WG... Clan Wars season 6 for EU... when?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

FireflyDivision #1 Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23779 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

Dear WG,

On August 1st, players on the American server were told that their CW season will start on August 10th: http://forum.worldof...gins-august-10/

The full details about the season were shared today: https://worldoftanks...season-6-rules/

On RU, developers were already constantly communicating with the players. Their season details were released on August 4th: https://worldoftanks.../6-sezon-na-gk/

On the Asian server, people knew the start date and several details already on August 2nd: http://forum.worldof...eason-6-notice/

Full details were released yesterday: https://worldoftanks...ts/gm-season-6/

My question is... when could we at EU expect any information? EU always seems to be the last to receive any information regarding CW.

If there is delay because WG wants to implement proposals specifically proposed by EU players (250+ EU clans, http://forum.worldof...ding-clan-wars/), then I can understand the delay, and I'm sure that most other people would understand too. 

However, at the moment we have no idea about what's going on. Is there any chance that we could know what the current situation is?

Thank you

Firefly

Edited by FireflyDivision, 08 August 2017 - 02:40 PM.

Griva #2 Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

soon™

Spoiler

Edited by Griva, 08 August 2017 - 03:07 PM.

LtFloppy #3 Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28568 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
I second this, been waiting for information about the new season and clan wars in general for a long time now. Really keen for a new season on the global map, obviously if more time is need for implementing the EU specific rules I don't mind there being a delay as long as we get to play like the other servers. 

Silas001 #4 Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47400 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

View PostFireflyDivision, on 08 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

My question is... when could we at EU expect any information? EU always seems to be the last to receive any information regarding CW.

[..]

However, at the moment we have no idea about what's going on. Is there any chance that we could know what the current situation is?

Thank you

Firefly

Cute that you think someone who might have some answers (if there is anyone in Paris) would read and respond here. In fact it is really sad that WG is so unreliable when it comes to communicating any information to the players that we just laugh about it and expect the EU-Office to do the worst.

So dont get me wrong. Besides my self-destructive sarcastic personality I really appreciate this effort to press some information out of WG. We should stay on edge and demand answers from WG even if we dont expect them to care at all.

View PostFireflyDivision, on 08 August 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

If there is delay because WG wants to implement proposals specifically proposed by EU players (250+ EU clans, http://forum.worldof...ding-clan-wars/), then I can understand the delay, and I'm sure that most other people would understand too.

So if taking those proposals into account would really be the reason for the delay I would be totally on board but that doesnt change that we need to get answers on what is going on and there is no excuse for this lack of endless absence of any communication (on WG's side).

The thing is WG wont just copy and implement the demands of the players but there will always be some compromise - mostly since a lot of players want different things and letting public opinion dictate all your actions generally doesnt lead to the best results.

But especially if you really would want to address the biggest issues the players have raised, you need to communicate whats going on and maybe even adjust or you will again (as so often in the past) just miss the important stuff and maybe even make it worse.

Griva #5 Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

View PostSilas001, on 08 August 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So if taking those proposals into account would really be the reason for the delay I would be totally on board but that doesnt change that we need to get answers on what is going on and there is no excuse for this lack of endless absence of any communication (on WG's side).

The thing is WG wont just copy and implement the demands of the players but there will always be some compromise - mostly since a lot of players want different things and letting public opinion dictate all your actions generally doesnt lead to the best results.

But especially if you really would want to address the biggest issues the players have raised, you need to communicate whats going on and maybe even adjust or you will again (as so often in the past) just miss the important stuff and maybe even make it worse.

It they implement something from our list it would be almost the same as RU server got it means there is nothing special to do, just "copy" most of it.

They are probably on delay as always  :bajan:

Lannis #6 Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21229 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
I would love to work for WG EU.. Imagine getting paid to do absolutely nothing ..

japtank #7 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

View PostLannis, on 08 August 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

I would love to work for WG EU.. Imagine getting paid to do absolutely nothing ..

Insulting WG will get you a long way.

Y_O_L_0 #8 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19186 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND
I just saw the new winter camo (yes, another one) and it looks amazing. Curious what tier 10 reward tank will we get, T95/Chieftain or maybe Obj. 777.

I'm sure the campaign will be in December, as there are more important things, like implementing tier 8 premiums.

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I agree FireFlyDivision, but

Paris au Mois d’Août

Even the Paris mayors ofice will give you a list of major tourist attractions that close in August;

Museums and cultural sites closed in August in Paris

• Musée Curie
  • Musée du Fumeur
  • Musée Pasteur
  • Musée Clemenceau

beware however, that in September when the kids need to be back in school there is the;

La Rentrée

Corruption_Clan #10 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45430 battles

when u find out,, be sure to alert the rest of the clan world.

kthnxbai

_EXODUZ_ #11 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I bet we won't get an answer here.

Griva #12 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 32286 battles

View PostLannis, on 08 August 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

I would love to work for free only to deliver informations in time.

_EXODUZ_ #13 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLannis, on 08 August 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

I think they're understaffed and have wrong priorities.

Silas001 #14 Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47400 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

View PostY_O_L_0, on 08 August 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I just saw the new winter camo (yes, another one) and it looks amazing. Curious what tier 10 reward tank will we get, T95/Chieftain or maybe Obj. 777.

I'm sure the campaign will be in December, as there are more important things, like implementing tier 8 premiums.

WTF100 :trollface:

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15517 battles

The amount of troll/unconstructive comments on a serious matter that people actually have interest in...

I would also second the Opening Post.

Really, I don't get why EU is last on everything.

1ucky #16 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostSilas001, on 08 August 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

(...)

(...)

^ This is so nicely put.

GJ man! :)

Who knows what the game would be like, if a large chunk of the playerbase understood that?

Anyway, @CW season start:

Why not simply prepare for war, and expect the anouncement any time soon?

Some region will always be the last to start (unless all start simultaneously...), but that's not the end of the world, right?

Or is it? :)

Edited by 1ucky, 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM.

Tidal_Force #17 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post1ucky, on 08 August 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

^ This is so nicely put.

Who knows what the game would be like, if a large chunk of the playerbase understood that?

Some region will always be the last to start (unless all start simultaneously...), but that's not the end of the world, right?

CW campaign is extremely taxing in terms of own free time. You can't prepare just in case, because for campaign, you have to clear 2 to 4 weeks of free evenings without any other obligations. Unless you have no family, no friends, no vacation and perhaps even no work, you can't be constantly ready for campaign.

FireflyDivision #18 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23779 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View PostSilas001, on 08 August 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Cute that you think someone who might have some answers (if there is anyone in Paris) would read and respond here. In fact it is really sad that WG is so unreliable when it comes to communicating any information to the players that we just laugh about it and expect the EU-Office to do the worst.

So dont get me wrong. Besides my self-destructive sarcastic personality I really appreciate this effort to press some information out of WG. We should stay on edge and demand answers from WG even if we dont expect them to care at all.

I remember playing a game... Company of Heroes...

It had alot of balance issues and other problems, and the developers didn't have the time or knowledge to deal with it. 

The solution? They allowed the COMMUNITY to develop an update for the game. 

It solved most of the problems. A couple of problems remained, but overall, it was a pretty successful update. 

Yes, you cannot compare that game to WoT, but it indicates that the community can improve something that has been long neglected by the developers. Even if our ideas aren't perfection, I stll believe that it's much better than what we had last season. 

View Post1ucky, on 08 August 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

^ This is so nicely put.

If the rules and the map layout suck again, there is not going to be any war. Just mindless battle spamming without purpose again...

1ucky #19 Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostTidal_Force, on 08 August 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

CW campaign is extremely taxing in terms of own free time. You can't prepare just in case, because for campaign, you have to clear 2 to 4 weeks of free evenings without any other obligations. Unless you have no family, no friends, no vacation and perhaps even no work, you can't be constantly ready for campaign.

This is true.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

P.S.

Guess that larger clans maybe have less problems with this, since there are more players that can "rotate"?

So not everyone has to play every evening, but there is still a full team ready, every day?

But this would still have to be organized, beforehand...

K, I get it, the earlier the CW info comes in, the better, obviously. :)

Tidal_Force #20 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post1ucky, on 08 August 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

This is true.

Thanks for the explanation! :)

P.S.

Guess that larger clans maybe have less problems with this, since there are more players that can "rotate"?

So not everyone has to play every evening, but there is still a full team ready, every day?

But this would still have to be organized, beforehand...

K, I get it, the earlier the CW info comes in, the better, obviously. :)

No.

Tanks are usually split into two pools, given by different rules.

One pool goes to top X best clans, and every member who played more than Y battles gets one (last time it was 15 battles, IIRC during last campaign I played more than 100 battles).

Other pool is given out based on personal score.

IIRC last campaign there were 11k tanks, 5k in clan pool and 6k in personal pool.

Topest of the top clans need players to play every day because they fight for the first place, and they take entire clan pool.

Players from weaker clans need to play every day to get enough personal score to qualify.

There are only 2 ways to avoid playing 6 days a week (or more):

A) don't play campaign

B) be in fairly rare clan so good that all interested players can rack up enough personal score in half of the campaign, but laid back enough to not go for top-clan position (obviously, you also need to be good enough yourself to actually BE in such clan)

Everyone else needs to play 6/7 days a week.

I played 3 campaigns, each time, I had to play nearly every day to qualify for tank by personal score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users