B-C 155 58 stun problem - rework needed?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Tr0gledyte #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ever since they introduced the stun mechanic, this arty has seriously been ruining battles for me at tier X, especially when it's a 3/5/7 matchup as he will focus the top tiers. I get blasted for 300 damage and stunned for 15 seconds. What can I do? I can use my medkit but he will just stun me again a few seconds later. I can get behind cover but as soon as I leave said cover he will immediately stun me again. Unless I stay hidden for like 60 seconds but that will hurt my team (arty counters camping amirite?).

Mind you, it's not the damage that is the problem, but the fact that this artillery can just keep me stunned until his clip runs out, effectively making my tank useless while damaging me at the same time. In my opinion artillery should not have an autoloader, not with stun! This arty is not necessarily OP, but horribly broken with stun. I think it should be reworked somehow, either greatly reducing its stun capacity or removing the autoloader. I mean, it already has a turret ffs..  why does it also need an autoloader?

HundeWurst #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well... damage is also a problem.

I like how Wargaming lied to us and told us that SPGs are not supposed to deal a lot of damage any more but are supposed to support the team by stunning enemies.

Yet I see SPGs often on top ot the list when it comes to damage dealt. Strange I think.

Hell even I manage to get reliable into the top 3 damage wise when I play my arty and the maps are semi kind to me.

Well about the BC arty. I guess you should improve your medkit management a bit. If you know that you get shot by that abomination dont use your medkit after you took the first or even second shot depending on the situation you are in.

PS: Finally people notice how terrible it is to get focused by arty over and over again. Seems like WoT is quit a different game when you get focused by arty, isnt it?

Derethim #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

Arties are still a tiny bit OP, but I must say they patched them nicely.

The problem with the top-tier BC is the damage it deals to slow tanks, because it's so accurate.

Edited by Derethim, 10 August 2017 - 11:18 AM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Then don't waste your med kit unless you 100% need to use your gun, or needs the speed to get into cover again if you know he is gunning for you with the next shot to. Because stun mechanics don't stack, they overlap. So if you get stunned by him for 25 seconds, and you get hit again.... and he rolls a low stun roll on the time. It might not work, as in you won't get more time added if the stun timer he rolls is lower then the time you already have. And if it's higher, he only adds the seconds he rolls higher, then the time you have left. So if you are at 11 seconds and he rolls 15. It only adds 4 seconds. He won't add the time he rolls for over your current stun. Then after the 3th shot.... you know you got 50 seconds to get away.. or into cover.

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Personally I've not found the BC a massive problem and also not noticed arty getting top damage a lot. Still think arty is in the best place it has ever been in this game, so I'd be reluctant for WG to change it and risk ballsing it up.

Tr0gledyte #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't waste my medkit. Great advice. So I should just go afk behind a rock for a minute? He has 3 shells and each of them will stun me for 15 seconds or more, and if he takes out crewmembers I'm screwed.

It's kinda broken when 1 arty player can take another tank out of the game for that amount of time. When I'm driving a top tier med or heavy being out of action for 60 seconds can easily lose the game for my team.

I just don't see why it needs a turret and an autoloader. That's just ridiculous. Other arties are less accurate, have a narrow gun arc and a long reload. I have no issues with them.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 10 August 2017 - 11:23 AM.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 18361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

How effective is a spall liner?

Tr0gledyte #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEnforcer1975, on 10 August 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

How effective is a spall liner?

-10% stun duration. Laughable.

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 August 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

PS: Finally people notice how terrible it is to get focused by arty over and over again. Seems like WoT is quit a different game when you get focused by arty, isnt it?

It is. I don't get focused for my stats, but I do get focused for being top tier and in the case of this autoloading turreted POS it completely ruins the match for me and can lose the game for my team.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 10 August 2017 - 11:25 AM.

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostTr0gledyte, on 10 August 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

-10% stun duration. Laughable.

And reduced chance of crew being knocked out and (I think) still reduced splash damage. Not the best equipment out there, but better than it used to be. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 10 August 2017 - 11:24 AM.

Tr0gledyte #10 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 10 August 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

And reduced chance of crew being knocked out and (I think) still reduced splash damage. Not the best equipment out there, but better than it used to be. 

You can't afford to mount it on a medium tank though. The only tank I'd mount a spall liner on would be the Maus and possibly Godzilla.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Problem is that in their infinite wisdom (*cough cough*) Wargaming decided to not only implement stun mechanics, but also increase the splash radius, reload *AND* accuracy of arty.

Stun is a cool mechanic but it needs to not affect both mobility *AND* gun handling at the same time.

Cobra6

DeathByDribbling #12 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27336 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 10 August 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Ever since they introduced the stun mechanic, this arty has seriously been ruining battles for me at tier X, especially when it's a 3/5/7 matchup as he will focus the top tiers. I get blasted for 300 damage and stunned for 15 seconds. What can I do? I can use my medkit but he will just stun me again a few seconds later. I can get behind cover but as soon as I leave said cover he will immediately stun me again. Unless I stay hidden for like 60 seconds but that will hurt my team (arty counters camping amirite?).

Mind you, it's not the damage that is the problem, but the fact that this artillery can just keep me stunned until his clip runs out, effectively making my tank useless while damaging me at the same time. In my opinion artillery should not have an autoloader, not with stun! This arty is not necessarily OP, but horribly broken with stun. I think it should be reworked somehow, either greatly reducing its stun capacity or removing the autoloader. I mean, it already has a turret ffs..  why does it also need an autoloader?

1. Don't get hit - it's not that hard really.  BC has a low angle of attack, it's not to hard to hide from.  Do you sit in the open and just ignore other tier 10 tanks shooting at you?

2. No way it does 300 damage unless you are in a no armour tank.  It does 150 damage to your average heavy at most - so in it's almost minute's reload+fire time it can do 450 damage, oh so scary...

3. If you are stunned just move into cover and wait for it to wear off, or just ignore it.  A stun is hardly the end of the world.  As your health kit comes up every 90 seconds you can even heal it if you like.

Really you complain about a BC arty, but I bet almost any other tier 10 tank is more dangerous now.  That arty is basically useless.

Edited by DeathByDribbling, 10 August 2017 - 11:34 AM.

overcorpse #13 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20829 battles

View PostDeathByDribbling, on 10 August 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

1. Don't get hit - it's not that hard really.  BC has a low angle of attack, it's not to hard to hide from.  Do you sit in the open and just ignore other tier 10 tanks shooting at you?

Really you complain about a BC arty, but I bet almost any other tier 10 tank is more dangerous now.  That arty is basically useless.

There is always one that always comes up with a winning solution."Don't get hit",It's a wonder how most of the playerbase never thought of that before.Christ.

Tr0gledyte #14 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

2. No way it does 300 damage unless you are in a no armour tank.  It does 150 damage to your average heavy at most - so in it's almost minute's reload+fire time it can do 450 damage, oh so scary...

3. If you are stunned just move into cover and wait for it to wear off, or just ignore it.  A stun is hardly the end of the world.  As your health kit comes up every 90 seconds you can even heal it if you like.

Don't get hit?! In my GW Panther I will easily hit light tanks on the move, arty is laser accurate now. Or are you suggesting I stay behind cover all game and be useless?

I just played a game where it blasted my Obj 140 three times in a row for 250-350 damage each. Paper tanks will take even more damage.

You can't ignore stun in a medium tank, you have to wait for it to wear off before you can do anything. The same applies to weakly armored heavies. Medkit isn't an option because this arty has 3 shells and he will definitely stun me again within the next 90 seconds. If he takes out a crewmember after I just used my medkit I'm screwed for an even longer time.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 10 August 2017 - 12:03 PM.

SABAOTH #15 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

1. Don't get hit - it's not that hard really.

:teethhappy::teethhappy:

lol! I really cannot recall many games where I miss a target in my arty.
It's mostly direct hit even on meds or lights on the move.

laulaur #16 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostTr0gledyte, on 10 August 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Don't get hit?! In my GW Panther I will easily hit light tanks on the move, arty is laser accurate now. Or are you suggesting I stay behind cover all game and be useless?

I just played a game where it blasted my Obj 140 three times in a row for 250-350 damage each. Paper tanks will take even more damage.

You can't ignore stun in a medium tank, you have to wait for it to wear off before you can do anything. The same applies to weakly armored heavies. Medkit isn't an option because this arty has 3 shells and he will definitely stun me again within the next 90 seconds. If he takes out a crewmember after I just used my medkit I'm screwed for an even longer time.

Yep, arty has become from a tool against heavy armored tanks - a tool against low armored tanks, their speed and mobility does not help them at all to not get hit.

Yesterday i played a game in mt tier 9 BC arty and i totally decimated a T10 russian light (and believe me that guy moved a lot) , i hit him/splash him 4 consecutive times.

P.S.: i am at 15-4 mission on arty and that mission looks too hard for me (3500 assist and first at XP). Yeah, it is doable but i don't want to play 1000 games in arty to do it...

P.P.S.: i hate arty now more than before and i would be very glad to see this broken class removed from game.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19626 battles

The arty problem is even more visible in ranked games. I would say if WG banned arty from ranked games, they would become much more enjoyable.

Ranked games on higher ranks are pretty slow, because people don't yolo and play more careful. In these games arty can rack up massive damage because they have time.... but what skill is there in base camping in a tier 10 arty, and just clicking enemies that dare to peak from cover? None.

I would also guess the same problem will occur in 30vs30 games. The clickers will just sit in base and farm damage, because the games are longer.

Spurtung #18 Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60081 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postlaulaur, on 10 August 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

P.S.: i am at 15-4 mission on arty and that mission looks too hard for me (3500 assist and first at XP). Yeah, it is doable but i don't want to play 1000 games in arty to do it...

P.P.S.: i hate arty now more than before and i would be very glad to see this broken class removed from game.

Let me guess, but only after you complete 15-4.

tajj7 #19 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Bat Chat arty is the least effective tier 10 arty IMO, barely even notice when it hits you most of the time, it does less damage than a KV-2, with pen almost at FV304 levels. 

hedi2222 #20 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28177 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 August 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

its only unoticable when you play  with unicums. So much Fun :bajan:

View PostTr0gledyte, on 10 August 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

this arty is not very effective at doing damage but the stun effect with that splash raduis can be so annoying to keep you stunned for 60 secs at times , that's why you should handle your rep kit/med kit better upon getting hit by it. Just time it right to get out of harm's way ( or hope he doesn't have a full clip )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users