• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

mcnoodlez #1 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17246 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

First the challenge is a joke right!

I play mostly tier 4  to tier 7 because i think these tiers are the most fun to play so i only play higher tier rarely, Myself being a + average player i own only a few tier 7 and 1 tier 8 tankI

I clearly understand that you need to do some effort to get the jap tiger

And i dont have a problem with the first 3 stages of the challenge

Its the 4 stage the so called "best of the best" that is ridiculas and even unfair to lower tier players.

No problem you have to be best player, only that tier 7 and up can compete is a unfair rule as we get matched against tier 8 ,9 and 10.

My tier 7 scout amx 13 75 will make some nice dends in the tier 9 armor but thats about it , even if you would drive around and scout every tank 10 times you will not get topped ranked.

same for the tier 8 against a tier 10 will give me about 0.9% change to become the top player (yes i did the math).

so why the tier 7 compete cap ?

Or is WOT losing its fairplay all together with  all the tank nerfing and favoritism for high tier players

roachex #2 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
MTs & dmg dealing LTs have significant bigger chance to earn more exp then other classes. Tracking 2 tier higher tanks gives a lot exp.

Though you can earn a lot top exp in tanks as T-29 as well.

For TDs you need phenomenal games, or spot yourself targets.

For SPGs being top tier gives way higher chances (as middle tiers have way more tanks in HE pen zone, with in general worse crews).

Actually this is a fairly competitive task.

Rattogigi #3 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 50879 battles

View Postroachex, on 09 August 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

MTs & dmg dealing LTs have significant bigger chance to earn more exp then other classes. Tracking 2 tier higher tanks gives a lot exp.

Though you can earn a lot top exp in tanks as T-29 as well.

For SPGs being top tier gives way higher chances (as middle tiers have way more tanks in HE pen zone, with in general worse crews).

Actually this is a fairly competitive task.

That's all true, play tier 7 put +100% battle exp and you can finish mission in some days.

Of course you have to know how play. 

Edited by Rattogigi, 09 August 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Did 50K top 3 in Panzer V/IV in one afternoon.

Did 50K top 1 in E-25 in 3 x 2hrs evenings while platooned.

Not really a challenge, and in a 13 75 you have a HIGHER chance of being Top 1, but you have to play with your brain and spot the first half of the match. You don't only get XP for doing damage you know....

Cobra 6

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
I solved the problem with 10 Euros during the discount over the weekend.

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35923 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postroachex, on 09 August 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I did it mainly playing the STRV S1 for credits - not known for spotting their own targets, more known for camping at the back like pussies :)  I wouldn't call myself a phenomenal player so can be done with all the losing teams I seem to be getting at the moment.

Kartoshkaya #7 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23414 battles

I did all the marathon on the T29. It was easy as [edited], actually, doing it in a tier 10 tank is pretty much the worst idea because you'll meet a lot of very good players.

tldr : You're just bad.

Homer_J #8 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmcnoodlez, on 09 August 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

Its the 4 stage the so called "best of the best" that is ridiculous and even unfair to lower tier players.

It's called the "best of the best", not "anyone can do this".

Cassie_b #9 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3273 battles

While I do agree that having to play at least tier 7s to win a tier 6, is a bit....meh!..... As has already been pointed out, the challenge is advertised as 'Best-of-the-best', so I would expect it to be difficult for players who are inexperienced at tier7 and up.

Personally?

Doesn't bother me much - as I don't play at those tiers yet, and have no need for a Jap heavy crew trainer any time soon

I've already had the 131 bought for me* anyway, so I'm not too worried about an almost identical tank.

I don't play every day, or anywhere near, but have still almost completed the 3rd part without even trying for it, just as a consequence of playing daily doubles.

Over the course of a whole month.... Shouldn't be too difficult for anyone who has at least one decent tier7, and is prepared to put in the playing time.

*My dad plays WoT too, and if I'm hanging around when he's flashing the plastic, I can usually persuade him to get me some prem time, or occasionally a tank or some gold as a 'treat' - though the day he secretly bought me a TOG II as a joke.....well after playing it, I didn't think the joke was all that funny.... (I still occasionally roll it out just for lulz though)  :izmena:

Ex6oT #10 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9139 battles
Jeez. I'm a nolifer I got that tank in 4 days.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64454 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

My tier 7 scout amx 13 75 will make some nice dends in the tier 9 armor but thats about it , even if you would drive around and scout every tank 10 times you will not get topped ranked.

same for the tier 8 against a tier 10 will give me about 0.9% change to become the top player (yes i did the math).

I suspect you did not complain about getting the T-34-85M for doing nothing 13 days in a row? Just be happy they did something once even idle bots had a chance to get once.

Then again, keyword here is scout. 13 75 is not a brawler. It's a scout and a bully flanker late game. No one says the only way to scout is to drive around in the open waiving your arms either. I've been top on XP in my T71 several times during this event... not moving much, and not firing a single shot at times even. Passive scouting is an equally valid tactic on most maps. Unlike the T-34-85M missions, you have to actually play the game, and be a bit smart at the same time to get the reward.

And considering how broken tier 6 is atm, that is 50% T-34-85M still. It's not a bad thing that the next one is harder.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 August 2017 - 10:40 PM.

HundeWurst #12 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67756 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Did you know. Experience wise it is much easier to be to be on top of the list in a bottom or mid tier tank.

So whatever you are complaing about... GIT GUT.

That challenge has nothing to do with tiers. It has something to do with time invested into the game. Well skill will greatly reduce the invested time but thats about it.

So maybe start carrying your team and get good results.

E1: 48 percent winrate. Well that explains this topic.

Edited by WunderWurst, 09 August 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Homer_J #13 Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCassie_b, on 09 August 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

While I do agree that having to play at least tier 7s to win a tier 6, is a bit....meh!..... 

But then most people need a tier X to complete the personal missions for the StuG, so a tier VII requirement for this isn't too much to ask.

What it does is stop reroll accounts getting a free premium.

Edited by Homer_J, 09 August 2017 - 10:59 PM.

DrSpider #14 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33309 battles

The mission is the WORST idea WG ever had as long as i played. Not because of the difficulty , but because of it totally destroy the game. It's competitive alright, but in ALL THE WRONG WAYS. You don't compete with the other team, only with your teammates.

NOONE wants to be a team player, everybody is competing for the top positions, meaning you won't get any help. scouts rather sit in the back afraid of dying too soon , and the actual team play ...which was what i fond a bit interesting about this game ... is more than ever shot to pieces

RETHINK WG , because you are killing the teamplay. if you wanna do this an individual game please do , but dont advertise as a team game , when you dont credit the teamplayers, those that actually can sacrifice something for a win. These days , I get pissed more often than NOT , in Random battles

Try making the next mission something like a row of wins give more and more prizes the longer the streak holds or or something similar

HaZardeur #15 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
Did it mainly in my Panther M10, tier VII seem to be the least broken MM wise these days.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64454 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDrSpider, on 09 August 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

The mission is the WORST idea WG ever had as long as i played. Not because of the difficulty , but because of it totally destroy the game. It's competitive alright, but in ALL THE WRONG WAYS. You don't compete with the other team, only with your teammates.

Actually... no. That's been around since the dawn of this game. And was made worse when PM came. Can't say I've noticed much change since this new marathon. The T-34-85M one was even worse. And the dumbest thing they have done in ages. And the effect it has on tier 6 MM is rather noticeable due to the high influx of tier 6 players atm. Since 50% of them are T-34-85M's.

View PostDrSpider, on 09 August 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

Try making the next mission something like a row of wins give more and more prizes the longer the streak holds or or something similar

Oh yeah I can see that working better. Then half the player base will get chat banned, since the rise of hate PM's will go up. As there is always the one guy on your team you can blame when you are one win away from the "grand prize" and he don't "help" you.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 August 2017 - 11:56 PM.

1ucky #17 Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68323 battles

First the challenge is a joke right!

I play mostly tier 4  to tier 7 because i think these tiers are the most fun to play so i only play higher tier rarely, Myself being a + average player i own only a few tier 7 and 1 tier 8 tankI

I clearly understand that you need to do some effort to get the jap tiger

And i dont have a problem with the first 3 stages of the challenge

Its the 4 stage the so called "best of the best" that is ridiculas and even unfair to lower tier players.

No problem you have to be best player, only that tier 7 and up can compete is a unfair rule as we get matched against tier 8 ,9 and 10.

so why the tier 7 compete cap ?

Or is WOT losing its fairplay all together with  all the tank nerfing and favoritism for high tier players

Maybe one day there will be a mission to complain about something on the forums, and people like you will be able to make it easy.

But for now the missions are to do something on the battlefield, not to complain here.

If you try and concentrate on doing the mission, instead of doing something completely different, you thereby raise your chances of success.

Perhaps give it a go, good luck with that! ;)

Slind #18 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50331 battles
It's marathon that you can complete if you have certain amount of skill. If it's too difficult, it means you don't have that skill. I haven't played Amx 13 75 since it was tier 6 but I'm doing this challenge with another tier 7 light, Type 62. No problem so far, I've got 39k by casual 2-3h playing every day. And I've been playing really bad lately, I make stupid mistakes and die too soon. I'm afraid you got accustomed with the T-34-85M challenge, which was no challenge at all, and now that you actually have to do something for your tank, you are struggling.

DrSpider #19 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33309 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 August 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Actually... no. That's been around since the dawn of this game. And was made worse when PM came. Can't say I've noticed much change since this new marathon. The T-34-85M one was even worse. And the dumbest thing they have done in ages. And the effect it has on tier 6 MM is rather noticeable due to the high influx of tier 6 players atm. Since 50% of them are T-34-85M's.

Oh yeah I can see that working better. Then half the player base will get chat banned, since the rise of hate PM's will go up. As there is always the one guy on your team you can blame when you are one win away from the "grand prize" and he don't "help" you.

well i definately noticed a difference, every such experience based mission ("be among the top 3 in your team, never mind winning " ) gets the same effect. This has been by far the worst when i play.

.......but instead of just saying NO , what is your suggestion , since you seem to agree with me on the fact that this is less and less a team game, at least in random battles

Edited by DrSpider, 10 August 2017 - 12:41 AM.

DrSpider #20 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33309 battles

View PostSlind, on 10 August 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

It's marathon that you can complete if you have certain amount of skill. If it's too difficult, it means you don't have that skill. I haven't played Amx 13 75 since it was tier 6 but I'm doing this challenge with another tier 7 light, Type 62. No problem so far, I've got 39k by casual 2-3h playing every day. And I've been playing really bad lately, I make stupid mistakes and die too soon. I'm afraid you got accustomed with the T-34-85M challenge, which was no challenge at all, and now that you actually have to do something for your tank, you are struggling.

The skill here is to know what gives you much experience, and to be able to totally disregard the best strategy for your team to win IF it interferes with your chase of XP

Edited by DrSpider, 10 August 2017 - 12:49 AM.

Also tagged with gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users