Marks of Excellence in 30v30 mode

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

yun9 #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Yeah.. apparently this'll be a thing which is not the greatest.

You'll end up having to cross your fingers for 30v30 games due to HP pools. and due to how the MoE formula works you'll end up with almost double the requirements since a huge influx of high damage games compared to now. The metric will be become completely pointless since it'll basically boil down to how lucky you'll get with the amount of 30v30 games you get in your sessions. 

EMAi = EMAi-1 + K*(DAMAGEi – EMAi-1)
• DAMAGEi = (Dealt by player in battle) + ( maximum damage by tracking or by spotting) - (team-damage caused to allies in battle)
• k = 2 / (N +1)
• N = 100

This is the current formula for MoE's (provided by CraBeatOff from WoTLabs) and as you can see it clearly won't take amount of HP in a game into consideration, and this formula was fine as long as you have a game where there's the same amount of players in all modes. 

This changes the entire thing. 30V30 will absolutely destroy requirements meaning you're forced to play the mode for MoEs and for the first few weeks the MoEs will be absolutely pointless and super easy to get in a mode where an 8K damage isn't rare compared to one where it's considered a hard carry. 

WG wat u doin brah

brumbarr #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

yeah, this bothers me aswell, 3 marks is something  a lot of players see as their goal since there is nothing else to do anymore. Makign it pointless and random is kinda stupid.

BUT:

This is what WG says:

• In Grand Battles, players will earn Mastery Badges and Marks of Excellence, they way they do in the Random Battles.
  • The Grand Battles are not counted in the Summary of the player's Service Record and do not affect the statistics of the Random Battles
  • The statistics on the Grand Battles will be displayed in Service Record > Statistics > Battle type: Grand Battle
  • Statistics on particular vehicles in the Grand Battles will be displayed in Service Record > Vehicles > Battle type: Grand Battle

So its kinda confusing, I am not sure if MoE  are the same, since their is a seperate statistic for both game modes. And MoE atm is only  in the random battle tab.  So maybe there will be 2 different sets of MoE?

Can someone who has the test downloaded check and screenshot each tab? Are there 2 different percentages? Does playing a game in grand battles change the percentage?

Shizuthink #3 Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34428 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
Yeah I really hope they are separate. I'd hate to see tier 10 marks become way easier after going through a lot of trouble to obtain a bunch of them.

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Can someone who has the test downloaded check and screenshot each tab? Are there 2 different percentages? Does playing a game in grand battles change the percentage?

At the present moment my battles in Grand on CT are showing as 0 battles fought.

Now I know that in an earlier iteration of CT I tried rank battles, so clearly it has been reset.

At the present moment the stats for moe in random and grand for me are exactly the same. So T62A is 62.72 in both.

I guess I will need to spam some battles on CT in that tier X to see if the grand battles tab moe changes, and I am going out for supper now, so it will have to be tomorrow.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 05 August 2017 - 06:32 PM.

brumbarr #5 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 05 August 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

At the present moment my battles in Grand on CT are showing as 0 battles fought.

Now I know that in an earlier iteration of CT I tried rank battles, so clearly it has been reset.

At the present moment the stats for moe in random and grand for me are exactly the same. So T62A is 62.72 in both.

I guess I will need to spam some battles on CT in that tier X to see if the grand battles tab moe changes, and I am going out for supper now, so it will have to be tomorrow.

Oh god, lets hope not, pls WG , just make those battles neutral for MoE... there isnt a single disadvantage in doing so..

Change OR RIOT!

Cobra6 #6 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

MoE's are pointless anyway as it requires you to play very greedy and loading pretty much nothing a part from premium ammo *AND* they rely on your team being stupid enough to not do damage but also not stupid enough to melt in 5 seconds flat.

It's just a sign you found your "2" key and got a stream of semi competent teams :teethhappy:

What's far more important is enjoying playing a tank and how you perform in the battle when someone looks at your gun marks.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 05 August 2017 - 06:55 PM.

HunterXHunter8 #7 Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33105 battles
30vs30 will increase the requirements so high it would be super difficult to get marks on 15vs15 battles. 

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35799 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Oh god, lets hope not, pls WG , just make those battles neutral for MoE... there isnt a single disadvantage in doing so..

Change OR RIOT!

If they aren't separate then MOEs would become impossible - you'd be competing against the X% best battles (which would all be in 30vs30 battles) which you could not do because you only play 30vs30 every 5/10/20 games.

Ubervold #9 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20874 battles
Maybe they will just split the damage done in two when you are in 30vs30 games? Problem solved?

AdzTownstrike #10 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18853 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

MoE's are pointless anyway as it requires you to play very greedy and loading pretty much nothing a part from premium ammo *AND* they rely on your team being stupid enough to not do damage but also not stupid enough to melt in 5 seconds flat.

It's just a sign you found your "2" key and got a stream of semi competent teams :teethhappy:

What's far more important is enjoying playing a tank and how you perform in the battle when someone looks at your gun marks.

Cobra 6

This is something QB would say...

Dont be like QB...

Edited by AdzTownstrike, 05 August 2017 - 07:21 PM.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 05 August 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

This is something QB would say...

Dont be like QB...

I didn't say you shouldn't enjoy them! I just mentioned they were pointless, which they are, like any stat in a virtual game is. Its......not.......real.....

But yeah, don't want to become like QB indeed, one of the few of us that actually makes cold hard cash playing video games and has thousands of people watching and enjoying his stream. What a terrible thing to be indeed....;)

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 05 August 2017 - 07:29 PM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUbervold, on 05 August 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Maybe they will just split the damage done in two when you are in 30vs30 games? Problem solved?

But average damage won't double in 30v30, there's still one friendly to one enemy.

My guess is WG have used that logic when considering what if any effect it will have without considering that the best players will do much more damage.

AdzTownstrike #13 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18853 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

I didn't say you shouldn't enjoy them! I just mentioned they were pointless, which they are, like any stat in a virtual game is. Its......not.......real.....

But yeah, don't want to become like QB indeed, one of the few of us that actually makes cold hard cash playing video games and has thousands of people watching and enjoying his stream. What a terrible thing to be indeed....;)

Cobra 6

uh huh

brumbarr #14 Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

But average damage won't double in 30v30, there's still one friendly to one enemy.

My guess is WG have used that logic when considering what if any effect it will have without considering that the best players will do much more damage.

Not accounting for that is kinda stupid since MoE are  meant exactly for the best players...

Cobra6 #15 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Not accounting for that is kinda stupid since MoE are  meant exactly for the best players...

I'm sure they'll change the MoE formula slightly for 30vs30 so I would not worry about it.

MoE's are important to WG as it's another thing that creates competition in this game which is good for business. They won't torpedo that this simply.

Most likely 30vs30 will have a separate formula which looks at just performance within 30vs30 and averages that out with the one from 15vs15.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 05 August 2017 - 08:02 PM.

brumbarr #16 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'm sure they'll change the MoE formula slightly for 30vs30 so I would not worry about it.

MoE's are important to WG as it's another thing that creates competition in this game which is good for business. They won't torpedo that this simply.

Most likely 30vs30 will have a separate formula which looks at just performance within 30vs30 and averages that out with the one from 15vs15.

Cobra 6

lets hope so.

SovietBias #17 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37224 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 05 August 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

yeah, this bothers me aswell, 3 marks is something  a lot of players see as their goal since there is nothing else to do anymore. Makign it pointless and random is kinda stupid.

BUT:

This is what WG says:

• In Grand Battles, players will earn Mastery Badges and Marks of Excellence, they way they do in the Random Battles.
  • The Grand Battles are not counted in the Summary of the player's Service Record and do not affect the statistics of the Random Battles
  • The statistics on the Grand Battles will be displayed in Service Record > Statistics > Battle type: Grand Battle
  • Statistics on particular vehicles in the Grand Battles will be displayed in Service Record > Vehicles > Battle type: Grand Battle

So its kinda confusing, I am not sure if MoE  are the same, since their is a seperate statistic for both game modes. And MoE atm is only  in the random battle tab.  So maybe there will be 2 different sets of MoE?

Yes it's confusing. IMO, I don't see why they should count to MoEs at all due to the large difference in HP and some tanks limited ammo capacity.

However, WG is yet to fix the problem of mastery badges in tier I vehicles. As far as I know, the mastery badge statistics are influenced by battles against AI, which means they are largely unobtainable because of XP requirements. Last I heard about this was a month ago, and it has been known for more than a year. So yeah, there's a risk...

Homer_J #18 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Or they will say everyone has the same chance to land in a 30v30 so over 100 battles nobody will be disadvantaged.  It will however mean that you won't be able to disable 30v30 or play in platoon where the platoon leader has it disabled if you want to stand a chance of 3 MoE on a tier X.  And even if you do you will be trolled by RNG even more then currently.

yun9 #19 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Cobra 6

MoEs are a very good indicator of how you're performing. I like to do well, so performance becomes a vital part of the gameplay experience to me. It's just how I'm wired. 

If that's what you think MoE's are you've clearly not spent time getting T10 3MoEs. Maybe it's good enough to just change your loadout in tier 5 but in tier 10 your loadout doesn't matter if your brain can't keep up in the first place. And competent teams? The more competent your teams are the harder it gets to achieve your output. It goes the other direction too, if your team is a bunch of melons rolling their head on their keyboard you won't be able to do much either unless you've got what it takes. Some people just aren't casual gamers. I've never done anything "casually" in my life and never will. It's go hard or go home and that's why I'm raising the issue here. 

View PostCobra6, on 05 August 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Cobra 6

Games are pointless, spending money on pixel tanks is pointless, grinding a pixel tank for hours on end is more than pointless. I really don't see the point here? We're all schmucks who spend time doing something we enjoy even though it's the furthest thing from productive as possible. A rational approach to gaming doesn't really work outside of enjoyment, and that's vastly different from person to person. 

Some like it casual and want to drive around in tanks and shoot other tanks, while others see it as something else. The same way tank accuracy or historical background does not matter whatsoever to me, MoE's don't to you. Doesn't make them any less pointless than anything else

CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35799 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Or they will say everyone has the same chance to land in a 30v30 so over 100 battles nobody will be disadvantaged.  It will however mean that you won't be able to disable 30v30 or play in platoon where the platoon leader has it disabled if you want to stand a chance of 3 MoE on a tier X.  And even if you do you will be trolled by RNG even more then currently.

The target is calculated based on everyone's BEST battles - doesn't matter that everyone has the same matchmaking - you can't beat a target cherry picked from the best games.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 05 August 2017 - 08:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users