Why I quit...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

xxCounterpoinTxx #1 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16869 battles

I'm 41 and I have been playing WOT for 6 years now and I have *always* had a premium account. "I don't want to think about how much money I have spent on this game, but it's a considerable amount. I own a type 59 and an E25.

I was speaking with another gamer recently and I mentioned the "pay to play" subscription based concept of games today and he said WOT is not pay to play it's "pay to win". Sure you can play for free but you will never get anywhere. 

I now have 15k battles. I play this game to relax at the end of a hard day or to completely waste a weekend away. I play WOT to advance my tank lines by earning xp and credits. I have advanced many of the main tank lines to tier 10 but I find tier 10 gameplay is not for me. I finally advance to tier 10 and then I just lose interest in the tank. Mainly, if you have a bad run or a mediocre run at tier 10 you will end up in the hole financially. Playing tier 10 is a money pit and not a very relaxing style of play. 

I now find that I have a garage full of tier 8-9 tanks that I find to be painful grinds. I also have a bunch of tank lines that just start to suck as they progress. Recently I find myself literally screaming at the game for a variety of reasons. The constant grind is just not fun anymore.

The main emotion I feel recently is "helplessness" because I'm stuck in long grind tanks up against other tanks two tiers higher than me. It's just don't find enjoyment feeling helpless in this game anymore. 

I have always refused to shoot gold ammo. I pay a monthly "subscription" as it is for a premium account. I end up spending gold to get past the grind too often as well.

The concept that someone can pay more money to do more damage to other players is really screwed up. They most likely make these stock grinds more painful in the hopes that people will spend gold to bypass the terrible equipment on stock tanks.

The WZ120 was the nail in the coffin for me. Great final gun but wow did I hate grinding that tank. I'm not going to bother mentioning all the tanks I have hated over the years.

I don't know of any other game where there is a period of hatred involved in playing. Grinding stock tanks sucks! More helplessness... Is it worth 5 bucks to bypass that feeling of helplessness? Eff it, let's do it...

The new matchmaker is no better. I would be more than happy to wait a little longer to get into equal tier games instead of seemingly always being stuck as a low tier tank. At tier 9, there are always these three tier 10 tanks. Why can't tier 10 tanks just go play in their own room? I would do anything for rooms full of tier 9 tanks to have a level of equality in the game. I feel like I'm ALWAYS low tier and at a disadvantage while playing this game.

When you are playing on a team I feel I am constantly the victim of WTF team gameplay. You can only carry so much and when you are low tier and grinding a tank and everyone lemmings to one side? I feel like I am playing with morons half the time. 

I decided to take a break from WOT and I went on a game buying binge looking at the "monthly" expenses I will never have to pay buying these new games. I picked up BF1, BF4, Rising Storm 2 and most notably Battlegrounds. 

Also, I recently moved from Europe to South East Asia. I have sent several emails to WG begging them to switch me to the Asia servers because I play with 250-350 ms ping; they say I cannot switch my account to the Asia servers. I either have to play in high ping rooms or I have to start all over again with a new account on the Asia servers. Neither option works for me. So why continue to play when you move regions?

I have spent *hundreds* of euros on this game. Why can they not look at my account and the money I have spent and switch me to the Asia server to keep me as a customer? 

In every other game I have recently purchased I have the option to select which server locations I want to play on. If I want to continue to play WOT I'm stuck on EU servers and with a frustrating amount of lag.

Anyway, I'm done. I'm sure you are all going to call me a noob etc... But that's another reason I quit playing. I actually played this game with the chat turned off for the last year! 

The whole WOT system is broken for me now. I just don't find the enjoyment of advancing tiers and playing on teams with idiots. I want to play on equal terms of skill against my competition in games now.

Battlegrounds is sweet by the way. Everyone starts off equal and it's up to skill and luck. 

I could take more time to refine this post... But I don't want to waste any more of my time on this game.

Bye!

Edited by xxCounterpoinTxx, 07 August 2017 - 08:17 AM.

Midnightsun1912 #2 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22807 battles

Sincerly that you have  no opportunity to switch your Server is kinda  bull.

Even if they fear that potentially Players use offers from other regions than it Points to a General other Setup Problems of WOT.

Spurtung #3 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64935 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

lonigus #4 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

I was speaking with another gamer recently and I mentioned the "pay to play" subscription based concept of games today and he said WOT is not pay to play it's "pay to win". Sure you can play for free but you will never get anywhere. 

You people need to learn what "pay 2 win" really means since from what I can see the "paying" didnt really helped your "winning" looking at those stats...

The fact that they wont change your account to the SEA server cluster sucks, but from your post it seems that you like to complain alot.

Why such threads are needed announcing someone is quiting is still a mystery to me. Even more from someone that has 3 posts on this forum and noone knows you.

Edited by lonigus, 07 August 2017 - 08:22 AM.

PowJay #5 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35663 battles
I am really going to miss this guy, whoever he is. :(

jabster #6 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12574 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
For someone whose stats are so lacklustre you seem pretty quick to insult the play of your team mates.

xxCounterpoinTxx #7 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16869 battles

Yes, please bring up my stats more.

I played mostly light tanks for quite a bit. 

Then I started grinding mediums. 

I found it more interesting to charge than it was to sit back and camp to pad my stats. 

Please tell me more about how my stats suck. Because I don't give a Edited about playing for stats.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 07 August 2017 - 08:35 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

wsatnutter #8 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25157 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Just saying

And bye bye 

jabster #9 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12574 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Yes, please bring up my stats more.

I played mostly light tanks for quite a bit. 

Then I started grinding mediums. 

I found it more interesting to charge than it was to sit back and camp to pad my stats. 

Please tell me more about how my stats suck. Because I don't give a Edited  about playing for stats.

If you're quite happy to insult your team mates over how they play why is it wrong to bring your own stats into the argument?

Edited by Asklepi0s, 07 August 2017 - 08:36 AM.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

I was speaking with another gamer recently and I mentioned the "pay to play" subscription based concept of games today and he said WOT is not pay to play it's "pay to win". 

It's neither of both. You should learn what those terms mean. It's massively pay2progress and has p2w elements (after premammo and skills there are now p2w tanks, too), but that's it. Still acceptable - if it wasn't for the whole freaking lot of other problems.

Block Quote

I have spent *hundreds* of euros on this game. Why can they not look at my account and the money I have spent and switch me to the Asia server to keep me as a customer

Most likely because they want to waste as little money as possible with customer care. They just want you to play and spend money, which you did. They really love you as a customer.

Another reason could be that the Asian WoT is run by a different company...

WoT's success is based on its uniqueness. If there was another - and better - game like it, the servers would be empty in no time.

But so far, other devs thought that creating another tankgame that basically copies all the flaws will do the trick...

Anyway. Thanks for your feedback. WG won't care of course, but I kinda enjoy elaborate threads like this.

Have fun in Asia - and with other games.

Edited by Jigabachi, 07 August 2017 - 08:33 AM.

Asklepi0s #11 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

• 7376 battles
This thread has been moved to off-topic by moderation team due to wrong section.

xxCounterpoinTxx #12 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16869 battles

Thanks for leaving a positive comment Jigabachi

I really used to enjoy playing this game. It's sad that after 6 years I don't find it enjoyable anymore.

I was so excited when I heard they were going to "fix" the matchmaker. But it's just more gameplay where I'm stuck low tier grinding tanks most of the time...

For everyone who thinks I am "insulting" my teammates I don't think most people who comment here are the problem. You all know the moment everyone lemmings to one side and you just know the game is hopeless. Do you try to protect the flank alone? Or do you join the lemming party and see if the lemming push works? 

Please don't take this so personally.

DracheimFlug #13 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9095 battles

Know the feeling regarding the move, having moved from NA to EU (and no, couldn't transfer my account either, and over 20k battles there).

As for the rest, upper tiers have always been like that and actually used to be worse. As for the rest of it, too much self righteousness and not enough patience. With a Type and an E 25 plus a premium account you should have had no trouble with having enough credits to shoot some gold and still afford everything else. No additional paying needed. Since you can buy said rounds with credits that you should have easily been able to generate, not doing so was just unnecessarily crippling yourself.

Dr_ownape #14 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44196 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I was a premium account user for my first couple of years and i own about 5 prem tanks that i've bought with cash (although no tier 8s). I now find myself in a position where i can happliy play an average tier of about 8.5 and still keep my earnings even (try and keep 15 mil in the bank for rainy days). You are right that tier 10 gameplay is expensive but you can be F2P and still make money if you play well and play the right tanks. Yes using gold hurts (had a -96,000 game in my T71 yesterday) but only use it when you NEED too and it even itself out.

Anyway GL it whatever game you go too and always remember...tanks isn't going anywhere yet

Dragonlordcv #15 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23980 battles

I'm 41 and I have been playing WOT for 6 years now and I have *always* had a premium account. "I don't want to think about how much money I have spent on this game, but it's a considerable amount. I own a type 59 and an E25.

I now have 15k battles. I play this game to relax at the end of a hard day or to completely waste a weekend away. I play WOT to advance my tank lines by earning xp and credits. I have advanced many of the main tank lines to tier 10 but I find tier 10 gameplay is not for me. I finally advance to tier 10 and then I just lose interest in the tank. Mainly, if you have a bad run or a mediocre run at tier 10 you will end up in the hole financially. Playing tier 10 is a money pit and not a very relaxing style of play. 

I now find that I have a garage full of tier 8-9 tanks that I find to be painful grinds. I also have a bunch of tank lines that just start to suck as they progress. Recently I find myself literally screaming at the game for a variety of reasons. The constant grind is just not fun anymore.

The main emotion I feel recently is "helplessness" because I'm stuck in long grind tanks up against other tanks two tiers higher than me. It's just don't find enjoyment feeling helpless in this game anymore. 

I have always refused to shoot gold ammo. I pay a monthly "subscription" as it is for a premium account. I end up spending gold to get past the grind too often as well.

The concept that someone can pay more money to do more damage to other players is really screwed up. They most likely make these stock grinds more painful in the hopes that people will spend gold to bypass the terrible equipment on stock tanks.

The WZ120 was the nail in the coffin for me. Great final gun but wow did I hate grinding that tank. I'm not going to bother mentioning all the tanks I have hated over the years.

I don't know of any other game where there is a period of hatred involved in playing. Grinding stock tanks sucks! More helplessness... Is it worth 5 bucks to bypass that feeling of helplessness? Eff it, let's do it...

The new matchmaker is no better. I would be more than happy to wait a little longer to get into equal tier games instead of seemingly always being stuck as a low tier tank. At tier 9, there are always these three tier 10 tanks. Why can't tier 10 tanks just go play in their own room? I would do anything for rooms full of tier 9 tanks to have a level of equality in the game. I feel like I'm ALWAYS low tier and at a disadvantage while playing this game.

When you are playing on a team I feel I am constantly the victim of WTF team gameplay. You can only carry so much and when you are low tier and grinding a tank and everyone lemmings to one side? I feel like I am playing with morons half the time. 

I decided to take a break from WOT and I went on a game buying binge looking at the "monthly" expenses I will never have to pay buying these new games. I picked up BF1, BF4, Rising Storm 2 and most notably Battlegrounds. 

Also, I recently moved from Europe to South East Asia. I have sent several emails to WG begging them to switch me to the Asia servers because I play with 250-350 ms ping; they say I cannot switch my account to the Asia servers. I either have to play in high ping rooms or I have to start all over again with a new account on the Asia servers. Neither option works for me. So why continue to play when you move regions?

I have spent *hundreds* of euros on this game. Why can they not look at my account and the money I have spent and switch me to the Asia server to keep me as a customer? 

In every other game I have recently purchased I have the option to select which server locations I want to play on. If I want to continue to play WOT I'm stuck on EU servers and with a frustrating amount of lag.

Anyway, I'm done. I'm sure you are all going to call me a noob etc... But that's another reason I quit playing. I actually played this game with the chat turned off for the last year! 

The whole WOT system is broken for me now. I just don't find the enjoyment of advancing tiers and playing on teams with idiots. I want to play on equal terms of skill against my competition in games now.

Battlegrounds is sweet by the way. Everyone starts off equal and it's up to skill and luck. 

I could take more time to refine this post... But I don't want to waste any more of my time on this game.

Bye!

Look at it as an opportunity that you won't come back and don't forget to advertise their customer "service" ! Have a great time away from wot ! Hope i join you soon

jabster #16 Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12574 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Thanks for leaving a positive comment Jigabachi

I really used to enjoy playing this game. It's sad that after 6 years I don't find it enjoyable anymore.

I was so excited when I heard they were going to "fix" the matchmaker. But it's just more gameplay where I'm stuck low tier grinding tanks most of the time...

For everyone who thinks I am "insulting" my teammates I don't think most people who comment here are the problem. You all know the moment everyone lemmings to one side and you just know the game is hopeless. Do you try to protect the flank alone? Or do you join the lemming party and see if the lemming push works? 

Please don't take this so personally.

Who's taking it personally, well expect you of course. The fact is you've commented on how awful your team mates are when your stats indicate you're one and the same. To put it another way if you're not prepared to improve your own game then it's a bit strange to complain about others who are the same.

MR_FIAT #17 Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19814 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Trying to be the hero and defend a empty flank is ussualy the worst thing you can do in that situation. It will just get you killed as the enemy team facerolls you. 

play to your team, dont expect a team to play to you. And yes i do struggle with this myself at times but hey thats why we learn and improve ourselves. 

Server migration does suck and its a better reason to stop then the usual "omgp2wcheathaxorsnobullipls" threads. Tier 8 mm is borked especialy when platooning. 

xxCounterpoinTxx #18 Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16869 battles

I'm just going to unfollow this.

Edited by xxCounterpoinTxx, 07 August 2017 - 09:15 AM.

Strappster #19 Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 24934 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You want skill-based match-making in WoT but recommend PUBG on the basis that it doesn't have it. Brilliant.

Homer_J #20 Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29263 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostxxCounterpoinTxx, on 07 August 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Good players are pretty unanimous on this that firstly a lemming train, if done right is a good tactic because it concentrates all your firepower in one place, secondly that you never be the hero and try to hold a flank alone.

Good players are also unanimous that we all get the same teams and if you play well you win more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users