Jump to content


9.20 changes tanks.gg is out, some highlights


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

brumbarr #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

Tanks.gg is updated with the new 9.20 stats, some things notable:

 

1) THe amx30b is now a beast, it has crazy dpm and really good gun handling, prob one of the best meds now tbh.

6,08s relaod for 390 alpha with gun handling of the patton.

 

http://tanks.gg/v092...&k=0&c=-1.-1.12

 

2) Is7 gun handling is now better than 113 and around equal to 260 and WZ. Better softstats on the move than a lot of tier10 meds.

 

http://tanks.gg/v092...-111-5a~obj-260

 

3) Foch 50B stats:

http://tanks.gg/v0920ct/tank/foch-b

 

3) Tie9 foch has no notable advantage over 50 120:

http://tanks.gg/v092...s?cs=amx-50-120

 

4) Tier 9 premium chinese TD??

http://tanks.gg/v092...tank/wz-120g-ft

 

5) tier8 prem TD looks pretty crazy:

http://tanks.gg/v092...-120-1-ft/stats

( that dpm)



Fediuld #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44106 battles
  • 681
  • [SOGA] SOGA
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
Waffentrager was OP, a huge paper armoured target. The new tier 9 & 10 French TDs are not????????

xx984 #3 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56427 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
So now the AMX 30B is basically a better STB-1 with better turret armour and better mobility, Noice

Edited by xx984, 05 August 2017 - 11:36 AM.


xx984 #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56427 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
And why is there another WT Auf E100 reward tank? http://tanks.gg/v092...ank/wt-e-100-p :ohmy:

brumbarr #5 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Postxx984, on 05 August 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

So now the AMX 30B is basically a better STB-1 with better turret armour and better mobility, Noice

 

Pretty much, lets hope they change the stb1 next patch.

leggasiini #6 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15190 battles
  • 6,237
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
  • WZ-113G FT has 340mm effective casemate against HEAT when fully using the gun depression, and 310 mm against AP shells. The angled corners on tank are only 80mm thick; no wonder why they felt so weak
  • O-I Experimental now has 140mm effective all around armor when angled 30-35 degrees minus boobs (lmao)
  • As expected Type 5 Heavy's weakspots are meaningless; the weaker hatch is at worst ~255 effective WHEN COMPLETELY UNANGLED, and the tank can angle 45 degrees
  • Type 4 Heavy is other story though. The weaker hatch is 235 effective which is pennable semi-reliably by same tier HT AP shells when unangled, and if the tank angles too much cheek is pennable (if its exposed). The tank is going to be even more annoying to play, tho, because the armor is already unreliable unless against lowtiers because next to no armor angling capabilities

 

The Chinese premium TDs have already been in-game files...since 9.19? They are nothing new.

 

Tier 9 is probably a PM reward or something if it appears to other servers. The tier 8 might be sold at some point tho


Edited by leggasiini, 05 August 2017 - 11:46 AM.


Fediuld #7 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44106 battles
  • 681
  • [SOGA] SOGA
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View Postxx984, on 05 August 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

And why is there another WT Auf E100 reward tank? http://tanks.gg/v092...ank/wt-e-100-p :ohmy:

Exactly what I wrote. The WT was removed because it was OP. But the new French TDs aren't???? At least WT was easily penetrated without aiming, and could be circled by a light tank. The T9 & T10 Foch turn faster than light tanks and by the time you aim the front weakspot, they emptied whole clip on you

 


Edited by Fediuld, 05 August 2017 - 11:43 AM.


xx984 #8 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56427 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostFediuld, on 05 August 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Exactly what I wrote. The WT was removed because it was OP. But the new French TDs aren't???? At least WT was easily penetrated without aiming, and could be circled by a light tank. The T9 & T10 Foch turn faster than light tanks and by the time you aim the front weakspot, they emptied whole clip on you

 

 

I mean there is literally another WT in the list as a tier 10 German Prem TD like the CW rewards

JuliusCheddar #9 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31249 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

View PostFediuld, on 05 August 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Waffentrager was OP, a huge paper armoured target. The new tier 9 & 10 French TDs are not????????

I guess 6x400 and 6x560 with a turret are the same thing. 

Not to mention accuracy, penetration etc

But hey, let's bark, I heard it's so cool 


Edited by JuliusCheddar, 05 August 2017 - 11:55 AM.


leggasiini #10 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15190 battles
  • 6,237
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostFediuld, on 05 August 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

The WT was removed because it was OP.

Not really the only reason, also before it was removed it wasnt overperforming at all (it was IIRC actually quite UP in days before it was removed, but it was still extremely broken because of clipping ability).

 

True reasons why it was removed:

 

  • the tank is 100% WG fake
  • the tank did not fit the theme of the line very much
  • 560 x 5 (or 6 before nerfs) on gigantic, FV4005-like platform is impossible to balance

 

However, we now have French TD with almost as high clip potential, as well as Chinese TDs being added, so the point 1 and 3 are irrelevant now, and point 2 can be fixed by just making it premium, reward or something



brumbarr #11 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Postleggasiini, on 05 August 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

  •  

The Chinese premium TDs have already been in-game files...since 9.19? They are nothing new.

 

I havent see nthat tier9 prem TD before though.



Junglist_ #12 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37792 battles
  • 1,353
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013
What do you think about the tier 9 Amx 30 after the changes? Is it better or worse? And compared to the other tier 9 meds currently in the game?

leggasiini #13 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15190 battles
  • 6,237
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I havent see nthat tier9 prem TD before though.

 

You have just missed it then, its been there since 9.19:

 

http://tanks.gg/v0919/tank/wz-120g-ft

 

 



brumbarr #14 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostJunglist_, on 05 August 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

What do you think about the tier 9 Amx 30 after the changes? Is it better or worse? And compared to the other tier 9 meds currently in the game?

 

Way better, more dpm, more armor, better gun handling.

 

It basicly has a gun thats the same as the cent AX on a tier9 fast platform.


Edited by brumbarr, 05 August 2017 - 12:14 PM.


Cannes76 #15 Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 68667 battles
  • 1,767
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postleggasiini, on 05 August 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Not really the only reason, also before it was removed it wasnt overperforming at all (it was IIRC actually quite UP in days before it was removed, but it was still extremely broken because of clipping ability).

 

True reasons why it was removed:

 

  • the tank is 100% WG fake
  • the tank did not fit the theme of the line very much
  • 560 x 5 (or 6 before nerfs) on gigantic, FV4005-like platform is impossible to balance

 

However, we now have French TD with almost as high clip potential, as well as Chinese TDs being added, so the point 1 and 3 are irrelevant now, and point 2 can be fixed by just making it premium, reward or something

The WTE 100 was never UP.

It always required good situational awareness to do well in, though. The nerfs just raised the skill requirements a bit.



TheDrownedApe #16 Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 44686 battles
  • 5,645
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

Way better, more dpm, more armor, better gun handling.

 

It basicly has a gun thats the same as the cent AX on a tier9 fast platform.

 

 I just sold the amx 30 in favour of the PTA. Me thinks i should now reconsider and rebuy the 30 :(

DracheimFlug #17 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9127 battles
  • 4,041
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postleggasiini, on 05 August 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

  •  
  • As expected Type 5 Heavy's weakspots are meaningless; the weaker hatch is at worst ~255 effective WHEN COMPLETELY UNANGLED, and the tank can angle 45 degrees

 

How much does angling benefit a hatch? Aren't most hatches round and therefore always as angled as they can get? Or is this an exception?



Cobra6 #18 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16344 battles
  • 16,007
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

I'm still waiting for them to make the STB-1 gun-handling what it should be and not this potato thrower we have now.

 

Cobra 6



brumbarr #19 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 05 August 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

How much does angling benefit a hatch? Aren't most hatches round and therefore always as angled as they can get? Or is this an exception?

 

He means the hull hatch, there is a hatch ( flat piece that can fold up) for the driver.

brumbarr #20 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for them to make the STB-1 gun-handling what it should be and not this potato thrower we have now.

 

Cobra 6

 

tbh, at this point they can make the gunhandlign the same as the amx30B and they would be balanced towards eachother, the stb1 would have a smaller turret and a bit more pen. But the amx will be faster and have more dpm.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users