Team Damage working as intended?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Noivilbo #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13212 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

I got shot twice by a T49 who was in our team. Took a total of 1411 damage over two shots and he didn't turn blue. What's the deal? He killed my driver and ammunition the first time that I repaired using large repair kit and large first aid kit. Second shot took out ammunition again and another crew member..

So, first of all why didn't he turn blue?

Secondly, why do I have to pay for reviving crew members and repairing modules for the intentional actions of someone else?

TeamDamage.jpg

imendars #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10958 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoivilbo, on 10 August 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

I got shot twice by a T49 who was in our team. Took a total of 1411 damage over two shots and he didn't turn blue. What's the deal? He killed my driver and ammunition the first time that I repaired using large repair kit and large first aid kit. Second shot took out ammunition again and another crew member..

So, first of all why didn't he turn blue?

Secondly, why do I have to pay for reviving crew members and repairing modules for the intentional actions of someone else?

TeamDamage.jpg

I take it he was just doing his daily team damage and you got lucky.

Formula is bit complicated and it changes cause you can accidentally tap scout just before it drowns and that might count as a kill...

But those of us who generally dont do team-damage and rarly pays back for team-damage sometimes can have fun for 2 shots without consequences.

:trollface:

Edited by imendars, 10 August 2017 - 10:14 AM.

truoste #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36836 battles

Assuming that one is not constantly doing team damage then that special one can do 2 shots (amount of damage is irrelevant) without turning blue. Third one will turn you blue. Well, most of the time anyways.

WG has never explained how it really works but there are some random variables. HE splash does not seem to count the same way (I have received 4 he shells from the same ally and he did not turn blue but this was a long time ago, so it could be different now). Killing shots could also behave differently i.e. have more harsh rules that the "2 free shot rule" but I am not certain. Shooting an ally that is capping is insta blue.

Most baffling experience was when allied light shot me 2 times,Edited... and no, i do not do that very often and I very rarely do team damage (accidental or on purpose). Biggest issue with the system seems to be allied arty stun that seems to go unpunished. Allied arty can freely stun you and get you killed. At least it seems to be the case. It could be that damage is logged but who knows and that makes no difference anyways as then the same arty can stun another ally in the same game and ruin his game all the same. 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 10 August 2017 - 10:52 AM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postimendars, on 10 August 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

Formula is bit complicated and it changes cause you can accidentally tap scout just before it drowns and that might count as a kill...

That and the fact that the system doesn't actually count the damage but only the number of hits means that the formula is a bit too simple...

Anyway, @ topic: He didn't turn blue because he only shot you twice.

But why did he even shoot you?

Balc0ra #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It's not how much damage you do. It's how often you do it. And the friendly to enemy damage threshold you have. If it was based on damage. Then many a KV-2 and 183 drivers would turn blue instantly when going for medium to long range targets, and the inevitable light that comes driving between you and their shot at some point. 

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15517 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 August 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

It's not how much damage you do. It's how often you do it. And the friendly to enemy damage threshold you have. If it was based on damage. Then many a KV-2 and 183 drivers would turn blue instantly when going for medium to long range targets, and the inevitable light that comes driving between you and their shot at some point. 

Some blessed soul in a 183 unloaded 8000 credits on my T49's rear at the start of a match. My only crime was struggling to get ahead of enemy heavies blocking the way up and I would be the one paying for ramming damage I did to myself. But, well...

GalmTwo #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7332 battles
  • [F-A-D] F-A-D
I think it's three ally shots and then you turn blue. Consequent shots result in a ban.

Edited by GalmTwo, 10 August 2017 - 05:34 PM.

Slyspy #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 10 August 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

That and the fact that the system doesn't actually count the damage but only the number of hits means that the formula is a bit too simple...

Anyway, @ topic: He didn't turn blue because he only shot you twice.

But why did he even shoot you?

In fact the system, as described by WG, does track damage as well as the number of hits. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users