Researched and purchased modules keeps resetting

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

freddiebox #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

Been noticing lately that on some specific tanks I got in my garage certain modules like guns keeps resetting everytime I log off. What I mean by resetting is I have to re-purchase said modules with credits for each login. The tank it keeps happening on no matter what I do is the Panzer IV Ausf. D. This is also having a bad effect on the tank's elite status when it removes random modules. And having to spend almost 20 thousand credits to get my module back is getting out of hand. I'm not using any mods that could be the cause of this. Heck, mods are clientside, how could a mod be messing with credits and modules? The only mod I got installed is the tank carousel mod from the Auxilium modpack.

Anyone else having this issue? Any solution or natural causes?

Edited by freddiebox, 10 August 2017 - 01:16 PM.

hedi2222 #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28199 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
i have never heard about anything like this , so my best bet is for you to send a ticket to support and hope for the best.

freddiebox #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

View Posthedi2222, on 10 August 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

i have never heard about anything like this , so my best bet is for you to send a ticket to support and hope for the best.

Sent a ticket as we speak, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't caused by my own stupidity.

SABAOTH #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postfreddiebox, on 10 August 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Been noticing lately that on some specific tanks I got in my garage certain modules like guns keeps resetting everytime I log off. What I mean by resetting is I have to re-purchase said modules with credits for each login. The tank it keeps happening on no matter what I do is the Panzer IV Ausf. D. This is also having a bad effect on the tank's elite status when it removes random modules. And having to spend almost 20 thousand credits to get my module back is getting out of hand. I'm not using any mods that could be the cause of this. Heck, mods are clientside, how could a mod be messing with credits and modules? The only mod I got installed is the tank carousel mod from the Auxilium modpack.

Anyone else having this issue? Any solution or natural causes?

No, but it looks an expensive bug.

CHeck if you are actually losing the credits or if they are back every time.

If that's the case might be some mod causing problems where you don't really purchase the module

freddiebox #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 10 August 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

No, but it looks an expensive bug.

CHeck if you are actually losing the credits or if they are back every time.

If that's the case might be some mod causing problems where you don't really purchase the module

I am indeed losing credits when I have to re-purchase said module. Just last night when I went and logged into my account the same module on the same tank was missing as usual and I had to spend 13 thousand credits to get it back. Logged back in this morning and boom module resets again.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62839 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well we have seen tech tree bugs due to server communication issues before. So relogging back in again without buying them back does nothing either?

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14306 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

That's funny, I experienced the exact opposite. I researched a bunch of low tier tanks and their modules and even the Hellcat, without spending any free-exp, combat exp or gold.

That was a good bug feature. :D

freddiebox #8 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

Allright so confirmed it wasn't mod related by pulling out everything I had in the res_mods folder.

So I purchased the module that keeps resetting for maybe now the seventh time and spent my evening grinding on a higher tier tank of the same faction. As I was about to quit just now wouldn't you know it the module disappeared as usual giving me the usual option to unlock it for 13 thousand credits. Still waiting response from Wargaming.

Ugh, having their servers mess around with you in a game where you spend money from time to time and waste countless of hours grinding is not a very good feeling.

bstb3 #9 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37152 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

Have you looked in your depot to see if you have multiples of the module that keeps being removed? Just curious if it's just demounting for some reason, or actually demounting and removing from garage - if its keeping them then its just a pain to remount, but saves money. 

It doesn't sound like it is becoming unresearched then - you aren't having to unlock with XP. Have you the top tracks mounted ? Perhaps you are purchasing but due to the weight limit it's not mounting them (it shouldn't let you purchase over and over, but WG..}?

Either way hope you get it resolved :)

Homer_J #10 Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Never ever heard of this before.

A few screenshots of what you are doing might be useful.  Some before and after and then after it mysteriously disappears.

Perhaps you are buying a module which is too heavy for your suspension, in which case it will purchase and not mount.

freddiebox #11 Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 11 August 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

Never ever heard of this before.

A few screenshots of what you are doing might be useful.  Some before and after and then after it mysteriously disappears.

Perhaps you are buying a module which is too heavy for your suspension, in which case it will purchase and not mount.

I do have the upgraded threads for said tank. And even if my load capacity is too weak why would the game sell the module and force me to re-purchase it? As you said the game should keep the module but not allow me to mount it. I can mount it however and use it in battle without any problems whatsoever. I will grab some screenshots next time I login.

Homer_J #12 Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfreddiebox, on 11 August 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

I do have the upgraded threads for said tank. And even if my load capacity is too weak why would the game sell the module and force me to re-purchase it? 

It wouldn't and it never has done to anyone else as far as I am aware.

freddiebox #13 Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles
After submitting the issue to Wargaming and including printscreens of modules disappearing they claim to see in their "logs" that I have unlocked the same module several times but they locked the ticket saying they can't see what tank I mounted the modules on. Without allowing me to give a response they simply locked the ticket saying nothing is wrong. Normal treatment from Wargaming these days. I guess I'm going to have to keep re-buying the modules disappearing everytime I log-in.

Edited by freddiebox, 21 August 2017 - 02:50 PM.

SuedKAT #14 Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You can reopen the ticket again. Personally I've never experienced something similar, but you might find these threads interesting:

http://forum.worldof...xp-bug/#topmost

http://forum.worldof...25-like-i-said/

It's not exactly the same issue, but similar enough, sadly the OP used Photobucket to host his pictures though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users