WGfailsagain

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

JocMeister #1 Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20521 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Another epic faceplant by WG "balancing department". Seriously. How many screwups are they allowed before someone higher up at WG realize these guys don´t have the slightest clue on what they are doing? Its just mind boggling how they can be allowed to continue...

Latest fails (to name just a few)

-E5 HD buff.

-Type 4 & 5 armor buff.

-Introduction of derp guns on the Type 4 & 5.

-Maus buff

-Broken Premiums (Defender, Patriot, Chrysler to mention a few)

Now we have this to add to the list.

https://www.youtube....h?v=P9kaLcZ47Ho (Circon review)

https://www.youtube....h?v=edEPlUCS9iA (QB review)

Want to clip a full health IS7? Kranvagn? Almost full health Type 5? No problem comrade! New Foch 50B can do that for you...This is just hilariously broken I can even grasp how they managed to put it together without someone at WG saying: "Guys? This might not be a very good idea.". Even QB questions the Foch 50B in the end of his video drawing parallells with a certain TD that was removed...

Oh, and of course it has bad AP pen and awesome gold pen. Because reasons.

Edited by JocMeister, 07 August 2017 - 04:57 PM.

brumbarr #2 Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

yeah, now that I see it its maybe a bit too much.

Remove 1 shell, decrease reload by 3s and buff pen to  280 something and it should be fine imo.

commer #3 Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 07 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Another epic faceplant by WG "balancing department". Seriously. How many screwups are they allowed before someone higher up at WG realize these guys don´t have the slightest clue on what they are doing? Its just mind boggling how they can be allowed to continue...

-E5 HD buff.

-Type 4 & 5 armor buff.

-Maus buff

Want to clip a full health IS7? Kranvagn? Almost full health Type 5? No problem comrade! New Foch 50B can do that for you...This is just hilariously broken I can even grasp how they managed to put it together without someone at WG saying: "Guys? This might not be a very good idea.". Even QB questions the Foch 50B in the end of his video drawing parallells with a certain TD that was removed...

Isn't the gold pen same as 50b as in not that awesome?

Aikl #4 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 07 August 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Remove 1 shell, decrease reload by 3s and buff pen to  280 something and it should be fine imo.

Nah. It's the new FOTM now that they've nerfed the Type 5 and Maus (a lil' bit). Give it four months or so, then they've "got the necessary data" and "listened to your feedback". :D

Sounds like a fun tank to meet when you dare venture into the enemy base or encounter on the medium flank. Just the tank we need!

Edit: Oh, and keeping with tradition this thing is introduced with upgraded clip damage - and that's after they adjusted light tank autoloaders and introduced the Lorraine 40t with a sensible clip (and not to mention the Batchat changes). Gotta wonder what kind of socks the balancing department is smoking... but it's hardly news that Wargaming still has no idea on how to progress with tank styles and whatnot.

Edited by Aikl, 07 August 2017 - 05:04 PM.

JocMeister #5 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20521 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postcommer, on 07 August 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Isn't the gold pen same as 50b as in not that awesome?

325 APCR "not awesome"?

Edited by JocMeister, 07 August 2017 - 05:04 PM.

Aikl #6 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJocMeister, on 07 August 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

325 APCR....

Don't forget increased ammo capacity so you can spam gold when in T10 or stick to AP when it's time to chew up two T8 tanks for a late-game snack. :great:

Dennyb #7 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles
I swear, every time I return to the forums WarGaming has come up with yet another way of being completely retarded and [edited]their game further. Honestly, why is this game not dead yet? I'm baffled.

Aikl #8 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDennyb, on 07 August 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

I swear, every time I return to the forums WarGaming has come up with yet another way of being completely retarded and [edited]their game further. Honestly, why is this game not dead yet? I'm baffled.

Because the base idea of "tanks go vroom and boom" is a rather fun concept - and the FOTM concept is bringing the bucks in.

This won't change much, those of us that has played for several years know all too well that this game has never been without problems - regardless of people whining about how much more fun the game was back in 2011... StuG III seeing IS-7s and whatnot. :D

Edited by Aikl, 07 August 2017 - 05:12 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Oh relax, after everyone has bought free xp to get it. They will nerf the mag to 5 shots, 390 alpha and 2,7 seconds between rounds. And the side armor to 45. As pr the norm... well as a stage 1 nerf anyway. Low AP pen is the only thing keeping from being 100% retarded. If the AP was like 290, the gold would be like 360+ because reasons.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 August 2017 - 05:17 PM.

Dennyb #10 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles

View PostAikl, on 07 August 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

This won't change much, those of us that has played for several years know all too well that this game has never been without problems - regardless of people whining about how much more fun the game was back in 2011... StuG III seeing IS-7s and whatnot. :D

Oh it's always had problems. Never on this scale though. Basically what we're seeing is what happens when one company has an entire market locked down, they can do whatever they want without competition providing a threat.

roachex #11 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Foch can clip IS-7, 50B, all meds, all TDs like since introduction. You think a clip 2.250k can not clip most tier X tanks?

Though in general it counts as one of the worst tanks in the game.

6x400 is a ok clip for platform. Remember BC has 5x390 (so no point from 5x400 variant on a casemate). This TD will have a MT hunter role. MT & Heviums will be annoyed guarantee that one! But for superheavies its just extra blocked stats.

F50B will not change game.

tajj7 #12 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 07 August 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

2k is still probably too much, I'd prefer if they went a different way, buff the pen like you say to 270-280, cut the shells down to 3, buff the ground resistances and reverse speed, get the clip reload down to like 20s. 

Make it like a TD Chi-ri/TVP. 

brumbarr #13 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttajj7, on 07 August 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

2k is still probably too much, I'd prefer if they went a different way, buff the pen like you say to 270-280, cut the shells down to 3, buff the ground resistances and reverse speed, get the clip reload down to like 20s. 

Make it like a TD Chi-ri/TVP. 

idk, I have several issues with that:

1) A low clip  doesnt work on a turretless TD. You cant jsut be cheeky and quickly unload. You would need to get your whole tank around to  do a bit of dmg and prob take a lot in return.

2) If a japanese TD line is implemented, low clips are there thing.

3) Big clips is kinda the french thing.

I think 2k is fine tbh, but that should be the max for any clip. Its just 1 shell more than the heavy autoloaders, the BC already has pretty much 2K and the foch had more than 2K before.

Edited by brumbarr, 07 August 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Press2ForSkill #14 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14567 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View Postbrumbarr, on 07 August 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

idk, I have several issues with that:

1) A low clip  doesnt work on a turretless TD. You cant jsut be cheeky and quickly unload. You would need to get your whole tank around to  do a bit of dmg and prob take a lot in return.

2) If a japanese TD line is implemented, low clips are there thing.

3) Big clips is kinda the french thing.

I think 2k is fine tbh, but that should be the max for any clip. Its just 1 shell more than the heavy autoloaders, the BC already has pretty much 2K and the foch had more than 2K before.

imo if WG change the 2 secs between each shots to 2.5 or 2.73 it will be kinda balanced, but shooting it lightning fast is crazy.... Either remove a shell or let it take longer to unload

brumbarr #15 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 07 August 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

imo if WG change the 2 secs between each shots to 2.5 or 2.73 it will be kinda balanced, but shooting it lightning fast is crazy.... Either remove a shell or let it take longer to unload

The T57 has 2s unload, the amx  50B 2.5 , I dont think 2s for a TD which sacrifices so much is too much.

Removing a shell is the way to go imo, and then reduce clip relaod a bit but not too much. ( like 3s) so the dpm is lowered.

Edited by brumbarr, 07 August 2017 - 05:48 PM.

fredo_k #16 Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27809 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 07 August 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

-E5 HD buff.

-Type 4 & 5 armor buff.

-Maus buff

Stop moaning, it's life. Let me guess you mostly play medium tanks and can't bear the thought of being done by a TD. It's because of you that tanks get nerfed and buffed all the time. 

Derethim #17 Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostAikl, on 07 August 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Gotta wonder what kind of socks the balancing department is smoking... but it's hardly news that Wargaming still has no idea on how to progress with tank styles and whatnot.

I don't know what they are smoking, but it's expensive and they need a lot of money to buy it, obviously.

WG should drop this marketing tactic - an extremely fun, diverse and balanced game makes more money, than a free game aimed at making a player dish out money to buy either a premium account, so they can make money while spamming gold rounds, or buying a premium tank you cannot penetrate without premium ammunition, unless you somehow manage to fly behind it, while evading 700 damage shots from TDs.

Dat balance

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45377 battles

Stop panicking every time they make a change.

Players moan all the time about the state of the game and then moan about the changes and the next changes and it never ends.

Players said that armour meant nothing any more because Premium ammo made it irrelevant.

So

On the Sandbox they tested reducing the pen of all standard and premium ammo at extended ranges,

Immediately before this test has had a chance to go from sandbox to supertest to common test the complaints started.

Just think about that Armour is useless because of gold ammo pen

Ok lets reduce the pen

NOOOOOOOH wargaming your so stupid breaking the game etc etc.

SO whats the point of listening to the players when they simply cannot make up their minds.

So what else has wargaming tried

Well currently they are buffing armour and yet again that is wrong.

So you want the problem of armour being useless fixing but reducing the pen of shells or increasing the armour protection are both wrong and so apparently is rng making shells miss weak spots.

The Foch 50B will enter the game probably with stats similar to those being tested though its possible they will tweak them a little.

Depending on how it plays in the game it will go on the list of tanks to be buffed nerfed or left alone for now.

Getting the balance of the tier 8 9 and 10 French TDs is important as there are likely to be a lot of them in the game

lord_chipmonk #19 Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View Postbrumbarr, on 07 August 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

The T57 has 2s unload, the amx  50B 2.5 , I dont think 2s for a TD which sacrifices so much is too much.

Removing a shell is the way to go imo, and then reduce clip relaod a bit but not too much. ( like 3s) so the dpm is lowered.

I agree. It would still be able to clip meds, but it would have to connect every single shot. Aside from that, it would only kill wounded enemies. Like you, I'm not convinced by a small mag on a TD. I think it would be a bit limited. 

brumbarr #20 Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 07 August 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Stop panicking every time they make a change.

Players moan all the time about the state of the game and then moan about the changes and the next changes and it never ends.

Players said that armour meant nothing any more because Premium ammo made it irrelevant.

So

On the Sandbox they tested reducing the pen of all standard and premium ammo at extended ranges,

Immediately before this test has had a chance to go from sandbox to supertest to common test the complaints started.

Just think about that Armour is useless because of gold ammo pen

Ok lets reduce the pen

NOOOOOOOH wargaming your so stupid breaking the game etc etc.

SO whats the point of listening to the players when they simply cannot make up their minds.

So what else has wargaming tried

Well currently they are buffing armour and yet again that is wrong.

So you want the problem of armour being useless fixing but reducing the pen of shells or increasing the armour protection are both wrong and so apparently is rng making shells miss weak spots.

The Foch 50B will enter the game probably with stats similar to those being tested though its possible they will tweak them a little.

Depending on how it plays in the game it will go on the list of tanks to be buffed nerfed or left alone for now.

Getting the balance of the tier 8 9 and 10 French TDs is important as there are likely to be a lot of them in the game

Moaning is the job of players, making money is the job of the company,  trying to balance these 2 is the job of the developer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users