• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Akazen #1 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6453 battles
  • [DATO] DATO

Hello.

I have been getting this a lot while playing swedish TD line. Starting tier 8 . people complain about them being overpowered.

I think from my point of view. Yeah It is OP when played right. just like any other tank when it's in good hands.

On the other hand. The tank (strv 103-3) lacks armor and once it's spotted it's surely going to get hit. If i show even an inch of my tank's side it's even worse. 

Also the tank is utter garbage in any small map or city map. (udes especially) Because of it's "lack" of mobility. 3.3 second hit and run. Now for it all compensates good camo and insanely good gun which will spam any tank to oblivion within seconds.

Well i can understand why the tank is considered OP by many. my 103-3 has 62% camo rating while not moving. I have been hiding in plain sight countless times within enemies own viewrange (445) m  and shoot tons of times before getting spotted. (doesnt happen always. sometimes a quick way to get killed) but when it does happen which is pretty often. it's hilarious. when people just shooting blindshots at you from 300m.
But is it really that OP ? Well it's the only tank i average at 2.2k damage per game. And im not at 2k wn8. Share thought's 

qpranger #2 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31557 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Overpowered. 

End of.

Aikl #3 Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Being incredibly situational and having mechanics/features based around arguably totally passive gameplay makes it broken, not necessarily OP.

Just sucks that they had to be labelled and made into bushcamping TDs instead of their intended use of a main battle tank:sceptic:

Hedgehog1963 #4 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50936 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Strv S1 must be OK then...

Akazen #5 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6453 battles
  • [DATO] DATO

View PostHedgehog1963, on 06 August 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

Strv S1 must be OK then...

I beg your pardon. I must have forgotten it. 

ExclamationMark #6 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
None of them are overpowered. Not even the 103b but it's very damn close. They are just incredibly annoying to play against.

StaryWilk #7 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16806 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

Nah, the camo value seems a bit too high but definetly not OP

That siege mode must be a pain

Edited by StaryWilk, 06 August 2017 - 02:38 AM.

Akazen #8 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6453 battles
  • [DATO] DATO

View PostStaryWilk, on 06 August 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Nah, the camo value seems a bit too high but definetly not OP

That siege mode must be a pain

No siege mode for it but still has hydraulics and it wouldnt even be fun to play the tank since it would average the games at 5-6 k dmg :D 

HunterXHunter8 #9 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33175 battles

not op, just has broken mechanics.

s tanks are useless on lot of maps. 

once spotted you'll take one shot for sure if not outright killed. 

the gun is the only saving grace for these tanks

1ucky #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68346 battles
It's fun auto-penning them with 122mm guns.
Or derping UDES with HE. :)

But yeah, their camo's really high...

tajj7 #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24849 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

No but they are a tank with a terrible play style, not sure they bring much that is positive to the game and their presence stagnates the gameplay. Hate playing against them and with them because the majority will camp right at the back (or even worse boost) regardless of the game situation, whether they are top tier etc. and just stay there the whole game. Because of their absurd camo and ability to use binos with no penalty for moving they are an absolute pain to dig out (especially when there is more than one, thank top of the tree).

Couple that with the stupid base camping positions WG seems to put on many maps that overlook base and can't be flanked, and the broken boost spots you end up basically having your team of wounded tanks that have won map control unable to do anything because of this broken tank and broken positions. 

Then when they are on your team they are useless unless half the team dies, getting one as your top tier you might as well not have a top tier tank because they'll hide behind the bottom tiers and be useless in base. 

It's a base camping bot tank and actually rewards base camping playstyle, thus for that reason they should be heavily nerfed, not that they are OP because they are practically useless offensively. 

I'd like to see them made less situational, make getting in and out siege a bit quicker, bit more movement in siege but heavily nerf their camo rating and remove their ability to use binos without penalty.

SABAOTH #12 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36437 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Posttajj7, on 06 August 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

No but they are a tank with a terrible play style, not sure they bring much that is positive to the game and their presence stagnates the gameplay. Hate playing against them and with them because the majority will camp right at the back (or even worse boost) regardless of the game situation, whether they are top tier etc. and just stay there the whole game. Because of their absurd camo and ability to use binos with no penalty for moving they are an absolute pain to dig out (especially when there is more than one, thank top of the tree).

Couple that with the stupid base camping positions WG seems to put on many maps that overlook base and can't be flanked, and the broken boost spots you end up basically having your team of wounded tanks that have won map control unable to do anything because of this broken tank and broken positions. 

Then when they are on your team they are useless unless half the team dies, getting one as your top tier you might as well not have a top tier tank because they'll hide behind the bottom tiers and be useless in base. 

It's a base camping bot tank and actually rewards base camping playstyle, thus for that reason they should be heavily nerfed, not that they are OP because they are practically useless offensively. 

I'd like to see them made less situational, make getting in and out siege a bit quicker, bit more movement in siege but heavily nerf their camo rating and remove their ability to use binos without penalty.

I saw some tier X played by players more aggressively and they performed pretty good with the team (unless hit by arty).

Is just that probably people assume that they must base camp because camo/sniper combo. But it can play right imho.

jack_timber #13 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32507 battles

PROS

Gun great pen, fast reload ( real S class had autoloaders imagine that in a battle), high velocity rounds ( fast moving targets easier to hit), plays like turreted TDs ( doesn't lose camo or binos when turning). 

Fast to relocate (103 & B seem slow after UDES only 50kph). Very high camo values and view range. Makes a great spotter. Armour on 103B incredibly bouncy

CONS

Siege mode, 2 seconds to enter exit UDES has limited gun elevation/depression outside of siege mode others have 0. You have to play as a sniper so it's a true campybush TD. Theses TDs love the great outdoors they aren't city dwellers. Like most TDs easily flanked and if spotted a quick exit to garage can be expected. Needs a well trained crew to maximise view range and concealment.

So overall groan on city map big wide smile on open map.

Just a few of my thoughts.....

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10727 battles

For me its the high camo value.

Incredably annoying when you think you have an open flank to go kill arty, and some swedish TD shoots you. Even more annoying that he remains unspotted. 

Edit: don't own one but I can imagin its not very fun in city maps

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 06 August 2017 - 08:47 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50936 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Given the massive view ranges at high tier I find the UDES and S1 hard to play.  Love the guns though.  I feel like I can hurt almost everything.

hjorte #16 Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14022 battles
Balancing this game must be incredibly complex, with varying parameters like maps, vehicles and players skill. All these threads about this and that, OP tanks, bad maps etc. are all biased as hell. The truth is that is it impossible to make everyone feel comfortable, everywhere and in anything.

WindSplitter1 #17 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

Mmm... I feel deep rooted attraction towards vehicles people typically dislike.

But anyways, what I don't find fitting about the vehicle is the fact that, where other tanks have a given premium round penetration, the S tanks get it as default. Loading gold seems rather pointless in it.

I see many of you complaining about the high cammo bonus the TDs possess. As a LT, I already know what to expect. The Dicker Max has some cammo and Tier IX view range and I used to find it frequently. That doesn't bother me as a result.

Apart from the excessively high pen, even for TDs, I'd say the tank is perfectly balanced. Boosting isn't an issue that comes with the vehicle by the way, and WG already addressed this.

arthurwellsley #18 Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Posttajj7, on 06 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I am on the tier VIII Udes at the moment.

I generally have little patience for bush wenking in turretless tds.

But the thing you have not mentioned about the UDES is that it is fast, very fast. Think overgrown e25. It does not need to redline snipe.

Search_Warrant #19 Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postqpranger, on 06 August 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Overpowered. 

End of.

Actually. UDES is underperforming.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S21_UDES_03

Funny how S1. a slower but 90mm immune armor profile with worse accuracy, is actually "on the line" balanced.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S22_Strv_S1

Oddly enough the tier 9 is underperforming/on the line-ish. which i find odd due to it having 120mm immune armor and better DPM.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S10_Strv_103_0_Series

Again tier 10, on the line 100% almost. these are oddly the most balanced tanks i think i have seen in game that have stayed closest to the line.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S11_Strv_103B

Edit: oddly enough i dont blame udes/S1 for chai sniping at the back. there armor is none existant and there "after fire" camo is horrible. i have S1 with net/paint/camo crew and have been spotted at extreme ranges. armor that rely's of caliber rule is horrible. tier 5+ tanks can pen my freaking S1. its stupid all they need is a 91mm gun and im paper.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 06 August 2017 - 05:08 PM.

tajj7 #20 Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24849 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 06 August 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Actually. UDES is underperforming.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S21_UDES_03

Funny how S1. a slower but 90mm immune armor profile with worse accuracy, is actually "on the line" balanced.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S22_Strv_S1

Oddly enough the tier 9 is underperforming/on the line-ish. which i find odd due to it having 120mm immune armor and better DPM.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S10_Strv_103_0_Series

Again tier 10, on the line 100% almost. these are oddly the most balanced tanks i think i have seen in game that have stayed closest to the line.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/sweden/S11_Strv_103B

Edit: oddly enough i dont blame udes/S1 for chai sniping at the back. there armor is none existant and there "after fire" camo is horrible. i have S1 with net/paint/camo crew and have been spotted at extreme ranges. armor that rely's of caliber rule is horrible. tier 5+ tanks can pen my freaking S1. its stupid all they need is a 91mm gun and im paper.

Fv4005 and 183 are underpowered still broken as all hell and bad for the game, Swedish TDs are no different. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users