today i realised.....

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

smoothpop1 #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24397 battles
  • [KKO] KKO

that i dont really enjoy playing WOT any more.

once upon a time i played WOT religiously and had gotten to the point where i was on course to becomming a blunicum at the least. however after quitting the game for 19 months ( i think at the time i was just pretty pissed with how the game was changing for the worse) i came back and sort of enjoyed it for a time. but now i dont. im somewhat sad about this because i really want to enjoy playing, i think that may be why i log on and press battle, but really i dont have fun here anymore.

every now and then i get 1 or 2 battles which are exciting and i have fun playing them but most days i start out optimistic about my time on WOT but over the course of 5-10 matches my enthusiasm is worn down to the point that id rather go and find some random crap to watch on you-tube than press the battle button. i dont think theres any one particular reason for this, i can think of some big contributors but overall i just find my enthusiasm sapped,

anyway im not entirely sure why i am putting this out there just felt the need to share how i feel about WOT, and i guess im wondering if anyone else out there feels the same way, do any of you find yourself playing because you want to enjoy the game as you once did even though you dont now?

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34523 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Personally, I do still enjoy the game, but I have in the past had periods where I've burned out on it and had to take a break for a while (though I know you've done this before anyway). All I'd say is if you're not enjoying it, don't play it. You can always come back and try it again if  you choose. 

smoothpop1 #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24397 battles
  • [KKO] KKO

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 04 August 2017 - 01:12 AM, said:

Personally, I do still enjoy the game, but I have in the past had periods where I've burned out on it and had to take a break for a while (though I know you've done this before anyway). All I'd say is if you're not enjoying it, don't play it. You can always come back and try it again if  you choose. 

yea i think im going to put it down for a while when my prem time runs out. ill probably just pt it on the back burner for a while and maybe get a more constructive hobby than computer games ......

Jigabachi #4 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Whenever I play the game, I have some kind of fun. If I don't, I go afk or quit right away.
These days I only play once per week or month, and only a couple of matches.

Sooo... yeah. I feel your pain.

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51638 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Sense of entitlement to win not being fulfilled.  Complains on the forum. 

Old as WoT.

NervosCuNervii #6 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

Well, to be honest, WoT is in a pretty bad shape at the moment. The balance is all over the place, the matchmaker is not doing too well for the most popular tiers in the game and the influx of premium vehicles got to a point where (and I am really counting them) they are more in a match than the regular tech tree ones at tier 8. I am counting 8-9 premium tanks per team, constantly.

And seeing that the OP is not a tomato, he may have also reached the point where once you get to know the game more and get better at it, you get more and more frustrated when you see that some teammates hit their skill ceiling at a lower level and fail to perform at your expected level.

As for me, I like challenges, so WoT is a prime candidate for that in more than one way. And I also like to unlock stuff so while I have things to grind I'll keep playing it.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25424 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I agree Op the fun ain't quire there at the moment. I'm glad I'm off on holiday for a couple of weeks.I can take a break and not be tempted to play

imendars #8 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10983 battles

I enjoy this game more than i used to.

Thats mainly cause now i have WAAAYY more tanks that i really enjoy playing even thought i fail hard in a lot of them.

Next patch i like even more.

EDIT: ofc t here are an army or other games on a line if i feel like playing something else. MMO's, MOBA's, normal and super fun games like Witcher and so on...

Edited by imendars, 04 August 2017 - 07:30 AM.

Ceeb #9 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30988 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

This is the way of the gamer in any long term relationship :) with a game, I took June and July off, due to stuff. played other stuff, completed games that were in my steam/origin library. (MoH, and Warfighter and Mass Effect 1 and 2 from scratch)   (RIP Mother and Rabbit) 

Came back here, forums are the same whine fest. WG seem to be on milking the community cycle.  Played a few games, aced a few tanks, generally had a great time....that is until Yesterday, Advances were a bust, lost most of my games, one shotted by Arty (my highlight), Tuned blue (bloody M10 rapid fire gun) got banned for an hour. 

Yep, business as usual. 

gpalsson #10 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 22393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's almost exactly how i feel. I took a break for 12-15 months, saw arty changed, got excited and then got pretty sad to see how they balance the game and stopped caring. I want to have fun playing, especially because i liked to play with certain people. But the balance and arty.... Its just so annoying. Annoying and seemingly not about to change.

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 04 August 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

It's almost exactly how i feel. I took a break for 12-15 months, saw arty changed, got excited and then got pretty sad to see how they balance the game and stopped caring. I want to have fun playing, especially because i liked to play with certain people. But the balance and arty.... Its just so annoying. Annoying and seemingly not about to change.

The current MM is was tipped me off more then anything else.

I will probably not play until it get better.

Dragonlordcv #12 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23986 battles

View Postsmoothpop1, on 03 August 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

that i dont really enjoy playing WOT any more.

once upon a time i played WOT religiously and had gotten to the point where i was on course to becomming a blunicum at the least. however after quitting the game for 19 months ( i think at the time i was just pretty pissed with how the game was changing for the worse) i came back and sort of enjoyed it for a time. but now i dont. im somewhat sad about this because i really want to enjoy playing, i think that may be why i log on and press battle, but really i dont have fun here anymore.

every now and then i get 1 or 2 battles which are exciting and i have fun playing them but most days i start out optimistic about my time on WOT but over the course of 5-10 matches my enthusiasm is worn down to the point that id rather go and find some random crap to watch on you-tube than press the battle button. i dont think theres any one particular reason for this, i can think of some big contributors but overall i just find my enthusiasm sapped,

anyway im not entirely sure why i am putting this out there just felt the need to share how i feel about WOT, and i guess im wondering if anyone else out there feels the same way, do any of you find yourself playing because you want to enjoy the game as you once did even though you dont now?

Personally i stopped enjoying it after the MM change. As a result many of my toon mates left the game and after summer vacation i do not know if i will come back. Stop paying a penny ofc after these changes that ruined the last bit of fun.

If i manage a long break the return will be impossible for me since in the meantime i would have found something more fun than wot.

qpranger #13 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 33833 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I get some of the old enjoyment back when I play arty.

krismorgan #14 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33156 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View Postqpranger, on 04 August 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

I get some of the old enjoyment back when I play arty.

I dont,sold them all except the bc58 and lefefe trainer-sick of trying to help stop a heavy push by hitting them 10 times for 700-800 damage.i do more and help the team far better in the lefe.sad that a tier 5 does more than a 10.

Noo_Noo #15 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles
trying something new pretty much keeps things fresh for me although I often run out of steam or get distracted with these ideas. 

trying to head up the American heavy line now (amongst other things). The M6 is testing my resolve

PowJay #16 Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36117 battles

I would say that I am more frustrated by WoT than ever. I guess that this is for a number of reasons, but one is striving to improve while playing with teams of amoebas who couldn't see the wood if they were standing in the middle of a rain forest.

I am not awesome myself, I have always admitted that, but I do believe that I at least possess the capacity to THINK, while it surprises me that many of my team mates even have the capacity to press WASD.

The one reason that I continue to play is for battles like those featured on WoT Replays. Because I know that there is always a chance of a battle like that, I keep playing. There are more that do not get uploaded that are pretty darned good.

On the whole, though, WoT is a mixture of epic losses, (i.e. I was epic and we lost) massacres (2<15) and meh! wins for me and I am not sure why I play sometimes.

At the moment- RIGHT NOW- I am playing for stage three of the HT no 6 marathon. I have just finished playing for two hours with 100% XP boost. I have played 21 battles for daily doubles and have won 10 and lost 11. I have precisely 6493 XP out of 50K.

On this basis, I don't see that I am going to get stage four complete and I am not sure that I am even going to try for stage three any longer because I will only get ROYALLY [edited] off. I can do it, it is just a question of being forced into playing for much longer than I would like in order to achieve it. Which basically means that it is beyond me: so stuff it.

Normally, I only play to WIN and I am happy enough with every win: even when I haven't done a thing- because it makes up for the losses where I was top on everything. When I try to reach unrealistic goals, it only ends in more frustration.

The MM is NOT helping. Three matches in the T-34-85 and one in the SU-100 as bottom tier to VIII. Total massacres, every one. I did come top on XP in one, though- which did at least help.

smoothpop1 #17 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24397 battles
  • [KKO] KKO

View PostHedgehog1963, on 04 August 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Sense of entitlement to win not being fulfilled.  Complains on the forum. 

Old as WoT.

i think your in the wrong thread mate theres nothing here about winning or losing only a lament that i dont enjoy the game as much as i once did. i think you should find another thread maybe with an actual whiner and try to troll them instead.

dont worry im not feeding you unless you have something constructive to say or want to contribute to the conversation you will just be ignored, just thought you should know you clearly posted in the wrong thread.

NervosCuNervii #18 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T
One thing I've just realized is that WoT ocassionaly turns into a "job" for me. Drinking litres of coffee while grinding stuff, doing a specific mission and so on, only to end up burned out and taking a 4 to 6 month break. :P

smoothpop1 #19 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24397 battles
  • [KKO] KKO

View PostNoo_Noo, on 04 August 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

trying something new pretty much keeps things fresh for me although I often run out of steam or get distracted with these ideas. 

trying to head up the American heavy line now (amongst other things). The M6 is testing my resolve

yea i keep wanting to try something new but as it is at the moment im at t7 or 8 at least on most lines but arty. so all i really have to keep me going is grinding. i did have a brief bit of fun when i 3 marked the 34-85 and was enjoying doing the same on the M until t6 got broken with 7+ 34-85Ms per team. now it will be at least 6 months before its worth taking it out again. but now i just dont feel the game anymore. i want something new but the chinese TDs arnt really anything new.

ill give it a break i think for a while come back at christmas maybe then ill be able to toon again without penalties.

Slind #20 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52670 battles

Too much cattle playing these days, players who are only good for farming xp and credits from. The kind of players who make 20 000 battles and fail in everyone of them. The players who will get several tier 10 tanks eventually, and have 38% winrate in them. The players who need Defender or Patriot to get 42% winrate. Cows who do nothing but give free XP and credits to whoever gets to fight them first.

Unicum says trust your team, f that. Today I was trusting my team mate in Tiger P to challenge and maybe even kill enemy O-I exp. The fight ended with Tiger P 0 damage and O-I exp with 100% HP, because tier 7 heavy tank can't damage tier 5 heavy tank. Or maybe there was a cow driving the Tiger... All this means you have to play very passively because more than every, this game is 1 vs 15 or even 1 vs 29 and that gets boring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users