9.20 the return of the "ranked battles"!?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

HundeWurst #1 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

I just watched some stream about the 9.20 testserver. And one option was ranked battles. Yes they returned.

What I would like to know now is whether they changed something regarding the ranked battles!?

Has anyone tried it out? Is there some info out there?

qpranger #2 Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah, in Ranked arty now limited to 6 per team.

HaZardeur #3 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles

View Postqpranger, on 03 August 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Yeah, in Ranked arty now limited to 6 per team.

You got it wrong, normal tanks are limited to 6 per team.

laulaur #4 Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostHaZardeur, on 03 August 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

You got it wrong, normal tanks are limited to 6 per team.

:D:arta::amazed:

HunterXHunter8 #5 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33071 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 03 August 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I just watched some stream about the 9.20 testserver. And one option was ranked battles. Yes they returned.

What I would like to know now is whether they changed something regarding the ranked battles!?

Has anyone tried it out? Is there some info out there?

yes they made ranked pointless since randoms give you bonds as well

monthey_ #6 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34038 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
Yea I keep reading how players have prepared their arties just for Ranked Battles to be used they once sold or didn't own. How fantastic would it be if WG banned arties from entering RB mode. One can never stop dreaming..

Edited by monthey_, 03 August 2017 - 10:37 PM.

Y_O_L_0 #7 Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18709 battles
  • [Z__G] Z__G
Ah finally my favorite game mode returns. And with great news too, the arty limit per team was increased. Oh I can't wait to be punished for playing the game. WG should implement a mini game into the garage, something like Tetris, so I can enjoy World of Tanks. That's how this game should be played, in my garage. Whenever I press the "Battle" button I deserve to be punished by arty fire... I really need to learn how to play and not press the "Battle" button like the stupid noob that I am.

HundeWurst #8 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostY_O_L_0, on 03 August 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Ah finally my favorite game mode returns. And with great news too, the arty limit per team was increased. Oh I can't wait to be punished for playing the game. WG should implement a mini game into the garage, something like Tetris, so I can enjoy World of Tanks. That's how this game should be played, in my garage. Whenever I press the "Battle" button I deserve to be punished by arty fire... I really need to learn how to play and not press the "Battle" button like the stupid noob that I am.

Do you have any source for the changes they might have done to the "ranked mode"!?

laulaur #9 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

Nah, he is just trolling us.

Here are the real changes:

This is how it will look during the 9.20 Common Test. While the number of ranks will remain unchanged, the amount of chevrons you need to progress to the next rank will alter. It will be distributed among ranks as 1-3-5-7-9, which means you only need one chevron to progress to Rank 1, but it’s nothing compared to nine chevrons to go from Rank 4 to Rank 5. It may sound easy on paper, but in reality, you have to be an experienced tanker to make it up to the top.

More to it, the mechanics for vehicle ranks will be updated, too. In Beta Season 2, no matter which rank your machine has at the moment, you’ll need exactly 5 chevrons to get to the next one.

The way you earn chevrons has also changed. If your team wins a battle and you make it to the top 10 in experience points, congratulations: you leave the battle with a chevron. You keep the same number of chevrons if you rank in the bottom 5 of a winning team or if you reach the top 5 of a losing team. If you’re out of the top 5 of a losing team—you lose one chevron.  

Uplifting the Balance

There were several crucial points regarding combat balance that you mentioned during the first season, and this is how we’ve addressed them:

• The matchmaker became smarter and will now try to gather an equal number of medium and heavy tanks for each team
  • The number of SPGs will be limited to 2 units per team
  • More maps will be available, as their rotation will be drastically improved, meaning that the chances of seeing the same map will decrease.

Revamped Rewarding

Last but not least, is that the way you receive awards will be revised. Starting from Season 2, you won’t have to wait until the end of the season to receive the major part of your Bond reward. More to it, the value of rewards will rise, as well.

Source:   https://worldoftanks...mmon-test/#tab2

Edited by laulaur, 03 August 2017 - 11:13 PM.

HundeWurst #10 Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well I found it as well on the status report.

Exactly what I expected. Half assed changed which hardly make any sense at all, either dont adress any issues or make them only a TINY bit better.

OK since we can now earn bonds in randoms as it appears we really dont need to play any ranked any more! Thats good news. Lets this abomination of a "new" mode die ASAP and in as much peace as possible.

Wargaming on track scoring yet another failure.

Well I guess these "changes" were just done to pretend that they listen to the community.

Fun fun fun for everyone! This dear ladies and gentlemen is how you kill an infant. Enjoy the sheitshow.

Schepel #11 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56870 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 03 August 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well I found it as well on the status report.

Exactly what I expected. Half assed changed which hardly make any sense at all, either dont adress any issues or make them only a TINY bit better.

OK since we can now earn bonds in randoms as it appears we really dont need to play any ranked any more! Thats good news. Lets this abomination of a "new" mode die ASAP and in as much peace as possible.

Wargaming on track scoring yet another failure.

Well I guess these "changes" were just done to pretend that they listen to the community.

Fun fun fun for everyone! This dear ladies and gentlemen is how you kill an infant. Enjoy the sheitshow.

"The way you earn chevrons has also changed. If your team wins a battle and you make it to the top 10 in experience points, congratulations: you leave the battle with a chevron. You keep the same number of chevrons if you rank in the bottom 5 of a winning team or if you reach the top 5 of a losing team. If you’re out of the top 5 of a losing team—you lose one chevron."

If this is true, I would say they actually listened and dealt with the primary reason RB were less than amusing to play at times. So, credit where credit is due?

IncandescentGerbil #12 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
The only useful function of ranked battles is to drastically thin out the numbers of tier x players in randoms, so allowing me to get predominantly 3-5-7 games in my Type 5. Honestly, I love the ranked mode. Never play it, but love it.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19620 battles

I will still keep playing ranked. I played to rank 2 every week last time. That took about 4-7 battles, which is no biggie. And you hardly lose credits since the rank rewards are pretty good. But playing to rank 4-5.... yeeeeeaaaah no.

I got about 8 hundred bonds and use them in tier 9-10 tanks to get firefighting for the duration of battle especially in Russian meds. It's only two bonds per game.

It's just like most WoT, really. It's only bad if you make it bad for yourself. Play less = have more fun.

WG should really remove arty from ranked, though. Let the Minesweeper pros click in randoms only.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostSchepel, on 04 August 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

"The way you earn chevrons has also changed. If your team wins a battle and you make it to the top 10 in experience points, congratulations: you leave the battle with a chevron. You keep the same number of chevrons if you rank in the bottom 5 of a winning team or if you reach the top 5 of a losing team. If you’re out of the top 5 of a losing team—you lose one chevron."

If this is true, I would say they actually listened and dealt with the primary reason RB were less than amusing to play at times. So, credit where credit is due?

Top 5 losers will not change anything I suspect.

Same camping to get top 5 of lovers. 

I would like to see a skillbased system. But WG doesn't want a skillbased system because then some of the lesser players who pay and play much won't reach to awards.

tajj7 #15 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSchepel, on 03 August 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

This, will fundamentally change how the mode works.

I played some games last night on the test server and as far as I could see active players on the losing team that were reasonably competent got into the top 5 and didn't lose a Chevron, plus less people were carried to Chevrons on the winning team. 

Like QB said on his stream last night, it will be a big boost for good players playing ranked and it means it's less likely the 48% ers will get to rank 5 because consistency and game winning play is more rewarded.

Plus they cut down the arty to two, which is better.  

Homer_J #16 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSchepel, on 04 August 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Not really, by treating the top 5 on the losing team differently to the rest of the losing team you still encourage running to the red line and damage farming.

Losers should all lose a chevron.  Using exp to determine who gets what is a bad idea anyway since exp distribution is and always has been somewhat broken.

Dr_ownape #17 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40613 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
as long as the credit bonus reward is still there i will play to that level and no higher

brumbarr #18 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 04 August 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Not really, by treating the top 5 on the losing team differently to the rest of the losing team you still encourage running to the red line and damage farming.

Losers should all lose a chevron.  Using exp to determine who gets what is a bad idea anyway since exp distribution is and always has been somewhat broken.

There was a difference of 2 chevrons based on 3 spots. Now there is only a difference of 1 based on 5 spots.

Thats a massive difference.

uglycousin #19 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42526 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I am curious, does the leaderboard stay the same as it was? Each week you needing X points to stay in the leagues? Or was it changed?

I am asking because I cannot google it right now.

tajj7 #20 Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 04 August 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

That just punishes people for having a crap team.

Overall playing for the win is now properly rewarded and camping the red line at best leaves you at parity, whereas before those players were being rewarded and people who did nothing but happened to be on a winning team got rewarded. 

Hence why some poor players got to rank 5 and on the leaderboards with sub 50% WRs.  If you camp the red line and be ineffective then you won't progress very quickly because you aren't helping the team win and on some games you'll get caught out with that playstyle and fall outside the top 5 and drop chevrons. 

-------------------------------------

On a side note, does all tier 10 games now give bonds? I thought it was just that new game mode? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users