kv-5 premium is-6 wz-111

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

Zelar_Wicked #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42207 battles
  • [SV2] SV2

The gameplay is so bad with these now that one could claim its not the product you spent your money on. the 175 pen guns dont stand a chance in the current matchmaker. These tanks where designed to excel against lower tier vehicles and you just dont face them anymore near as frequent with the new MM.

Here are some options:

1. Make an unique template in the MM for just these tanks so they get top tier more fequently

2. Buff the pen of the guns to 200+

3. Rework the tanks, remove the pref MM

Thanks for you time

Jigabachi #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So you want an extra gamemode where you want to just farm lower tier players.

What about no?

japtank #3 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27663 battles

Or an exchange program (not a scam, a true exchange :) )

I reckon preferential matchmaking doesn't exist anymore and compensation is due.

Lycopersicon #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
I don't quite understand the moaning about pref MM tanks. They still don't see tier+2 tanks, which is the entire point of limited MM afterall.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 05 August 2017 - 08:40 AM.

Chopchopchop #5 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52090 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostJigabachi, on 05 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

So you want an extra gamemode where you want to just farm lower tier players.

What about no?

This new mm, the Pref tank lose out more, not just tier 8s.

Pref Tanks never sees 2 tier above them, so at the old mm, the chance they were top tier was much higher, don't forget the with new MM there are only 3 players at top tier at a 3 tier game.  I found my self with the pref 5 end up at a lots more at 2 tiers game but at tier 6s and with more tier 6 tanks. I think WG over look the MM for the pref tanks when they have this new MM. It is harder to farm credits, come on look at the AMX , it is a large med more then a heavy, and most games it is on tier 9s. With so many OP tier 8s now day, I wish I didn't spend money on it. How often does it be on of the top tier now day??

Edited by Chopchopchop, 05 August 2017 - 08:48 AM.

CoDiGGo #6 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15024 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0

Yes, I feel also absolute cheated by wg, I bought (we bought) pmm tanks because old mm, and they completely obsolete them with new mm and armor powercreep. Sure other consumers and me rethink before spending money now.

Their premium tanks approach is such disaster that I am sure who plan it dont play this game and dont know a crap. Tier 8 meds underpowered, Defender broken op, pmm dead, they wanty money but there are only few viable premiums, that make sense?

TaHko3d #7 Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22751 battles

the problem is that since the 9.18's improved MM, premiums with pref.MM play 9 out of 10 battles vs tier8-9.

Right now tier8 tanks with standard MM play more often as top tiers than those with pref.MM.

Before at least 50% of the battles were as top tier (battles incl. lower tiers), now it's more like 10% (max 15% if you're lucky). In other words pref.MM is completely broken, and if WG doesn't fix it soon, players who have paid cash should have the right to get full refund. And if not in cash, then at least have an option to choose any other tier8 prem tank in exchange, including those that are only available during special sales.

ps:  playing premiums with pref.MM is pointless now.

Edited by TaHko3d, 05 August 2017 - 09:20 AM.

Y_O_L_0 #8 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19898 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED
I too want a refund for my T-34-3. I don't see the proposed buffs anymore, and even with those buffs the 0.46 accuracy and 175 pen (250 HEAT) is not good enough against Defenders (it wasn't enough against IS-3).

Cobra6 #9 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16343 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Actually, since Pref MM now means pretty much always T9 battles in these tanks it should be changed to only T8 battles max *OR* the pen should be buffed while the MM stays the same so you can at least hurt T9 tanks.

At the moment, playing a pref MM is actually actively handicapping yourself and your team.

Cobra 6

lord_chipmonk #10 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34409 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
As an owner of many of the pref. MM tanks in the game, I vote for no. How about instead, WG address the MM (hoping new game mode will do this). 

_____Yarpen_____ #11 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22113 battles

It is not MM that is the issue here, it is the crazy power creep WG has allowed in the game.  I mean I used to play most of my games in KV-5, utter crapof a gun in term of penetration.  167mm pen required careful aiming but it was achievable.

Now even if you end up being in a tier 8 game you have half the team in stealthy S1 and scorp G that snipe you with gold without breaking cover OR you end up brawling with Defenders and Chryslers.

I actually stopped playing my KV-5 because in most games you either not make as much as you used to or would need to use gold which I refuse to do on a premium tank.

I have a few friends who won IS6s and they stopped using them as well due to power creep in game...

u2020bullet #12 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21392 battles
  • [_ROF_] _ROF_
And this thread is the exact reason why i traded my WZ-111 for a CDC the moment trade-ins went live a few months ago. Those tanks simply can't function properly anymore, especially since they're constantly up against Defenders, Patriots and other tanks they simply don't work against. Not to mention the CDC is about 100 times more fun to play.

Zoltan1251 #13 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
tinfoil hatters.... its not MM its power creep... there are simply more powerful tanks at tier 8 right now.... if you find Emil  hull down you can just disconnect thats the problem... MM is good as it is

Edited by Zoltan1251, 05 August 2017 - 01:27 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30520 battles

View PostZelar_Wicked, on 05 August 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

The gameplay is so bad with these now that one could claim its not the product you spent your money on. the 175 pen guns dont stand a chance in the current matchmaker. These tanks where designed to excel against lower tier vehicles and you just dont face them anymore near as frequent with the new MM.

You don't get to take your car back to the dealer two years after you bought it and whine that Ford have a made a newer model with better MPG so no, you still have exactly what you paid for. The fact that the game has developed and some other tank is slightly better makes no difference to that whatsoever.

clixor #15 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51948 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 05 August 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

tinfoil hatters.... its not MM its power creep... there are simply more powerful tanks at tier 8 right now.... if you find Emil  hull down you can just disconnect thats the problem... MM is good as it is

Although powercreep certainly is an issue the main problem IS the MM. Pre 9.18 you were unlucky if you saw a tier9 in your PMM tank. Twice in a row was nearly impossible and even if that happened you could be sure that you were more competitve the next battle. And you could be facing one tier9, or you were the only tier8, but if that happened you just could adapt and play as support. 

Now, you are seeing 5 tier9s every single battle you play, and the tanks you face are the same as before, e75s, m103s, vkb's etc.etc. All tanks which you almost have no chance of penning frontally (and even sides of turrets etc. you need to use gold). Going to a med position is something what can work in an all tier8 battle, but now you can be sure that there is a tier9 med who can just rip you apart.

And it's not about sealclubbing as well, carrying in these tanks was quite hard, even at tier7s you need to shoot weekspots, and basically all the tanks you can meet can pen you. But that's exactly what made carrying in these tanks so rewarding, and that was worth being useless in a tier9 battle now and then.

kripton69 #16 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostLycopersicon, on 05 August 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I don't quite understand the moaning about pref MM tanks. They still don't see tier+2 tanks, which is the entire point of limited MM afterall.

Preferential matchmaking isn't that big a deal anymore because the only advantage you get is not getting games with 3 tier 10s per team. That helps but at this point it would be far more beneficial to not have a tier 7 gun than it is to have preferential matchmaking, so the "moaning" comes from having 167-175 penetration while being fielded against tier 8-9 tanks almost exclusively and mostly running into more powerful tanks. What do you call a tank that is weaker than most of the tanks it faces? Bad. If you've played any tier 8 over the past few months you know that you barely see any lower tier tanks, and playing a tank that excels at beating them is just plain stupid. There's always going to be some smartass baddie who says "175 pen is enough, just flank and play smart" but anyone who understands the game at all is going to tell you that if you can't frontally penetrate most of the enemy tanks you're in troubles.

The point of playing preferential matchmaking was always that you got an underpowered, something like tier 7.3-7.7 quality tank but in return you never got bottom tier games. Your tank was always inferior to the same tier normal matchmaking tanks and you never ever had the best tank of the battle but your tank was always "good enough" to play a proactive role as it escaped the worst kind of matchmaking. Basically you could trade raw power level for consistency and as long as you agreed to play a weak tank, you were guaranteed a tank that has the tools to be useful in every battle, even if the tools weren't the sharpest and the shiniest. But you had them, and if you used them well you would be rewarded.

As many researches made by reputable forumites have already concluded, you almost never see tier 6 tanks and rarely see any tier 7 tanks on your tier 8 tank and the vast majority of the tanks you face are tier 8-9. As such, tanks that are good at beating powerful same tier and higher tier tanks are now the go-to tanks, such as Löwe which has risen to be the best tier 8 tech tree premium simply because it plays out well against the tanks it mostly faces. On the other hand, tanks like KV-5 are now pointless. Give me one performance related reason to play a tier 7.5 tank when almost all the tanks I face are tier 8-9.

KV-5 is my most played tank and my all time favorite but now I never take it out anymore. I have 3-marked KV-5, IS-6, 112 and T-34-3 and have always been a huge fan of preferential matchmaking, but it's just not worth it anymore. Hence the "moaning".

Edited by kripton69, 05 August 2017 - 03:27 PM.

1ucky #17 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 74933 battles

Here are some options:

1. Make an unique template in the MM for just these tanks so they get top tier more fequently

2. Buff the pen of the guns to 200+

3. Rework the tanks, remove the pref MM

Thanks for you time

It could be done, but it would cost you extra.

Schemezoid #18 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21409 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
Most pref mm tanks are fine. Just the is6, that's become a total pain to play...
But ive had some 120k+ games in my t34-3 lately, with over 3k dam done. I see No problem there rlly...

Chopchopchop #19 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52090 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostSchemezoid, on 05 August 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Most pref mm tanks are fine. Just the is6, that's become a total pain to play...
But ive had some 120k+ games in my t34-3 lately, with over 3k dam done. I see No problem there rlly...

I don't think so.

Churchill 3 is my most played tank, before the new MM, it usually as top tiers and not seen many Tier 6 tanks( at high numbers) on 2 tier game, many times as top tier. Now most time its tier 5 or 6 game. never I need to hide as much as now there are more Tier 6s that can kill it fast. That thing has no speed fast gun , but very slow turret, it is like a sitting duck now days.

FCM 50T now days mostly on tier 9 games same as IS6 basically. The point with the pref tanks were they usually are weaker on that tier but make-up by not seeing 2 tier higher MM. Because the way the new MM changed with all tanks. The new MM force them into games more likely to be bottom tier and with higher numbers higher tier tanks on the same game. Try to play platoon with them, you almost always end-up at the bottom.  So, it is down to the new MM.

Asking for refund is crazy, but this issue should be looking at. I don't have all the pref tanks but I have a few so I do notice the changes. I don't know if anyone address this before, as usual WG should have the numbers and I do think it is something they've overlook.

To re-balance every pref tanks maybe harder, but a change MM for the pref tanks to given back the advantages being a pref tank is surly welcome by many game players.

Edited by Chopchopchop, 05 August 2017 - 10:27 PM.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67348 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Yeah that will fix everything right? As it's better for you to steam roll over a few tier 6 tanks in a 3-5-7 game as top tier vs a 5-10 vs tier 9 right?  As that would just break tier 6 more then it already is, and will just push the issue down the tiers. IS-6 it's one of those tanks that is to broken as top tier due to the effective armor vs tier 6 guns. But useless even in equal tier games due to all the new armor. The new game mode in 9.20 might help tier 8 out, as most tier X's will be pulled into that game mode. 

But... based on what WG have said of late. They said the pref MM premiums on tier 8 is the focus for balance changes within two patches. 9.20 did not have it. So I suspect they will have to address it the next patch. KV-5 and IS-6 was the tanks they said they would fix.  

View PostLycopersicon, on 05 August 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

On mid tiers.. it's still a valid thing. On tier 8.. not so much. As my IS-6 so far have seen more pure tier 8 games then anything vs my other tier 8's. And when most tier 8 tanks of late, inc normal and premium HT's have more effective armor then anything tier for tier. Thus it's the worst kind of MM it can get. Thus the limited MM is screwing it more then it helps. T26E4 is not that badly effected by it due to the new AP pen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users