Lights not scouting/Heavies not pushing/TDs not sniping. Bad Teams every game.

my team is at fault bad teams tomato

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

DeinFreund #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

I'm sure you've all had plenty of moments where your team was just being completely useless and nobody was doing his job. Now here's how you should try to react in order to get your teammate(s) to cooperate.

1. You are a teammate, how can you improve the situation? Share your plans in the chat so others can cooperate. Act as you would want your teammates to act.

Players not doing their job

There's that annoying Luchs camping behind artillery, his gun can't even reach the enemy, he should go spot.

1. The teammate you would like to advise on his play is a player just like you. Try to put yourself into his position. What does he see? What threats does he face? How could he help your team in the long run?
  2. If you have the experience to do (1), go ahead and make a friendly suggestion. "We're blind on the northeastern flank, could you spot for us?"
  3. If he refuses or is unable to complete the task, thank him for his efforts and try to think of alternative strategies. Maybe somebody else can complete the task or a retreat/push/flanking maneuver could be just as helpful.

Players not supporting you

So you died after heroically fighting against 20 enemies simultaneously, now it is time to blame your team for leaving you alone.

1. Your teammates are still alive, why aren't you? Analyze how you died and make sure you don't get yourself into such a position again.
  2. If you were going for a risky push/flanking maneuver, make sure your team is in on it before you go in for a kamikaze. 

But my team doesn't even speak English

It's the decision of your teammates whether they want to invest the effort to cooperate and communicate. Not everyone is playing to win. Be happy about every player who is willing to help you out. Try to initiate communications. It won't work all the time, but it'll definitely reflect in your multiplayer experience and winrate. Instead of insults you'll get friend requests after each game and soon enough you'll always have two other helpful and polite players on your team.

This post probably won't have much effect, but I might as well try.. 

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32597 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Especially lately. 

G01ngToxicCommand0 #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles
Well the average player is a 41-45% winrate player so....

DeinFreund #4 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Try to make the best out of it, after all you're wanting to play a Multiplayer game right? It costs nothing to be positive and will only make you feel better in the end.

SilentFear #5 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24959 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDeinFreund, on 04 August 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Try to make the best out of it, after all you're wanting to play a Multiplayer game right? It costs nothing to be positive and will only make you feel better in the end.

I love the optimism your display .... Mind coming back after 10k battles and say the same thing again ? :teethhappy:

DeinFreund #6 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

That'd be in 20 years at my current rate of playing this game. Why play if you aren't having fun? And if you are having fun, share that enthusiasm with your teammates!

PS: Since choosing this nickname I've gone through quite a few MMOs with the same mission of bringing positivity into all those games and it has always paid off. I don't think WOT will turn me now ;)

Edited by DeinFreund, 04 August 2017 - 02:15 AM.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postatomskytten, on 04 August 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

Well the average player is a 41-45% winrate player so....

That's nonsense.

@ thread: Good attitude, but it doesn't work. Already because half the playerbase doesn't speak English, but mostly because the players you are talking about aren't the kinds of people who care. Or who are bright enough to even understand you.

Edited by Jigabachi, 04 August 2017 - 03:39 AM.

jabster #8 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Some important lessons I learnt early on. Being in a team doesn't mean it's a team game; just because others don't act like they're in a team doesn't stop you from acting like it.

FAME_skill4ltu #9 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29760 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Edited i have to play the game

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 04 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

steyrman_2016 #10 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17945 battles

You can add to that, the number of times that, when sniping in a TD, some ignorant bonehead either pushes me out of position so they can have it or, pulls directly in front of me and backs up to block my line of fire.  This happened quite a lot recently so now I just go afk or let them die when they need help, as I can no longer be arsed with this kind of crap.  

They often get killed because they are too stupid to realise they are totally exposed, instead of sitting further back. 

I even had one "team mate" threaten to kill me because of the number of kills I had on one game, when he was trying to get his score up for a particular reward.  He just needed to ask.

Synopsis0 #11 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37432 battles

Yeap , tactics and flanks never existed since 1 year and in weekends , i see in these days the gameplay is hiding or stay behind to not get dmg-ed , 3-4 min battles even in tier 10 so its really bad. TD died nowadays i tried to make the Foch line and in tier 7 i just losed 30 games in a row , and matchmaking with the `new` map rotation since 3 days i played the same 5 map so yes , its a faking fun playing wot nowadays .

When you see a lot of crap take a break and play some WoW forr chill , make a BG or a Dungeon run in wow and you will feel fresh again :)

DeinFreund #12 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Even if only 10% of players are willing to cooperate, that's a 45% chance to have another cooperating player on your team. I think there are just too many players who aren't even willing to try working with their team.

Of course I don't even get a response to my messages in many games, but there are still some where we end up in a 2v6 clutch or similar and are able to pull off an epic comeback. All thanks to giving the others a chance to work as a team.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #13 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 04 August 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

That's nonsense.

@ thread: Good attitude, but it doesn't work. Already because half the playerbase doesn't speak English, but mostly because the players you are talking about aren't the kinds of people who care. Or who are bright enough to even understand you.

They are since the players with good winrates are leaving the game in droves leaving only the scum left to fester.

MattieW #14 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

It always makes a good start when someone says good luck in a game.

Far better than the usual lost saltys 

DeinFreund #15 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

View PostMattieW, on 04 August 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

It always makes a good start when someone says good luck in a game.

Far better than the usual lost saltys 

Indeed. I've been to tournaments where it was considered inappropriate not to wish your opponents good luck.

As you go up the ladders, many of your opponents actually become more polite and friendly people. I've even been invited to the training of team's I'd compete with the next day and congratulated if I beat them. Do you want to be like the pro you admire or just another pessimistic player?

jabster #16 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDeinFreund, on 04 August 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Even if only 10% of players are willing to cooperate, that's a 45% chance to have another cooperating player on your team. I think there are just too many players who aren't even willing to try working with their team.

Of course I don't even get a response to my messages in many games, but there are still some where we end up in a 2v6 clutch or similar and are able to pull off an epic comeback. All thanks to giving the others a chance to work as a team.

That all sounds good but for the average player exactly whose advice do you know to trust besides pointing out the obvious?

DeinFreund #17 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Block Quote

That all sounds good but for the average player exactly whose advice do you know to trust besides pointing out the obvious? 

Don't tell me you never watch your last game and think of all the errors you made. Just a reminder of your allies can help you rethink your situation. It's up to you to consider his proposal and decide whether it's a smart idea. For an inexperienced player this can be as simple as getting him to look at the minimap, see that he's standing on his own and getting him to retreat before he is overrun. He doesn't need to be very knowledgeable to understand your proposal, but he might not be experienced enough to think of it in the heat of the battle.

In the end he will also have a positive memory if he died in a close battle fighting alongside his team instead of dying alone being impossibly outnumbered.

Edited by DeinFreund, 04 August 2017 - 01:32 PM.

jabster #18 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDeinFreund, on 04 August 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Don't tell me you never watch your last game and think of all the errors you made. Just a reminder of your allies can help you rethink your situation. It's up to you to consider his proposal and decide whether it's a smart idea. For an inexperienced player this can be as simple as getting him to look at the minimap, see that he's standing on his own and getting him to retreat before he is overrun. He doesn't need to be very knowledgeable to understand your proposal, but he might not be experienced enough to think of it in the heat of the battle.

In the end he will also have a positive memory if he died in a close battle fighting alongside his team instead of dying alone being impossibly outnumbered.

Well actually no I don't watch my last game to see errors I made, to me this is just a game of pixel tanks. So getting back to the point for the average player, besides the obvious, how can you tell the difference between a player who knows what they're talking about and one who thinks they're a reincarnation of a German tank ace? 

DeinFreund #19 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4198 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Block Quote

Well actually no I don't watch my last game to see errors I made, to me this is just a game of pixel tanks.

This is how you get good at games. But it's understandable if you're just playing casually and for fun.

Block Quote

how can you tell the difference between a player who knows what they're talking about and one who thinks they're a reincarnation of a German tank ace?

If you get advice, think it through yourself. If I push, how will the enemy react? What resistance will I encounter? Will I survive? Will my team make use of it? Anyone can do this and you only become better at it the more you do it. You don't need to be more skilled than your advisor to consider his proposals. Maybe you'll end up refusing legit advice or execute bad plans, but in the end you'll learn from it either way.

BonjiOrongji #20 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39472 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
somehow i have the feeling that a friendly chat in the battle is just wasting my time and doing usefull things in that  time (like doing dmg, spotting, whatever) would be much more usefull ... just a taught

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users