [ALTTD] ALTTD

Dear WG staff,

Please,make every tier X tank to have something unique (good example:German tier X light tank Rhm. Pzw has that interesting gun handling mechanism,or Swedish Strv 103B with 2 different modes).Adding armor to every tier X heavy won't do a trick.For example,years ago I heard about ST-II: a new tier X Russian heavy tank with 2 guns!I think it was a good idea just you needed to balance it carefully:playing:.Leave Type 5 heavy with intimidating armor but remove that HE gun,make this tank mostly useless at damage dealing but great at taking damage.Same thing with Maus:great:.Let's talk about Sheridan.This beast is a tricky ones because this tank shoots with rockets,not HE rounds:facepalm:.You should add a new ammunition type for it.I understand that all these things I said are hard to complete but it's possible.:izmena:There are even more interesting and crazy thoughts in my head,sadly I am going out of time:(.

Virusas:justwait:

Virusas #42 Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13366 battles
  • [ALTTD] ALTTD

View Postleggasiini, on 11 August 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Atleast they didnt buff the LFP, its still very reliable weakspot on all of these tanks against pretty much every single tank they can face, and side armor is also weak on these 3. Could have been worse.

Will most likely have its own branch (2nd HT) line. Makes sense because the tank really isnt related to the development of the tanks of current HT line. It is more related to Centurions than Conqueror; both conceptually and play-style wise (better gun than Centurions and stronger turret (even after Cent buffs) but slower). 

Chieftain is more likely a medium not heavy tank(It's actually a main battle tank though-somewhere between heavy and medium).But still,we can say that this toy is Centurion tank line predecessor.

mantazzo #43 Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5125 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

Good to see Brit HTs getting some love too. Caernarvon finally looks not that bad (at least "on paper" ), and Conqueror gets even stronger turret (which was already very decent). I'm only sad the gun RoF was nerfed - maybe a bit too much imo? Less than 11s reload would still do well I think.

EDIT: Never mind the reload too much - found some more info from russian VK WOT Express. Looks like 20pdr guns are completely gone now - replaced by the 32-pdr! Plus, completely new turret for Caernarvon and also new/improved turret from the upcoming Super Conqueror to Conqueror... Interesting. Still, I need 70kXP to end the Conqueror grind and then also I need 6 millions... :D

Edited by mantazzo, 11 August 2017 - 11:21 PM.

nr90 #44 Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11982 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostDSM_28, on 03 August 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

The fv215b(183) line is even more crap, those slow tanks locked at 20kph with no good armor for their tier and low alpha damage guns... i am tired to play with 20 pounder at t8 and even t9 TD...  226pen and 230dmg on a stock tier 9 TD? really?

AT 15 should have at least Charioteer's 105mm L7 gun with better stats as top gun....i mean buff the gun for both... and Turtoise should start with the gun as standard....before unlocking 120mm L1A1

You have an awesome tier 10 tank capable of dealing 2187 damage per shot (the highest among all tier 10 tds.

The tier 9 has the highest dpm in the entire game and really nice armor, enough said?

The by branch is pure crap, all the say untill the Conqueror, and for many players it gets crapagain in tier 10...

MR_FIAT #45 Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15171 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
high tier changes are nice and all but arent we forgetting the real stinkers of the line? all the churchill derived tanks (yes i know i like my churchills but that doesnt make them good) are extremely poor currently. 

Angel_Arrow #46 Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19035 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostMrConway, on 03 August 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Now that patch 9.20 is locked in in terms of content, it is time to look at what comes after 9.20!

We will be continuing our balancing efforts and keep you up to date with developments here. 

Please remember that any and all information posted in this thread is subject to change.

Today we’re ready to share the first information about some upcoming changes.

This time we plan to test changes to vehicles in the alternative branch of British TDs: to the Supertest go the vehicles of Tiers VII, IX and X – Challenger, Conway and FV4005 Stage II. The vehicles will be updated in order to make them more competitive: they’ll get increased firepower and survivability due to improved mobility and better flexibility due to improved gun depression.

• Challenger will receive a new gun with higher alpha-damage, which should change its gameplay to be in line with other British TD’s – being able to fire from positions with less maneuvering needed.
  • Conway will also get a new gun and more flexibility for causing damage due to an increase of gun depression to -10 degrees and an increase of the turret rotation angles. In addition, the speed will be increased.
  • FV4005 Stage II – the updates of the vehicle are similar to the previous vehicles: an increase of turret rotation angles and gun elevation angles, as well as increased mobility. The updates are intended make the FV4005 more competitive on the battlefield.

Please note that this is the first stage of testing these updated TDs, final characteristics might differ from the ones mentioned above. We’ll keep you updated with the changes that are being tested on Supertest – stay tuned! 

Please can you give us some info about those "Gun Traverse Limits"? I really don't understand.

• First I thought that it was the space the gun has to move slightly to the left and right, while the turret stays in place. But that can't be the fact because 120° and 180° are too much for that.
  • Then my assumption is that it isn't the gun traverse, but the turret traverse. But then again ... what does it mean?
    • FV4004 Conway: 180° --> does that mean 90° tot the left and 90° to the right? Or is it 180° to the left and right ... which is 360° all together, no? The turret doesn't stop rotating at the back of the vehicle???
    • Challenger: 120° --> does that mean 60° tot the left and 60° to the right? Or is it 120° to the left and right? But then again this can't be right because the turret rotates 360°, no???

I really don't understand this. We had a WoTi Radio Live Stream last Wednesday and also then we had our doubts and even our viewers didn't really know how to interpret this. So ... some clarification would be nice. Thank you.

GaryThomasBolton #47 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles

Ooh!!!! Nice changes I see coming to to the Conway. It getting -10 gun depression, faster top speed and few other changes. :teethhappy:

They are turning the lame T8 British heavy Cav into a gun monster tank also with better armour. Yeh! :izmena:

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 12 August 2017 - 12:52 PM.

leggasiini #48 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1399 battles

View PostVirusas, on 11 August 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

.Leave Type 5 heavy with intimidating armor but remove that HE gun,make this tank mostly useless at damage dealing but great at taking damage.

No.

There are better options to make the tank actually unique. However, yes, the derp gun needs to go.

Edited by leggasiini, 12 August 2017 - 01:16 PM.

RiflemanThick #49 Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10599 battles
  • [EGYPT] EGYPT
What about the poor black prince tier 7 

roachex #50 Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18801 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Free tier X reward tank? Yes please!

GaryThomasBolton #51 Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles

View Postroachex, on 12 August 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Free tier X reward tank? Yes please!

When you say a reward tank, do you mean one that will be offered as a competition prize. I was hoping they might turn the FB tier 10 (now confirmed as being replaced with the Super Conq) into a premium 8 heavy for the Brits to buy in the shop. There is no British T8 heavy for sale. Or I wonder if they are thinking about offering the Chieftain then as a premium T8 heavy tank for the Bits instead?

As now it's been confirmed that the Super Conq will replace the FB - where does that leave this so called heavy Chieftain, other than it maybe being offered as a premium tank (if they are saying the current FB will be given away as a special).

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 12 August 2017 - 01:36 PM.

tajj7 #52 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21701 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Chieftain though? What is happening with that, keeping the 215b as a reward is fine and I'm also fine having the Super Conqueror, but not instead of the Chieftain.

Caernarvon changes look good, better armour, slightly bigger gun (presuming 280 alpha based on the Challengers gun) but why does the Conqueror need a change? Great gun, acceptable mobility and good turret. 

This is a very good and strong tier 9 tank, I don't want more armour if it means it's going to be slower and it's going to have less ROF, what's the point? We already have slow armoured heavy tanks. 

roachex #53 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18801 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
FV215b relabeled as special tank, and all FV215b owners gets SConq for free.

GaryThomasBolton #54 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles

View Posttajj7, on 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Chieftain though? What is happening with that, keeping the 215b as a reward is fine and I'm also fine having the Super Conqueror, but not instead of the Chieftain.

Caernarvon changes look good, better armour, slightly bigger gun (presuming 280 alpha based on the Challengers gun) but why does the Conqueror need a change? Great gun, acceptable mobility and good turret. 

This is a very good and strong tier 9 tank, I don't want more armour if it means it's going to be slower and it's going to have less ROF, what's the point? We already have slow armoured heavy tanks. 

Because in all fairness to the British heavies, from the Cav upwards. They just don't feel like true heavies and are a mix of being half-medium/half-heavy - which plays against them when going front-line facing other nation heavies like the Russian and German. I think it's a good decision to take away some mobility and make them more like proper heavy tanks adding better armour and guns.

Nobody wants to play the British heavies much after Tier 7 because they just don't stack up well enough against other nation heavies. This change from a gaming aspect might get more people wanting to use the British line-up of tanks.

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 12 August 2017 - 02:59 PM.

GaryThomasBolton #55 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles
Oh! And I should be given the FB as a special tank free seeing as I've researched every single tank in the whole British line-up. :sceptic:

RedlineRailgunningRemmel #56 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39681 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
What should be next for WoT: remove prem shells, introduce weak spots on all tanks so lower tier can pen, fix base pen on some tanks. Basically what it was pre 2013/2014. WoT is going backwards fast. I can think of 1000 ways for players to spent credits on this game without ruining the gameplay with slinging prem shells all over the place. Buffing armor like this is just NOT the way to fix any balance.

DSM_28 #57 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6760 battles

View Postnr90, on 11 August 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

You have an awesome tier 10 tank capable of dealing 2187 damage per shot (the highest among all tier 10 tds.

The tier 9 has the highest dpm in the entire game and really nice armor, enough said?

The by branch is pure crap, all the say untill the Conqueror, and for many players it gets crapagain in tier 10...

Who cares about the highest dpm on Turtoise if you can t use it... The tank is so slow that you won t take advantage... there are games you don t even have the opportunity to shot once.... I would prefer low dpm but higher alpha damage, at least you deal dmg in the few chances you have.

The other way to take advantage of dpm is to go in frontline yolo (t110E3 style) and try to shot them but the armor is crap, you won t bounce a thing against t10 and most t9 guns. Slow, heavy and no armor, the worst combination.

GaryThomasBolton #58 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles

I recently bought the Tortoise back again. I love this tank as a British playing person trying to stick to using my own nationally tank branch. However, I used it for half a day and resold it again at a loss. It has to be the most frustrating (and useless) 'well armoured' TD in the whole game. Everyone shoots that huge weak cupola (which you just cannot hide) and gets the tank killed way too fast.

You go front-line in the Tortoise these days on the server and you'll get killed fast in it, they will just hammer shots at the cupola. Which is annoying using the tank because you have other nations with very strong armoured top tier TD that just don't suffer from the same issue but also have huge cupola that bounces shots of it.

The tank already has a weakness in that it can be flanked or penned easy enough with side shots on it. Why does it also need to have that front-end super weakness as well?

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 13 August 2017 - 11:05 AM.

suvicze #59 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB

View PostGaryThomasBolton, on 12 August 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

They just don't feel like true heavies and are a mix of being half-medium/half-heavy - which plays against them when going front-line facing other nation heavies like the Russian and German. I think it's a good decision to take away some mobility and make them more like proper heavy tanks adding better armour and guns.

French heavies also dont feel like heavies but like bigger mediums with bigger guns. Should they also add more armor to them and cut their mobility in half so they feel more like heavies taking away their uniqueness?

This is the biggest problem recently. They are making all tanks T8+ too similar, soon enough there will be no variety. Most T8+ meds will have good turret armor in 9.20... thats not really the way the game should be going.

Personally I dont like the changes to Conqueror. It is fine as it is, good enough mobility, great gun and reliable turret armor which didnt really need more armor, while the armor everywhere else is weak + ammorack behind LFP. If they really wanted to do something with it then they should pronounce its strong points a bit more. Bit more top speed or better ground resistances, bit more gun depression and dpm. If people want armored heavy they can go play type4, st-I, vk45b or mauschen or planned super conqueror...

GaryThomasBolton #60 Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30325 battles
Well the French heavy is an auto-loader, also does 65mph and far more agile than a FV. The FV only goes 40mph (same as most other heavies like IS4 and IS7, or other German heavies. There's really nothing to shout about on the speed stakes - then is has less armour than them all and is not an auto-loader. it pretty much falls into the same category as all the other slow heavies - while the top tier 10 French heavy is a different type of tank altogether. Not only does it have the speed and agility of a medium, but also have the auto-loading for one shot kills of other heavies and then can run off at 65mph to reload

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 13 August 2017 - 02:00 PM.

769 user(s) are reading this topic

86 members, 683 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gremlin182, Mister_No_2013, immortal_sniper1, DENISCLAU01, myleopard, VoirVoix, _SpartanWarrior_, Axeltoft, pavargau, Kikos23, kostaoko, KOKO_vr, InvincibleTank, gaag85