Jump to content


Strongholds: War Games Schedule for August


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 21,514
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Take part in the new mode for Strongholds.

The full text of the news item

TijgernootTank #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38137 battles
  • 78
  • [TOURN] TOURN
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

I find the info around this mode pretty bad .

We played [ only tier 6 ] skirmish with clan for 3 hours when this mode was announced last time .

As we were constantly playing skirmish , there was little time and i was unaware u need to check the standings while the mode

is active .

After the mode was finished i did not have a clue how we did in the standings , but would of liked to know if with playing t6 skirmish

u can get close in the standings to get any prize .

I looked all over the place , and the next days , but no info at all about standings or the event .

Now there was second day the mode was active , im not sure if that was clearly stated beforehand , i completely missed any anouncement about it .

I found out when was running for hour already and then we didnt manage to get any skirmish going right away and like that we dropped out of the event .

I still have no good idea how we did the first time .

I did look for standing last time when active -- it only says how many points u need to get, to get a reward in each discipline .

There is not a list where u can check actual standings , i would like to see , all the clans and standings and points .

So the way things are now , all the hope and motivation to participate with clan in this , has gone out the window .

I understand that only able to play tier 6 most of time , it wont get you really far in this , even if u do well .

But this lack of info , especially after the event is over ,  it doesnt help this new mode in my opinion .

 

- now looking back in last forumpost about this wargames mode , its clear that second day when this mode was active , it was not even anounced .

So i could not even help it that we missed out that day .

This is just very bad implementing of a new mode , the lack of info really is terrible .

 


Edited by TijgernootTank, 04 August 2017 - 02:25 PM.


TheBrownsound #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25426 battles
  • 116
  • [EI_SQ] EI_SQ
  • Member since:
    05-03-2013
Shouldnt the clans get gold in their treasury, or is it distributed only to players directly?

Statpadderer #4 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22633 battles
  • 376
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
How about fixing CW instead?

15JG52Brauer #5 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 67189 battles
  • 332
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
The title says "Strongholds: War Games Schedule for August"  does this mean that this saturday is the only time it will happen in August as I dont see any other dates in the "schedule" ?  One could assume that if that is indeed the complete schedule for August then the answer would be yes - because if it is going to happen again then that is not the schedule for August, but the schedule for the upcoiming weekend ->  but given the track record of wargames one cant help but expect something to be wrong here.. still, at least you seem to have fixed the "golden shower" bug ;-)

FireflyDivision #6 Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 23019 battles
  • 3,289
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

We are still expecting official EU info about CW.

 

While the Russian CW players are invited to Minsk for CW talks and devs actively talk with them about CW on the forums, we at EU get no direct official info whatsoever.


Edited by FireflyDivision, 04 August 2017 - 03:52 PM.


TheBrownsound #7 Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25426 battles
  • 116
  • [EI_SQ] EI_SQ
  • Member since:
    05-03-2013

View PostFireflyDivision, on 04 August 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

We are still expecting official EU info about CW.

 

While the Russian CW players are invited to Minsk for CW talks and devs actively talk with them about CW on the forums, we at EU get no direct official info whatsoever.

 

Ofc because they are too bussy answering on comments in the "extra credits" video.



Gepard_PH #8 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

    WoT PC Product Coordinator

  • WG Staff
  • 18583 battles
  • 1,799
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 04 August 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

The title says "Strongholds: War Games Schedule for August"  does this mean that this saturday is the only time it will happen in August as I dont see any other dates in the "schedule" ?  One could assume that if that is indeed the complete schedule for August then the answer would be yes - because if it is going to happen again then that is not the schedule for August, but the schedule for the upcoiming weekend ->  but given the track record of wargames one cant help but expect something to be wrong here.. still, at least you seem to have fixed the "golden shower" bug ;-)

 

We'll keep updating the article with more dates for August. 

View PostFireflyDivision, on 04 August 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

We are still expecting official EU info about CW.

 

While the Russian CW players are invited to Minsk for CW talks and devs actively talk with them about CW on the forums, we at EU get no direct official info whatsoever.

 

The are no developers in EU forums, so sadly they are not be able to talk directly to players. We are currently working together with devs on the upcoming season's setup. I'm aware of the threads about Global Map, community requests and cooperation with Contras. There is a good chance many of players' wishes will be implemented in Season 6, but please stay tuned for official news.

Warstone #9 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44356 battles
  • 211
  • [L-FEW] L-FEW
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

View PostGepard_PH, on 04 August 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

We'll keep updating the article with more dates for August. 

 

The are no developers in EU forums, so sadly they are not be able to talk directly to players. We are currently working together with devs on the upcoming season's setup. I'm aware of the threads about Global Map, community requests and cooperation with Contras. There is a good chance many of players' wishes will be implemented in Season 6, but please stay tuned for official news.

 

you do realise the game will die if you do nothing = you loose your job boy  randoms are swarming with red bad players and the player base is getting smaller and smaller people are just quitting the game cause thers no more challenge to anything CW made the challenge happen so people kept being interested and now ..... you will just DIE cause youre killing your self with these war games BS making players play alot more than ususal + its a heavy grind game= just quit and move on to something else .... its a game after all...

guest273 #10 Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34613 battles
  • 2,165
  • [CRBER] CRBER
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 04 August 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

The title says "Strongholds: War Games Schedule for August"  does this mean that this saturday is the only time it will happen in August as I dont see any other dates in the "schedule" ?  One could assume that if that is indeed the complete schedule for August then the answer would be yes - because if it is going to happen again then that is not the schedule for August, but the schedule for the upcoiming weekend ->  but given the track record of wargames one cant help but expect something to be wrong here.. still, at least you seem to have fixed the "golden shower" bug ;-)

 

Nice stats in the signature!

15JG52Brauer #11 Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 67189 battles
  • 332
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Postguest273, on 04 August 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

 

Nice stats in the signature!

 

It's a "re-Troll" account lol - consequence of too many beers and what seemed like a good idea to see if I could get to 10k wn8 in 10 games lol ;-)

armandio #12 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 74915 battles
  • 1,597
  • [LATTD] LATTD
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostGepard_PH, on 04 August 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

 

We'll keep updating the article with more dates for August. 

 

The are no developers in EU forums, so sadly they are not be able to talk directly to players. We are currently working together with devs on the upcoming season's setup. I'm aware of the threads about Global Map, community requests and cooperation with Contras. There is a good chance many of players' wishes will be implemented in Season 6, but please stay tuned for official news.

 

What modulation I must use for tuned in?

AM or FM?

I cant catch any signal...:amazed:



Norstein_Bekker #13 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 18297 battles
  • 3,756
  • [N00T] N00T
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

Block Quote

 The are no developers in EU forums, so sadly they are not be able to talk directly to players. We are currently working together with devs on the upcoming season's setup. I'm aware of the threads about Global Map, community requests and cooperation with Contras. There is a good chance many of players' wishes will be implemented in Season 6, but please stay tuned for official news. 

 

 

We all know how this will end. RIP CW, just like SH.



FireflyDivision #14 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 23019 battles
  • 3,289
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

View PostGepard_PH, on 04 August 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

The are no developers in EU forums, so sadly they are not be able to talk directly to players.

 

Okay, I understand that communication here cannot be on RU level, but isn't it possible to request some info about the developments from RU and give us a little update?

 

We are currently working together with devs on the upcoming season's setup. I'm aware of the threads about Global Map, community requests and cooperation with Contras. There is a good chance many of players' wishes will be implemented in Season 6, but please stay tuned for official news.

 

Nice to hear that 

 

 


Edited by FireflyDivision, 05 August 2017 - 07:50 AM.


armandio #15 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 74915 battles
  • 1,597
  • [LATTD] LATTD
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostFireflyDivision, on 05 August 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

 

 

 

Whats happen with Your moderator position?!? :amazed:

You got copyright strike? :(


Edited by armandio, 05 August 2017 - 08:14 AM.


TijgernootTank #16 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38137 battles
  • 78
  • [TOURN] TOURN
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

btw -- how can u call this a schedule for august , but only mention 1 date and then add other dates later ??????

 



armandio #17 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 74915 battles
  • 1,597
  • [LATTD] LATTD
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostTijgernootTank, on 05 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

btw -- how can u call this a schedule for august , but only mention 1 date and then add other dates later ??????

 

 

WG are not using Gregorian calendar but own calendar.

Also they use own time system. :trollface:



04ahgy #18 Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35847 battles
  • 20
  • [VTEPS] VTEPS
  • Member since:
    05-04-2012

We were ready to 22:00 (CEST) Advances with the clan, and battle was started. The countdown for the waiting queue was on, and suddenly it throw us out! There was no more than 5 sec to get ready again. What happened, and why?

 

Now we have no chance to win anything in the second set of War Games. :(


Edited by 04ahgy, 05 August 2017 - 09:23 PM.


RockyRoller #19 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18859 battles
  • 885
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

View PostTijgernootTank, on 04 August 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I find the info around this mode pretty bad .

We played [ only tier 6 ] skirmish with clan for 3 hours when this mode was announced last time .

As we were constantly playing skirmish , there was little time and i was unaware u need to check the standings while the mode

is active .

After the mode was finished i did not have a clue how we did in the standings , but would of liked to know if with playing t6 skirmish

u can get close in the standings to get any prize .

I looked all over the place , and the next days , but no info at all about standings or the event .

Now there was second day the mode was active , im not sure if that was clearly stated beforehand , i completely missed any anouncement about it .

I found out when was running for hour already and then we didnt manage to get any skirmish going right away and like that we dropped out of the event .

I still have no good idea how we did the first time .

I did look for standing last time when active -- it only says how many points u need to get, to get a reward in each discipline .

There is not a list where u can check actual standings , i would like to see , all the clans and standings and points .

So the way things are now , all the hope and motivation to participate with clan in this , has gone out the window .

I understand that only able to play tier 6 most of time , it wont get you really far in this , even if u do well .

But this lack of info , especially after the event is over ,  it doesnt help this new mode in my opinion .

 

- now looking back in last forumpost about this wargames mode , its clear that second day when this mode was active , it was not even anounced .

So i could not even help it that we missed out that day .

This is just very bad implementing of a new mode , the lack of info really is terrible .

 

 

I looked at my clans points vs the points needed to gain lowest win position and the only way to be in the top 140 was to play tier 10 advances as even tier the 10 skirmishes multiplier would not transform my clans score to the lowest advance clans score.

Fair enough it cost more credits/gold to play T10 advances, but it is worth noting there is no incentive for a 140 placement if tier 6 (x1) scores are counted against tier 10 (x15) advances scores when in the end it's still just tanks vs tanks battle.

 

So should each should have its own top 140 or less and risk vs reward prize?



DoomHerald #20 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 52009 battles
  • 61
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Give us back the special missions! They were the best thing in this game.




6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users