• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Cybindis #1 Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17287 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

Okay.

I just had a bad game. But don't we all?

However this game is symptomatic of a lot of games I've been having in the past few weeks.

Gold Spam. 

I can't play my E-100 because whenever I do, people just load "Skill" when I outplay them by angling.

I can't really enjoy playing anything else because although I can accept spam at a well played E-100.

Gold spam at a 50B..................................................................... That's just stupid.

And it's not just my 50B. It's every single tank; some of the time I'll be minding my own business, having the ups and downs of a day of WoT, and sure there are some strong tanks out there, perhaps even some OP ones, and if I get penetrated by a TD with 300mm of pen when his RNG gods bless him and guide his shells right at that 2mm gap where my armour isn't an autobounce zone sure I'll grumble.

But then there is crap like this. People just running around spamming nothing but gold.

They just load gold, and blat away at anything that appears in front of them with no downsides.

I hate using gold, I utterly loathe the stuff, the only time I will ever load gold in WoT is if I am face to Face with a type-4/5 heavy front on, and that's because I loathe overbuffed potato machines more than I loathe the concept of using gold rounds.

What makes it worse is that they spam when they don't even need to just because they can and it makes the game 20x easier. I don't know how many times I've outplayed people just for them to load up some gold and derp it straight through. 

"BUT IT DOESN'T GO THROUGH TRACKS AND SPACED ARMOUR!" 

Oh really? 

Yes it does.

I watched this back very closely because I thought that the BC was derping shots through my tracks. But credit where credit is due, they were all hitting the strip of my hull just above the tracks, but this Emil II shot just derped straight through the tracks, which should be spaced armour and therefore neutralising the very thing that makes HEAT penetrate.

On top of it being galling that they loaded gold for a 50B, it's galling that even when HEAT meets its supposed counter it doesn't care. 

I don't know how many times in the past week I've hit the flat side of a tank (Mostly russians if I'm being honest) with regular AP and the tracks eat it. I can almost hear the "XAXAXAXAXAAA! WORKING AS INTENDED!" then and I certainly heard it in the middle distance whilst I was watching this Emil spam HEAT through my tracks. 

Something really needs to be done about this. It's getting more and more frequent in my experience, I don't know if it's because I've gotten better at the game in the past few months and I'm being matched against people with higher stats, but the amount of pure gold spam is getting really stupid.

And it always happens to be "good" players.

Like I watch Quickybaby frequently and I acknowledge that he's a good player, but whenever I am watching and he gets himself into a stupid situation, or he gets caught out or outplayed by someone I always think "Oop, QBs going to dip into his "Skill" rounds", and without fail out comes the gold and QB gets away with it, talking about how he "Outplayed" that enemy.

It really sickens me that even with tanks with 0 armour or glaring weakspots the size of Americans people just load gold and don't even have to aim to get results.....

Something needs to be done to gold to make it less of a "I can spam this thing because I can" and turn it into something occasional for when you really need it. Something like reduced damage, you don't do as much damage with your gold rounds, but they have high penetration meaning you can spam them, but they won't have as big an effect I.E. you can fire them but the majority of the time it's more worth it to fire regular AP/APCR, and then the only time you'd load gold is when you absolutely cannot do anything with your standard rounds. 

Anyway. If you are interested here's the replay, it's nothing spectacular, just lag, gold spam, and a map where I don't really like any french heavy on and since it doesn't come up that often the only place that works for me seems to be the flank I was on. 

http://wotreplays.co...bindis-amx_50_b

Bearclaw #2 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18998 battles

I was gonna say, "maybe they where expecting to run into a type 5 or Maus, autoloaders can't change ammo that easily". but looking at the scoreboard there where none of those on your team.

Not really sure why people shoot premium ammo when there is no need. I just laugh at the stupid people wasting credits. I remember a T-54 spamming HEAT at my AMX 30 when he rushed me, I mean, I can understand the first shot because there's not always time to reload, but the next 4?

Havoc7926 #3 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View PostBearclaw, on 09 August 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I was gonna say, "maybe they where expecting to run into a type 5 or Maus, autoloaders can't change ammo that easily". but looking at the scoreboard there where none of those on your team.

Not really sure why people shoot premium ammo when there is no need. I just laugh at the stupid people wasting credits. I remember a T-54 spamming HEAT at my AMX 30 when he rushed me, I mean, I can understand the first shot because there's not always time to reload, but the next 4?

In a T-54 he may not of had anything but HEAT onboard.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles
Sorry for your pains OP but this really weird! Heat in those 2 tanks are so bad especially in the Emil and i do shoot a lot of gold ammo so i kinda of know that.

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
Want a screenshot of my tank loadouts? :^)

Dennyb #6 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles
Welcome to World of Pay To Win. Enjoy your stay.

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View PostDennyb, on 09 August 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Welcome to World of Pay To Win. Enjoy your stay.

reeeeee gold ammo ruins the game reeeee

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9988 battles

View PostCybindis, on 09 August 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Okay.

I just had a bad game. But don't we all?

However this game is symptomatic of a lot of games I've been having in the past few weeks.

Gold Spam. 

I can't play my E-100 because whenever I do, people just load "Skill" when I outplay them by angling.

I can't really enjoy playing anything else because although I can accept spam at a well played E-100.

Gold spam at a 50B..................................................................... That's just stupid.

And it's not just my 50B. It's every single tank; some of the time I'll be minding my own business, having the ups and downs of a day of WoT, and sure there are some strong tanks out there, perhaps even some OP ones, and if I get penetrated by a TD with 300mm of pen when his RNG gods bless him and guide his shells right at that 2mm gap where my armour isn't an autobounce zone sure I'll grumble.

But then there is crap like this. People just running around spamming nothing but gold.

They just load gold, and blat away at anything that appears in front of them with no downsides.

I hate using gold, I utterly loathe the stuff, the only time I will ever load gold in WoT is if I am face to Face with a type-4/5 heavy front on, and that's because I loathe overbuffed potato machines more than I loathe the concept of using gold rounds.

What makes it worse is that they spam when they don't even need to just because they can and it makes the game 20x easier. I don't know how many times I've outplayed people just for them to load up some gold and derp it straight through. 

"BUT IT DOESN'T GO THROUGH TRACKS AND SPACED ARMOUR!" 

Oh really? 

Yes it does.

I watched this back very closely because I thought that the BC was derping shots through my tracks. But credit where credit is due, they were all hitting the strip of my hull just above the tracks, but this Emil II shot just derped straight through the tracks, which should be spaced armour and therefore neutralising the very thing that makes HEAT penetrate.

On top of it being galling that they loaded gold for a 50B, it's galling that even when HEAT meets its supposed counter it doesn't care. 

I don't know how many times in the past week I've hit the flat side of a tank (Mostly russians if I'm being honest) with regular AP and the tracks eat it. I can almost hear the "XAXAXAXAXAAA! WORKING AS INTENDED!" then and I certainly heard it in the middle distance whilst I was watching this Emil spam HEAT through my tracks. 

Something really needs to be done about this. It's getting more and more frequent in my experience, I don't know if it's because I've gotten better at the game in the past few months and I'm being matched against people with higher stats, but the amount of pure gold spam is getting really stupid.

Like I watch Quickybaby frequently and I acknowledge that he's a good player, but whenever I am watching and he gets himself into a stupid situation, or he gets caught out or outplayed by someone I always think "Oop, QBs going to dip into his "Skill" rounds", and without fail out comes the gold and QB gets away with it, talking about how he "Outplayed" that enemy.

It really sickens me that even with tanks with 0 armour or glaring weakspots the size of Americans people just load gold and don't even have to aim to get results.....

Something needs to be done to gold to make it less of a "I can spam this thing because I can" and turn it into something occasional for when you really need it. Something like reduced damage, you don't do as much damage with your gold rounds, but they have high penetration meaning you can spam them, but they won't have as big an effect I.E. you can fire them but the majority of the time it's more worth it to fire regular AP/APCR, and then the only time you'd load gold is when you absolutely cannot do anything with your standard rounds. 

Anyway. If you are interested here's the replay, it's nothing spectacular, just lag, gold spam, and a map where I don't really like any french heavy on and since it doesn't come up that often the only place that works for me seems to be the flank I was on. 

http://wotreplays.co...bindis-amx_50_b

Logged in to the testserver by accident?

Balc0ra #9 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62814 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Considering you drove a clip tank... and clip tanks used gold on you. I suspect you would think it was a better option to press 1 again, and waste 40 seconds to reload again, while you push on them. Because the E100 they expected to be there... was gone.

I suspect you do the same thing in your 50b? Load gold for a high armored target.. Then you meet something different with paper armor, and you reload instantly right? And allow them to shoot on you? Even if you have 3 rounds left, as the first round was for the Maus next to him that died?

Guess my point is... poor example to show.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 August 2017 - 06:27 PM.

hedi2222 #10 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28199 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostBearclaw, on 09 August 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

because it feels good :)

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 18436 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExclamationMark, on 09 August 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Want a screenshot of my tank loadouts? :^)

No need.

It's common sense that Dingers always have their tanks filled with skill to the brim.

Cybindis #12 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17287 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 August 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Considering you drove a clip tank... and clip tanks used gold on you. I suspect you would think it was a better option to press 1 again, and waste 40 seconds to reload again, while you push on them. Because the E100 they expected to be there... was gone.

I suspect you do the same thing in your 50b? Load gold for a high armored target.. Then you meet something different with paper armor, and you reload instantly right? And allow them to shoot on you? Even if you have 3 rounds left, as the first round was for the Maus next to him that died?

Guess my point is... poor example to show.

I do not run gold on 50B at all.

The only tanks I remember running gold on, were the CDC and then again it was only about 5 rounds for desperate situations, and most of the time I just forget to use it because I hardly ever use it even in tier X games.

I'm checking right now.

43 tanks in garage

Tanks with gold loaded

CDC : 12 rounds (52 AP 10 HE) 

LTP : 60 rounds 

T-69 : 4 rounds (32 AP 4 HE) 

T28 HTC : 10 rounds (40 AP 10 HE) 

Amx 30 : 14 rounds (28 AP 4 HE) 

FV 215 B : 3 rounds (30 AP 2 HE) 

The only outlier there is the LTP, and I only have 30 battles in it, so it's not like I'm going "hurdurr gold" and then going down to tier III on the regular for some tasty seal anus. 

The CDC and AMX 30 is the one with the greatest disparity between it and the HE. I put HE numbers to show how I think of it as a reserve round. I don't know why there is such a gap, but to be perfectly honest I dab the 2 key so rarely that none of it ever needs replacing so it just stays as it is, and because I've yet to get a good enough game where I can fire off all 52 CDC AP rounds or all 28 AP rounds in the AMX 30 to be dipping into the APCR/HEAT on the regular.

Also I try to avoid frontal Type-5 confrontations head on, and the rest of "CDC in tier X" action just means I have to, you know, aim, instead of dabbing 2 and roflstomping for no reason. 

Press2ForSkill #13 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
DONT NERF GOLD AMMO.. or my name is useless

Warzey #14 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56260 battles
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE

View PostCybindis, on 09 August 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

This part is a big load of [edited], and I really hope that you wrote this while being angry and that you don't actually believe it.

Now on topic,

I would like to say that the amount of gold ammo is the same as usual, but it really does not feel like it. Quite often I see people who just load full premium even if there was no need for it. I'm not really bothered by it, but I noticed a lot of players like that recently. 

Now, I would understand if you were pissed about premium spam while driving your E100, Maus or Type 5, it is really [edited]that premium ammo is needed to deal with these tanks frontally. On the other hand if you're not driving a super heavy tank the type of ammo fired at you makes almost no difference. Lets take your example, you were driving AMX 50b, a paper tank, why are you so pissed that people are shooting heat at you, they would've penetrated anyway. Does it really bother you that shell color is yellow rather than gray?

Same thing applies for medium tanks, fast heavy tanks like 113, WZ, IS-7, T110E5, autoloading heavies like AMX 50b and T57, fast TDs and so on. Take T110E5 for example, another T10 tank needs to hit your commander cupola or lower plate to penetrate you, and if he manages to hit those areas you will get damaged regardless of ammo type, similarly if he fails to hit those areas he won't damage you regardless of the shell. Take IS-7 as another example, if you're facing your opponent head on and both of you are at the level ground, your turret will bounce everything, your upper plate will bounce everything and lower plate will be penetrated by both standard and premium shells. 

What I'm getting at is, when you're not driving a super heavy tank or TD and people start shitting on you with premium shells the problem is that you got caught in a bad position, problem is not that they're using premium shells.

sgtYester #15 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52241 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

this is excactly what wg has been praying for for so long. ppl just spam gold for no reason

and its just utterly retarded to have this ammo which magically makes u pen anything u want.  and is indeed a p2w feature and has nothing to do with their so called  play for free concept

prem ammo needs one fix and that is to have it only do half damage.   

wont happen ofc, all the wn8 statswhore cant do without it

Dr_ownape #16 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40631 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I get bored with these players that cry gold. I use it when i need to (although the Skorpion i killed with a clip of HEAT in my Skoda T50 yesterday probably thought it was overkill - was hoping to clip out a type 4) and everyone should - it's a free part of the game that's there to exploit. If you don't use it you are a fool that doesn't want to win enough.

No premium account, no gold and trying to 3 mark the Skoda and still break even at the end of the day with a couple of tier 7s.

Sorry but if you think gold is P2W you are misguided

Edited by Drownape, 09 August 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #17 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostsgtYester, on 09 August 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

this is excactly what wg has been praying for for so long. ppl just spam gold for no reason

and its just utterly retarded to have this ammo which magically makes u pen anything u want.  and is indeed a p2w feature and has nothing to do with their so called  play for free concept

prem ammo needs one fix and that is to have it only do half damage.  

wont happen ofc, all the wn8 statswhore cant do without it

Dear sgtYester

Being part of the Dinger Empire requires a more skilz/gold load out, cuz the Boss says so;)

Its not that we are filthy rich, but why use two rounds when one will do the trick.

The other evening some young eerrrrr Gentleman called me all manner of names, and what he wished to do to my mother/sister.

Water off a ducks back, but in all my Teapot Tomato career, I have never been called a statswhore.

Thank you, I will wear this with pride.:honoring:

Regards

Tommy

jimbobjammybob #18 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 618 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

you do not use premium shells on 50b

Dr_ownape #19 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40631 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postjimbobjammybob, on 09 August 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

indeed - my load out reads 24, 28, 4 :trollface:

hang on - i think you mean AT it...not ON it

Edited by Drownape, 09 August 2017 - 07:41 PM.

Cybindis #20 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17287 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

View PostWarzey, on 09 August 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

This part is a big load of [edited], and I really hope that you wrote this while being angry and that you don't actually believe it.

Now on topic,

I would like to say that the amount of gold ammo is the same as usual, but it really does not feel like it. Quite often I see people who just load full premium even if there was no need for it. I'm not really bothered by it, but I noticed a lot of players like that recently. 

Now, I would understand if you were pissed about premium spam while driving your E100, Maus or Type 5, it is really [edited]that premium ammo is needed to deal with these tanks frontally. On the other hand if you're not driving a super heavy tank the type of ammo fired at you makes almost no difference. Lets take your example, you were driving AMX 50b, a paper tank, why are you so pissed that people are shooting heat at you, they would've penetrated anyway. Does it really bother you that shell color is yellow rather than gray?

Same thing applies for medium tanks, fast heavy tanks like 113, WZ, IS-7, T110E5, autoloading heavies like AMX 50b and T57, fast TDs and so on. Take T110E5 for example, another T10 tank needs to hit your commander cupola or lower plate to penetrate you, and if he manages to hit those areas you will get damaged regardless of ammo type, similarly if he fails to hit those areas he won't damage you regardless of the shell. Take IS-7 as another example, if you're facing your opponent head on and both of you are at the level ground, your turret will bounce everything, your upper plate will bounce everything and lower plate will be penetrated by both standard and premium shells. 

What I'm getting at is, when you're not driving a super heavy tank or TD and people start shitting on you with premium shells the problem is that you got caught in a bad position, problem is not that they're using premium shells.

Deadly serious.

Seen it so many times "Good" players getting caught with their trousers down or vs a well played and well angled tank will load gold just to be "Sure"

And it pisses me for 2 reasons.

1. There is absolutely no need, it's annoying that instead of using it intelligently in truly desperate situations they just herpaderp forward and spam gold because there is no downside. So instead of going "Huh I got outplayed, that guy read me like a book and aimed well and kept his head in a frantic situation, props!" it's "Oh you just derped gold into me and it did the work for you? Such skill...." 

2. (This is related to the 50B's armour and the first point also) If I play it well (for instance aiming my gun up so my turret armour becomes trollish, or if they aim at my upper plate (Which is the best armour on the 50b and has saved my skin a number of times) I might be able to get some troll bounces by using my armour effectively even if there isn't much of it. Gold ammo completely negates this, because in this game I admit I was side on to the BC, it was a bad play, but if he wasn't loading gold I could've maybe angled my tank and hopefully got some bounces from my front plate and angled sides, I mean he could've panicked and been dumb enough to derp some shots into places where he shouldn't.

The gold just removed all need for thought from this guy, even if my best armour was wiggled at him at the right moment and he was too caught up in the moment to adjust his aim, I could've got a bounce. But since he did herpderp with gold it didn't matter where he shot, it went through, It turned from something that could've been a brawl involving skill, but instead it was him just clicking as fast as he could because his shells were going to go through no matter where they hit and at what angle. 

View PostDrownape, on 09 August 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

I get bored with these players that cry gold. I use it when i need to (although the Skorpion i killed with a clip of HEAT in my Skoda T50 yesterday probably thought it was overkill - was hoping to clip out a type 4) and everyone should - it's a free part of the game that's there to exploit. If you don't use it you are a fool that doesn't want to win enough.

No premium account, no gold and trying to 3 mark the Skoda and still break even at the end of the day with a couple of tier 7s.

Sorry but if you think gold is P2W you are misguided

I don't think gold is P2W something like the Defender or Chrysler K is P2W (Although Type-5 heavy gold could be P2W I guess). 

I think that reliance on gold is killing any actual skill in this game.

Just like I think that Type-4/5 and Maus buffs were going way too far and turned them from "I have to think about how best to use my armour" into "Hurdurr front towards enemy, load gold rounds, click as fast as I can!" in other words, Potato machines.

If you'd look a bit more carefully, there is a reply in here I made detailing which tanks I had gold on, and explained why I had gold on them. I recognise that gold can come in handy in some situations, and I load some accordingly for the dire circumstances when it would be best to use it.

In my 50B like any decent french auto-loader player, I aim to be on the flanks, or in positions where I can snipe at the rear/vulnerable parts of enemy tanks. I never want to go up and brawl with a Maus or a Typ-5 if I can avoid it. I will admit I will get close to the main heavy brawl line on some occasions where I will be relying on other people tanking to quickly nip in and deliver a shot to an exposed lower plate here and there, but most of the time I am in positions where I never need gold because I put myself there. The 50B has brilliant penetration and most of the things I shoot at, and where i aim to hit them do not need gold to penetrate.

If I do run across a dug in JP E-100 or something I either turn around and say "F that noise" and go and support my team, or I will stay and hold his attention if I notice my team can flank around and we can gang up on him and perform some delicious surprise sex of the buttocks

View Postjimbobjammybob, on 09 August 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

I don't need it man. Like I said above, I aim to put myself in position for juicy flank shots, I don't need it because I know where to aim to penetrate things, or I will be rushing a tank with a few friends to overwhelm and put 4 400 alpha shots into his engine. 

Again, like i said the only way I'd consider loading gold in my 50B is if I was planning on face-to-face brawling a Maus or a Type-5. 

If you are a 50B and think this is what you should be doing then it's no wonder you rely on gold, because you have no idea what you're supposed to be doing. 

Also tagged with 50B, Hur, durr, id, better, load, skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users