maps

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ShikaGS #1 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5298 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

So, i used to play world of tanks since back in 2011, quit in 2014 and restarted in late 2016. I remember when i was playing before there were all those beautiful maps to play, and now i come back and i find some maps... just horrible !! i recently installed a mod in the game, and what i saw was just horrible; for low tiers, the chance of doing a battle in Mines, Ruinberg and Himmelsdorf all together was 20% for just 3 maps !!! and the total maps is 36 if im right on PC version. I played 10 battles with a friend, and i got in Ruinberg 3 times !! that is just horrible. Every time i go somewhere to camp, i get blind shots because everyone knows where the camp positions are, like in El Halluf map. same with SPG positions in some maps like Mines and Paris, lately when the battle starts, the SPGs just start shooting at the usual SPG positions to do some blind shots, and that always ruins the game

About old maps :

I know the map files still exist, so i suggest Wargaming, please add the old maps AT LEAST if you consider them Unbalanced, add them for Team Training mode. It will bring a lot of fun in the game, since every time i go to play some Team Training, noone wants to choose a specific map, because they are all boring. I think it will be a great idea to bring old maps back in the game, even for 1 gamemode only, and im sure many people will agree

list of old maps that need to be put back in game : South Coast, Province, Port, Pearl River, Northwest, Komarin, Dragon Ridge, Hidden Village

list of maps that were in other gamemodes or consoles and maybe bring on PC version : Scorpion Pass, Berlin, Studyanka, Great Wall, Ardennes, Caen, Dukla Pass, Heilbronn, Kasserine, Liberty Falls, Pacific Island, Thiepval Ridge, Trench Warfare

I am not telling to add them now or in the next update, i understand it might be a little hard, but they need to be added, at least after update 9.22. More and more people are starting to hate the maps we have in the game now, and some even quit

About new maps :

For new maps, i only have some suggestions : 

Acropolis - Athens, a map of the city, a beach ( maybe ) and the Acropolis in the middle would be a great map idea. The Acropolis hill is quite big, and there is a wall around, so there wont be a problem with gun depression ( shooting oponents that are below or falling on them ) Plus it is a historical location ( big map, 1400 x 1400 maybe ? )

London Eye - London, England, it could be a great idea to make a map near the London Eye, i dont really have much to say about it ( 800 x 800 maybe? )

Colosseum - Rome, Italy, a beautiful location for fun battles around and inside the colosseum ( 1000 x 1000 maybe ? )

Alps - Austria ( Maybe ) im not sure if many people will agree, but a map at alps with a valley in middle and dangerous roads would be a cool idea for careful gameplay ( 1200 - 1200 maybe? )

Statue of Liberty - New York, US, really beautiful location for a map near a port or a beach ( normal 1000 x 1000 maybe? )

Singapore, World War 2 battle location, maybe good idea for a bigger city map ( 1400 x 1400 maybe? )

Okinawa - Japan, World War 2 battle location, this location could be unique in world of tanks, because it is a tropical beach location, something that will be new to the game ( 800 x 800 maybe ? )

Iwo Jima, another important WW2 battle location, a small island with mountains and an airport in the middle, map with airport would also be unique in the game, since there are no maps with actual big airports. ( 1000 x 1000 maybe? )

Crete - Greece, one of the most important WW2 battle locations ( 1000 x 1000 maybe? )

Luzon, the largest of the Philippine islands, also very important WW2 location ( 1000 x 1000 maybe? )

Moscow - Russia, very important WW2 battle. could be a big city map ( 1400 - 1400 maybe? )

I really hope more maps will be added in WoT soon, Unbalanced or not, they are needed. the game is lacking maps at a point where each map has 5% - 15% chance to play in

i have created some strawpolls about maps so vote for the maps you would like in game

Poll for removed maps / maps that are on console WoT : https://strawpoll.com/cx47k9s3

Poll for new map ideas : https://strawpoll.com/34s8rc61

Make sure to vote and comment about your opinion :)

Edited by ShikaGS, 05 August 2017 - 11:00 PM.

qpranger #2 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32423 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Heroes of Might and Magic had some great maps. 

ShikaGS #3 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5298 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

View Postqpranger, on 05 August 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

umm ok...

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15937 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostShikaGS, on 05 August 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Spoiler

Your idea has 3 cons:

• Purists
  • Unicorns
  • Die-hards

Also, next patch we will be getting one new map. Hope you have a Tier X vehicle.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 05 August 2017 - 11:52 PM.

ShikaGS #5 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5298 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

View PostWindSplitter1, on 06 August 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Your idea has 3 cons:

• Purists
  • Unicorns
  • Die-hards

Also, next patch we will be getting one new map. Hope you have a Tier X vehicle.

cons can be fixed by Wargaming. Wargaming wont just take m idea and use it. and also i dont know what Purists is cuz my english is not really great

and also no i dont have a tier X tank but the new map may not be only for tier X. there will be a 2nd test server, and who knows what will change...

Laatikkomafia #6 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

View Postqpranger, on 05 August 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

IV is still the best of the series.

1ucky #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 71604 battles
@OP: Love your suggestions, dude! :D

Meanwhile, before they make any of those, enjoy the new map "Nebelberg" in the upcoming patch.
Think it looks a bit like your "Alps" idea, - except there's no dangerous road, - it looks like a valley set between mountains though.

Aikl #8 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25536 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

They're busy making HD rocks.

Maps are badly designed and relatively few. Both sucks - but guess which one both WG and me think is the priority to fix? As unreliable as WG can be, they've shown through arty that they give less of a crapfor players who exploit the mechanics they have at hand. I.e. this might mean that TDs won't enjoy the hard basecamping many has grown to love. Oh, and basing maps on 'historical' locations, while it seems interesting, really isn't. If you browse Google Maps, you'll understand why  - it's too easy to find a spot in any European city that plays out exactly like Paris. 

Heck, there was a Berlin map planned. I used Google maps and simply guessed from the overview where it would be. Branderburger Tor/Tiergarten - of course. :D

Funnily enough, the decision to remove most of these maps were praised in their time - but now they're just about par for the course. Heck, even frickin' Komarin in it's last iteration is essentially how most maps play out now. Massive base camp wins games - with minimal chance to counter it. Severogorsk was crap, but now it would be a decent map where camping the base is of relatively little use and there's some opportunities for playing the middle.

ShikaGS #9 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5298 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

View PostAikl, on 06 August 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

They're busy making HD rocks.

Maps are badly designed and relatively few. Both sucks - but guess which one both WG and me think is the priority to fix? As unreliable as WG can be, they've shown through arty that they give less of a crapfor players who exploit the mechanics they have at hand. I.e. this might mean that TDs won't enjoy the hard basecamping many has grown to love. Oh, and basing maps on 'historical' locations, while it seems interesting, really isn't. If you browse Google Maps, you'll understand why  - it's too easy to find a spot in any European city that plays out exactly like Paris. 

Heck, there was a Berlin map planned. I used Google maps and simply guessed from the overview where it would be. Branderburger Tor/Tiergarten - of course. :D

Funnily enough, the decision to remove most of these maps were praised in their time - but now they're just about par for the course. Heck, even frickin' Komarin in it's last iteration is essentially how most maps play out now. Massive base camp wins games - with minimal chance to counter it. Severogorsk was crap, but now it would be a decent map where camping the base is of relatively little use and there's some opportunities for playing the middle.

Wargaming also likes making invisible walls :/

View Post1ucky, on 06 August 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

@OP: Love your suggestions, dude! :D

Meanwhile, before they make any of those, enjoy the new map "Nebelberg" in the upcoming patch.
Think it looks a bit like your "Alps" idea, - except there's no dangerous road, - it looks like a valley set between mountains though.

Thanks, and ive played nebelburg and its quite fun BUT it will probably be for tier 10 only, so not fun :C

Browarszky #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postqpranger, on 05 August 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

So did Wolfenstein ET.

SABAOTH #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

A bunch of new maps with improved gameplay are being produced forrelease in the next future. They sport amazing graphics and class neutral game play, good for everyone.

The list is:

• Spring Himmeldorf
  • Winter Stalingrad
  • Winter Malinovka
  • Winter Fjords
  • Winter Redshire
  • Autumn Malinovka (same but with nice colors on leaves)
  • Autumn Himmeldorf (with beautiful red leaves)
  • Watery Salient (Prokhorovka after rain)
  • Summer Kharkov

I can't wait! :girl:

Merton15 #12 Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13859 battles
I would agree with the OP generally. The worst map is however Kittengard IMO. Yolo from the start, big collision,shooting frenzy and all over in 90 seconds. What kind of intro is that for new players? Bring back Province where newbies can actually learn the value of spotting and use of cover.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostMerton15, on 06 August 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

I would agree with the OP generally. The worst map is however Kittengard IMO. Yolo from the start, big collision,shooting frenzy and all over in 90 seconds. What kind of intro is that for new players? Bring back Province where newbies can actually learn the value of spotting and use of cover.

Careful, you are talking of WG's pride:

Rush, corridor, autoaim, gold.

That's their concept of the game. :popcorn:

NiemandXL #14 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles
It's not about quantity, the problem is quality. I would be perfectly happy with fewer but more interesting and better designed maps instead of more garbage like Paris or Pilsen.

Zhongze_Li #15 Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8454 battles

View PostNiemandXL, on 06 August 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's not about quantity, the problem is quality. I would be perfectly happy with fewer but more interesting and better designed maps instead of more garbage like Paris or Pilsen.

Yeah considering how they have tied up with HD-ing maps I would imagine that they can't really do two things (making new maps and making / editing good maps) at once.

SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16409 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Yes, i wish they would keep all maps in the game instead of removing them and just rework them like they have done others.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Every time I get the old maps on WOT console. I instantly remember why WG removed them and hate them with passion. Most of those maps were not bad by design. They were just played the same way by 99% of the players. And when 29 out 30 tanks only use the 9 line on Dragon Valley. Or the 2-3 line on Hidden Village every game, and ignore the rest of the map. It gets boring and predicable fast.

Port is the only map that was removed for other reasons then the heat map having everything at only one grid, or 2 lanes etc. As that was removed due to new gameplay mechanics. Tho console reworked it, and it works rather well. So I wish they brought that back.

WG did say last year they had plans to get some of the old maps back... in a heavily reworked from. Tho not heard anything much about it since then. And as for new maps besides the one coming for tier X next patch? Well they have at least reworked most maps for 9.20 to prevent mountain goats. But more new maps, WG have said that until the HD maps are done, we won't see much in terms of new maps. For all we know, some of the old maps are in there to in a heavily reworked from. As they are gonna release all the HD maps in one patch.

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 06 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yes, i wish they would keep all maps in the game instead of removing them and just rework them like they have done others.

That was the issue. Most of the maps got worse the more they reworked it. Like Severogorsk for instance, that went from a hill fighting map, to a lemming fail corridor lane map

View PostMerton15, on 06 August 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

That don't help. Province did not teach them anything other then frustration. Why? Because players with good tanks and binocs would more or less keep them perma spotted regardless of where they went. If the enemy team had a Pak 40, he only needed to move forward 1m and get 12 spots instantly. So when you got spotted in base before you got into cover in every game. It won't teach them anything, other then frustration because they can't see anything. And most new players like the instant action, vs the slow campy matches we did see on tier 1 with Province, or even Malinovka.

laulaur #18 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46604 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostNiemandXL, on 06 August 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yeah, if we get more maps like Paris or Pilsen.... i rather get no more new maps.

Almost all recent introduced maps are cramped city maps, good for armored heavy tanks with big alpha - and bad for every other class.

If you get meds and the enemy gets heavys on Paris or Pilsen, you are [edited] in 90% of cases.

I have seen a lot of battles with purple meds in losing team, and orange/yellow superheavys in the winning team. 

Please give us a little bigger maps with mixed composition - city and open fields. 

IMO now maps are too small and limit the tactical choices a lot, on most of them you can't spot and you can't flank.

flashbarts #19 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42313 battles
why would they bother ? No money in maps....

laulaur #20 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46604 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View Postflashbarts, on 06 August 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

why would they bother ? No money in maps....

True.

Maybe they could sell premium maps too? :coin::trollface:

Also tagged with maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users